the Rift

[OPEN] Hail Brethren {Joining}

Pheonix Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The stallion's wing beats were slow and steady as he circled the lovely Dragon's Throat again. It had been ages since he had been here, watching the oasis in the distance and thinking about the life inside of it. Knowing and meeting Africa and Iris, Phoenix knew he already would have two friends upon joining. That is if the leaders of the herd allowed him to become part of it.

Sighing deeply, the dark palomino started slowly descending, nervousness coursing through his veins. Should he turn back? No. He had to be stronger than this. Remembering the first time he came to join, no one came to greet him in the vast expanse of the desert. But now he was coming a second time. He wanted to offer his services. The loner was sick of living a nomadic life. It was lonesome, apart from the few to meet here and there.

The primal instinct in every equine of being part of a group urged Phoenix to join the Throat. All the lovely horses he would meet. Friends he could make (that is if his anxiousness didn't affect his acquaintance making ability). Finally feeling his hooves brusquely touch the ground, Phoenix galloped towards the border, gradually slowing down.

Stopping right before the edge, every instinct told the stallion to turn back, but no, he wouldn't. He did know some horses there, the few that were kind to him and that weren't intimidating. Lifting up his head now boldly, the stallion let out a friendly neigh, a call to those near by that would hopefully lead him in. His vocals were baritone, and silently wishing, Phoenix hoped it wouldn't set another horse to think he was aggressive.

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
There was something stirring in the distance. Rasta was unsure of what, exactly, it was – but she knew that it was there. She slowly began to edge herself closer and closer to the border, listening the beating of wings that seemed to be circling around in the air. More people. More that she couldn’t judge on build. These wings were going to be the death of her.

She wanted to be able to see them, as she had with her hawk. But, no. Her hawk was gone, along with her method of sight that involve the colours and the light. She can feel him land, and with that feeling she tenses herself up along the border. He started to run toward the border, but the closer that he got the slower he started to get. His body stopped right at the wall before he let out a friendly call.

Having been off to the side, Rasta pulled herself around, edging in closer and closer to the border until she stopped right before him. ”Hello?” she asked, before she allowed her audits to perk back up. What was he doing here? Did he want the home she had searched for as well? She could understand the call, the pain. It was forever a struggle for her, to not really know if she fit in there or not. ”I am Rasta – what is your purpose here?” she questioned, shifting her weight ever so slightly as her blind eyes gazed in her general direction but were unable to lock onto his frame.

New member? Or new threat?

269 words

Unregistered
The wait was not long, for within seconds audible hoof beats sounded in the distance, revealing a stunning white mare, her mane softly billowing in the wind. Would the fae rudely shun him, chasing out by their territory? Fear gripped his heart of rejection from the herd. "Hello", the baritone vocals chirped out of his throat, kind and cheerful despite his anxious interior. The woman's voice didn't sound harsh or accusing. In fact, she sounded just curious.

Her ears perked up again, staring at him with milky eyes. Shifting ever so slightly, the fae shot another question at him, still watching him focused on his body yet seemingly in a trance. Was she okay? The realization only hit him a little bit later when Phoenix realized that the woman is blind. Guilt coursed through his body, and feeling slightly ashamed, he took a step back. His cheeks heated up, flaming with embarrassment, and he decided to just answer her question.

I feel so bad for her....Sympathetic emerald orbs stared back at the fae, and with a smile, even though he knew she couldn't see him, he replied. "It's a pleasure to meet you Rasta", his voice didn't waver at all. Finally! "My name is Phoenix," taking a breath and nervously continuing, he finished his sentence. "I'm interested in joining the Dragons Throat's herd", the stallion admitted standing stone still with anticipation in what Rasta was going to reply to him.

[Image: jWPP4oi.png]

Hello. The word was the first thing to reach her as she inched her way closer and closer to where the winged creature was standing. Vibrations shooting up through her legs as she felt all of the tension in his frame. Muscles tensed, trembling slightly in a form of anxiety. Was the stag okay? Was someone coming after him that he was so worried about his safety he had decided to come here?

And, as she gazed at him, awaiting his reaction, she could feel a sudden shift in his frame. His entire body flexed in order to take a step back as if there was something wrong with her. As if she carried the plague itself and her curse of blindness would descend upon his soul if he got too close.

Sadness twirled around in her brain, dropping her head ever so slightly in dismay that no one could ever truly act normal around the one who was blind yet actually carried more sight that some of the others who had the gift of seeing the colours. He stared back at her, a smile twitching on his lips before his baritone voice pulled back out into the sky. Pleasure to meet her. No 'miss'. Finally, someone was not placing her at a higher level of authority than she was.

Pheonix. She repeated the names in her cranium a few times, feeling his inhale and the slight tremble of the intake of breath before he allowed his voice to pull back out again. He would like to join. "Pleasure is mine, Phoenix," she offered, gently tilting her head to the side. "You would like to join us. Well... in that case. What might you be willing to offer us, sir?" she questioned, flicking her tail to the side.

If he really felt like she was the plague, she was prepared to be questioned with what she could offer. After all, what really can a blind mare offer other than bumbling steps and the ability to run into a bunch of useless objects. But, oh, if only he realized she wasn't as helpless as one might believe...

368 words
Sorry it's taking so long. School is taking a toll

two feet standing on a principle
two hands digging in each others wounds
cold smoke seeping out of colder throats

darkness falling, leaves nowhere to move

chunga-stock | prints-of-stock

Unregistered
Visibly seeing the pain on the white fae when he took a step back, the male gave a sympathetic smile, knowing Rasta couldn't see him, and he took a step closer. How many other horses have tormented her, knowing of her disability? How cruel could a mind get to torture such a kindred soul? Watching as there was slight shift in her stance, her head drooping the slightest bit lower, Phoenix felt the urge to nuzzle her and tell her, It is okay.

"I'm sorry if I have offended you by stepping away", suddenly speaking out, he felt like taking another step back, embarrassed by the fact he couldn't control his tongue. "Have others been....cruel towards your..blindness?" Pausing and talking, Phoenix had never felt stupider in his life, bringing up such a topic that already seemed to depress her. How he wished to tell Rasta that he didn't care if she was blind or not, that he still thought she was friendly and normal, like the rest of them. He would like any horse anyways, with out sight or with.

Offering another smile and glancing at the mare with emerald eyes, he spoke up again. "I'm sorry for that. But yes, I'd like to join, Miss", forgetting his manners, he added Miss at the end of his sentence. "There is a lot I would like to offer. I would like to serve as a fighter, a warrior of the Throat. My previous knowledge on warfare could serve helpful along with my skills. Isn't it good to have extra help when defending against invaders?" Chuckling at the end, the stallion felt as if it was not enough.

"I also will offer friendship to every other equine here, and loyalty to your leader and herd", finishing up, he gazed at her. Despite Rasta's calm and friendly voice, she could always snap and swat him away like an annoying fly. Watching her, Phoenix could tell she must have faced many obstacles in life. But seeing as she trotted all the way over here on her own, the mare must not be as disabled as she seems. Sooner or later, Phoenix would tell her the truth. He didn't think of her as a disease, or something nasty. He regarded her just as high as anyone else.

ooc: Totally understand. ^^ Sorry for the crap post. :c

A tiny smile seemed to form upon his maw as he inched back in closer to her. She didn't react, he seemed to have notice her mood shift she had tried to hide. Oh, but it had been so long since she'd needed to keep the facade up. The mare had been trapped in a cave so long with no friend but sarcasm, it was no wonder that keeping her emotions to herself seemed to have been tossed out the metaphorical window.

A short breath in. A short breath out. And then words were tumbling from his maw in a torrent of uncertainty. Her head lifted, tilting to the side a little. "No harm, no foul." She responded in a whisper as he questioned if she had been taunted or treated cruelly because she had been blind. Blank eyes blink in his direction, her maw opening ever so slightly in surprise before she gently bobbed her head. "Words have been spit, taunts thrown, attacks splayed. Nothing I haven't bee able to overcome..." she said, her voice on the thin line between breaking from the emotion or falling stoically robotic to avoid the memories that easily filled her mind at those thoughts.

She paused, Rasta's frame standing a little taller as she tossed a question toward his frame. He apologized, and explained that he would like to join. Manners falling into his speech, whether forced or not she could care less. He would like to serve as a fighter - a warrior. Saying it was good to help defend against any invaders, and then he also said he would offer friendship, loyalty to the herd and its leaders. "Well, Pheonix, I cannot say you would not be welcomed here. Extra help is always appreciated, and you seem strong enough." she said, her voice returning to its normal velvety chords. "This way, please. Welcome to your new home..."

And, slowly, she started off toward where the bonfire rested at the center of the lands. Where the constant tendrils of warmth offered comfort. To where more members of the herd might be able to meet the new member.
365 words
Sorry that took so long. Requested a Rank change to Dragon's Throat Stallion.
And that can either end the thread, or go a couple more posts - whichever you'd like <3

Unregistered
As if he could make everything more awkward! Why did he have to come in asking stupid questions and making stupid remarks. All he wanted to do today was try and make a friend, but even then he screwed up. "I'm sorry", Phoenix's voice was barely above a whisper, filled with sympathy and the support that a friend would be willing to give. "And they won't be directed towards you anymore. If you don't mind...I'd be willing to be your friend and help protect you from such nasty habits of those monsters", he spoke. "No one should have to go through such foul treatment", his baritone vocals were building up with a foreign feeling of anger, a word that was barely used in his vocabulary.

Of course it truly did infuriate him how horses could be so foul to their brethren. Rasta shouldn't have been put through the torment so she would just brush it off like this. No one deserved it. Taking a few sharp breaths, the palomino started calming down, and stared at her with cool eyes. For the moment he had been waiting for, the male's heart started to calm down after reaching a climax of anxiousness...He was accepted to the Dragon's Throat! A sigh of relief sounded through his body as he shut his eyes momentarily. This was his one chance to get over his anxiousness.

"T-thank you so much", stuttering slightly, the brute was overcome by emotions. He felt safe and loved now. "I've been dreaming of this moment", the stallion's voice softened once more, something hard to witness. Following Rasta's delicate frame, his thoughts wandered once more to the horses living here. "Rasta...how big is the Dragon's Throat's herd?" Quite the stupid question, but nerveless, one a nervous lad like him would ask.

ooc: could we continue the thread a little bit more? <3 Sorry for the wait... ^^"