the Rift

[OPEN] Come home. (closed)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
We flew swiftly toward home, neither of us seemed keen on dwelling longer than was necessary in that dark forest. The sky relieved us of dangers for a moment, its cool, whistling wind gave the mind room to breath. Silence brought by altitude and the noise of our feathers gave me time to study this new brother of mine. He was surprisingly agile for someone so small and didn't appear to have problems keeping up with a larger steed. Far exceeding my expectations, perhaps behind that reserve of uncertainty was a warrior. A flower that only needed some tending care so that it might bloom come next spring.

The path we took was often flown by many before us, I could have followed it in my sleep. Trees vanished into prairies full of moon flowers that glowed with an enthrall, enchanting light. A pillar of fire, brilliantly bright, shinned in the distance. It glowed as a beacon guiding us to salvation. Soon sandstone and dirt would replace the lackluster grass below, I smiled with tired appreciation as we drew near the border. Another recruitment gone well, another new blood for Kri's ranks.

Craning dark neck to better regard my follower in hindsight, I voiced loudly over the wind, "Welcome home, Amor." He would either succeed or fail, only time would tell. Flat sands spread beneath our hooves to replace most things green; the broken, unfinished eyesore of a wall fell away behind us. Ahead was the Oasis, and the southern sea.
MIDAS & FINAI'm waking up to ash and dust
STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Amor Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Flying behind Midas, I noticed how big his wings were. I loved flying with company again. The wind made flying alot nicer, so I got a little more forward to have some more in my face.

I looked down and saw hundreds of lightbulbs, just before I noticed the giant pillar. Was I gonna live there?

I heard Midas saying "Welcome home, Amor,". We landed and I looked around. I didn't know what to say. I looked at Midas once, then looked back at the landscape. "Wow," I said. It was pretty out here. But I couldn't wait to meet the other horses. I sniffed the ground, just because I didn't know what to do. I looked behind us. That's what I just came from. I started feeling really happy and threw my head up snorting. "Yes. I wanna stay here," I said. I was wondering if I could run into the land to get to see the other horses and play with them. I looked at Midas again. How long have I been standing here? I thought. How long do I have to stand here untill I could run out? It took me a While to ask. "Can I go...?" I looked at Midas with excitement twinkling in my eyes. "Please?" I added to my sentence.
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Our landing was swift, perfected through practice. It felt good to be back upon the soils of my father--something beautifully unexplainable made men and women love their lands. They would relinquish moral hold, and surrender souls for its safety. It was this loyalty I tried to pass onto the new bloods. A man who loved his home, would defend it above all else.

I'd been expecting him to ask for a tour or perhaps comment in a sort of fashion that would extend this meeting; at the very least I expected questions. Nay. He turned those dark eyes back to me, brimming-no, overflowing with excitement. The very flesh upon his chocolate hide twitched as if electrified with a radiant energy. "Yes," he said willingly, "I wanna stay here." Smiling in a way that could only be considered approving I respond smoothly, "I'm glad this home pleases you."

His eyes wander away, likely taking everything all in. One breath later they turned back to me with an almost pleading gesture, "Can I go?" He asked rather suddenly. Amused and at the same time startled by the submissive question, I say nothing for a moment. Thus granting Amor the time to tack on a polite, "Please?" A nod follows, "Aye, you are welcome to explore and get settled in. If you have any questions feel free to find me later." Everyone crossed the sands in a different way; some needed nourishment and rest before being set to task. Others started their work soon after entering the clan, and some never developed their skills. To each their own.

STOCK CREDITS

Unregistered
"I'm glad this home pleases you." The words just kept echoing in my brain, without me listening to them. And then, after I asked my question, Midas said "Aye, you are free to explore and get settled in. If you have any questions feel free to find me later." I won't have any questions, I thought. And if I would, I'd figure out their answers myself.

I looked at the pillar of fire and ran at it, making a pit stop in front. I looked back at Midas and had already forgotten the thought of me having no questions. "What does this do?" I asked. I expected it to do nothing. I expected it to just be stand there all the time. It wouldn't make it less impressing though.

Waiting for Midas' answer, I looked at some other horses out there. Most of them like me, a couple had no wings, and just a few had horns. Those horned ones seemed a little isolated from the others. Would that be because of the herd or did they do that theirselfs? Not that I liked them, but it's not a reason just to not trust them. Winged horses looked just as suspicious as horned, at least, thats what I found. It were the ones that had neither of those things that looked trustworthy. Not that I didn't trust my own race, of course I did. I just thought it was weird.
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Amor took off without so much as a second glance, I shrugged and plodded forward at what most would consider a slow pace. The Oasis wasn’t far off, though its dark bloblike shape seemed more than just a hoof-full of miles ahead; obviously a trick of moonlight. My wings are stiff from all the recent exercise, a bath would do them good. For now, walking seemed like a fair option. By the time I made it to the pillar, Amor was standing as close to the base as he dared, gaping up at it like a star struck colt. Its immense warmth kept us during Frostfall, but get to close and you’ll burn fur and feathers to the point none would ever take root again.

He turns to me expectantly; the wonder why causes me to pause misstep and regard him with a silent question already raising both brows, “What does this do?” Bottomless gems shift to our patron Lord with new found softness and respect. Quietly I answer his question as a mentor might his apprentice, or a Da his child, “It belongs to the Sun; it’s His boon for Dragon’s Throat during these dark times.” Without the energy and light we would have likely lost more lives than just the few missing soldiers, “Recently our land was without both Sun and Moon, cloaked in a stifling darkness. This mighty miracle provided us with light and warmth. He helped our plants find nourishment.” In short, “He saved us,” toward the end my voice dropped to a revered whisper.

STOCK CREDITS

Unregistered
“It belongs to the Sun; it’s His boon for Dragon’s Throat during these dark times.” Oh, I thought. That must be a really important pillar then. If he saved the herd. “Recently our land was without both Sun and Moon, cloaked in a stifling darkness. This mighty miracle provided us with light and warmth. He helped our plants find nourishment.” How did the other herds survive that? Interesting how this kept this herd alive. "That must be a special pillar to you"

I knew I maybe had hit a sensitive subject, so I respectfully did a step back. That seemed the right thing to do. I looked at the pillar full of awe and then moved on to see what more was special about this place, alittle calmer this time. I saw a small group of pegasus stand there, so I stopped walking and looked at them. I need a friend, I thought. Not the kind of friend I maybe had found in Midas, but the kind of friend you ccan spend your whole day with without feeling awkward or getting annoyed by eachother. That's the kind of friend I needed.

I looked at the land again. It eyed peaceful. No one really fighting, not much fear in anyone's eyes. A herd like everyone would want it. In the mean time I had already thought of my position. In my previous herd I was a warrior. Would that work this time? I slowly started to find out that life in a new herd wasn't always about roses. I thought of the other horses. How and in who could I find a new friend? I looked at the pillar. I couldn't do anything funny with that. That'd be rude. And randomly running at a strange horse and start a game wouldn't do anything either.
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
The short lad commented mildly and took a few steps in reverse from the Sun’s holy flames. I sighed and watched him for a moment more before it became apparent that there was nothing more to be said. I started toward the Oasis again. Pleasant nights, I thought inwardly with a strained smile. That farewell sounded hollow in my mind, to many pleasant nights, to many unpleasant nights. Lids slipped down, falling forward to half-mast. He didn’t have any more questions, and I could really use some sleep. Fina cried in the distance, her voice was welcoming to my ears. Quickened pace carried me away from the pillar, away from our new brother. Home.

Beneath the Magnolia tree, Cera and Fina would be there. If the patched child wasn’t patrolling our area. Perhaps I could talk with my wayward cherub, it had been many an eve since we actually spoke with each other like da and son. Lately it felt like speaking with him was similar to conversing with the underling soldiers—a trait that swelled my chest with a bursting pride, and yet, saddened me in the same instant. He had grown right before my eyes. Sprouting into a fine young oak. Each day brought new muscles as Cera trained high above the clouds, sparring with yearlings his age. Testing his might against the world. Soon he would be battle worthy, soon…my son would enter the ranks of our frontline. Defend our homeland against the blasted basin folk. Even kill.

OCC: Midas out.

STOCK CREDITS