the Rift

[OPEN] Consistency [Mercy, Acceptance]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
The trip had been slow, with the mare so exhausted from her trip in. Still, it had been rewarding. She was no healer, no savior of others, but to know she had given the bay mare Mercy a chance when she could have fallen prey to the evil in the darkness was satisfying. As they stepped now, closer and closer to home each time, Kahlua felt a lightness in her heart. She loved this place. As much as it was strange to her, calling these horses family and wanting them to like her for reasons other than her own selfishness, she was become more used to the idea. They had saved her after all, first from the threshold then from the war. They even accepted her, despite her faults... Yes, this was the place she was meant to be.

Smiling to Mercy, reaching out to try and give her a gentle nudge while not disrupting the mare's forward motion, Kahlua began to speak. “The mists mark our borders,” her voice was gentle. As they came upon the mists, Kahlua halted and looked into them for signs of life. “It's best to wait here, until someone comes along,” she nickered into the relative silence. “Don't worry though,” her dancing voice continued, “I know they'll love you.” She swished her tail out of contentment, attempting to brush it up against Mercy's legs in some kind of friendly act. She liked this mare, hoped to become better friends with her even. Hopefully it would not turn out as it had with Antheia... Shaking the thought from her head, she rose herself up taller, spreading her legs wide to keep her balance should Mercy prefer to keep leaning on her for strength.

@[Mercy]
.KAHLUA

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Mercy Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: Mercy.png]

She wasn't sure if it was because of the break they had made at the stream or the company of the mare that stood by her side, but she felt slightly revived from her long journey. Mercy could see her companion’s joy increase as they drew closer to their destination. In response she felt her spirits begin to lift as well as it began to dawn on her that they were heading in the direction of what might become home. She began to get nervous about her appearance. The more she thought about meeting the other horses that belonged to Kahlua’s herd the more she began to worry about what they might find fault with. What if they didn't like her? What if they thought she was unworthy of them? Worst of all... what if she had to be parted from Kahlua? Her breath began to shallow and her field of vision began to focus inward…..

The mists mark our borders.The words of her friend and the stop they made brought her back down to earth. Oh well, guess we’ll find out now. She raised her head and brought her ears to full alert as she attempted to bring in her surrounding sights, smells and sounds. “It is a beautiful sight, your home,” she said, her voice floating softly and quietly across the wind to her companion. She felt Kahlua’s tail as it brushed against her and it brought a smile to her face. How simple it was to just be in each other’s company without speaking and still feel like they were having a conversation. Mercy began to think of the great adventures she could have with this mare in the land that she as of yet knew nothing about. Yes, great adventures they would have. “I do hope it is as you say and they enjoy my company as I enjoy yours. It would be a shame to part ways so soon…..,” her voice dropped off into thought. She felt Kahlua move beside her and shifted her weight in an attempt to remove some of her burden from her companion while still using her support. When it seemed they were both comfortable and content, Mercy nudged the mare’s neck in friendly thanks and hung her own head low to observe the land beneath her hooves. Now it was time to wait.

Kahlua, Open

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
As Kahlua stood at the border of her home, she thought about very little other than contentment with her location. She was not one to contemplate the complexities of the earth. If she were to think, she would likely think about how she was going to get Aaron to like her, and therefore promote her. She would think of how she was going to work at doing her job to impress the glaziers and Mirage. She would think about how few of the horses in this land she actually knew. Instead, she just let herself be happy. Stress such matters were not for the mare. She trusted that she would prove herself capable some day.

As her new-found friend went back down to the earth, Kahlua looked at her with apologetic eyes. She had not meant to throw the mare to the ground, if indeed it had been something she had done. I do hope it is as you say... the mare began and Kahlua listened with contentment. “Do not worry, my friend. I'm certain they will.” And though the mare spoke with calmness for the mare, her intentions were elsewhere. Raising the herd numbers was just one more way she could prove herself useful in this land. For her own sake, she hoped they would like this mare Mercy. Of course, she could see no reason they wouldn't. It was not like she had brought a wolf to the border.

As the mare leaned up against her once again, planted her hooves into the ground. The mare nudged her neck and Kahlua bobbed her head contentedly. As the minutes began to tick by she whinnied again, wishing someone would come soon. Clearly this mare needed to rest. It was unfortunate that they were forced to wait this long. Not wanting this other to begin to doubt herself and leave, Kahlua decided to speak again. “The moon goddess is the patron of our land,” she said as she looked up to the sky. The endless moonlight was not a strain on her being as much as it had been once. She had grown accustomed to the darkness, like so many of the Helovian residents had. “And our lady Mirage cares for the herd with the utmost love,” she continued her mindless chatter. Though she had not met the queen herself, her acts of kindness touched all the horses of the Edge. She quieted then, giving Mercy a moment to think over what little she had said.
.KAHLUA

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Hellena Posts: 64
World's Edge Seer
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 26 Buff: NOVICE
Whit
There was movement in the woods. Shadows, darkness, silver light from the Moon above, all convoluted, dancing, swirling, swaying, carved by the contours of the breeze that whispered through the thick trunks. Mists seemed to move of their own accord, not by the wind or the weather, their foggy touch breathed with a life of its own. The shapes it carved were the shapes of those who resided here, in the World's Edge, the lands had gifted us with the ability to become its very mists - an ability I embraced, and used quite often. My connection with the mists had always been deep, they obeyed my call, they followed me wherever I walked, they informed me of danger, of news, of change that occurred on our borders and lands, and now, they allowed me to travel as part of them, truly.

So I became one with the mists, and the tendrils of my nerves seemed to become a part of the lands themselves. There was no delay between their communication with me - I felt every footstep, saw every motion, comforted every member who was welcomed in the herd they called the Qian. And now - what was that? A newcomer, crossing the borders for the first time, being welcomed into the family that always seemed to be growing, expanding, gaining new blood, new ideas, new inspiration. I moved myself towards them, my ears forming atop my pewter crown just as a horn extends from my brow. I stand beyond the reach of the these mares, a few strides away, my form seemingly built by the foggy foundations of our home. A small smile curves my lips, as my tiara becomes more solid, I tilt it to the one who brought this newcomer. I did not recall meeting the painted belle before, however there was a chance my crown was simply too full of other facts of the realm that I had misplaced her name and face in my memories.

"Greetings, and welcome to the World's Edge. I am Hellena." My voice is a smooth hum, a deep and reassuring stroke of an artist's brush against their eardrums. "Please forgive us for our quiet, our Protectors have recently defended our home from invaders, and many are still recovering." I add, as a quiet explanation for the lack of a greeting party. A small frown creased my brow at the thought, though it passed swiftly. My expression softened again as I looked to the new mare, my inquiry gentle and light behind those deep violet pools. "What is the name of the newest soul to walk amongst our borders?"

bg - table