the Rift

[PRIVATE] Truth (Paladin)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>

Things had become somewhat normal at home, everyone was settling in and recovering well enough. Kri escaped victorious from our oppressors in the Basin, and was on the mend. Earth, and Moon had returned to Helovia—no solid word on when their brother, our patron Sun would appear. Other than that, everything seemed to be looking up. I’d been battling with the urge to go see Ktulu and our daughter since duties had calmed back into a state of semi lull. During the stressful times of invasion and various other unprecedented events, I pushed them to the backburner.

I hadn’t had the chance to break away until now.

Instead of a skipping heartbeat that was eager to see my distant family. I felt crestfallen with the knowledge that they had been involved in the recent fray. Rather than traveling to them right away, I stood on the edge of my home. Straining to see their distant mountain passes and winding trails; trails that would lead me to them, should I only choose to follow.

A heaving sigh formed, moments later my hooves finally stepped away from familiar sands. This was going to be faced sooner, rather than later. I walk slowly down the path which would lead me to her—and the questions that would soon arise. My heart knew the truth, her clan had formed a battle plan that involved the near death of dozens. Apollo, Ktulu. Why would they side with the Northern thugs that cared for nothing but spilled blood? Apollo wasn't that sort of person...or so I though.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

PALADIN
The sound of iron shocks is stuck in my head

Paladin's routine only kept him sane for so long. The stallion turned south, toward the beach and realized that his paper-thin heart was not prepared for another bitter reminder of his failures. He hated that he felt so weak, so vulnerable - in body and mind. The grays that had started to spread across his hips and muzzle had only grown, and the beard he sported did not shed in the birdsong as it usually did. The dull ache that had settled into his steps now turned into an audible click with each step, and the fact that age now snapped at his heels caused him an anxiety he had never known before.

The weight of his panic constricted his ability to breathe, even on the best days, and he had to lower his neck and simply focus on his hooves touching the ground. Paladin thought that all the wrongs he had tried to right would bring him a peaceful aging process, but instead, he was thrust into it roughly. He frowned, as he walked, trying to shake the thoughts in his head that poisoned him so acutely. He focused on breathing evenly.

He knew he needed to speak to Mirage, to anyone really, who would help him out. But admitting weakness was difficult for the old warrior; he was stubborn as a mule and would rather suffer on his own. His armor was made of sterner stuff than most men, but it was now ground down to aluminum foil. Paladin lifted his gaze from his hooves to squint out in front of him in the darkness, using the light of the glowing trees to guide him into wherever he decided to wander.

The sight in the distance was one he recognized from a conversation with the Ice King. Interesting. At least his eye sight wasn't circling the drain like the rest of him. Paladin approached. "I would say good evening, but I would get tired of hearing my own voice speak those words..." he trailed, grunting slightly as he neared. "So instead I will say, hello to you, Midas. How are you?"

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>

A visitor drew near, in the dim light I nearly mistook the individual for the Ma of my children. For one blissful moment my heart skipped ahead like the wings of an insignificant hummer; yar, for a heartbeat I had some small amount of hope that she was coming to meet me. Coming to explain her reasoning, aid me in righting our wrongs. Nay, though said stranger had the look of her, his skeletal frame and squared face gave clear message that thy offspring surely wouldn’t match. Years seemed to have taken liberty and gotten a free ride.

Paladin, her father related by blood to a grandchild I had sired. The weighted guilt of not having approached this proud warrior sooner erased a small amount of disappointment that came from losing vain hope. A smile was pressed forward as he drew near, it features appeared genuine and perhaps only a little strained. Humor hadn’t dimmed with age apparently, he made simple jest of our atmosphere in Helovia. “Aye, we all grow weary waking up to the same darkness eve after ever. It’s good to see you Paladin.” Voice had softened into a state of quiet agreement, “I’ve fared better to be honest. How about you?” His face appeared travel weary, or perhaps it was just age catching up to fleeing hocks. Ktulu, I thought. Have you told him about our baby? Have you told him about our love? Or I should say, the love we had shared and still carried on my end. She had very nearly turned me away…out of frustration? Hate? Perhaps fate made our bond a special one, a test of strength, endurance. Would she run every time something got difficult?

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]