the Rift

Dreamseller [OPEN]

Amor Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The birds were chirping, and it was just a little windy when I flew through the sky. I was so happy to start over, in another land.

A giant bird flew past me and I threw my head up in surprisement. Once the bird disappeared in the distance, I relaxed a bit and landed by a lake to drink a little. I brought my head down and sipped. The feeling of the cool water gliding down my throat was glorious. I had flew over a day with one little break to eat grass. I kept sipping till it felt like I emptied the lake. I started eating some grass, then closed my eyes for a few seconds. The only thing I had to do now, was find a herd.

I started wandering around just to be discovering the forest. It seemed peaceful. I started trotting and sniffed the air. I snorted and started galopping. I shook my mane in excitement and started trotting in circles, then reared a little. I heard something like a squirrel rush away, probably scared of my movement. I started walking again and looked around. I started thinking of how to find a proper herd that would accept me, my strong will, and my playfulness. I thought of my old herd, that did that perfectly,but still somehow got droven away from me more and more. I stopped walking and lifted my head up because I heared a sound somewhere. I kept still for a couple seconds, then brought my head down and kept walking. I saw some birds flying around and a hedgehog looking at them. Weird how the hedgehog was up at daylight. I looked at it, then looked in front of me again. I stopped walking and decided to eat some more.
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 Midas</style>

I see your scars
and I count the lines between

More people had come into the Threshold lately, clamoring for homes. For a chance at a new life. Many traveled long distances from outlying territories. Their hooves marking soil and air with tales of woe or delight. Anxious teens ready to prove their wit in battle and might against the world. Elder mares and Stallions seeking a final resting place. Young couples and singles ready for a change, some grieving over lost loved ones, others traveling in search of purpose and love.

I walked these paths often, searching for the souls that need sanctuary. The ones often forgotten. My bottomless eyes scan the dark tresses of timber. They had grown accustomed to the lack of light, moonglow bright enough to glimmer through the canopy was often our only source of guidance. Celestial flora shone brightly here and there, trees with silver orbs off little comfort. Other than that…our home was blanketed in total darkness. As it had been since Frostfall.

Scents brought by a strong Northern breeze tickles my senses, most of them unfamiliar but promising at least. I trailed one until the trees broke apart with the hint of a clearing coming into sight. A Pegasus, dipped in a strong mocha color was resting in said glade. That tone reminded me of a certain female that lead our clan. Kri. The little lad was short, yet muscled enough to not appear an adolescent. I forced a smile to lift both corners and pushed ahead at a walk to close the space between us. “Good eve Brother,” polite enough to set the mood, yet open-ended enough to grant him room for conversation or rebuff my intentions.

Image by: Sei
Table by: Brit
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Unregistered
I walked around looking for better patches of grass, and ate some here and there. I looked around and saw something move in the tall grass between the trees. I jumped up and shook my mane, though I knew it was just a leaf. I just wanted something to do. Someone to play with.

I thought of my old herd again. I didn't really have any friends, but the other horses were fine playing with me. I found some good grass and started eating again. While I was eating a fly was getting near me, and I tried to slash it away with my tail, but it wouldn't go away. It started to annoy me, then agitate me. I made some biting movements to it, it didn't leave. So I just let it come to me.

I started eating again, when I heard something. I brought my head up and listened. It became louder and started to sound like hoofsteps. I was hoping to see a horse, just as young as me, not willing to fight, but still, I wanted to annoy someone pretty bad. I snorted, when the hoofsteps got ouder. I sensed someone. Obviously a stallion. I started eating grass again, so I didn't look as desperate as I was. Would I be able to join a herd after having a good talk with someone? The hoofs came closer and closer, and then they stopped. “Good eve Brother,” I heard a polite voice say. I lifted my head up. I was facing a strong looking winged stallion. "Hello," I said, hoping to not have seemed too uninterested. I saw the smile the stallion was pulling. Obviously a forced smile, but it was a smile.
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 Midas</style>

I see your scars

The boy seemed promising enough; or at least he didn’t step on any toes within the first few seconds of seeing me. When comparing others that traveled through the territory, being polite seemed to be an accomplishment for many. He glanced at me with mild interest and responded to my greeting without fancy frill. Straightforward. I could handle that. Smiling a little kinder, I took a moment to do a subtle scan of his smallish build; it had been taught more than once that size wasn’t something to take into account alone. Many of the Throat were of shorter stature when coupled next to basin folk—but it was often said that a dragon had more heart. “It’s an honor to meet you Sir, I’m Midas.” After a pause I asked, “You are a Nomad? I don’t believe I’ve ever seen you before.”

Hopefully the attempt at light conversation wouldn’t be rebuked. If the stranger would only open up—thus making my life easier, because when it came down to seeing if said pony figure would be suitable for my clan I had to know who it was that trailed me home. Far too often our home took in travelers that used the Throat as a pit stop—vanishing before even claiming a duty for compensation. It was rude, but expected. Freeloaders, my Da called them. Good for nothings that wouldn’t work, but would eat the same as a Soldier who patrolled from dawn till dusk. Ma always chided him, being the more gracious one—she saw the potential in people.

Unregistered
I looked at the stallion better. He smiled a little more kind now. I liked that. I didn't know if this was an important stallion or just average. I'd guess pretty important.

"Its an honor to meet you Sir, I'm Midas," he said. Wow, I thought. "You are a nomad? I don't believe I've ever seen you before." Normally I wouldn't even tell my name and start a game already, but this guy was so... diffrent. I looked at a bird pass by, again, then I noticed the fly was still really close to me, and I tried to ignore it.

"I'm Amor," I said. "I flew a day and got here." I didn't feel really comfortable not holding on to my principles and just tell Midas my name like a 'normal' horse. But randomly starting running around wouldn't have made me feel much more comfortable. There was the fly again. I tried not to look really angry but when it wouldn't go away when I slashed it with my tail I started stepping around with my hind legs, untill I gave a little kick and it finally went away.

"I'm just looking for a herd to stay with," I said.
Midas seemed like a righteous horse.
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
 Midas</style>

I see your scars

“I’m Amor,” he said in that same simple, straightforward manner of speaking. “I flew a day and got here.” Interestingly short and transparent, I mused quietly to myself. In a way, he reminded me of Guacho—a tiny, unadorned Guacho. The sheer frivolous of the idea had me repressing a chuckle that would have been out of place for our conversation. Instead I turned my mind toward where this little lad might be from, surely he hadn’t flown very far then, or else was rather swift of wing to have arrived in Helovia’s Threshold from the outlands in a single day. Smiling all the same I decided to not push the subject further than perhaps Amor might be comfortable going. The man seemed to be a creature of few words despite having friendly demeanor. “I’m just looking for a herd to stay with,” a careful but considerate nod followed his words.

With an ever helpful and understanding bearing to the situation I replied, “I’m pleased to hear that your travels fared well enough to find yourself here," graciously my head fell from its high held position and bent humbly forward. Warmly I added, “I hail from Dragon’s Throat, you would be welcomed there.” Cera was waiting back home, he had grown antsy over the last few weeks—restless almost. Fina stayed near him in the skies, her eyes watching him while mine where away. Though he wasn’t a child any longer, I feared for that adolescent spirit. A hot mind could cause more trouble when set to flame.

Unregistered
"I'm pleased to hear that your travels fared well enough to find yourself here." I thought about that sentence one second. Fancy, I thought. Now it was my turn to smile. "I hail from Dragon's Throat, you would be welcomed there."

I looked at Midas one second like he was out of his mind. Who would take me? But then my feelings changed. He would like me in Dragon's Throat. I started looking happy again. Really happy. I started thinking. What would the girls look like? Would there be any other guys just as playful as me? But hell, who cared? I found a herd. "I would?" I asked, less confident again. "I mean, I'd love to go there!" I love my life, I thought. I love my life and it will never change. I thought of my old herd again. My previous herd. I thought of that, full of happiness. I wondered what this herd looked like. Lots of pegasus, that would kinda declare some things, but if that wasn't the thing, I'd have no idea what was. "I'd love to," I repeated."Yes." But still. When I'd meet the other horses, would a rain of love gonna be falling down on me, or am I gonna be burned with the oh so hot flames of hate? I had no idea, and why worry about something you don't know?
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
 Midas</style>

I see your scars

He stared at me with an unreadable expression and for a moment I wasn’t sure if my words had been taken well or not. After a small lapse that could be consideration or hesitation, the boy replied attentively with an unsure question, “I would?” Nodding slowly but saying nothing I stood by, waiting for Amor to finish the rest of his sentence. I could see more unspoken words pooling up behind his gaze, like a happy river of hope—followed by a glow that changed otherwise neutral features into something more pleasant, “I mean, I’d love to go there!” Lips slipped higher and unsealed into a bright grin, whatever inner conflict was happening behind those dark eyes—at least it was being settled.

“Aye,” I said after he repeated himself in a tone that seemed almost desperately craving to please, “To home we go.” Dual appendages flexed before spreading impressively to their max length; my right wing brushed the side of a tree as it unfurled and scrapped off a few pieces of black bark. This space was so tightly encased—a taller Pegasus would have a time rising from here. Luckily, neither of us had that problem. Neck slithered up toward a darkly shadowed heaven. With tense quarters, I rose into a half rear and thrust feathers in their first downward stroke. Air gathered beneath the slender stems, forelimbs clawed at the space ahead in a futile but instinctually attempt to rise higher, faster. Homeward we would go. To his new destiny.

OOC: You can go to the updates section at the bottom of the homepage. Find the rank changing thread and change your rank to something for the Throat. I'll throw up an intro thread for you and message it to you when its up!