the Rift

[OPEN] Let's End on a Good Note [Mirage]

Harmony Posts: 137
Deceased
Filly :: Equine :: 16.4 HH :: 5 § Frostfall
Wild.
Harmony
you had me like a wrecking ball

It was time for me to bid farewell to the herd I have known since the time I have arrived here. It was only polite in my eyes to leave on a good note, although I was walking away to one of their enemies. Friendships are important to me, and I respect the midnight Equine, Miss Mirage. It would be disrespectful not to say goodbye, to tell her I am very sorry of wasting her time, and I am sorry that I have not found a place within World's Edge. Really, I had hoped I would make a few friends, with none but the smallest luck. I have always dreamed of becoming something, but this herd just felt like it had nothing to do for me. I must sound rude, ignorant, or possibly selfish. But, for once I can think about myself. Having friends, beings to talk to, is very important to me, it's one of the only things that keep me living. Here, I couldn't find that. I didn't feel accepted or connected to any of my herd-mates. So really, there is no point in me staying here.

My muscles flex as I move through the now lush undergrowth. My orbs scan the area ahead of me, recognized as my old home. Slim trunks rise from the ground and reach to the heavens. Small bushes that bare berries, and lush, long green grass. Here, it is obvious that the Earth God has returned. Blessing this soil to help produce foliage to help the beings that live on it's surface carry out their lives. My thick pillars and clefts work together to keep me going, for I am easily tiring. My scenters flaring, my harks perked, I decide to take a break. Lifting my maw to the God's above, I let the cool night air flow into my nostrils. Along with it, there is no scents. Slowly, I bring my maw to the ground, disappointed. As I eagerly munch on the green blessing, my mind whirls. The slightest of creak sends my dome flying into the air, and my orbs scanning from left to right, front and behind. Sighing, I notice it was none but a small blue jay, perched on a slim twig spouting from a small tree a few fox lengths to the right of me. I stand there, wondering if I should call for someone, only in a few moments do I speak her name.

" Mirage? "

{ Anyone who wishes can join this thread. To say goodbye to Harmony, if you knew her or not. All attitudes welcome xD I don't mind if your charrie chews her out for leaving to an enemy, just make it interesting <3 }

@[Mirage]

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
Mirage knew all too well the feeling of hopelessness, helplessness that could consume one. She had felt it after Torasin had died, and then Solstice too, and now with more herdmates being declared missing, with the death of the soldier she had been fighting, with everything that had unfolded, the mare wondered how it was she gathered the strength to stand upon her sturdy legs. And yet, here she was. Standing alone, albeit for her dragon, in the wake of seeing the great Goddess of the Moon. Though the Goddess stood for darkness and wind, the world seemed duller, stiller as she faded from sight, and so Mirage merely blinked dumbly at the mists as they folded back down on themselves, realising with a harsh slap in the face that reality awaited her outside of the surrealistic world her meeting with the Goddess had been.

After departing company from her sister and the young mare who lingered there, the WeyrLeader and her dragon walked the mists of the land, feeling a new magic awaken within them. As she walked with the mists, she seemed to become the mists, a magic similar to her illusionary magic and yet completely different. It crawled up her legs, across the tendrils of her mane and tail, along her hide - and yet she shrugged it off, preferring her whole form now, even as she nursed tender muscles and bruises. Akaith murmured above her, taking to the skies. Tell me who is hurt, and where they lie. Mirage requested of her golden companion, who swiftly disappeared in the darkness and mists of their home. The peculiar jewel that now rested about her left foreleg shimmered in the night, its sheen seeming to take on the very shine of the moon itself. The DragonHeart's steps became smoother the more she moved, until she heard a summons at the borders.

Swiftly she moved, her motions seeming to become foggy, like the mists that decorated her home. Who would call to her from the borders of their land? Overhead, Akaith was scouting the region, and so she sent an image of the young mare back to her. Was she familiar? Yes, it was Harmony, the youth she had met in the company of the Moon Goddess herself. Why then, would she stand at the borders, like a stranger? "I am here," Her voice was hushed, her steps slowed and controlled, as the mists seemed to flow from within and around her. "Harmony, I am sorry we have not had a chance to speak before now." The tones were laced with genuine sincerity and regret. The duties of a leader called to her more often then not, and made her miss out on building relationships with those her other faithful members had recruited. Have we truly grown so large that I do not know half of those who call my home theirs as well?

@[Harmony]
Mirage the DragonHeart

image credits
table by whit