the Rift

heaven's doors | open [moved]

Soleil the Virtuous Posts: 40
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 11
ali
Soleil the Virtuous:

Her sides swelled with the foal growing within her womb, leaving her with a gently rounded stomach that foretold her condition. The foal's small hooves bumped against her sides from time to time as she walked. It made Soleil wish that Paladin was there to press his muzzle to her side and feel the movement of their child, but he had struck off to find their daughters and reunite them. With him gone away doing that, Soleil had set off to find them a place to call home. The life of an outcast didn't suit her now as it might have done when she was two or three years younger. She had her children to care for now and she felt that living within a herd would be safer for them as well as herself and Paladin. The mare only needed to find a herd to call home.

Up ahead of her she could hear the roaring of a waterfall. Briefly, the mare was reminded of the waves crashing against the shores of the Tides. She shook her head, ridding herself of the thought of her former home. It was gone and there was no getting it back from the dead. A little ways farther she could see the waterfall and it was certainly a sight to behold. Something so beautiful surely had to be part of a herd's territory. The only thing she needed to do was locate them and ask to become part of their herd. Of course... that would only be if they accepted unicorns. If they didn't then she would be on her way and searching again.

Soleil paused long enough to pick a direction then began walking once more. Every now and again her head would drop and she would snag a mouthful of tender grass After a few more minutes of walking she still hadn't spotted any horses, though she did see signs of them here and there. Finally, the mare stopped. "Hello!" She called out. "Anyone here?" She hoped so and she hoped they were friendly.

Paladin the Valiant:

Paladin's encounter with their daughters had been... enlightening. He then set off to tell Soleil where they were and how old they looked. Ktulu's legs were all healed, and he could not be more excited. However, her dark magic concerned him. Together, he would practice with her so that she could control her painful gift. Why did his genes have to possess such evil?

The remnants of Isilme were still present on his body, though he was mostly healed. As he walked to where he hoped could be their new home, his back, right hip still stuck with a little gimp as the scar tissue slowly broke down. His already battle-worn fur held more scars now, but as long as Soleil could still look favorably upon him, he could not care.

Up ahead, he heard Soleil's voice and stopped to listen. He closed his crimson eyes and let her beautiful tenor bathe him in happiness. The stallion picked up a slow, proud jock, grunting slightly at the pain in his hip but ignoring it. He needed a healer still, but his family had taken precedence. To answer her call, he whickered in his deep, bold voice and followed her scent to where she stood grazing. He was always taken aback by her beauty, especially when carrying his children.

"Hello, Soleil," he murmured as he walked up to her side. He pressed his whiskered muzzle to her side and felt the movement of the babies inside her belly, and his heart throbbed with love that was almost painful. "This is a beautiful place," he commented, walking up to Soleil to breath affectionately on her neck.

Soleil the Virtuous:

The mare's head shot up and her ears tilted forward when she heard the sound of her love's voice. Soleil stood where she was, waiting to see Paladin's dark form on the horizon. She had waited for him many times before and she would continue to wait for him in the future. He was her love and she would continue to see him as such regardless of the wounds and battle scars he wore on his hide. She had her own battle scars, anyway.

Soleil nickered to him when his dark form finally became visible on the horizon. A smile lit her face and she trotted heavily toward him, her intention was to meet him half way, but she stopped short. The foal in her belly had begun kicking, showing his dislike of being bounced around and she could only laugh to herself. The foal she was carrying now certainly was more active than the girls had been. Already she could guess that they would have their hands full with them.

"Paladin." She said softly in return. She turned her neck and touched her muzzle to his. "Did you find the girls?" Her gut instinct told her that he hadn't. If he had found them then he wouldn't be by himself but his demeanor was off. If they remained unfound then he wouldn't be so happy.

Smoke the Wild Rose:

While the mare wasn't particularly close to the visitors to her home, her dragon was. His head lifted at the sound of a voice, and then he sprung from the branch he'd been sunbathing on to fly closer. The image he flashed to the grulla brought surprise and joy to her, and sent her into an easy canter toward them. The blue alit in a tree above the pair, trilling at them in friendly greeting while he waited for his bonded to join them.

The murmur of voices slowed her pace to a walk, but then she could glimpse the pair between the tree trunks, silhouetted by branches rich in the pale green of new growth. It made her smile to see them, and then she stepped forward with a whicker of greeting. "Soleil, Paladin! I see you've found each other, and the Foothills. It is good to see you both doing well!" As she stepped beneath the branch that Zaffre sat upon, he dropped down onto her back and curled up there.

"Are you seeking someplace to stay?" Her gave flickered pointedly and knowingly to Soleil's swollen belly.

Enheduanna:

I was spending the day wandering about aimlessly, for once not hiding to avoid my mother's duties. I didn't think it was really necessary any longer. I was certainly a mare now if I hadn't been before and I needed to start acting like one and protecting my herd, just as I would have to protect my foal when it was young. My red-gold hide was floating, my mane and tail an exact mimic of my mother's as it floated about me in a crimson-gold cloud. I no longer looked like the little filly I had been several weeks ago...or at least I thought so. I certainly wasn't bristling with the hormones of an unsuspecting virgin any longer: Vayu's foal was growing within me every day. I would raise this foal to be great, just like its granddam and grandsire...just like I would be one day.

Today though, was border patrol, what with us still being slightly understaffed in the Warrior section still, and was walking with my metallic sheen and grace when I spotted a tall white mare, much like my mother looked, who was very pregnant and accompanied by a paint Unicorn stallion just a ways away. Well, this was odd, we hadn't had many visitors as of late and we'd never had a horse just walk into the territory and join. Mildly nervous I pick up a floating canter and slow to a stop jut before them in order to avoid hitting them with any spraying dirt. I speak in my smooth voice, "Greetings, I am Enheduanna, or Enna, daughter of Gossamer the Benevolent and Indy the Righteous. What brings you to these lands today travelers?" Perhaps, they would recognize my parents name's as being leads and be careful if they intended harm or something...though with as pregnant as the mare already was I highly doubted this was some sort of a devious invasion plot.

Paladin the Valiant:

Paladin hummed contentedly and felt deep joy as her whiskers brushed against his own, the sensation ticklish. Their exchange of breath was so familiar and so wonderful in his constantly uprooted life. When he asked her about their girls, he grinned and chuckled deeply. "I found them, and they are well. Why we worried about those girls is beyond me because they are incredibly resourceful. I believe our parenting skills should be praised," he commented with mild humor. He sobered then, though, and his crimson eyes darkened. "Ktulu is powerful like myself, and we must teach her to control this magic," he told her in a slightly hushed tone, and for good reason.

The shadow of a dragon shielded the sun for a moment, and Paladin's crimson eyes shot upward, orbs narrowing. Dragons, to his unicorn form, were always an incredible threat. However, this dragon made him smile. He recognized the blue and the silver equine who followed. Smoke. Such an apt name for such a glorious leader. The black dun stallion nickered back to the Wild Rose and walked toward her with Soleil. "I cannot thank you enough for the hope you gave me to recover my family, Lady Smoke," he said while inclining his head in deference.

A place to stay? He looked into Soleil's captivating eyes, feeling his breath stolen from his lungs for the umpteenth time. "I am eager to return to training, and I find my current, idle state rather unsettling." The tall stallion spoke this with obvious distaste and an irritated flick of his tail. "As long as Soleil does not protest, I would be honored to serve as a warrior. The position of leader does not suit a father with so much responsibility, and I fear my methods caused more harm than good back in the Tides." Paladin's eyes grew distant with longing for his old home.

A young, nubile filly of golden color and alluring build approached them, but after a single glance, she was not Paladin's type. Though quite... young, the black dun stallion much preferred his strong, fiery and independent Soleil. No other could replace her, and not even the looks of a young mare could sway his commitment. From the slight swell of her stomach, Paladin thought she might be pregnant, and he raised a brow. When she spoke her heritage, Paladin's crimson eyes widened and he looked at Soleil. Was this young golden mare her sister? He thought Soleil only had a brother. "I am Paladin the Valiant," he replied in his deep, prideful tenor. "I have been speaking with my friend, Smoke, about the possibility of joining as a warrior, but only if my love permits me." He smiled at Soleil.

Soleil the Virtuous:

Soleil smiled and sighed in relief as Paladin spoke of their children. She was happy that they were doing well, but she wished he had brought them with him. She longed to see them. She was quite taken aback when Paladin spoke of Ktulu being powerful and needing training to control her magic. "Magic? What magic does she have?" She had not realized that one of her girls possessed magic. It made her wonder if Ophelia possessed magic as well, but Paladin did not speak of her having any.

Her head turned when she heard her name called and a smile lit up her face. "Smoke!" She stepped forward, extending her muzzle to the older mare. "It's so good to see you again." Smoke had been one of the mares that she wondered about after being forced to leave Isilme. She had hoped the older mare had made it out safely and it was a relief to see that she had.

Moments later another mare arrived and Soleil turned her attention on her. She listened as the other mare introduced herself. It was when she said her parents names that Soleil's expression turned hard. Gossamer and Indy? There was only one Gossamer and Indy that Soleil knew of and they were her parents. Crane had said they were both dead. Either he was lying or the mare standing in front of her was lying, but looking at her Soleil knew the truth.

"Well, then." Soleil began calmly. "If Gossamer and Indy are your parents then that makes you my sister." This Enna looked too much like Gossamer for her to not believe it was the truth. Her head turned and she looked at Paladin. "Yet another of Crane's lies, it seems." She tried to keep the bitter tone out of her voice and was only mildly successful.

"Smoke." Soleil addressed the other mare, her head swinging around so she could look at her. "Are my parents truly alive and well?"

Smoke the Wild Rose:

Their welcome for her was heartwarming, and Smoke smiled in return before touching muzzles with Soleil. "You are welcome, Paladin. I do hope to see your daughters again soon." Her expression brightened as the stallion re-expressed his willingness to become a warrior, but Enna appeared before she could say anything on the matter. She winced at the young mare's bluntness. Well, that was one surprise broken a bit too soon.

Turning back to Solstice, the grulla inclined her head. "Yes, Solstice. Your parents are alive and well, and the political leaders of the Foothills. Your mother asked me to take over the more military side of things, and I agreed. They will both be thrilled to see you again, and meet Paladin and your children." She gently nosed Soleil's shoulder then, before casting an amused look at Paladin. "And as such, I would truly appreciate having you as one of our warriors. We have a few already, Solstice among them."

The mare's humor was overflowing to Zaffre, who trilled softly as he watched his bonded turn to Enna. "Enna, this would be your elder sister, Soleil the Virtuous and her mate. They ruled the Tides back before Isilme fell apart. Where your neices are I haven't a clue, but this is one family that continues to expand at every turn." This last was spoken with a small laugh and a glance for each of the mares' burgeoning bellies. Ah, wouldn't Gossamer be thrilled to find herself the head of a very... diverse family. A flicker of thought to the lounging blue had a message being shot off to Lazulli. Special guests indeed.

Enheduanna:

I realize Smoke is there at last and feel momentarily embarrassed from the incredulous stare I receive from her words. What? I had just been treating them like any other new horses. But then her next words reveal that she knows them well...and then, even more interesting, the stallion who had gazed at me with brief attraction's eyes widen at my introduction..I was suddenly hit with the distinct impression that everyone knew what was going on but me.

I frown for a moment and look between all of them. The white mare looked to be a carbon copy of my mother, but the thought occurs to me that Indy could have had foals with other mares, despite the fact that this makes me shudder. Soon enough though, the stallion's eyes widen at my introduction, the white mare speaks of her being my sister, and then Smoke explains all. It takes me a moment but I finally understand why the mare had spoken my brother's name. She was the lost twin, the one whom my mother often spoke of, worried for, thought about. My big sister. I throw my glance back to her and, with realization dawned upon me, I squeal joyously "You're THE Soleil, the wild, brave, fiery, rebellious twin sister Crane always hated?!?! By the god's you were the filly..well mare now I suppose..I always wanted to be whenever mother or Crane spoke of you, before he abandoned us that is. Oh, I have a big sister! " At long last I meet the fire sister I've always wanted, I can't help myself and I bounce forward, in spite of my pregnancy, and give her an affectionate nuzzle on her neck. Ahh, sometimes, it was good to find family. However, soon enough, I hear footsteps on the horizon and know that will be my mother, called by Smoke, to come to the congregation. Sighing, I move out of the way with a somewhat sarcastic comment, said in a whisper, thrown Soleil's way, " Prepare for the waterworks..". It didn't occur to me that my strong sister would be one to cry at the re-union, that was something left to my family oriented mother. Though, with realization, perhaps once you have a foal of your own you know what it's like to face loosing one. Either way, I didn't much care for tears, especially when I so wanted to still ask her about her life and talk about sisterly stuff with her. Well, here goes, I think, as my mother crests the hill.

Gossamer the Benevolent:

We find the pearlescent mare taking a rare day to herself, to graze and recharge, when Zaffre crested the sky and spoke to Lazulli, both bristled with joy, and Lazulli returned to her in thought, "We have special guests, very special, just west.. Though she questions him further he will not tell her. Curious, the Benevolent sets off at a canter and continues until she crests a hill. The moment her eyes lock upon what seems to be an exact figure of her younger self, though very pregnant, she stops. Her mane and tail billow about her, jewels nestled within, and her hide still shines, thought perhaps not quite as brilliantly as before. However, with her comes the wise carriage of age, the air of authority of a ruler, and fairness of one once passive...though none would guess her healer now.

She consciously thinks, orders her mind to speak, but finds she is at a loss for several moments before she can muster up any semblance of speech. What comes out is a small, raspy sentence, My daughter, you live.

She walks forward in a daze until she gently reaches out to touch her mirror's cheek. The moment Gossamer takes in that wonderful scent, still so unchanged since birth, she knows, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that this mare before her is her long lost daughter. So long had she sought her, worried for her, cried for her, that she had become immune to the thought that she might live and now she buries her face in her daughters mane as tear swell, and breach the confines of her golden eyes. The scent she has so long missed floods her nostrils as nothing but her and her wonderful little girl exist to her. It is the closest she can get to fully embracing her daughter, her perfect daughter, but none looking on would guess that she could get any closer. The horse which had grown within her for 11 months, whose first thoughts she had heard and shard, first breaths she had felt, first steps coaxed, was now back in her life, after so long thought dead. "Oh, my perfect little girl, I've missed you so."

It takes her several moments, but Gossamer eventually returns to the land of the rest of the world and find little Enna, her belly swelling now with her first pregnancy, Smoke, and a unicorn stallion whom she guessed to be Soleil's mate all standing about her. She manages, with great effort and a few snuffles, to pull herself back to relative composure and through her embarrassment smiles at the stallion and looks to Soleil for an official introduction. How she had missed the other three here she didn't know, but at least she could make an effort to look somewhat regal and less the emotional mother...she could already see Enna's look of annoyance, how that filly was going to be a mother she didn't know.

Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

I WANT TO FEEL THE PAIN AND THE BITTER TASTE
OF THE BLOOD ON MY LIPS, AGAIN

Paladin was surprised to learn that Soleil's parents were alive and well, and not only that, but the leaders of this herdland. He blinked and glanced at his mate, wondering at her reaction. Still, Smoke had said something about already having warriors. "Ah... Well, should you ever need another horn..." he offered, though he was obviously distracted.

The young, light colored filly's sudden and dramatic burst of emotional was too much for the hardened, warrior of a stallion. Paladin's crimson eyes widened, and he blinked. Had he shown even an eighth of that emotion, his father would have beaten him within an inch of his life. The memory was dark and painful in his mind. Apparently the filly was Soleil's little sister, and this drama overloaded the poor stallion.

He cleared his throat rather loudly to end the blabbering before seeing a white mare approach who looked so much like Soleil - just older. More emotion began. Apparently she was Soleil's mother, and the entire family was reunited once more - except for Soleil's father. Paladin admitted some discomfort to himself at the prospect of meeting her father; he was still relying on old facts of racism. His pearly white horn was hard to miss. Once the mare stood back from his mate, Paladin bowed. "My lady," he said, crimson eyes slightly walled off in response to the deluge of emotion. "I am Paladin the Valiant, mate of Soleil the Virtuous."

Soleil the Virtuous Posts: 40
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 11
ali

Soleil was taken back by the sudden outburst from the younger mare that turned out to be her sister. The way she carried on about being the Soleil that Crane hated didn't sit well with her, either. She had begun to dislike her brother's ways, but she had never hated him. For some reason she could believe that Crane hated her, though. The last time they'd spoken he'd done nothing but insult her. He'd plotted to overthrow Paladin and take over the Tides, no doubt to start some sort of war. In short he'd done nothing but hurt her so it wasn't a far stretch to hatred.

She could not find it in herself to embrace the younger mare, so instead when she was released she sidled closer to her mate and sought out comfort from him. The outburst was just too much for her along with the knowledge that her mother and father were alive and not dead like Crane had said. Yet another move to try and hurt her, she could only guess. He'd probably done it because he was sore that she had stayed and, not only that, but he was sore that she'd bore children for Terrador and not Aderes.

Soleil leaned against Paladin and rubbed her cheek against his neck. Thankfully he was not prone to reacting to such outbursts. He was her rock and she was so thankful that he was there because she didn't think that she could handle so much at one time alone.

Her mother was the next to arrive and Soleil watched the other mare as she closed the distance between them. A moment later Soleil left her mate's side and moved toward her mother. As soon as they were close her mother's face was in her mane and she could hear the hitch in her mother's breathing that signaled that she was crying. In an effort to sooth her, Soleil rubbed her muzzle on her mother's neck.

Finally the crying stopped and Gossamer seemed to compose herself. Soleil positioned herself by Paladin's side once more and smiled as he introduced himself. "We'd like to make the Foothills our home if you'd have us, mother." she followed up Paladin's introduction.

Smoke the Wild Rose Posts: 128
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 10 Buff: SWIFT
Zaffre :: Common Blue Dragon :: Fire Breath Kachie
It was with an expression of amused pleasure that Smoke slid out of the way of the family reunion in process, falling in beside Paladin to wordlessly offer the stallion her stolid presence amongst this overabundance of tears and emotions. It seemed to her that he could use it.

At last sisters and mother had regained control of their emotions and composures, leaving space at last for the black dun to introduce himself and Soleil to ask for a home here. Dark eyes flickered over to Gossamer before Smoke chimed in. "You and all your children are welcome here for as long as you all wish. And I would greatly appreciate having you amongst our warriors, Paladin." It went without saying that she trusted him more than some of her warriors that were already amongst their numbers.