the Rift

Falling Through The Cracks [OPEN]

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Opening her eyes in panic the white spanish fae looked around at her surroundings anxiously for anyone nearby. Her heart settled down a little when no one was found in her vicinity and she was unharmed to say the least for now anyway. Silently cursing under her breath for falling asleep yet again in unknown territory she pulled her long legs from underneath her and ambled to her feet. Arching her neck she felt a few of the knots release in her muscles kinked from having slept in one spot for to long yet again. Ever since she had come to this land she had been wandering alone trying to stay as far away from others mainly stallions, as possible. She wasn't exactly opposed to the idea of meeting new people but there were many barriers that would have to be broken down before she could allow herself to open up to someone. Starting a family had never been much of a realistic reality for her in the past but who knows what the future could bring if the right someone came along. If she was to become a mother her only hope that the stud who chose her was kind and wanting more then just the act of it all before they disappeared, never to be heard from again. Was it really all that much to ask after all? Sighing she could only laugh at her thoughts mutely who was she kidding, since when did stallions come in the kind variety, at least never in her own experience.

Her previous heat cycle had been very traumatic as she had managed to conceive a foal from a big brute of a stallion who only wanted her for his pleasure. She had tried to fight him off as she wasn't ready to become a mother at that time but to little avail. A few scars remained over her neck and torso from where his teeth and large hooves had scathed her icy white pelt. He left as soon as he was finished with her not paying her a second glance as he galloped off to find his next catch. If that wasn't bad enough a few months into her pregnancy she was met by yet another stallion. At first he seemed nice and considerate but when he found out she was already claimed by another he lost his temper and almost severely injured her. Sure it had been a season earlier that she had been claimed but this stud was impatient and angry for having wasted his time. Later that evening as she lay quietly trying to tend to her many wounds both physically and mentally another pain came over her. Needless to say she ended up loosing the baby due to the trauma inflicted by the stallion.

Months had passed now but still to this day she was still traumatized by the whole ordeal and was looking for a chance to attempt to erase that experience and replace it with one that is worth remembering. The only problem was that her trust in others had been shattered so she had become wary of everyone. She needed someone to take the time and patience to mend those wounds not someone who would reopen them. Sighing she again glanced around and seeing nothing but nature she continued walking not knowing where exactly she was going. If one looked at her delicate frame it would be painfully obvious to anyone who paid attention that her life has been hell over the last couple months. Her ribs could be palpated through her flesh and the bony protrusions on her hips and shoulders could be visualized without to much probing. Despite her efforts to maintain her appearance the constant onslaught of bad luck always made it difficult. One who travels from place to place in fear is one who doesn't take all that much time to satisfy their own needs to the extent needed so naturally her weight was decreased from poor nutrition and marred by the scabs of various wounds in the process of healing. To sum it all up she likely looked pathetic but right now she had almost given up caring.

Coming across a patch of rather nice greenery the fae stopped daring herself to grab some while she could. Reaching her neck hastily downwards she grasped a mouthful of the lush greens before returning her head to an upright position fearing something was going to appear at any moment. Finishing the mouthful her stomach grumbled with hunger wanting more so after a couple moments of silence she once again repeated the motions of her grazing. If only there could be a time where she could feel safe and secure again, it had been way to long she had almost forgotten the feeling. Only time would tell what the future may hold.

TAGS: OPEN
WORDS: 831
NOTES: Open to anyone who wishes to join in.

Table and Image by Moonstone Designs
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Harmony Posts: 137
Deceased
Filly :: Equine :: 16.4 HH :: 5 § Frostfall
Wild.

H a r m o n y

Until you are in Harmony with yourself, you are not complete.

I slip through the deep undergrowth once again. I travel off the beaten path, restraining from the odd trees and flowers that light the paths that have been heavily traveled. With my maw torn, dried blood lingers on my lips, making them go from sorrel to a dark brown. My bodice is strong though, not marked nor bruised. I walk quietly, my hooves being se carefully by my skilled muscles, that have adapted to stealth. I stray away from the moonlight, sticking to the shadows. Avoiding the small clearings bathed in light. I would rater lurk than be noticed. I prefer the darkness rather than light now.

I slip by a slim sycamore tree, my bodice scraping against it as I past. I come to a halt, lifting my maw to the heavens to let my scenters eat all of the scents, and letting my harks drink all the noise. There is no scent among the brisk breeze, blowing cold air from the area of Heavenly Fields, to the West of me. I let the wind caress my locks for a moment before moving on, seeking something that I don't know of. Right leg in front of left, front before hind I move swiftly through the dense undergrowth. My slow pace enables me to know what is happening at all sides of me. To my right is a common beaten trail, where I have seen many meetings of newcomers. To my left is more trees; oaks and pines. Their trunks thicker than the ones that surround the path to the right of me. To my front, a small bird flutters from tree to tree, quietly calling to it's partner. There is no path in sight, only trees and something... What is that? Something strikingly white.

My orbs immediately widen. I fasten my pace, remaining quiet though. I no longer pay attention to my sides, neither to my behind. I only focus on what's before me, on keeping my bodice coordinated so I stay calm and quite. My muscles quench, squeeze and flex with every careful step. I come closer and closer, until the scent of what is before me. A white dove, a girl. I can't tell her age of course. I linger for a moment watching her to be sure she poses no threat until I make my presence apparent to her.

Restraining from the shadows, I step forward a few paces. I smirk a bit as I feel the moon's light engulf my muscular bodice. I dip my dome to the white dove.

" Greetings darling. "

@[Brisa]
Table by Wild. - SarhaharaS1@DA

The many scents around the fae all combined into a mass confusion of new experiences. Some she could easily recognize while others proved to remain a mystery until she dared be brave enough to venture farther to determine the identity. For now she tugged at the lush greenery that grew up from the earth below to satisfy or at least dull her hunger. For the time being she was content to just hide out in the solitude of the darkness praying that fortune would be in her favor for once. Trying to calm her nerves she allowed breaths to come deep filling her lungs before slowly releasing the air to be free once more. What all could she find familiar with this area? Closing her blue orbs momentarily she allowed her harks to perk swivel around to catch all the gentle sounds emanating from the depths of the area.

A faint breeze could be heard drifting occasionally through the trees while songbirds chirped and sang their songs. Somewhere there must be a creek or some water as the soft gurgling could be heard along with the drips of the cool liquid splashing upon itself from higher levels. Opening her eyes once more she started to feel some of the built up tension ease out of her battered body. Maybe this place would prove not so bad after all, she thought silently to herself gazing around. Maybe she could finally regain some of her strength without having to fight for her life at the will of merciless brutes, the thought would be nice but she knew all too well that life was not all rainbows and butterflies, it was rather like a game of battlefield where anything could happen. It was never fair but there was no stopping what the future held, it would come whether you wanted it to or not.

Lowering her head once again she found that hunger no longer a problem at least for the time being. This was probably the first time in many months that she had been able to eat enough to satisfy her needs. Somewhere nearby something crackled alerting her senses back into high gear, as her head returned to an erect position, her harks at attention. What or better yet who was lurking somewhere nearby? Fear ebbed up her spine and she could feel the presence of someone watching her, now the only question was where? There, her orbs fell upon the figure walking out of the darkness. Her breath stilled as her heart beat loudly in her chest willing her to run, but she held her ground warily. There was no point in trying to escape she would never be able to outrun them and she had absolutely no idea where she would go.

" Greetings darling. " As the lyrics sunk into her cranium she slowly processed her reaction. It was a kind enough greeting and thankfully by another femme, but could she really make that assumption so soon? Even the kindest tones could turn nasty without a seconds notice and that much she would like to avoid if at all possible. Shrinking backwards a step she tried to read the stranger without much success, she was terrible when it came to determining another's intent. "Hello, who are you?" she managed rather nervously forcing herself to stand still.

TAGS: [harmony]
WORDS: 560
NOTES: Welcome!

-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --

Adalaide Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: top_zps861bfa6d.png]
if it ain't lightening yet
it's either coming or you're in the eye of it

I was one who liked to stop and smell the roses of the precious gift we called life. I liked to help those who needed their own patch of flowers along the way, as well. I had a desire to help and to bring hope to who needed it. I wanted to show creatures that there was indeed such thing as a second chance, even if it meant hard work to cross that bridge to the light.

Right now, was another one of those times that I would find myself stopping to help one of those nice passerby's. My blue eyes, much like the normal and regular beautiful blue skies on a cloudless day, swiveled back and forth until I found myself at the source of the sound that my sensitive ears had picked up on; the tearing and ripping of grass from its roots.

It appeared that this subject in front of me was indeed a newcomer to the world of Helovia and with this, I also recalled my own welcoming to the place. It wasn't a particularly a party I guess you could say... and I wasn't particularly a party goer.

Another creature quickly comes out and I hesitate to break from the trees that I am shrouded in. It's a young mare, painted with lightly contrasting shades. My black ears are turned completely at the two and I await the words of the paint who proceeds to greet the grey mare.

My extremely large, tall, and muscular frame slowly yet gracefully entered my way into the picture. My inverted-night-sky coat contracted and stretched as my muscles rippled with every step I took. It was like an eagle to a crow and with this realization, I lowered my head to show I was of no harm and gave a nod.

My icy blue eyes were radiating with warmth and friendliness and my voice was quick to follow. My voice was warm and kind, gentle yet booming. It gave a sense of calmness and welcoming. "Good evening... to the both of you. Welcome to Helovia. We are currently cloaked in an endless night but we are hoping that it will soon give in to the sun's warm and bright rays. I am Adalaide, leader of the Storm Strike who helps lost souls, shelters them, fights for righteousness and equality. We rebel against those who deem they are more superior than their surrounding brethren and sistren over something as ridiculous as a horn on one's head. Semi-anarchists if you will."

The sound waves coming from my throat silenced themselves yet quickly flew to the air once more. "And whom might you be, sister?"

@[Brisa] , You're table is beautiful by the way!

[Image: bottom_zps64cd02f6.png]Images used are posted so many times, I couldn't find credits.

Deceased
Wild.

H a r m o n y

The dove's words where lined with nervousness. She seemed to not have the cleverness, or possibly it was sense, to reach into my soul and set in that brain of hers what intentions I have. But, of course, not all can do this. This is something that takes a long time, possibly years to perfect and make accurate. Once you master it, it becomes second nature. Simply, look into the wholes of their soul. The orbs. You can tell millions of things from a horses' facial expression, the look in their eyes. You can see straight to their heart if your good at it, and make a very accurate judgment on their intentions, what kind of being they are, and much more. Although, some beings have perfected the art of blocking all feeling from their faces. They just flash you a stone faced look, no matter hard you try to look into them, they simply push you away.

The white dove standing before me showed expressions of fear, being lost, and nervousness. Not uncommon for all the new comers I see on a regular basis. For some reason, this fae reminded me much of Kai. She asked me who I was, which wasn't the politest thing to do, but who minds? I sure don't.

" Newcomer, I am Harmony. Of the Assassins. "

Before I could stifle any more soft, kind words, another entered the scene. One the color of midnight. Orbs the color of mine, but a darker hue. Her presence was welcoming. My orbs took her in. She seemed the same age, or maybe it was a few ears older than I. Her facial expression seemed calm, and her eyes where light and friendly. I liked this dove.

She spoke of where she came from, a band of the name Storm Strike. She told us how her home-herd shared equal-ness and the right of all beings. This was something Helovia needed. Most beings looked down upon us Equines, thinking we are impure. When really, we are the originals. We are the pure ones, they are simply genetic mutations. But, really none of this should matter. I believe in the equal rights of all beings also. I am not by any means racist, or against other species.

She then shifted her focus to myself, calling me 'sister'. This made me feel welcome. The way she spoke was very kind. I dipped my head to her in response, letting my kissers part so I could voice my response.

" Hello, darling Adalaide. It is a pleasure to accompany you on this fine night. The sound of your herd, it is magnificent. I love the way you speak of equal rights between all species. I agree with your purposal. I shall tell my leader of your good deeds. "

@[Adalaide] @[Brisa]
Table by Wild. - SarhaharaS1@DA

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

we are like birds of a feather
we are two hearts joined together
we will be forever as one
my brother under the sun </style>

I knew I ought to be resting, but I was a restless soul.

Flying above me, Suli's violet gaze bore into me like a knife. The young dragoness wasn't pleased in the slightest that I had gone venturing away from home, especially after I had put myself through a brutal invasion. My left foreleg still ached and my shoulder still slumped in protest whenever too much was asked of it; in all honesty, I wasn't sure what drew me away from the home I could have very well lost just over a week ago, but with the knowledge that the World's Edge was safe and that our enemies were in the same physical state as we were, I saw little harm in my actions. My children were safe as well as the rest of my herd mates, and that was enough to put my mind at ease and send me off.

Perhaps it had been the recent scare of invasion that prompted me to come here to the Threshold, where so many of Helovia's residents had passed through on their way into the land, myself included. I wondered, what did the weary traveler think of this strange, eternally dark land? Did they fear it and turn back to where they had come from, or did curiosity and the thirst for adventure beckon them to step beyond the Threshold? I had come here with a lost soul and a broken heart, and I doubted that I was the only one bearing such wounds.

As I walked along the lit, winding path that led through the Threshold, a breeze picked up and rustled what leaves remained on the trees and the grass that had managed to sprout despite the lack of sun. On the wind, I managed to pick up the scent of a stranger up ahead, but they were not alone; they were accompanied by the distinct, pungent scent of salt water and junipers; the scent of my home, the World's Edge. Coming to a brief halt, I twisted my ears forward and tried to pinpoint the group's exact location, my chest blossoming with anticipation. If another from the World's Edge had already found someone, then who was it? As Wingleader, I knew the majority of my herd, but my free time was not often spent leisurely speaking with them. Just for today, maybe I could amend that.

Moving forward, I began to pick up the sounds of voices, jumbled words until I got close enough to piece it all together. I wouldn't have been surprised if they were already alert to my approach, for my footsteps were far from stealthy due to my injury, but I served no threat to the group. From what I could tell, there were three of them; the name had escaped me, but one introduced themselves as a leader of a group called the Storm Strike, something I had yet to hear of. If the mare spoke the truth of her group, then I found myself believing her cause just. It reminded me somewhat of the World's Edge, aside from the anarchist part. Then, another spoke.

"... Newcomer, I am Harmony. Of the Assassins."

Harmony... of the Assassins? My eyes narrowed against the darkness, fixating towards the painted mare, but my posture retained its relaxed nature as I drew to a halt amongst the three mares. I had never personally met Harmony, but I had heard of her joining our ranks in the Edge, though now she was proclaiming herself to be a part of the Assassins. Without prior knowledge of the mare and in the company of strangers, a potential new member to our herd, I would not call her out just yet.

Focusing my bister gaze back on the pale colored mare, I offered her a gentle smile, eyes soft as I took in her general appearance. She was slim, her barrel compressed and ribs exposed against the light of the lamp trees. It caused my stomach to churn to see anybody in such poor condition, and my heart went out to her. Dipping my head in a respectful manner, I took my own turn to introduce myself to the scarred mare. "Welcome to Helovia, Miss; I am Destrier, Wingleader of the World's Edge, and the green is Suli. Might I ask what you seek in this new land?"

Lingering in a low branch just above my head, Suli had made herself quite at home, wrapping her tail about her body, the end of it draping towards the ground. Her gaze had finally left me and gone to the strangers, head tilting one way to the other as she took in what each had to say.

image by blu | table code by tamme

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Heart pounding in her chest the light coloured fae tried her best to cover up her nervousness not wanting to appear as vulnerable as she really was. There was no relaxing her muscles despite her attempts that would be something that would need time. Regarding the mare before her with fear yet curiosity she tried to piece together this strange new place she had found herself in. Before she had time to fully comprehend the situation another figure emerged from the darkness this, another femme but of a darkened hue rather than the two toned fae who was first to emerge. By this point her nerves were shot so her body remained reactionless as her mind attempted to process what all was going on. Good news was at least both strangers were of the same gender as herself which was a little bit comforting. Neither of them seemed to have any ill intentions so far at least so maybe they had just come to greet her.. she reasoned with herself as she listened silently to the lyrics of the two mares.

Their voices were calm and welcoming as they introduced themselves politely to her. She had never heard of the places or herds that they spoke of but they both sounded reasonably nice, especially the description Adelaide had provided. Equality was something that she had always imagined would be in place but very few seemed to actually follow the practice, especially not the others she had met thus far in her life. The memory of them sent a cold chill down her spine but she disregarded it having much more important things to focus on at the moment. Harmony described herself as someone from the assassins, which was a little unnerving. To her knowledge an assassin was someone who kills others on demand, unless there was another meaning for it in this unusual land. Still she made a mental note to keep a close eye on her until she could find out more.

As their voices ceased for a moment she gathered her courage to introduce herself but before she could open her maw the scent of another hit her nares causing a moment of terror as she recognized the other as a stallion. Whenever she had encountered a stallion in the past the consequences had never been in her favor and commonly let her beaten and bruised. No, no you cannot automatically assume this about everyone, just give them a chance a small voice from within told her softly clearing through some of the jumbled thoughts away. Well this was new, she thought to herself before whenever she had been in a situation like this her mind froze as panic set in, now there was her conscious giving her tips on how to react? Was she starting to go crazy, she sure hoped not.

Lyrics once again cut through the silence as her blue optics darted to the stallion who declared himself as Destrier. Watching him carefully yet nervously she couldn't help but notice that there was something strangely different about him, other than the dragon who seemed to be his companion. Upon first impression she did not immediately fear him as was the normal ritual for her when it came to stags. "I ask what you seek in this land?" Dumbstruck she wavered not really knowing how to respond to this question without sounding like a fool. She came her to hopefully find safety and a place to start over but stating this somehow seemed childish to her. At a total loss for what to say to Destrier she decided to address the mares first hoping maybe her mind might think of someway to respond that would sound appropriate. " I apologize if I am intruding into claimed territory, I did not know. My name is Brisa, its nice to meet you." She replied softly nodding to recognize each Harmony, Adelaide and lastly Destrier.

Pausing for a moment to gather her thoughts once more she allowed her orbs to gaze over the other equine standing around her before continuing. " I do not come here on ill intentions, I am merely searching for somewhere that I might possibly call home eventually and possibly some friends if I can." As she concluded her sentence her soft blue orbs fell upon Destrier's for a moment before she hastily refocused her eyes upon the greenery around them feeling for some reason a little embarrassed. Something about the black stud seemed to strike something inside her making her feel all awkward, fidgety and shy. Maybe it was because he had offered her some kindness instead of the coldness that other stallions appeared to have. When she had woken earlier this day or night she really couldn't tell which, this was the last thing she had expected to happen. Was she dreaming or was this actually happening?

Shifting her posture ever so slightly she tried to ignore the strange new emotions that had grasped at her. To distract her mind from it all she turned her gaze back to the two mares curious as to how they would react to the stallion. So far it seemed as if they knew each other but she couldn't be sure so she decided it was best to not open her mouth to voice her inner questions. If she was going to start a new life she did not want to get things off on the wrong note.

TAGS: @[Harmony] @[Adalaide] @[Destrier]
WORDS: 921
NOTES: Yay more people <3

@Adalaide: Thank you, if you wanted one I could always make one for you if you wish :)

Deceased
Wild.

H a r m o n y

I immediately regretted saying I am one of the Assassins, for it seems right on cue, my old home's Wing Leader decides to join our diverse meeting here in this moonlit clearing. When he introduces himself, I take a step towards him, dipping my dome. I decide it is my place to quickly explain to him, only brief though, for it is not the topic of importance. I wince when his orbs linger on my frame. There is something in them that displays confusion, maybe hurt? I let my orbs linger on his bodice also, letting him feel the same feeling that he forced upon me.

" Greetings, sir. You may have heard of me, I used to be part of the World's Edge. I have decided to leave my herd land for certain reasons. If you wish to hear of these reasons, feel free to ask. "

I then step away from him, turning my focus on the white dove that we are all targeting. I understand her fear, for this is very overwhelming for a newcomer. Maybe I should leave, but really, I don't want to. I feel as if my selflessness is slipping away, being replaced by someone new. But, then I remember Raven. These are the challenges of my every day, my every second. The hardships I go through every moment of this thing we call life is pain only one as strong as I can bear, and live on to just try and ignore the feelings. Ignore the thirst for death, blood... I just have to push it away. I need to strong. Sometimes I just need to drop the Iron Curtain that separates us.

I glance around at the beings that surround the fae. I let my eyes lock with hers. I force myself to play a polite smile on my kissers. She seemed pretty taken aback when I spoke of my new home with the Assassins. But, although the name seems harsh, they are nothing like that. Tonka isn't ruthless, neither is Chemical. I decide to speak up, letting her know that I pose no harm to anyone here tonight, tomorrow, and many nights and days to come. I would never hurt a soul on purpose. For, really it isn't me who does it.

Before I can open my kissers to let my soft voice trail out and fly with the breeze, the white bodice decides to speak up, finally. I once again let my orbs wonder along her bodice. The smile that I forced moments ago, now has become natural./ The way she speaks has a kind tone, she seems soft hearted and caring. When she finishes, a look of embarrassment plays on that pretty face of hers, and I notice the way she is looking at the Stallion that emerged minutes ago, The Wing Leader. Ignoring the frightened look in her eyes, I take a step forward, gesturing that I shall speak first.

" Oh, pretty dove. No worries. You are in the Threshold. Were every Newcomer comes to find their new homes. Or, to possibly become an Outcast, and a join a band. Like the Asylum, Assassins, or the Storm Strike. It's your choice to were you wish to settle. If you do not wish to choose right at this moment, possibly we could show you around!"

I glance at Adalaide when I mention Storm Strike, a large smile played upon my kissers. When I finish my statement, I nod to everyone. Taking a step back, gesturing I am finished speaking.

OOC: All of your tables are gorgeous <3 Oh, and by the way Brisa, I see your having some trouble with tagging.
To Tag:
@[ ]
Filling in the blank with the charrie's name which you wish to tag! (: Make sure to leave no spaces, or else it won't work. Also, it won't work if you spell the charrie's name incorrectly (:
@[Brisa] @[Destrier] @[Adalaide]

Table by Wild.- SarhaharaS1@DA

Adalaide Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: top_zps861bfa6d.png]
if it ain't lightening yet
it's either coming or you're in the eye of it

I was never one to pressure someone into something and I knew just how stressful it could be if one was shrouded by hawks trying to take you home. Of course in this case, it was horses... equines... unicorns, pegasi, whatever else you wished to serve yourself with.

And when a stallion, cloaked in night all over his body, emerged as well, my eyebrow raised and my warm eyes were then directed at him. It was in this moment that I noticed a flying, green creature with him... was that indeed a dragon? Something that I had only heard about? It shocked me, yes, and my head turned sideways as I looked on.

I gave a subtle nod at his own introduction then turned my black head to Harmony. My white speckled body rippled as my muscles shivered with a short spasm and my inky black head was then turned back to Brisa, my blue eyes looking into her own wide and scared ones... even her body language gave off a sense of uneasiness and extreme nervousness.

As Harmony mentioned my own group, a grin grew upon my own maw and with that, I gave off another subtle nod, sky blue irises shifting back to Brisa "A pleasure to meet you, Brisa. You seek a home and friends. You are not the first, nor will you be the last, to pass through here with those same intentions, more or less. And we," I paused and indicated myself, Harmony, and Destrier Will not be the last to pass through here to offer you that or others. Like Harmony said, you are located in the Threshold and within it, many newcomers of Helovia pass through here and creatures like ourselves come to seek them out and offer them a home. To recruit to our own rankings basically.

Destrier offers a solid home located in one spot, never moving. I do not have any experience within the Edge nor about it so I am not one to speak ill of it... nor am I one to speak fondly, either, however. I offer a version of a home, you see. We are outcasts that migrate the world with the seasons, docking in one place accordingly. We go south to escape the cold and go north to escape blazing heat. We have no set place and more or less call the entire world our home. As for the Assassins, I think they also dock in one place?"

I looked to Harmony for a verification on that, my warm and calming voice smoothly halting to permeate the air.

@[Harmony] @[Brisa]

[Image: bottom_zps64cd02f6.png]Images used are posted so many times, I couldn't find credits.

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

we are like birds of a feather
we are two hearts joined together
we will be forever as one
my brother under the sun </style>

Though I hadn't dealt with it myself upon entering these lands, I could only imagine how this pale mare was feeling in the midst of so many strangers while standing on foreign ground. When I had come, I had been stripped of my worries; I had already lost everything dear to me, and I wouldn't have cared if somebody had come charging at me with the intent to exterminate. But I had only been met with kindness during my year in Helovia, and I would assure that this newcomer was treated no differently than I had been.

She introduced herself as Brisa, to which I gave the slightest dip of my head in acknowledgement, of greeting, but my mouth was kept shut as she continued on to explain what had brought her here. Her story was innocent enough, and when she had finished I wasn't blind to the way her eyes lingered upon me before looking away. I doubted that that was all to her story, however, to press for more information would be rude, and it wasn't in my nature to do so anyway. For now, I could only offer my kindness to the mare as well as my guidance, and hopefully, my home.

Harmony was the next to speak, and her voice alone seemed capable of stirring up mixed emotions in the pit of my stomach. Had she been a more staple figure in the Edge, I might have labeled her a traitor, but who was I to judge her for her decision? No, I did not like the group that called themselves Assassins, not in the very least. They had threatened my home once, and I was untrusting towards any who allied themselves with the group. I would have to alert Mirage of the painted mare's official departure of our herd, and perhaps I could find audience with Harmony herself and question her of her decision.

"I may take you up on your offer," I spoke up in response to Harmony, granting her a brief look before my eyes settled back onto Brisa, "But now is not the time."

The spotted one was next to speak, going into much more detail on the options that were present to Brisa than Harmony had. She dared to speak of my own home in the World's Edge, but her view of it was neutral as it ought to be. Then, she went on to describe the migration of outcast groups, an idea that I wasn't entirely sure of. Since a colt I had lived in Vallhea, that small elven village I still so fondly referred to as home, and now I was in the World's Edge. Both were set boundaries of land, and so the idea of traveling somewhere new every season was something I'd never truly experienced.

Now, it was my turn to speak.

"Of course, you do not have to decide immediately, miss Brisa. When I came through here, I was offered a home in the land of the Dragon's Throat, a desert herd, but I declined at the time. I wandered a while to see the lands myself before settling in the World's Edge; perhaps I could show you the lands of Helovia before you make your decision? Aside from our outcasts group," I paused momentarily to glance at the other two present, then back to the pale maiden, "You have the aforementioned herds, as well as the Windtossed Foothills. There is another, the Aurora Basin, but I would advise you out of the north where they reside. They are a nasty bunch from what I have seen." The truth of that could be seen from the gashes marring my shoulders, and I hoped that Brisa would heed my warning. "The benefits of herd life are a much broader band of protection should the need arise, and from the Gods that watch over our lands, some are gifted with magic so that they may better serve the herd. If it is weather you worry about, we have fires to chase the cold away during Frostfall, and though the smell might take some time to get used to, the sea breeze does much to cool the body during Tallsun."

Throwing her head back and dropping from her perch above, Suli took up her old favored spot upon my neck, stretching her neck to peer between my ears at the pale mare as if questioning her what she would decide. Impatient creature she was...

[ooc - Not my best but x.x]

image by blu | table code by tamme

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

It wasn't long after she finished speaking did one of her companions chime in to fill the silence. So far her head was already spinning with all of the information that crowded the forefront of her memory as she attempted to make sense of it all. She had come to this land an outcast without anyone in which to trust not knowing which way to turn, but upon entering this place many options seemed to be thrown at her. Of course by thrown she meant bombarded and caught completely off guard. In a way this thought amused her to some degree considering what she had experienced prior to this. Well at least they all seemed to be friendly, well so far anyway she thought to herself still wary.

It was strange to have others around and just talking normally to each other, for three years she had only heard the threats and demands of her attackers as they... Stopping the thought short she tried to remove herself from the terror and panic that those thoughts provoked instantly. Shivering involuntarily she forced a breath into her lungs again to provide her brain with much needed oxygen it needed to think again clearly. Shaking her head slightly she was finally able to refocus on the three others around her. While Harmony reassured her that she meant no harm to anyone the name assassins still left her with mixed feelings on what they actually did. Sparing a glance over to Harmony she couldn't help but notice some strange emotion or tension between herself and the black stallion. By the way they spoke it was clear they knew each other or of each other, what was she walking into?

Next it was Adalaide who spoke breaking the invisible tension to speak of each of the herds? or lifestyles might be a better choice of words? It was a lot to take in at once but she surprised herself by knowing a lifestyle of travelling might not be for her. Her nerves could not likely deal with the uncertainty of never knowing where they stood or where to call home. Three years of travelling had turned her into an emotional mess as it was with her always fearing what was around the next corner. As it was she nearly had a heart attack whenever anything moved unexpectedly or appeared near her. The idea of residing in one place appealed to her a little more as it may allow her the time she needed to return to her normal self in time. What was normal though? Her happiest memories of her mother had been tainted by the terrible fate that had taken everything away from her leaving her alone and vulnerable. She guessed that she would have to learn much about herself in order to answer that question truthfully or with any degree of accuracy. This is one thing she could not accomplish if her situation remained as fragile as it was. She hated feeling like she was walking on thin ice never knowing when the cold water beneath would consume her entirely.

The other thought that occurred to her was would she even be able to fit in with a herd, would they even want her? Destrier's voice once again broke through her thoughts as her confused blue optics fell upon him as he spoke. His lyrics seemed calm and reassuring to her stressed and fearful mind, he seemed like he was confident in his descriptions of the many possible choices she had to choose from. Her fate rested in making the right decision, what if she made the wrong one? As he spoke she took the chance to glance over his frame which she found to be well built and powerful like most stallions, but the marks upon his shoulders made her curiosity peek. What had happened to him to leave him with these scars? Did he speak from experience rather than theories or stories? So many questions buzzed in her mind but she held her tongue unsure what she was allowed to say or ask. Caught up in her own little world of unanswered thoughts she had forgotten about the little green creature she had glimpsed earlier. So to say that she jumped out of her skin would be an understatement as she suddenly dropped out of the trees above to land on Destrier.

Ears back and to the side she threw her head up in surprise and nearly tripped over her own feet as she stumbled backwards a few steps before she realized what it was that had happened. As the fear dissipated back to its normal level she felt the embarrassment burn hot in her veins ashamed of herself for being the way she was. Dropping her eyes to the ground she could only imagine the impression she was making to the others. Managing to gather the shards of courage she had left her eyes looked up to see Suli staring back at her as if expecting something. She knew little of the creatures known as dragons so it was a little unnerving to be under such scrutiny. Swallowing the mass in her throat which could've been her heart for all she knew, she tried to find words to break the awkward silence she had created. " While the idea of travelling could be interesting, I have to admit I really don't think I would fit in with you all. Not that I'm saying it would be a bad choice or anything..."She said before pausing feeling the need to explain her sentence hoping she was not taken wrongly. Offering Harmony and Adalaide a small smile she tried to redeem herself if at all possible.

" All your offers are very generous but the idea of having somewhere stable to call home seems to appeal a little more to me. That is if I would even be accepted into a herd such as what you describe yours as Destrier." As the words left her lips she felt a little reassurance in her reasoning which hopefully meant that her choice would best suit her right now. Honestly she was not sure how much more of discovering this land she could do at the moment, her energy was limited at the best of times due to lack of rest and all the excitement thus far left her feeling a little drained and on edge. Yet somehow her decision to believe the stallion was the choice she chose, she thought silently. Never before had she felt the ability to believe anything the opposite sex had said to her, yet here she was. Strange how some things turn out in the end but this was only the beginning of a very long road ahead. Maybe she was signing her death wish right here and now but she knew if things continued on their path as before, she might as well dig her own grave.

TAGS: @[Harmony] @[Adalaide] @[Destrier]
WORDS: 1161
NOTES: Thanks for the tagging tips Harmony <3 Hopefully this post makes sense it felt a little off of my normal to me.

Deceased
Wild.
Harmony is just going to leave the thread, I'll start a thread between me and you Brisa (: As we talked in the PM.
It's just getting to crowed and hard for me to keep up with since I'm so busy busy c: