the Rift

[PRIVATE] I Return [Mirage]

Antheia Posts: 129
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 4
Clo.

I had returned. I needed to apologize for what I had done wrong. I needed to make up for what I had lost. But I didn’t belong here no more, and I didn’t wish to join their borders no longer, just hoped they would forgive my meaningless self. I didn’t mean of what I had done wrong, I didn’t know what I had gotten into me. All I knew was I had a sudden burst of outrage and quit on them all, leaving my friends behind.

I didn’t mean it all, I loved all of them, I had wished to call them family, but I never got the right chance. I never got to tell them thank you for letting me live within their own borders. I never got the chance on what I intended to do. So I would go there now, welcomed or not, I would say my goodbyes and thank yous, I would bow down beneath the one I had meant to follow in her hoof prints.

I never understood why this had to happen to me, why me? I didn’t understand the fact why it always had to be the innocents that always got themselves into the situations that were not their own. I mean, why did we have to be the ones to always turn into murderous creatures? We had done nothing wrong to the world, we had claimed no war against the earth. We were the kind ones, but that never turned out to be the happy ending.

I trotted, my gait fast, my heart pounding hard. My stomach now stood out wider than the rest of my dark frame, hinting the fact that I was now carrying a bad boy’s foal. Even though he had said it was only a curse on his leg, all I could do was worry about how this one was going to turn out. Would he be crippled for all his life? Or only a few weeks? Or would he be as healthy as the Birdsong air? It worried me terribly, but I had no time for that right now, I had something else to take care of.

I stopped at the edge of the borders, looking out in the distance. Blood was scattered everywhere from the invasion, but there was no lifeless bodies around making me feel relieved. Winter hair laid across the clearing, probably ripped from coats during the battle. I gazed out into the woods, bowing down, my maw touching the ground of dirt. "Madam Mirage?"

Credits

TAGS: @[Mirage]
WORDS: 425
NOTES: She coming back to apologize for leaving the Edge, though I do not wish for her to join again, rather just become allies. <3
Don't fear of dying, take advantage of it.
- Feel free to do anything along the lines of attacking her, as long as it involves no killing. -

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
Mirage knew all too well the feeling of hopelessness, helplessness that could consume one. She had felt it after Torasin had died, and then Solstice too, and now with more herdmates being declared missing, with the death of the soldier she had been fighting, with everything that had unfolded, the mare wondered how it was she gathered the strength to stand upon her sturdy legs. And yet, here she was. Standing alone, albeit for her dragon, in the wake of seeing the great Goddess of the Moon. Though the Goddess stood for darkness and wind, the world seemed duller, stiller as she faded from sight, and so Mirage merely blinked dumbly at the mists as they folded back down on themselves, realising with a harsh slap in the face that reality awaited her outside of the surrealistic world her meeting with the Goddess had been.

After departing company from her sister and the young mare who lingered there, the WeyrLeader and her dragon walked the mists of the land, feeling a new magic awaken within them. As she walked with the mists, she seemed to become the mists, a magic similar to her illusionary magic and yet completely different. It crawled up her legs, across the tendrils of her mane and tail, along her hide - and yet she shrugged it off, preferring her whole form now, even as she nursed tender muscles and bruises. Akaith murmured above her, taking to the skies. Tell me who is hurt, and where they lie. Mirage requested of her golden companion, who swiftly disappeared in the darkness and mists of their home. The peculiar jewel that now rested about her left foreleg shimmered in the night, its sheen seeming to take on the very shine of the moon itself. The DragonHeart's steps became smoother the more she moved, until she heard a summons at the borders.

Swiftly she moved, her motions seeming to become foggy, like the mists that decorated her home. Who would call to her from the borders of their land? Overhead, Akaith was scouting the region, and so she sent an image of the mare back to her - a unicorn. Was she familiar? Vaguely, though Mirage was unsure whether she had actually met the girl before. Why then, would she stand at the borders, like a stranger? "I am here," Her voice was hushed, her steps slowed and controlled, as the mists seemed to flow from within and around her. "Please forgive me, I do not recall your name." The tones were laced with genuine sincerity and regret. The duties of a leader called to her more often then not, and made her miss out on building relationships with those her other faithful members had recruited. Have we truly grown so large that I do not know half of those who call my home theirs as well?

@[Antheia]
Mirage the DragonHeart

image credits
table by whit

Antheia Posts: 129
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 4
Clo.
I watched as the golden dragon came into view, leading it’s master straight to me. Mirage walked up to me, and all I could do was give a friendly smile in exchange. She asked me as of what my name was and I nodded, knowing we had never met before like I had wished to.

"I am Antheia, one who use to live within your precious borders. Mirage, I’m sorry I left, I never intended to do so. I worship you and the Moon Goddess, and I hope you do know that. Something went wrong, like something took place of my kind soul and took it all the wrong direction. Placed me in a big situation. I do hope we can still be allies Miss Mirage, I never intended on doing such I thing to pull your home to the bottom. I apologize.”

I locked my dark pools on her own, tears forming at the edge of my eyes. They were full of sorrow, and it seemed as if nothing could brighten them up until she accepted my gesture. I wouldn’t be able to live much longer if I knew I had pulled my own friend to the bottom of the pack, for I knew that was a horrible thing for such a personality like my own.

I was going up against fate.

I waited for her reply on my comment, hoping I hadn’t been to foolish to leave the beautiful home that they had once blessed me with when I had nowhere else to go.
- bg - table - image -

@[Mirage]
Don't fear of dying, take advantage of it.
- Feel free to do anything along the lines of attacking her, as long as it involves no killing. -

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
The girl spoke, and Mirage listened intently. There was a cloud of guilt hovering over her, a great sense of sadness that she was ignoring those who called themselves WeyrFolk, those who made up the mass of numbers of the more common ranks, the ranks that were often always unappreciated. What could she do to rectify this situation of overlooking all those who made up the lower ranks of her herd?

Or, who, evidently, used to make up these ranks.

The emotion Antheia showed as she spoke led Mirage to believe that she genuinely felt remorse for her decision to leave the Edge, the Qian. No laws were ever set with regards to leaving - it was not a prison, but similarly it was not something you simply picked up and dropped without thought. Antheia would not be welcomed back to the Qian, for clearly she did not understand the fundamental qualities that made the Qian what it is - a family, a herd, a group of souls who were sworn to protect one another at all costs.

"Thank you for speaking to me." The quiet voice of the WeyrLeader began, the emotion upon her slightly dished façade heavily guarded behind a veil of indifference. "I do not.. understand what it is that led you to this decision, and I am sorry to hear that you feel this way." She spoke again, chewing each word over before delivering it. "You have abandoned your family, and all that it stands for." The mare's voice sharpened slightly. Mirage was weary, battle-worn and somewhat on edge - it was probably not the best time to speak to her about alliances and second chances. At the same time, the mare could understand a wanderer's desire to not be strung out by restrictions placed by family ties. A deep sigh filled her lungs, and as it vacated, she spoke for a last time.

"Why didn't you come to us, who were your family, when you were going through this trial that has changed your heart so?" Why didn't you call for me earlier? I would have come, always, for my own kin.. of which you are not counted to any longer.

@[Antheia]
Mirage the DragonHeart

image credits
table by whit