the Rift

[PRIVATE] High Dive into Frozen Waves [Kaj]

Yuri Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Yuri

when you and I were forever wild.

The woods lurked around her, their faint shadows casting doen on her from the light of the moon. Her lonely aching soul peered through the darkness, searching for another, once again she had found herself alone. Her lonely bones searched through the dark world, letting her ligh hooves spill across the narrow path, she knew would lead her somewhere. She was nomadic, coming and going from where she pleased. Her amber eyes glowed against their dark backdrop, cutting sharply into the endless night. Her divine, lashes batted up and down, bobbing her head back and forth as he held it high, in a brisk walk. Her short legs tapped along the roots, and twigsknotting the strip of treeless forest.

Firedlies darted up and down, circling the lithe ballerina, and illuminating her small, snowdipped body. Her lightning streaked face moved close to every nearing firefly, her muzzle gently sniffing them, as her long, mane and tail billowed in the slight breeze, the tips gently pooling onto th earth. She gently lifted her cannons high with each step, as if she was walking on water. The her world was lonely and cold, crumbling beneath her. Everything in her life has changed. Her surroundings, and soul. Now less blithe, and more consious of her surroundings, and adversaries true motives. No one could bring her down, she stood high in the clouds, yet close to the ground.

The mare stopped realizing exactly how tired she was, form the long day, or night, or whatever it happened to be of walking, she was now close to the Worlds edge, she could sense it. She did not know exactly why she wanted to go there, perhaps she was just wanting to abandon her old home, in the deep forest. The small pools of water seemed to speckle with light from the hovering fireflies, blanketing the place in an eerie light.

341 words
@[Kaj]

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Kaj</style>

everything on the earth has a purpose...

every disease an herb to cure it...

and every person a mission

They had won.

Won, but he had escaped unscathed. It was not for lack of appearing, for he had sought out an opponent the entire battle. Resplendence of all had fought! He had nearly burst with pride, only to deflate into somber moroseness after the war was waged and the medals pinned to the lapels of his brethren's jackets. He should not have been the one undamaged. He should have worn the scars and wounds of those too innocent to have bravely gone into battle with so little experience backing them. Why had they cowered away from him? Why had they sought to destroy the flickering embers, instead of daring to be true and honest and approach the vibrant, powerful flame? Why target the citizens that did not deserve it, and run with tail between hock from the sight of one who could actually defend his home?

It disgusted him, angered him.

...made him feel useless.

All those who had been left battered and broken, bereft, and he- their WingLeader damn it!- was not once faced in the duration of the battle. It broke his spirit, and once things had calmed and his duties were done, released for the day, he exploded from the tops of the boughs of the Edge and pushed his body to its limits of speed and stamina as he fled from the home he loved so dearly and yet had been unable to protect.

Worthless.

He was unable to keep his promise.

The grove was a haven for many, though more than just lovers had ventured beneath its shaded willows, waded through its sparkling sapphire waters, drank in the scents of the sweet flowers that colored the shoreline. He had never been, but the calming serenity of the land drew him down, down, down in a spiral of long wings and quiet breaths. Pale baby blues were sad, contemplative, as umber stockings touched the earth. Hardly a kiss, a breath, with how he had punished his muscles into landing silently. Such a strain. He deserved the sore ache, for all he had missed out on, for all those who had taken the blow meant for his skin.

A drink, he decided, lungs protesting from pushing himself so harshly. Instinctively he recalled the lay of the land he'd viewed from above, large frame moving with a startlingly quiet aspect. Only for him to find the shore was already occupied by a petite doll of porcelain and untouched henna. Clearing his throat softly, he stepped forward into the glow of the fireflies, feeling large and intrusive with someone so small and fragile in his midst. "My apologies, miss. I did not intend to disrupt you. If you would like, I can depart...?" Stepping to the side as he advanced so as not to come from behind her like some sort of predator. A smile slowly but surely warmed upon his features, pushing the malignant feelings behind a barrier inside his mind, genuine interest shining upon his visage.

"I'm dreadfully sorry, I normally have better mannerisms, miss. My name is Kaj, WingLeader of the World's Edge. May I inquire as to yours?" Quietly his deep velvet voice wrapped around the two of them, soothing despite it not being his conscious intention to calm or comfort her. He must be rather out of it, to be so disrespectful and forgetful of his manners. Pausing in his long stride he blinked down at her with that same golden boy smile, shuffling his wings close so as not to intimidate her, already a habit from being around Resplendence. It truly was a beautiful night, the fireflies only basking them in their topaz glow, spring still warm in the night, and a possibility at friendship on the horizon.

Credit

Unregistered
Yuri

The quiet peace of the night, slowly faded away, as the tall, pegasus Stallion loomed out of the sky. His caramel body dipped, perching himself on the ground with such grace for such a large being. He must be very trained in the art of stealth or war, being such an agile stud. His shorter, wavy cream mane draped his upper neck, giving great contrast to his buckskin coat. His the brown dirt seemed to seep up his legs the moment he touched the ground. His eyes locked onto me, gazing deeply, as he spoke in his deep, calming manly voice that sent chills down my spine, and made me shiver as I listened.

"My apologies, miss. I did not intend to disrupt you. If you would like, I can depart...?"

He said, as he let out a large, warm smile, that seemed to melt my frozen heart. So much so, that I didnt even notice him slowly creep up to my side. I jumped, my muscles tightened and tensed, and within seconds relaxing, just from the startling jolt of the stallion.

"I'm dreadfully sorry, I normally have better mannerisms, miss. My name is Kaj, WingLeader of the World's Edge. May I inquire as to yours?"

I looked up confused at Kaj, better mannerisms? I thought. Obviously he had never met Osiris, the grumpiest old man on earth, with about the least amount of mannerisms of any elder I have ever seen. I leaned in to the approaching pegasus, hinting to him that he may come closer. I let my long, ebony hair hang onto the moist ground, in the damp pine-needles. Fireflies danced between us, cheerily gliding up and down in the small rifts of wind.

"What a gentleman." I said, in my quiet british accent. "I am Yuri." I chirped, batting my long eyelashed, and gazing into his blue eyed with my ambery orange ones.

"Wingleader, would that be a title given to only he strongest of warriors?" I asked, as I lifted my pink nose up to the studs large muzzle, on my tippy toes.

@[Kaj]

Kaj</style>

Like a transfixed doll she stared at him, blinking her big eyes and jumping, startled, when he came closer to her side. Dipping his cranium in shamed apology, he murmured out to try and rectify that which he had done wrong. "I am sorry, miss, I did not mean to startle you." He stilled all movement respectfully, wanting to make her feel as comfortable as possible in his presence. Even though they had just met. However once she seemed to grow more aware of his presence not being a mirage, her frame moved closer to him invitingly, and he took a few steps towards her in return; careful to keep the proximity in the boundaries of what was respectable in the presence of a newly met lady. Best not to seem like some promiscuous, careless fool thinking only on instinct and pleasure. He would treat her like the lady she was.

Flushing politely under her crooning praise, he turned his head slightly away almost shyly, though more humble than anything. "Thank you, miss. Though I only treat you with the respect you deserve, I should not be praised for something all others should do." Then again he'd met quite a few...unpleasant souls in Helovia, perhaps this stranger had only ventured across those of sour dispositions. The thought saddened him.

Her irises were painted in the style of autumn, rich pumpkin and cinnamon all rolled into one. With the flick of her gaze to his she declared her name, and Kaj smiled once more. "Yuri? It is a beautiful name befitting it's owner. A pleasure, miss Yuri." A large wing was swept elegantly across his chest, foreleg extending in a bow of greeting. To others it may be seen as overkill, but to him it was how he'd been raised.

Rose lips moved towards his own pale golden muzzle, and he blinked at her in surprise in his oblivious nature, but smiled warmly and accepted the touch, brushing their noses together and giving a soft chuckle. Maybe there were others like him in this land after all? Souls who were just as comfortable and familiar with physical kinship? "No dear, perhaps not the strongest, but I did have to battle to claim it in a tournament against my brethren. So, in a way yes." Amused by the somewhat confusing explanation he'd given, he shot her another crooked, endearing smile and hoped she'd understood.

Credit

Unregistered
Yuri

The night seemed to eat up the small mare's orange-kissed pelt, the small flickering lights floating in the air were the only light that allowed the mare to see the pegasus. His golden coat, and pale mane billowed slightly in the birdsong air, enswaddling the two. She continued her gaze into the stallion's ice-capped blue eyes, shining out against the warm golds, cocoas, and spice colours of the two's bodies.

The mare quickly shook her head, before gazing her eyes down at the ground, avoiding those beautiful geodes, staring at her from the stallions golden face. "Excuse my manners." She mumbled in her soft, quiet voice, nuanced with an english twang. She batted her long, black eyelashes. The electric looking mark on her face cut deeply into the ground. A smile creeped out of the smaller corner of her mouth, realizing the irony of how she was much to in awe of the handsome gentleman's manners that she had forgot her own. Her cheeks lit up in a bright pink as she let her small, lithe head drop to the ground, away from the awaiting golden lips.

"Yuri? It is a beautiful name befitting it's owner. A pleasure, miss Yuri." Kaj spoke, his words beating deep into her brain, pounding at her skull. A complement of true chivalry. Her cheeks only grew redder, her smile bigger. She had nothing to say but a sweet, and honest "Thank you."

"No dear, perhaps not the strongest, but I did have to battle to claim it in a tournament against my brethren. So, in a way yes.". The mare lifted her small face back to the stallion, cocking her head slightly, and cocking an eyebrow. "Well, I would consider anyone with the Title of warrior strong, and devoted to their people. I presume you aren't giving yourself half the credit you deserve, with your humble attitude." She said, smiling warmly at the stallion, and grinning larger as she saw his own smile crack his lips as to exactly what he was saying.

"Do you want to take a walk?" The little ballerina said, as she let her small feet slowly carried her forward, across the dirt, and mangled roots.

@[Kaj]

Kaj</style>

Warm air cocoons around them, warm and tangible in its weightlessness. Fireflies are the only light surrounding them, and yet she glows in their soft luminescence to the point where the important details are not lost to him as he views her. Even though they've just met neither removes their gaze from the other, and it pleases Kaj to know that he is apparently interesting enough to hold her attention for any amount of time. After all she doesn't seem the type to be entertained by such a simpleton like himself. And she even goes so far as to excuse her manners, when she has done no wrong. "There is no need for you to excuse yourself, Miss Yuri. You have done nothing to warrant it, you have been very accommodating," he murmured with a smile, feathered appendages shuffling and stretching languidly without extending from his sides. Spending so much time with Resplendence, he was no longer used to allowing them the freedom he used to give them.

Demurely she dropped her crown and turned away from him with a modest smile, and he extended a wing slowly to brush the soft tips against her flank should she allow it. "There is no need to hide your beautiful visage, Miss Yuri. I am not worthy of being shy around, it is I who should be so self-conscious." Smiling gently at her he withdrew his light, kissing touch from her side. "You're quite welcome," he chuckled in reply as he shifted his stance.

"I have never been called humble before, thank you Miss Yuri. It is an honor to be a warrior, that is all I hope to achieve." A smooth roll of his shoulders accompanied his sheepish smile, flushing similar to a lovestruck filly over the kind compliment. He did not receive them often, and it was a wonderful change.

She invited him pleasantly to a gander across the lush carpet not far from the shore they stood on, and Kaj couldn't help how his smile grew as he followed her, walking much slower due to his much longer stride in order to keep pace with her. "I would love to, Miss Yuri." Pleasantly he kept himself at her side, careful not to come too close, letting her choose how close she wanted to be. "So, Miss Yuri, may I venture to ask you to tell me about yourself?"

Credit