the Rift

[OPEN] Haunted by a dream (Rasta)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
the one to see you through your darkest times

He would have said anything, done anything, and been anything to stop this act before it had happened. Though now wasn’t the time for grief and regret to take hold. Instead he ran on, limbs burning with a recognizable pain from distance tracking. Intake heaved and gasped, the dryness in throat had only begun to bring new waves of distress. Midas gulped air, unable to get enough oxygen to stop painful spasms tightening in chest.

A frame rode upon his back, strung across at the withers and tucked just behind his wings; he tried to smooth out a normally boxy gait and failed miserably. Each step would jolt the little body he so feverously carried across the lands. Fina flew above, unable to offer anything to the situation other than an encouraging chirp when Midas stumbled.

I shook awake, covered in a thin layer of cool perspiration despite how warm the night was. A shielded gaze cast its stare toward a frame that slept nearby....he stood now, rarely lying like we used to when his manly frame had been boyish and gangly small. A soft sigh slipped past the rigid line of my lips, brows furrowed painfully into the brow which held them. Fina had stirred in the Magnolia tree that rose above us, I stiffened unintentionally when she touched my mind, “What’s wrong?” a quiet question that surprisingly didn’t sound irritable and even brushed the notion of compassion. She saw the fevered images of a time not so long ago, when our lives had been complicated by a single entity. “Just a dream….” I muttered.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
Sleep. It had been evading her for a while now. The safety that she was supposed to feel in these lands had started to dwindle with the invasion which had currently happened. She still hadn't got used to her home here. There were always wings flapping above, but they were not the wings of her hawk. Rasta was definitely beginning to feel forever alone. She did not have her companion anymore. She did not have anyone who understood her. And so her life was beginning to start again. She needed to find a way to start over. She needed to find a way to really begin this new life that she was going to have to accept.

She had needed to leave her family behind, and the memories din't fail to keep her awake at night. So, she decided to start wandering around the lands where most of the other herd members seemed to be sleeping. She would have time to herself. She would be able to contemplate just what was going on. And, so she started to try and memorize the lands as she had done to her river covered lands in the north. The sands made everything feel the same, and she always seemed to end up coming back toward the fire in the middle of the lands. Like a moth she was drawn to the flame and the warmth of its tendrils as it rested against her flesh in an attempt to comfort her.

But, she kept moving. Her frame lingering a bit farther out and turning toward where a grove of trees was. Trees and water. Perhaps now she could quench her thirst and attempt to lay down and sleep again. Exhaustion had taken over completely. That didn't matter, though. She just kept pushing forward and forced her legs to keep moving. She could feel a pair of horses near the tree, both of them with massive wings. But, she didn't say anything. She didn't want to disturb them if they were asleep. Instead, she just stood by the water and allowed her crown to dip into the cool liquid to take a drink and quench her thirst. And then, allowed her sad gaze to peer out into the horizon, memories flooding her brain.

Alone with half a soul...

383 words
lol. rasta thinks he's still asleep
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midasthe one to see you through your darkest times

Orange plumage shifts subconsciously toward me. She inches along the branch, talons bleeding the tree of its fragile bark. "You dream much. Suffer much." I glance up at those raptor pools, they are full of a sympathetic sky. One that was sorrowfully missed. "Share so little." My lips sliver apart into a half smirk that was both bitter and thankful for her concern, "Words fill empty spaces like water spilled upon sand." What good was dwelling on what had passed? No amount of words could alter the prints already marked upon our life, "Yar, but good to talk. Healthy."

I shivered, but not because of the wind across my painted bodice. Her remark was truth. Yet, the soul she spoke to was headstrong, unwilling to burden even the half of what we coupled. A silver mare trailed through the trees, pushing silently past overhanging foliage. With equal silence two sets of eyes followed the lass up to the point she paused for a drink. Watching how I lingered upon said girl with ample enough interest to render our conversation null. Fina scowled and said with a hiss, "Talk to her then. Since thee won't talk to me." There was more than just a hint of hurt in her voice. She crept back into the shadows, fluffing herself into a sulky sleep position.

There was a heartbeat which passed, I might have consoled her ruffled down; but honestly she was right. This night didn't favor our words, and I didn't want to share. Saving the hurt for a morn that hadn't come, my feet shuffled a weighted frame from under the Magnolia. Golden feathers are lax, comfortably resting against my barrel. Softly as one might walk upon earth, I approached the bank. "How fairs thee?"'Her name and face were known to me though gossip; though we hadn't talked before in privacy.

A simple shift of my weight. Every inch of me listening to the vibrations as they radiated across my frame. The sun had gone into hiding, and it's warm tendrils could no longer offer me comfort and companionship as I fought with my mind in its wisping bouts of uncertainties.

I had lowered my maw to drink, feeling the cool water as it ran down, across my vocal chords as I carefully sucked it up. The water was a joy, and had I felt the tendrils of warmth running their fingers against my fur I might have had the desire to wade into it. But, alas, without the warmth there to guide my broken mind I could not allow myself to do such a thing.

No. I couldn't. Instead, I allowed my flints to sink in a little bit deeper to the sand. I allowed them to sink and I allowed my mind to concentrate upon the vibrations and feel those who were around me at this moment. My crown lifted a little as I felt the shift of sand, the sinking of hooves and the forming of a winged-frame. The stag pulled up beside me, his voice breaking the silence that had surrounded me for a long while. "Well enough, I'd suppose, for one lacking wings in a land of those with the gift of flight," I offer, allowing my crown to turn just a tad so that I am facing the direction that his frame was in - blind eyes looking into the distance that is forever present in the black field of my mind. "How are you, sir?" I return, allowing a tiny smile to lift up the corners of my mouth.

289 words
So sorry it took so long >.<"

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

She was a lovely thing, pale as moonlight reflexing the yellow dawn and seemingly as soft spoken as the down feathers beneath my wings. The edges of ivories tighten against my sides, ears slip ahead when her musical voice vibrates across. Her joke about my species causes my lips to spread into a welcoming beam. It was no secret that many of the equine species harbored a slight jealously to our ability—yet, it was also not uncommon for rare and beautiful dragons to only bond with those of equine blood. Fina hissed from a short distance behind; (she cared little for serpent and even less for dragons.)

The quiet lass inquires about my wellbeing. Relaxed façade instantly shifts into one of impending gloom, it was hard to stop myself from stiffening up--she was only returning my question (as was polite.) Golden pools strain to remain impassive, they shift to lock eyes with the small girl--upon catching sight I realize that something was wrong. Curiosity furrowed my brow into a tight knot. Was she…? Color had been blotted out, her star glazed orbs couldn’t see through the darkness at what stood ahead. Quietly I responded, forcing myself to stop staring directly into those elegant yet vacant pools, “I fair well as thee might on a sleepless eve.” This was the first time I’d met someone with a disability such as this, “I’m Midas.” A few childish questions quelled behind my throat; I silenced them and instead waited for her response.

It seemed a smile crossed his lips when I joked about the lack of wings. A welcoming smile, one that I could feel pulling on his facial muscles as I allowed my flints to dig in deeper to the sand in order to take in the world around me just a little bit easier. I could have sworn I'd heard a hiss from the trees behind, but I couldn't be certain.

Respectfully, I returned the question back to him, and that was when I felt something change. Something seemed far more tense than before, perhaps it was his breathing or perhaps it was his muscles tensing - but I could not tell for certain at this moment. On the other hand, I could feel his brow furrowing, at what I wasn't sure, though I assumed it was the possibility of my lack of sight. He says he fairs well, and offers his name. "Rasta, pleasure to meet you Sir Midas." I spoke, twisting my frame a little to line up in a more comfortable position.

"Is something wrong, you seem... tense, for lack of a better word," she whispered, feeling something still off in his frame from how it had been upon his approach. Sightless orbs glancing down to the ground for a second in uncertainty as to how he would react. Some did not enjoy being questioned, but I could not allow one to feel off and not give them an opportunity to try and rid themselves of whatever was bothering them. Perhaps it had been instilled in me, perhaps I had picked it up as a way to cope in this land of wings when I knew I was definitely an outcast.

288 words
Merp. It sucks, i'm sorry. But, needed to get responses done |:

R
take another breathe
Ascended Helovian

Deceased

It would seem the gods took pity on those that couldn’t easily maneuver this world. I was intrigued by her acute awareness, the very breath which came from my chest—each exhale was likely a clue to my emotions that would be riding a face. How my feet stood planted against the soil, and even the firmness of my flesh. She could sense it, I could tell long before the words came to live. Her soft eyes, so unseeing, yet strangely piercing—they seemed to peer past the core and façade that I wore on a norm. “Is something wrong, you seem….tense, for lack of a better word?” Perhaps the lass wasn’t totally blind.

My smile slithered higher before falling slack in a calm but rigid line. “Dreams haunt the night Rasta; tis nothing to worry over…just memories of the past.” A great fault was perhaps a greater weakness, I wasn’t a sharer; I’d never been totally overcome with a desire to surrender my soul completely when it came to troubles. Ktulu had known of a few, but most of our conversations were often turned toward her events—stuff of our daughter and the things that had been missed during my absence. In all my time of courting, I’d never taken the liberty to share.

Not with her, or with anyone. It wasn’t pride, nor fear which held my tongue in check. Wisdom of generations in battle had taught that it was often the downfall of a man to whine about his burdens for the sake of feeling relief; we fashioned a guise that was lived by following rigorous codes and ethics.
Attempting at sedulity I turned the subject, “Was ye born with light eyes or does the world appear dark?”

OCC: No need to apologize, believe me XD