the Rift

[OPEN] These Indifferences We Share [Joining]

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The night her world fell apart, she pulled herself together, and found the might to break away from it all. Instead of ever going alone, she went with another, her father now there with her when she ran away into the desert. Her night was left with her best friend and her father, the tears that fell from her face an almost unthought of sight while they were all real, she went to a place in the desert. When her tears clouded the sight of her pale blue eyes, there was beacon of light in the distance, lighting the night. It called to her in a way that drew her in like a moth to a light. Somehow, it wanted her, and she followed without plea.
Each step in the dark was brought by the sound of her father, the stallion never too far from her. She listened to him, wanting a voice to reassure her in the cold. Birdsong kept the area in a warmth, not much of a suana but warmer than the slush that clotted the Arch now. Even the idea of returning there seemed difficult at this time, seeing her mother there waiting for her while the spotted mare couldn't stand right because of the wound. The filly cringed at the thought of covering up the wound again, how it was paining the mare to even receive touch there. After those moments between the Doctor and the Patient, she felt a lack of love to the mare, yet stuck around. It never pleased anymore from then on.
Her soft blue light engulfs and expresses every emotion upon her young face. Upon it lies confusion, worry, regret, fear, while inside her chest there is the stone of loyalty crushing her heart. She broke ties of her birth-band just to have her dad, creating a selfish act in the process. A whisper slides beneath her breath, breaking her silence when her mind is all but alive.
"What if they don't like me? What if they think I'm a traitor?"
'Traitor' was an unique word for her to speak, seeing as it was never a word ever spoken in her vocabulary. It described her almost too perfectly though. She stops, her horn's light bursting forward for a second before becoming stationary. Her small head turns to the direction of her father, the pain within her eyes enhanced by the blue light. His silver glow tells her exactly where he is, letting her know that he is there with her. "Daddy?" She waits for a sound from the stallion with patientence, something taught to her by one she left for this. "Daddy, what if they don't want us? What if the Assassins hate me because I ran away for this?" Her voice is filled with pain, the feeling of a rock inside of her throat keeps her from speaking in a way she is custom to. If the Assassins hated her for this, so let them be that way.
She lingers near him for a few moments before taking her steps up again. The fire is much closer now as a different smell greets the pair. The world smells of sand and sea salt (as odd as it seemed. She never expected sea salt to tint the air.), adding to the awkwardness of this situation. Whenever she finds herself stopping, however she came across the action, a single word breaks her silence.
"Hello?"

OOC: Okay guys, Sikeax is officially joining the Throat with Roy. A thread of her leaving the Assassins will take place after this thread.
Please let Loon post first though. <3.
@[Roy]

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Roy Posts: 22
Dragon's Throat Stallion atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4 [ages in frostfall] HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Loon

Actions | "Speech" | Thought

He followed after Sia, mostly keeping his silence as he protected her like a bodyguard. Wherever she went, he followed, watching. He had never been gifted with speech and talking to his daughter was stunted because of this. The bad thing was that the prolonged silence was making him seem cold towards her, which was not the case at all. Being with her, he was overwhelmed by all that he wanted to teach her and had no idea where he should start.

However, he had noticed that she seemed to be travelling towards the distant lights of the Dragons Throat. If she intended on joining that herd, Roy had no idea whether or not he would be willing to follow her. He wanted to warn her that herds were not to be trusted, but how could he do such a thing to her innocence? Just because he wasn't comfortable around large groups didn't mean he had a right to impose his insecurities onto her.

When she stopped he stood along side her, his form towering over her fast maturing body. Before long, they would stand shoulder to shoulder. For now, the little filly barely came up to his shoulder. He flicked an ear to listen to what she was saying and his maw opened, finally, to give her an answer.

"I can't tell you what to do, Sia. You're my daughter, and I love you. I would do anything to keep you safe. You know this. I can not answer for them, but I can say that no matter what you think of yourself, or what others think of you, you are not a traitor. You felt uneasy with what was happening in the assassins. Disagreeing with someone's views is not a sign of betrayal. It's a sign of growing old enough to make your own choices and believe what you want to believe. Your mother thought to use you as a bargaining chip in the assassins, and by doing so, she nullified everything that said you had a right to think and act as you saw fit. In other words, she treated you like an object."

He sighed and turned his icy blue gaze on her, his own horn glowing quite a bit stronger than hers, perhaps because it was older, bigger, or perhaps because his vitality was more stable at 4 years old. He had left his years of immaturity and raging hormones behind. "I'm not going to justify what she did, but I will not speak ill of her. You have your own opinions and I won't sway them. However, I will warn you against joining a herd. I understand you want to learn more about healing, but just know that I might not be so willing to follow you. I don't... feel comfortable vowing allegiance to a horse who hasn't done anything to earn my respect, who might demand that I change my ways to suit his or her needs. I have never attempted to call myself loyal, and I'm not going to start caring about horses I don't know, but... if you still want to join these horses then I will join them as well to keep an eye on you if that is what you wish."

He didn't know if he had worded any of that correctly, but he hoped she would gain his meaning through the tone of his voice if nothing else. He cared about her, worried about what would happen if she put her trust in horses who might force her to change and then who might call her a traitor if she refused or ran when she was old enough. He worried further about what would happen if she sold out in order to fit in. He knew better to assume anything, but he also knew that she was a Strider, and Striders were independent in legacy, whom found teamwork hard to abide by, and allied themselves with only their closest friends and no one else.

That was why he found it hard to accept herd life, and why he worried whether she would truly be happy living in the lighted land.

@[Sikeax] played by Katie.
Finally figured out how to tag people in posts. HUZZAH! :D

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!
WE WERE STRONG.
we stayed bright as lightning. we sang loud as thunder.
we moved ever forward.</style>

Wind, it rustles the sand below, a quiet warning of the tidal wave about to land.

My chocolate feathers brush the sky, an endless blanket of stars racing ahead of me, the night. The whistle of feathers, a golden mane, and the sleek figure of my body, all racing downward to the pair with impossible speed. I plummet toward the earth, my wings slipping toward my sides to allow faster, faster speed yet, my companion rushing ahead, swirling about the ground as it breaks upon the sands.

A cloud of crimson greets my wings as they flair up, the splash of air racing back upward to slow my descent and keep my limbs from folding underneath me. The sheer force of my velocity could kill, except I had pulled the same maneuver countless times now. The sky is my home. I am the master of the wind. I would never be kicked from the embrace of the air. Flight would never claim my life. Whatever evil awaited me with the grim, it would not be a failure of my wings.

A wave of sand rushes upward as I come to a halt upon the crimson floor, a few paces from the pair looking inward at my home curiously. I waltz toward them, gritting my teeth against the soreness of my injuries still healing, the gashes of a horn prevalent and obvious upon my shoulders. It is with dangerously narrowed dark eyes that I viewed the pair with horns. One, a filly, the other a stallion only a tad larger than myself. I am quite sure that I outweigh him in muscle mass, however, just upon a brush of evaluation. If this broke into violence, I would arise victorious still.

My face is taut, suspicious, and most of all pissed off. Still, who could blame me? The assault so recently upon my herd was waged by the horned cretins of the North. "If you hail from the North," I begin, my voice masculine and low, tones deadly serious. "I would turn your ass around and head home." Or I will break you.

I am not racist, but unicorns have a special place of doubt in my heart. Snakes in the grass, equipped with brutal weapons. "Otherwise, state your purpose here."

KRI the RESOLUTE</style>
MY FRIENDS, I'M ONLY FLESH AND BONE, BUT I WON'T LET YOU DIE ALONE.</style>

image by ANGEL!

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

She listened to her father speak with ears alert, attempting to be more mature with the fact that she was growing up, and that this time and place could judge the way they lived from some time. Their glows lit the world, alerting everyone that they were there. As she stood beside him, there was a feeling of regret, a punch slamming into her young heart as her father spoke of her mother. Was the mare truly that bad? Had it been that good that Roy had come at the right time to wisk her away to hopefully happiness? Her small glowing head is moved towards the male, mouth open as she prepares to speak to him once more, when the sands burst over her small body and blast her.
The first reaction of those even smart enough to react was to brace yourself, to tuck one's head in towards their chest with their eyes closed. Her mouth clamped shut as fast as it would go, but sand still broke in. When she did feel the impact end, she broke into coughing, dust escaping from her small mouth as she expelled it. The pale blue eyes that held grey flecks attempted to flutter open, her pale eyelashes blinking wildly in attempts to remove the painful particles from her young eyes. Her coughing fit continues as a winged mare appears, much larger than Amara, yet smaller than her father. To the filly, she only went up the mid shoulder of the mare. Suddenly, her mind went to Amara, her best friend, and how she left her closest thing to a sister behind. A quick mental note was made to visit Amara as much as she could, and hopefully have her friend over for a sleepover if they were ever accepted.
Her first thought of the winged mare was as of how she was oddly beautiful in plain way. What beauty she remembered was of Adrixaura and another mare, both having been adorned with more beauty than what was needed. With this mare's plain beauty, the filly felt more at ease over the situation. Her father was beside her, keeping her strong and reminding her that no matter what happened, she had someone to go to for advice.
Their greeting wasn't what she exactly expected, instead of receiving a friendly 'welcome to my world' thing, it was instead hateful words that made her cringe with the reminders of the Basin. Apparently, no one within a herd knew of good manners to anyone who may potentially join. Here, they welcomed with harsh and hateful words that made the plain beauty of the mare seem ugly and disgusting. It was good manners and the fact that they needed to show they meant no harm that kept her from rebounding with a hateful word.
"I come from the North, but not like you would think. I lived at the Frozen Arch, if you know what I'm talking about. This is my father, Roy, and I am Sikeax. After an issue with my mother, I have left my outcast band to live with my father and to find a home. I can offer you my healing skills if you would be as kind of to let us join this herd, and hopefully help me learn. Please, I don't want you to judge me over my horn. The bad feelings for the Basin lies inside me. When they all ran from their home, I went to check in on them, just to make sure, only to almost be taken prisoner for trying to be nice."
Her voice is soft and clouded, puffs of dust still being expelled outwards when she spoke. The pair of blue eyes drift to the wounds upon the plain coloured mare, bringing the idea that it came from an unicorn. "Are you alright?" It is only a question, her attempt to show that she cares for the well being of another soul. The memories of her mother's wounds bring a cringe to her mental facade, the outside world only seeing slight displeasure in her eyes. The only thought that runs through her mind is simple, one that plagued her the whole journey there. Would they even like me?

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Roy Posts: 22
Dragon's Throat Stallion atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4 [ages in frostfall] HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Loon

Actions | "Speech" | Thought

The sand whipped up by a breeze that rose suddenly, whip;ping his mane and tail violently as he turned his head away and closed his eyes to shield them from the rough wind. When it stopped, he blinked sand out of his eyes as his optics watered with irritation. The image of a chocolate chestnut mare stood in front of them, her wings folding as she landed in front of them. He lifted his head high to study her.

She had a simple beauty about her, but even as she tried to hide it, he could tell she was deeply wounded. By the tone of her voice, the unfriendliness she lashed at the two of them, who were both unicorns, he was willing to bet that it was one of his horned brethren that had injured her so. Before he could reply to her harsh inquiries, however, his daughter was speaking. she was diplomatic, and conversational in her tone, and Roy was relieved that she did not seem to have taken offence at the mare's harsh tone. She was obviously suffering, and he could not blame her for being suspicious of the strangers if the attack had happened recently.

When Sia was done, he took a step forwards to introduce himself. "My name is Roy, and as my daughter told you, we are travelling together to find a willing mentor who will teach her the ways of a healer. Sia comes from the frozen north, but neither of us have sought out the protection of a major herd before. At least not until now. As for myself, I come from nowhere and everywhere, all at once. I was raised to be free and to stand on my own. I won't change such a policy now, however, my loyalty is unwaveringly placed on Sia's shoulders. She needs my protection. I go where she goes, I protect her and her interests alone. As soon as I see that she is old enough to care for herself and make her own decisions, I will leave. This is not negotiable."

He spoke in a firm voice, businesslike despite his calm, friendly face. What he meant that he was not going to leave Sikeax behind, or allow himself to be separated from her. His devotion as a protective father was absolute.

@[Sikeax], played by Katie
@[Kri], played by Boom!
This response was powered by this song.

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!
WE WERE STRONG.
we stayed bright as lightning. we sang loud as thunder.
we moved ever forward.</style>

I feel as though my words leave a bad taste in the mouth of the girl, but she does well at hiding it. My face remains unmoving, forceful, and despite my wounds, I could still crush both of them - or, at least, that is what I will tell myself. My eyes weigh heavily upon her as she speaks, a monologue which appears to stretch into infinity. I remain, a statue, evaluating her words with silent, dark eyes that appear venomous still. Relenting too easily to the words of a child would likely breed a sense of weakness. I am tired of many assuming that we are weak. The children of the desert are anything but weak creatures.

We prevail, no matter the opponent.

The apparent father speaks next, dipping into his own monologue that does not set my heart at ease. I wish to believe the pair, set my bias formed by the Basin aside. I want to listen to them, but my heart feels like ice in my chest. I feel betrayed, angry, and most of all... afraid. They would strike at my family, my very heart, and I could be taken at the time of need without remorse.

And then, the child speaks a question. I turn my face toward her. The frame she lives in is small, delicate, yet pretty. I can tell she is well bred, at least, to hold such an easy appearance. However, her words set my teeth on edge, more so than before, but I quell my rage. I do not wish to be mean to a child, for god's sake. If I am to bully anyone in this conversation, it would be her dipshit father. I narrow my eyes only, my voice tensing, jaw harsh and hostile. "Your worry is ill-placed, child." I am strong enough to endure the pain, the hurt, the confusion. Most importantly, I am strong enough to forgive.

"If a home is what you seek, you may have one here," I say, glancing toward the pair. "Be warned, however, if I suspect you of any treachery, plotting, or violence toward my kin, I will revoke your right to stand within these borders by force." My eyes are serious, my voice heavy and masculine, much like the muscular build of my body.

After a pause, I look back. "Otherwise, welcome brother and little sister. I am Kri, Commander of the Dragon's Throat."

KRI the RESOLUTE</style>
MY FRIENDS, I'M ONLY FLESH AND BONE, BUT I WON'T LET YOU DIE ALONE.</style>

image by ANGEL!