the Rift

[OPEN] Silverflames [BIRTH]

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina
it takes courage to grow up and
become who you really are

One step. One step. More steps. The cub played with her paws in front of me as we walked to the Edge. My head was hanging low and I just felt like I was going to faint at any time.
Dezba turned her head to me and saw that I wasn't feeling well, immediately going back to me and stroke around my legs. She gave a little squeaky roar and I looked down on her, looking into her light eyes.
"I'm fine, Dezba. I'm just tired..." That was my excuse but I didn't stop. I told her it was a lie - not with words, but with my bodylanguage.
I was worn out by this pregnancy, tired and just... Timeworn.
The walk from the Deep Forest was long, but we managed it just fine. At least my companion did.

As we came closer to the well-known forest that lied by the borders, I raised my head with hope in my eyes. The jaguar meowed and looked at me. It bothered me that I couldn't understand her like she understood me, but hopefully that would change soon. Tired, I went into the forest. Not very far in though, because I collapsed before I managed to. My legs couldn't hold me up anymore.
I lied down more comfortably and breathed heavily, my sides heaving fast. Oh fuck... Already?
The lights in the trees shone with warmth around us, and gave me the chance to see that Dezba was terrified. She sat by my head, nudging me with her tiny nose. I neighed quietly and nudged her back, careful not to tip her over.
I felt the pressure in my womb begin and closed my eyes. Not this pain again. I hated this pain. I hated it so much. Dezba somehow understood that I was in labour and sat nicely by my muzzle, waiting. Just waiting for it to be over.
It felt like we were there for hours. The pain just got worse and soon I couldn't keep in my screams anymore. A loud, heartbreaking scream was let out and I snorted, trying to hold the pressure a bit so that it wouldn't hurt as much.

Wouldn't it be easier the second time? It didn't seem like it, because it hurt like fuck just like last time. I closed my eyes and Dezba moved away a little, up to my ears, mostly because she didn't want to hurt her ears when I screamed...
"AAAAZZARON!"
I continued to snort and moved away my tail from my hind, getting ready to let the foal come out. But it took longer than I had expected.
"Foal, GET OUT OF MY WOMB! Goddammit!" I said, glancing at my hind. Oh fuck, it hurt.
It hurt so much.
Right now I didn't care who showed up, just someone could come and fucking help me. The foal didn't come out.

"Talking."

ooc: Hehe ;3
tags: @[Azzaron] Open to any of the Edge
word count: 482
image credits || made by Sei
[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c:

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Someone is bound to come when you scream so loud. The sound acts like a beacon, telling of only one thing to anyone who is listening: trouble is afoot.

To your own kind perhaps that means hurry to provide assistance, but to the hungry kind, well they're more than happy to assist, their stomachs. Your enthusiasm may be significantly less in that scenario though. In this scenario.

What the sound first brought the scent of birth only urges forward faster. On wings they come, dazzling through the lantern trees with flashes of blue, green, and brown. There is a perceptible excitement to them as they chatter and chirp to one another, drifting in and out of each other's air space, leather folds of skin just brushing each other as they dance in the sky. They are anxious for the hunt.

Prey has been hard to come by with such a hard winter. No light, no warmth, no plants, no food. Though the world has begun to return to normal, the effects still exist like a ripple in a pond. The stone may have sunk, but the surface still roils. The ripples within them have caused hunger, and with that, desperation. It had made them bold and with that their attention has shifted from small rabbits and mice to anything that is suffering and made of meat. This trio flies together, and for that, they have survived together. They have become an efficient unit and it has enabled them to take down animals larger than themselves.

They have arrived.

As large as an Andean Condor, but cloaked in flesh and scales not feathers, these creatures resemble the dragons so many have bonded to. They are related kin, Drakes. Lacking any magical breath they make up for it with stronger jaws and plated faces, making their bite a devastating event and their ability to withstand damage increased. They are colored in whole hues, vibrant for their mating displays, but not of great assistance in hiding. However with the darkened skies and mist their are hard to find still and their sense of smell far exceeds that of their prey - the horse.

The zip past the birthing mare, each glancing down to assess her. The mist tumbles in their wake, like clouds that eddy behind jets.
Silence ensues, unnaturally so as the forest has grown exceedingly hushed.

The world is holding its breath. It watches, and waits for the circle of life unfold.

The drakes erupt from three different sides
The red one leads in first, coming from behind Delinne and unleashing a loud screech to attract her attention. It swerves on leather wings though, darting just over the jaguar's head and will continue to fly in fast, low passes to harass the cat, perhaps snapping its hide into red ribbons with its talons as it does so.
The brown one comes from the opposing side, towards Delinne's head, and aims to land there on her face, claws and jaws intent on taking out her eyes. It too screams murder, vying for the attention of the mare.
The green one sneaks in from the side and above, plummeting down to try and settle on Delinne's side heavily. There it intends to grip tightly with its talons and lean over to rip into her soft belly with its pointed snout and jagged jaws.

They'll have a feast tonight.

Azzaron Posts: 85
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17 hh :: 10 years Buff: NOVICE
Dark
Catch your dreams before they slip away
We hung around the Edge, desperately waiting for a soul to welcome us. With our child's day of birth on the horizon, we needed a place for them to live life in the safety of a herd. With Dezba at her side, I allowed Delinne to mill off, touching her shoulder gently. "I'll be right back, love. I just want to make sure there's no one over there. Call me if you need anything, I'll only be a stride away." I parted our flesh, swinging around and heading in the opposing direction.

I glanced back once or twice, a little nervous as I watched Delinne's rump disappear in the mist. I turned back, quickening my pace. I strode with grace, weaving through the trees. I nickered, hoping there would be a response. I waited in silence for a few moments, fiery eyes sweeping over the misty forest. All was silent, until.

"AAAAZZARON!"

I jumped, startled by her scream. I knew that it was Delinne, but her once melodic tone had turned into a screech. I raced through the trees, desperately searching for Delinne. I saw a large black mound through the mist, its outline faint. But I knew it was Delinne, there was no doubt. I swore under my breath, desperate to reach her.

I skidded to a halt, finally her body came into view. She was on her side, gasping and panting. I frowned, reaching her side. She had wailed before I had reached her, but I hadn't caught what she had said. She was probably screaming at the foal, begging it to come out. I touched my nose to her sweaty side, speaking in a stern tone. "Just push darling, it'll all be over in a minute." But minutes passed, and there was no progression. "Delinne, are you pushing?" I asked her, checking for any sign of the foal. It was then I heard the beating of wings.

In desperation, I wished that it was one of the Edge members, here to help us. But much to my dismay, it was strange, dragon-like creatures. They were almost like vultures, but with scales to replace their feathers. I watched as they began to swoop down, probably hoping to nab at our foal, or Dezba. Snorting, I let out a roar. Why did everything have to go wrong for us?! I reared up, swinging my hooves and snapping my jaws at any of the birds that flew near. "Don't worry love, just keep pushing. Don't pay attention to them, just push." I glanced at Delinne before shooting upwards, meeting the bird things in the sky. I snapped at them, struggling to bite one. I swooped down, landing briefly to look at Delinne, making sure she was alright before. swinging back up into the sky. I charged, trying to slap and bite and kick whatever I could.

"Azzaron being pissed off."

ooc: @[Delinne]
word count: 478
Credits
"When you grow old, you will die and rot on the ground,
Other horses will dance when you all crumble, when your kingdom falls.
When your crowns break."

Circuta Posts: 100
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 7 Buff: NOVICE
Rhawon :: Siberian Tiger :: None aeolle

CIRCUTA
</style>

my blood is singing with your voice
i want to pour it out

the dark creation moved as ash, falling gently to a burnt earth, across the lush forest covered in heavenly clouds that had grown tired of their
correct rank's in the forever night sky, had fell to the earth and shimmered as cold starlight, ice prickles in the expanse of heaven's oceans.
condensation gathered on her apparel, slid down her elegant frame and dripped on the grasses, creating dew, and her breath created new
clouds in the air. she was strolling, aimlessly, at peace with the world, disregarding her locations in all.
she needed to speak alone with the wind. to hear it's voice, but the wind was silent, and a twist of her gut told her
something was very wrong in this murderess fog.

or maybe, the lady decided, this was just the sound of the echoing
scream in her lobes, and her harks flicked wildly; her orbs flashing in the
cool air.
all was still. serenity.

but everything was wrong, too.

why should the dark lady care? it was not her business, and yet a tugging of her soul
and a breath of the wind pushed her forward on long strides, her hind leg propels
her bodice forwards, and she breathes deep as the other three pillars move forwards,
a catch on her left rear and right front legs, her left hind still pressed into the soil,
then another quick catch on her left front as the diagonal pair remains in firm
contact with the earth.
and it is as this that she moves forwards, at a canter, through the treacherous mists,
towards the source of the screams.

she wheels to the right to stop as the visions come blurrily into her impaired vision due to the fogs,
these are creatures which she has never seen before, with the wings of bats and the
faces of rocky lizards. what are these mythical beasts, the lady wonders?
she sees them swoop down in intelligent pairs,
and a sinking of the stomach follows. intelligence is never good, intelligence
is bad for a fight.
why couldn't the stupid looking beasts just be
idiots? why couldn't they have the brains of lizards?

she observes the mare, for what reason does she have to risk
her life for this mistress?
but the fog clears, if a bit,
and she notices.

the mistress is with child.
the mistress' breath is labored, her breathing is shudders
and her apparel coated with sweat.
the mistress is giving birth.

her breath catches in her throat.
in an instant her neck stretches,
her harks pin and hide in her silky mane,
and her orbs slide to slits.
what sick monsters of the night would
attack one that is giving birth to her child? to her
kine? flesh, and blood,
that which she has slaved over for months,
to strike at them whilst they were in labor? it burns her with a hatred, and as she stands to think, a winged brute comes into the picture. the she stiffens with tension at first, her stomach knots again, and it is then she realizes this must be the father of the child not yet born. her body relaxes, before her muscles tense again in preparation for battle.
her wicked lyrics fell into the as she spoke softly from the mists.
"fear not, leto, hera's wraith will not befall you today."

her ivories bared,
she slinks from the shadows,
lowering her dome in a aggressive fashion,
so that the weaponry that adorns her in purple and black
gleams it's sharp pointed tip, and she judges what to do in the heat
of the moment. she makes her choice.
she aims her dagger at the green,
propelling herself forwards with her hindquarters,
and she swings her weaponry in an vicious upward arc near the right of the creature's bodice, in a hopeful
attempt that she will snag it under a fragile wing or, if her attack missed, at least force the cursed creature from the soon to be mother's belly. if the creature's blinded her, her foal may still survive, but if her flesh was torn at the belly, she knew the child was likely to die whilst still in the womb.
she would not die today.

..at least, not if the dark one had anything to say about it.

[WC: 719
0/0 no magic or companion uses

attempts to use her horn to slide it's curved shape under the right wing of the green dragon, before ripping upwards violently, and hopefully damaging it's wing in the process. if this doesn't succeed she hopes the aggressive action will at least scare the dragon away from delinne's side and belly.]

@[Azzaron] @[Delinne]

Hidden Falls Curiosus II

Okay... WHAT THE HECK WAS GOING ON?! I felt the adrenaline pump through my veins as I saw Azzaron come up to me, his presence calmed me and I tried to concentrate. I pushed, and pushed, and pushed... But why didn't the foal come out?!
I looked up, wondering why Azzaron had flown away again, but I didn't have to ask him. Three huge drakes flew around me, trying to grasp both me and my black cub.
Stressed and terrified, I try to get up while pushing, but the foal kept me down. I tried again, using all of my muscles and energy to stand up - and fucking succeeded. I would've celebrated if my life and the life of my foal wasn't on the edge.

I only took a few steps before I fell down on my knees again. Dezba was terrified as well in front of me, I could see it in her eyes.
"Be brave, my desired." I whispered, kissing her little nose gently before I lied down on my side again. Come on now, foal, OUT.
'Push, push, push, push...' It felt like my head was going to explode when I finally felt something. The foal was coming out!
The screams of the drakes reminded me of their presence though and panic grabbed me. What if they got a grip on my foal halfway out?!

A female voice took my attention and I turned my head as much as I could, trying to see her. It was a black mare, a unicorn, and she fought against the drakes. Who was she?
"Thank you, stranger..." I whispered, tears filling my blue eyes as I spoke. The helping hoof was useful because now I could fully concentrate on giving birth. Dezba stod by my head, her paw resting on my nosebridge and her electric eyes full of wisdom. She knew that I was in a dangerous position, and if I hadn't understood better, I would've thought she apologized for being a little cub.
"It's okay, Dezba.. I still love you with all of my soul." My soul belonged to Dezba as well as my heart belonged to my foals and Azzaron. Pain gave me a punch of reality right in my womb, and I screamed.
"Ooooooout NOW!" As I screamed, I felt the foal come out a little bit more. I rose my head and looked at my hind.
Legs.
More than that was impossible for me to see, but I still understood that I needed help to birth. I couldn't do this alone and the presence of the dragons kept me under big stress.
What was I going to do?

"Talking."

ooc: This thread is the most exciting thread I'ver ever had o.o
tags: @[Azzaron] @[Circuta]
word count: 444
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Another horse comes barreling from the brush unexpectedly, sending the red into the skies and the green and brown not long after. The circled above, trying to reasses. The stallion would be a problem as he was large and healthy, but this meal was too good to pass up. Although attacking the birthing mare seemed not to work as no blood was drawn, perhaps her skin was made of diamonds? It certainly seemed tougher than their own to receive no damage from their teeth and talons.

Perhaps the jaguar cub would be a more suitable target then. They had mostly tried to drive it away before, thinking it another predator come to take the meal - although it hadn't been hunting the mare, seemingly just waiting for her to die like a lazy scavenger. Still, the cub was stubborn and had stayed, likely as hungry as they for flesh. It was the only reason they'd consider taking down the cub, as his taste and size were not appealing, and his risk greater with his own set of claws and fangs.

The trio circled around and set back down to diving towards the cub. The red and brown aimed to strike with talons at its face, ideally clawing out its senses and forcing it to flee so they could pursue away from the healthy horse. The green however, broke away from the pack, intent on having the delicious taste of herbivore meat instead.

That's when the other horse came onto scene, surging forward and jousting with her horned head towards the green. The tip caught and tore the inside of the green's left wing and the heft of the jerking head easily tossed the drake to the side. It flew with a squeal which alerted the red and brown to the newest threat. They hurriedly tried to grab and lift the cub, but soon enough abandoned that with a furious hiss as the stallion went airborne himself.

The duo vanished into the mist, grabbing the green as they went, though likely the wounded drake would not survive the time to heal.

This meal proved more costly than they had wanted, and with that they left.

Deceased
Dark
I didn't hit any of the creatures, mainly because my attacks were so off. I was panicking, my second child close to taking its first breath. I was on edge, excitement and fear swirling in a mess of emotion in my breast, a tangled, gnarled knot that was slowly undoing itself but somehow creating a bigger mess. I soared through the skies, watching as a dark mare strode in, attacking a few of the creatures. My brows narrowed as I focused on the mare, watching her charge. I frowned, watching as the dragon-like tried to sweep away Dezba, and just as I swooped in to stop them, they gave up and flew away, battered because of the mare.

I landed, rushing to Delinne. I stooped down, touching her cheek. "It's all okay now love, just push, please. Not much farther now." I whispered to her, my words gentle. I turned back to the dark mare, the savior. Bowing my head in thanks, I raised it, a smile on my lips. "Thank you, thank you so much." I paused, glancing at Delinne. "I will be forever grateful." I turned away from the mare, looking at my mate. I felt useless, powerless to do anything as Delinne pushed and wailed. I waited anxiously for our new child, whose legs were black as night.

I stood, the mist swirling around me. I bent my neck, pressing my nose against Delinne's cheek, desperately hoping the child would come soon. Destry's birth had been brief, and there had been no problems. This child's birth on the other hand was far longer than it should be. Worry struck me as a sharp arrow to the chest, and fear came streaming behind it. I constantly moved my hooves, as though trapped in a box with no where to go.

ooc: Kind of lost my muse D:
word count: 302
Credits
When your crowns break."

Hidden Account

CIRCUTA
</style>

i want to pour it out

The dark mare, Leto, as she deemed her, recognized her existence with thanks. It is a odd feeling that gathers in her
chest, was this a feeling of doing good? It is.. a illogical, strange emotion, and she wants to cast it aside, but it gathers in her
throat and makes it hard to speak. She is unsure if anyone has.. thanked her, before. For anything.

As long as Circuta can remember, she was cast away, thrown as a child's toy and broken on the soil.
They cursed her, they deemed her the witch, if a child took ill in their land, they would
come to her, the witch child, and drive her and her father farther into the lands. They would not rid of them,
but she knew this was only because of her father, not of her, and if they could, she knew she would
have been cast out into the wilderness before she had a chance to live. She was the monster that lurked in the nights.
And she would have died.

Perhaps that is why she feels so strongly that she must protect this mare and her child,
she must make sure that her child is born safe, she must make sure..
She feels her weaponry slice through fragile skin, stretched along the wing of the flying lizard,
hear's it squeal as it slides free, torn from it's hold on the wretched
beast as it flies into the mists. It is not long after that it's companions whirl into
the mists, the winged brute chasing them away.
It's almost sickening that the pure bred would have her child with a
bird, but she keeps her thoughts to herself, her orbs
telling no tales. It is not the child's fault, if it was born from a feathered
brain and a high elf.

Leto screams and wails, and Circuta remains on alert,
her harks raised, although they are urged to slam down at the noise
into her mane. The beasts were gone, but if
they were to return, she would protect Leto once again from Hera.
And so, if this is Leto, then must her mate be Zeus? The king of the skies,
or is he Helios, the Sun? If his fiery personality is to be expected, he is.
Helios and Leto, a forbidden love, cursed.
A strange twist to the myth, she muses.

Helios thanks her, gratitude spills as water from his maw,
and she feels another surge of.. warmth?
Again, she forces the emotion down, as best to her efforts,
though it remains in her throat. She can merely force a nod,
afraid if she speaks, her voice will crack.
The dark one does not do these warm, fuzzy feelings.
It is not in her nature.

It is as if you were a goose one morning, and wake up to find you are next a swan.

She notes the legs that appear from Leto, and how she strains
to force her birth. It makes her feel uncomfortable.
She has witnessed births in her own herd,
before her mother died. Before you killed her.

But it is all she can do to force herself not to wince at what she is sure
Leto must be going through. She has saved her from the drakes,
but she cannot save her from childbirth. The mare must do this
on her own.

With elegance she moves forth, tentative, she doesn't
want to risk startling either. She knows she has just helped them,
but this must surely be a stressful time. They are already under pressure.
She circles behind the mare's head, gently whispering soft
comforts as she observes the event. Her lyrics are a tad bit rusty at the
edges when she first begins to speak, and she clears her throat,
for it still has not ridden itself of her emotions. She swallows the rock down.
She mustn't stress Leto further.
"Do not worry yourself further, Leto. You are safe from the drakes that hunt you."

She attempts to remember what the equines gathered around the
birthing mare's in her old family used to say, but as the beginnings of when she
first spoke, her memory is rusty.
"Breathe deep, Leto. Push the child from your womb. Breathe deep, again. Repeat. Focus on nothing else."
It is not the best of advice.
But she cannot remember much else.
She hopes it is enough.

@[Azzaron] @[Delinne]

Hidden Falls Curiosus II

Scratched. Torn by claws. The black jaguar cub roared as loud as she could when the drakes attacked her. They managed to scratch her face, leaving thin wounds around her eyes and on the bridge of her nose.
She roared in pain, crying out to her mother who laid next to her. I was well aware of my cub, my companion, but I was going through extreme pains as well. I let out a loud call when the drakes tried to grab my cub, but sighed in relief when they stopped and flew away out of our sight again.
Finally.
The danger was gone.
Dezba meowed and complained, crying by my head. I tried to hush her, soothe her mind with calm words.
"Shhhh... It's okay, Dezba, you will be fine. It will heal soon." I carefully licked her wounds and she meowed at me, still complaining. But she understood that I was trying to help. I cleaned the thin wounds on her face before I winced in pain myself.
The foal was trying to come out.
Suddenly I felt something touch my cheek and I almost stopped to breathe before I saw that it was my lover. I sighed once again in relief and tried to do as he said.
Push.

It was harder than he must've thought. This foal was bigger than Destry, but eventually I felt something more come out. Dezba stopped complaining and took a few steps up, to rest her jaw on my horn.
Mists surrounded us mysteriously and cooled my sweaty bodice as I continued to push. This foal was big. And I meant it.
Suddenly I heard hooves beating the ground and I tensed up, only to notice that it was the dark mare who had helped us.
"Do not worry yourself further, Leto. You are safe from the drakes that hunt you." Leto? Who was Leto? As she continued to call me so, I guessed that she thought it was my name.
She could think so a while longer.
"Breathe deep, Leto. Push the child from your womb. Breathe deep, again. Repeat. Focus on nothing else." I did as she said, and soon I felt something slip out of me. The foal! It was out! Ignoring my complaining body, I moved so that I lied down with my head up high and I looked at my hind.
Oh my.

First of all, it was a colt. The lamp trees helped me see my child better, and I moved my head a little closer. The colt, my rump and legs and tail as well as the ground was covered in blood and my private parts hurt like hell, but I didn't care. My foal was out.
His body was covered in a golden hue with almost black legs, almost like a buckskin except for the fact that his muzzle was as golden as his tiny body. The colt's hair was as dark as his legs, but tipped in dark red as if it was dried blood.
He moved - thank my Gods - and raised his head, only to look straight into my eyes and snort out the goo in his nostrils.
Oh...

I observed his dual colored eyes, curious how the genes worked within this baby of mine. His right eye was purely blue - like my eyes - but with no visible pupil. And his left eye was ruby red like Azzaron's and had a normally-shaped black pupil like most. Upon his forehead was a little bump that immediately told me that this was a unicorn colt.
But the most outstanding thing about my baby was the markings upon his golden body. He bore white flames on his left shoulder and what seemed like his right thigh as well. I sighed happily, and gazed upon my colt. He was muscular - even though he was just a newborn - and had a buff strong body with long legs.
He looked just like a Friesian, except for his legs maybe that were too long and too thin for one of my breed. They seemed strong, but they were still too slim.

"Welcome to our world, Azarel." I whispered, just loud enough for the ones surrounding me to hear. Azarel tilted his head and looked at me, both of his ears curiously pointed forwards. The golden colt with white markings stood up on unsteady legs, and soon fell over before even taking a step.
He didn't let that stop him though, because he tried several times and on his fourth try, he succeded.
Azarel walked to my - still - big belly and nudged me carefully. I nudged his little beautiful head and he nudged back, snorting playfully.
I smiled at my newborn and directed him to my mammary glands, still laying down, and Azarel started to drink. A sigh left my lips and I laid down on my side again, allowing my foal to access the milk better.
Dezba purred next to me, licking my nosebridge warmly. I looked up on Azzaron, smiling widely.
"I named him after you," I said, smiling as I closed my eyes to rest.
I sure needed it after this.

"Talking."

ooc: Damn... Well, Azarel is born! :D @[Azzaron] @[Circuta]
word count: 863
Remember?

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
What was it about the Edge that seemed to draw chaos to its borders? Outcasts seemed intent on stopping by and giving birth, others seemed intent on invading and attempting (and failing) to take over. Others still seemed to think that breaking down and crying would gain them entry. It was not just hooved creatures this evening, but winged ones too. The drakes caused a stir that Akaith detected almost immediately, and in doing so, alerted her bonded. Almost immediately she felt the pull of her magic tug upon her, consume her, she felt herself change. The pain wore off swiftly, and the next time she blinked, it was through eyes that saw the world differently. Spreading her wings, she easily pushed herself into the sky, following in the wake of the smaller golden Akaith.

As the little queen arrived, she furiously told all the lesser drakes her position, and was pleased when they dispersed. The little dragon soon disappeared too, and hid in the trees nearby. She was able to give her bonded a view of what was happening from her perch, and Mirage was confused - where were the guards, the protection of the lands. Why were three - no, four - outcasts standing around her lands, giving birth?

A dragon's call echoed across the skies above, and it came from a dragon much larger and more real than the ones who had just fled the scene before. Her golden scales were muted in the moonlight, but still she cast a shadow as her frame passed overhead. Nearby, she landed, and immediately made to approach those who would trespass. A low growl rumbled in her throat, as the DragonHeart drew herself to her full height - an intimidating feat once the elongation of her neck stretched out high and tall. Wings were folded down by her side, though they shuffled, as if to demonstrate that they could very well be used as weapons if need be. Her tail lashed at the undergrowth beneath, as her eyes, deep pools of molten gold, pierced the darkness to behold all those who stood before her.

"What is the meaning of this?" The voice that came from the maw of the dragon was demanding, and yet, almost sympathetic to the cause of the new mother. Her talons kneaded the soil below, as she considered each of those present with a heavy stare.

dragon - bg
table

Deceased
Dark
When I thought all was fine, all was normal, when I thought my love could finally rest, I was wrong. Of course, I didn't see the mare approaching, I was too busy bumbling over my new child, a little colt. He was the color of golden honey, his eyes a strange dual twist. An ocean of blue, like Delinne's, and a sea of red with a swirling pit of black. A bump on his brow signified his species, and that he would one day yield a powerful weapon. He looked muscular, despite being so young, and he had long, lanky legs that were the shade of night. His hair was of the finest black, divinely dipped in a bloodied red. I smiled, listening as Delinne welcomed the little one, calling him Azarel. I smiled, tilting my head towards her. "A beautiful name, my love." My words were a fluent, soft honey, my heart beaming as I stood, towering over my newest offspring. I admired the white flames upon the boy's shoulder as they glowed in the light of the moon.

And then, she came.

A dragoness, towering far above us. Her body was also draped in a shining gold, her scales shimmering under the night sky. I craned my neck, trying to show no fear. There had been a few dragons back in my homeland, ones much larger than even her. They could easily tower over the tops of mountains, and cause earthquakes when the walked, burn entire lands when they spat their ferocious fires. This dragoness, in a thundering tone, boomed down at us, clearly not pleased with this little scene. I glanced at Delinne and Azarel before speaking to the she-dragon. "Well, we were going to seek a home within the Edge, but Delinne, my mate, she went into labor. And those fiends, they attacked. This other mare, she helped fight off the creatures. I apologize for any trouble we may have caused." I bowed my head apologetically, raising it, hope in my eyes.

I worried deep inside, I worried this dragon may decide to take a nice chunk out of me or Delinne, or Azarel. I briefly glanced down at the talons of the beast, watching as the knead, (more like tore) the soil. I kept my ground, hiding my fear behind a thick gold veil. I glanced back at Delinne and Azarel once again before letting my red pools drag to the mare who fought off the beings of darkness.

ooc: :3
word count: 414
Credits
When your crowns break."

Hidden Account

CIRCUTA
</style>

i want to pour it out

Blood. The dark one did not oppose it. She adored Death as one may a lover, she felt drawn towards its mystery and beckoned to do it's work.
But this was not blood drawn for death, this was blood drawn for life, and it littered the ground near her dainty hooves. She almost grimaced. The foal that came forth from the mare was large, larger then the foals she had seen birthed back at home, with delicate bodices and sleek appearances. Then again, she had been drawn away before the foal was actually fully birthed into the world, and she had not seen many births, as again, she wrote across her mental pages.

She did not grow too close to the foal, again, her job was done here, and she would leave soon. But she felt a lingering wish to make sure the
newborn and her mother remained safe. The stallion she was not so concerned about, he could take care of himself.
With glee, however, she saw that the foal had the bump on the forehead of a unicorn. A pure beast, she mused,
with unpure lines. Ah, well. It was at least horned.
It was lovely, too, she supposed, for a foal. It was golden, it's pillars fading into black.
It was flame kissed, for it's apparel held markings, white fire.
This was Apollo, birthed from Leto and Zeus.
She hesitated as the mare's windows closed with exhaustion.
The night lady needed to leave.

And then came the Golden Queen, a beast of a dragon that made her spine shiver.
A fearful respect was surely to be expected. Her hues were of the precious material, not so unlike
the child, her voice cried mighty above the lands as if she owned the roots of the forest
themselves. Her scales caught the dim light of the moon and reflected it outwards,
large gems that adorned her apparel.
The golden queen landed, by far the largest drake she had seen.

Molten lava gazed at them, intelligent orbs that held much more then the drakes she had just seen.
Her voice was powerful, a rumble.
Was her voice sympathetic?

She seemed to realize it was her turn to speak, as the brute finished his lines.

The dark one bowed her head in acknowledgment of the golden queen,
but raised her indigo orbs, and gazed with a firm, respectful stare into the
molten cores.
She could feel Zeus' eyes upon her, but she did not allow her
smooth tones to falter as they fell from her maw.

"Golden Queen, I mean no harm in my appearances. I am fairly new to these lands and was merely wandering in hopes of solitude, with no offence meant.
I enjoy the silent company of the wind, as I am sure you can understand.
"
She paused, allowing her words to hum softly as she gazed back towards the small newborn.
"I was to leave soon, but I heard the distress of Leto, and came to investigate her cries. I found her being attacked by drakes who wished
to tear the life of the child from her womb. In response, I defended her misfortune and helped drive the drakes off. I stayed in case I was needed further..
"
A trail off of words, she didn't wish to speak so much at one time. It made her throat feel odd, she liked to speak but a few lyrics per request.

"I seek not to bother you, but simply to ensure safety of the child and her mother during a fragile time. I will take my leave quite soon, for I believe most of my purpose is done here."
But what she didn't mention is that she did not know this Goddess and was still concerned for the safety of the family here. They wished to join Edge?
She would most hopefully be able to stay long enough to ensure they would be in the company of a full family.

@[Azzaron] @[Delinne] @[Mirage]

Hidden Falls Curiosus II

My rest did not last long. Azarel had finished his meal and he nudged my cheek, wanting me to wake up. Dezba laid her paw on my nosebridge several times and pushed me a little, her wish was the same as my son's. Why couldn't they just let me slee-
The sound of wings made me open my eyes wide and I quickly got myself into a more comfortable lying position. Azarel stumbled a little, startled by my sudden wakeup, but he soon lied down next to me and cuddled my warm body. Dezba crawled in between my front legs and looked up at the dragoness who came closer to us.
I gazed up at the night sky myself and my eyes widened even more. It was a golden dragon. Bigger than the drakes that had just left. My companion pushed her small body closer to mine and so did my colt. They were afraid.

"What is the meaning of this?"

The dragon's voice was strong, but a hint of sympathy hid in her words and made me curious.
I hushed my little ones quietly and watched the dragoness with worry in my blue pools. Azzaron spoke to the dragon and I concentrated on him. May him not say something wrong... "Well, we were going to seek a home within the Edge, but Delinne, my mate, she went into labor. And those fiends, they attacked. This other mare, she helped fight off the creatures. I apologize for any trouble we may have caused." Thank god. He was polite.
Sometimes I actually feared my mate's passionate and fiery personality, mostly because of the past with the Basin. But that was something I couldn't blame on him. It was their fault.
I glanced at the black unicorn who stood not far away from us and listened to her as well.
"Golden Queen, I mean no harm in my appearances. I am fairly new to these lands and was merely wandering in hopes of solitude, with no offence meant.
I enjoy the silent company of the wind, as I am sure you can understand. I was to leave soon, but I heard the distress of Leto, and came to investigate her cries. I found her being attacked by drakes who wished
to tear the life of the child from her womb. In response, I defended her misfortune and helped drive the drakes off. I stayed in case I was needed further.."
I saw how she glanced at my baby as she spoke, and whipped my tail around my little colt. Mine.
She still spoke of me as Leto, a name that I had never heard ever before in my life. Why did she call me that?

The mare continued to speak and I pointed my ears towards her, listening curiously. "I seek not to bother you, but simply to ensure safety of the child and her mother during a fragile time. I will take my leave quite soon, for I believe most of my purpose is done here."
How come she cared for me and my colt so much? She didn't even know my real name, or more correctly, refused to take in that my name was Delinne.
I looked at my mate and sighed before I let my gaze turn to the dragoness. She was beautiful, really. Her golden scales shimmered in the moonlight and I saw a black tattoo on the side of her neck. She had a respect-giving body and I noticed immediately that she was way larger than the drakes. I cleared my throat and looked up, careful not to look her straight in her eyes.
"My mate has already said what happened, lady Dragon. This is Azzaron, and as he said, my name is Delinne. We've come to seek a home within your borders, but this little guy..." My eyes turned to Azarel who lied by my side, curiously looking at the big dragoness.
"... decided to come out, so it got a little interrupted. I'm so very sorry for the trouble we caused, my lady." I decided that it was the best to be polite to this dragon, as she seemed like a highly important figure in the World's Edge now.

I shut up about my past with the Edge, as I thought this dragon may know something about it. After all, she had come from within the Edge, so she must belong here somehow.
"I can assure you, lady dragon, that we can both be useful. My two foals as well. Unfortunaly, my daughter isn't here yet, but me and my mate will go and get her soon. That if you or someone else will let us stay..." I stopped talking there because it was time to let it all sink in for the dragoness.
Oh Goddess, I hoped she would let us stay.

"Talking."

ooc: Where is this muse coming from?! o.o And I don't tag Azz & Mirage because @[Circuta] has already tagged <3
word count: 807
Remember?

Time passed, fleeting seconds, moments, minutes, and soon, the explanations followed. The DragonHeart used the time to observe, to learn, to remember. Where had she seen this lightning struck mistress before? Akaith warbled from her position in the trees several strides back, utilising her view as well. Births were to be celebrated, and she was pleased to see a new strong life be welcomed into the world. As the story unfolded - the outcasts, a small family of their own, were in need of a home - Mirage blinked, a sharp click which covered the deep golden pools of her eyes for a shuddering moment. And yet, there was another, a strange mare, who claimed to offer no harm, but did not seek a home? The WeyrLeader considered them all carefully, quietly, seriously. Where did she know them?

Then it clicked. Azzaron. That name. Was that not the same steed who had attempted to thwart Kri off her throne? Mirage's heavy stare narrowed upon him, peering deeply into his own pools, as if she could slice straight through him and see what he was made of. Did he intend on attempting to wrest everything she had built up here from her clutches as well? "You are banished from the Throat, and the Edge will not consider your application until you are able to regain approval from Kri herself." The words she spoke were delivered with a steady finality. "You may tell her that Mirage DragonHeart set you the task." She added, by way of introducing herself.

Her gaze shifted to the dark and white striped mare, then, recognition finally settling within her membrane. "You.." she began, leaning her tiara closer to the fallen mare as she spoke. "I faced you when I took this land for myself. I offered sanctuary for those willing to follow my lead then, but you did not take it. Why now, do you seek it?" Was she being too harsh? Surely, if their home had just been invaded by not one, but two herds, they too would be on edge, paranoid, and unwilling to let any but the finest through their gates, to welcome only those deserving into their homes. Did she take pleasure in denying them entry? No, for she could see that they were in need. And she hadn't denied them entry, not completely - she merely wanted them to prove themselves worthy, before allowing them into her family, her home, beneath the protective shield of her wings, her flames, her devotion.

"Thank you, for your attendance, Dark Wanderer." The dragonmare spoke to the Outcast who lingered now. "As you have offered the Edge no harm, you shall receive none from us in return." A small tilt of her crown in acknowledgement, and the WeyrLeader expected the unicorn to leave soon enough, just as she promised to do. Akaith would be sure to keep a linering eye on her regardless, to ensure the safety of their home.

dragon - bg
table

Deceased
Dark
And suddenly, I was reminded of my stupidity.

I had been so ignorant and stupid in times long ago, and I had proved it to the whole Throat by challenging Kri for leadership. She was a powerful mare, one who needed to lead the Throat. I was stupid, challenging the strong fem for her position. Back then my eyes had been clouded with an ignorance and greed, my head eager to feel a crown upon it. But I had failed, Kri having beat me. I was ashamed to speak of it now, and facing Kri again would probably not end well. A frown pressed against my lips, fiery eyes gazing at the golden dragon. "So I must gain Kri's trust in order for you to open your gates?" I asked. This would not be a simple task, regaining Kri's trust. The ivory maned was stubborn as a mule, which she had proved time and time again.

I listened to Mirage as she addressed Delinne, telling her she had been at the invasion of the Quian and the former Edge. I just looked at Delinne, waiting for her to respond. In my heart, I hoped that Delinne's words could convince the DragonHeart to let her into the herd. When I went to the Dragon's Throat, I needed someone to look after Delinne and Azarel while I was gone. I kept my mouth closed, for I had nothing to say. Mirage then turned to the dark mare, who was still standing there. She told her the Edge would not harm her, for she had not harmed them. I stood in silence, my fiery eyes having settled on the giant golden lizard.

ooc: muse is fading D':
word count: 279
Credits
When your crowns break."

Hidden Account

the dark lady watches the protective mother lash her tail around her childe in protection,
she wonders at her meanings and notes suspicion in the new mother's orbs.
is it reasonable to assume, she thinks with a small amount of bitter
tang in her maw. she is to be afraid of.
a curse that none of the main herd lands wished to take in. and she does not
blame them. because she would bring but doom to their sacred grounds.
but she does have a home, she reminds herself, the white general
offered her a home, and she is going to do all she can
to make sure it does not befall the same fate as the herd lands would.
she will not see it littered unto the ground as ash and soot.

she remember's when she was not many moons
older then little apollo, she remembers the slicing of her
mother's flesh, the warm blood that spatters her maw
with sin, she remember's fear and horror
and she remembers being alone. dreadfully alone as she
looks at the shocked, empty orbs of that
which she was birthed to.

the demon's had forced her to the act. it was the one
death she may- somewhere- deep down, regret. it is
the one death she feels is.. off.

her sharp orbs trail to the golden goddess again as she
introduces herself, dragonheart, yes, she can see this, dragonheart.
a mirage. of what, however?

they spoke of terms and conditions and the golden goddess turned to her eventually,
speaking to her of the courtesy of no harm befalling her for her
peaceful actions and words.

she dips her dome in that of a goodbye, graciously,
and begins to move forth. but her maw pauses, a split second near the brute,
long enough to speak softly; words intended for only his ears and his alone.
"if your family needs help of any kind.." her harks flick upwards easily.
"i may be found in the marsh of ghosts. i will do what i can to assist you in any needs."

her lyrics are quick, and with a lingering glance at the scene, a wary
orb places on the dragonheart, hoping she is not
leaving the small family only to be devoured by ravenous teeth.

and then she is gone, a shadow in the mists, melding,
disappearing.

to home, yes. she has done her deed for the day.

@[Azzaron] @[Delinne] @[Mirage]
[notes: you may now continue on without circuta, as she has left the vicinity! <3]

CREDITS

VENOMXBABY : MIDNIGHTSTOUCHSTOCK

Hidden Falls Curiosus II

I watched the dragon as she watched us, almost observing us. A recognizing shine in her dragon eyes made me freeze and I saw how she gazed down on Azzaron.
Fuck.
"You are banished from the Throat, and the Edge will not consider your application until you are able to regain approval from Kri herself. You may tell her that Mirage DragonHeart set you the task." Mirage? Where had I heard that name before? My ears pointed to Azzaron's position as he answered her. "So I must gain Kri's trust in order for you to open your gates?"

I got an answer on my question that I had asked myself before, because she faced me now. My attention was drawn from my golden lover and I faced the dragoness Mirage. "You..."
That did not sound good.
She came closer and I stayed down together with my colt and companion. This was a moment where I would never even think about leaving my babies. "I faced you when I took this land for myself. I offered sanctuary for those willing to follow my lead then, but you did not take it. Why now, do you seek it?"
There. It was from the invasion I recognized her name. She had been one of the leaders, if I wasn't mistaken myself.
"Lady Mirage..." I started and looked into the dragon's golden eyes. Azarel shivered next to me, both because of the chilly mists around us and of fear. Dezba crawled over my legs to him and laid herself comfortably between his front legs.
"When you faced me in the invasion, I followed Mauja. He was my King and I was loyal to him. But... Things has changed." My voice was steady and I took a deep breath before continuing.

"I was seperated from the herd right after the invasion. I got lost and I was confused after the lost of my new home. I wandered around for two seasons all alone questing for Dezba here, before I met Azzaron." A smile crossed my lips. "He is the first stallion I've ever loved."
"But I met Mauja soon after - when we had concieved our first foal and she was growing in my belly - and I found out that they were racist enough to only let unicorns into the herd. I know, I am a fool for not finding that out before, but done is done. Anyways, time passed and last Tallsun I birthed my first foal. Destry, my daughter.
Of course, Mauja and his mare Psyche found us..."
I had to stop there because a big lump was stuck in my throat. That day had been a sad and happy day.
"Mauja and Psyche turned me against Azzaron with lies. They took me and Destry to the Basin, but I couldn't stay there. My mate was soon imprisoned by Deimos - whom you might know - and he was stuck until not so long ago." My gaze turned to Azzaron and I sighed. "I believe I was stuck for about two seasons before I actually stood up for myself. During those two seasons I had begun to realize that they had only spoken lies that day. I talked back to Mauja and... They banished me from the Basin. They didn't even let me bring my daughter or mate with me." I felt the lump getting bigger and tears started to roll down my cheeks.

"The loyalty I once had for Mauja is gone forever. I barely trust anyone anymore. I miss my daughter, I miss the friends I had in the old herd that has now become my enemies, I just miss... Everything. Please, Lady Mirage. I do not wish any harm to this wonderful place.
This was my first home in Helovia. Let me be a part of it again, a part of a new family. A better family. All I have is this now. Azzaron, Destry, Azarel and Dezba. My little family that I wish to connect with yours."

I let my blue gaze wander from the talons of the dragoness to her eyes and watched her, my eyes filled with tears.
Would she believe the words of truth that I had spoken? I hoped so, because it was all truth. I had lost my home, lost the faith I had once had in my King and lost my daughter to a band of racist unicorns. I would bring her home soon, but still. We needed a home to bring her home to.

The dragon spoke to the dark mare next to us, her words calmer than before. "Thank you, for your attendance, Dark Wanderer. As you have offered the Edge no harm, you shall receive none from us in return." It was no big words and I observed the mare. Tears still running down my cheek, I listened to her words.
"If your family needs help of any kind.. I may be found in the marsh of ghosts. I will do what i can to assist you in any needs." I gave the mare a slight nod and smiled vaguely. Thank you, stranger. I whispered, or more correctly, I just formed the words with my lips and I watched the mare leave.
It was amazing how a stranger could save your life, just like that.
My gaze wandered to the dragoness again and I waited. What would her answer be?

"Talking."

ooc: ;___;
word count: 907
Remember?

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks

I emerge a shadow from the mist, stepping delicately into a delicate scene and frowning at the misfit gathering of those who don't belong. Kali had flown ahead of me, sending back snippets of images and sounds, filling in the blanks with Akaith's explanations. And so it was I did not stumble blindly into the mess of childbirth and tears, but joined the crowd with a semblance of knowledge as to what the hell was going on.

Although at that point, did anyone really know?

I slide up to my sister's side, being careful to keep a distance from her coat of golden scales. I don't mind Mirage's dragon form - I find it fairly enchanting, really, though I prefer my little shadow sister - but I have found that scales tend to snag uncomfortably on my mane and tail, and I'd rather not lose any more hair. Height drawn to the fullest, black eyes still and bright, I let my gaze wash over the small family and think, realizing dimly that I must appear frightening. As usual. The imposing stance is one I have taken to assuming around strangers, and it does not need to be known to them that it's adopted more out of insecurity than a misplaced sense of self-importance, but still- I am somewhat tired of scaring people. As though on cue, Kali leaves her brittle branch, spiraling down to land upon my haunches in all her predatory glory. Sigh.

Mother and babe look the pitiful pair, and I catch the tail end of the unicorn's story. It is enough to pull on even the stoniest of heartstrings, and I can feel a disgusting bubble of pity welling up in my own chest, but something sets me on edge. I cannot shake the worry that this mare's former ties will come to bite us in the ass, not to mention the apparent conflict between the fiery stallion and our sister herd. I glance at Mirage, wondering what she's thinking- probably the same, with much more room for acceptance and second chances and other aspects of kindness that I so obviously lack. Will she let them into our family, give them the opportunity to grow amongst us?

Do I want her to?

Is it my place to say anything on the matter?

Fuck.

"Sister; perhaps I can offer an opinion." Dark tones are controlled, with a glitter of what I hope sounds like sympathy. My eyes do not leave the family of four. Upon my back, Kali rumbles quiet support. "I have heard some of your tale from Kali; it seems your family has suffered greatly." I glance between them, expression a placid mask that hides the surgical precision with which I chose my words. "And I would offer you refuge upon our borders. However... your plight with our allies cannot be ignored, as with your prior ties to our foes."

Stern lines in the supple tone, a splash of danger beneath my voice- your actions are not taken lightly. And I do not like you. Don't like anyone, Kali teases helpfully, and I mentally bat her away like an annoying fly. Back to business. "I would offer you a season to live within our borders, not more or less; recover from your birth, and if in that time you can regain the trust of Kri, then I personally shall welcome you into our family." I glance at Mirage, hoping I have not stepped on my sister's toes and not particularly caring if I have- my little shadow is a marshmallow at heart, and sometimes she needs help making hard decisions, even if she does not realize it all the time.

Azarel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

AZAREL

life is a flame that is
always burning itself out
but it catches fire again every time
a child is born

This was so weird.
I had been born, into this still unknown land, and I had already met so many. The Big Golden Scary, the Goldlegged Moonbutt, my mama, my papa and Indigo Eyes over there. And of course, the Blue-Eyed Fluffy Cat.

With big eyes I looked at my mother, admiring her closely. Her big being was warm next to me and I felt her familiar ba-dump beat through the skin. She was beautiful, my mama. Her... Uhm.. Oh, right - body... was black and sheened purple while white things covered some parts of the black. They had a dangerous shape though. She had a stick poking out of her head that was black and white. Without luck, I tried to see if I had one too. But I didn't see anything but black. My papa wasn't as impressive. At least I thought it was my father, because he was the only stallion around. I neighed quietly and looked at the light stallion, admiring his big wings. The I glanced at my own hide and snorted with disappointment. Why didn't I have things like that? Was there something wrong with me?
Big Golden Scary started to talk and I listened to her, but I didn't understand a single word she said. My mama looked serious and so did my papa. What was happening? The Goldlegged Moonbutt walked in from nowhere and started talking as well. A meow took my attention and I looked down next to me. The black fluffy cat had crawled between my legs and fallen deeply asleep. My lips crooked into my first ever smile, filling my body with a strange feeling. It was warm and cuddly, this feeling. I liked it. A lot. My ears pointed towards my mama and I heard the last of what she said.

"...All I have is this now. Azzaron, Destry, Azarel and Dezba. My little family that I wish to connect with yours."

Whaaa..? What did that mean? I tilted my head and looked at mama with a confused look. Atsa-ronn? Destt-ryy? Detsba? I recognized the name she had given me, Azarel, but the other names were foreign to me.
My gaze wandered to the light winged one and I observed him. Maybe he was Atsa-ronn, my papa? The Big Golden Scary spoke and I heard a name. Mirra-sh? Her name was Mirra-sh? My eyes wandered to mama again and I took a deep breath before trying to form my golden lips.
"Mama. Who Atsa-ronn? And Destt-ryy? And Detsba?" My words were clumsy, as my tongue didn't know how to move correctly to form them, but I think they understood me anyways.
I whipped my short, fluffy thing behind me and looked up at the Big Golde-- Uhm, Mirra-sh. She was biiiiiiig. And I felt so tiny in front of her, even though I had noticed that my body was pretty muscular and big for being only a few minutes old.

The black fluffy cat moved and I lowered my head, cuddling the cat. She laid right under the arch on my neck, perfectly fitting the little space.
Flufffffy.

"Talking."

ooc // Gaaaah, I love Azarel so much <333
wc // 520
tags // -

CREDITS

CHELLYTHEBEAN

The dragonmare watched the stallion take her words in. She watched the way he winced as he remembered his past failure against the Resolute. Kri had offered him a home once, and he had thrown it in her face, and as a result, he had been Outcast. And, evidently, found love.. forbidden love? Mirage wondered if he had truly learned from his past mistake, if he truly regretted his actions, if he would behave differently under her rule. She thought her judgement was fair - if he could prove that he had changed to his former leader, the one he had insulted so with his ignorance, then he would certainly be worthy to reside within the Edge.

The presence of Kali told her of her sister's imminent arrival, and the WeyrLeader welcomed it. Rishima was more than her sister, she was her guide through life, her advisor and Advocate. Mirage rarely did anything without first consulting her beloved sibling, and her opinion and wisdom in this circumstance was more than welcome. The heavy draconic stare of the dragonmare shifted from Azzaron and Delinne now, flicking to her sister, her scaled crown nodding in simple, silent greeting and acceptance of her presence and words. The dark mare agreed with Mirage's judgement, for the most part - she thought to put a time limit upon the task she had set to Azzaron. The DragonHeart considered the notion, just as she considered all the words spoken by the striped mare, Delinne, and even the youthful, innocent contributions of Azarel.

She pondered for some time. Could she trust them? Should she? Would it put her home at risk from a threat they had dealt with since their take over of this home? The true question was, would it make any difference? The Basin would always be a threat, for they held revenge in their racist hearts, and would not stop until they either succeeded or were permanently destroyed..

"Azzaron, you have until the end of TallSun to prove yourself worthy of Kri's approval. You are not permitted on Edge lands until you have done so." The dragonmare spoke quietly, but with the power of her position inflating the words. They were not to be taken lightly. "Delinne, you and your children may reside in the Edge for that season if you wish, to come and go as you please. Just understand that should Azzaron fail in his task, you would all become Outcasts once more." There was a chance that after so much time had passed, they may have ingratiated themselves in the family, the Qian, so much so that they would be permitted to stay permanently regardless of the outcome of Azzaron's task... but only time would tell.

"I hope you understand the reason for my decision. My kin are everything to me, and I shall not put them at risk."

dragon - bg
table