the Rift

&&Oh baby. Even fairytales will be jealous.

Rumplestiltskin Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
&&OH,BABY. EVEN FAIRYTALES WILL BE JEALOUS.

I trudge wearily through the forest, bored of the sparkling innocence that the persistent moonlight brought to my surroundings. Bring back the harsh daylight, for although bright, it didn’t quite have the beauty of the forest basked in a pearlescent glow. The ethereal shimmer brought pain to my blackened pools that made me squint and gave me a tenacious cranium ache. I snort in exasperation as I pass under a branch that decides to drop dew onto my cranium. Shaking myself and trying not to shiver, I continue.

Not sure what exactly I am looking for, I have been travelling for a fair few moons. Walking blindly, just trying to leave behind the alien emotions I had been feeling, for that golden femmora Belle. I couldn't understand how I had let that particular damsel in distress get to me, for I do not have any patience for those who cannot look after themselves. But she had clearly been different; the one with pelt of treasure and the eyes of the ocean, the harlot had led me down her path, from which I could now no longer escape. I still dream of her at night, and I still think of her in the day. Her innocent dial and her mesmerising pools haunt me, to the extent that it makes the lump of charcoal that is supposedly my heart twist like a dagger; leaving me nearly collapsing to my knees. These emotions just wouldn't do anymore, not for me.

Love is for the weak, the foolish, and the ones who have nothing better to live for. The concept of relying another for self-worth, happiness or even protection is plain ludicrous. Love is for those who have given up on finding the meaning of their own life for themselves; they decide to let someone else do it for them. And guess what? It always ends up as a compromise. The meaning of your life, surprisingly isn’t the meaning of somebody else’s. So why let them choose it for you? Exactly. You shouldn’t. I refused to let the vixen that had taken my morals and twisted them on a dime take any more control away from me. I would gain back everything and more beyond, if it took my last breath away.

Without realising it, I seem to have entered into what seems like some proper herd lands. I wonder who I can find here to get that jezabel from my skull. Someone lost, distraught and weak whom I can cosy up to and bleed them for all they are worth. Just like I should have done to Belle, rather than letting her keep the sprog that I had a rightful claim to. I needed a new victim. One to toy with, one who was so broken they would believe anything and take anything you offered as a way out. I needed to see the look in another’s eyes when they realised that I hadn’t been their saviour at all, rather I had been their grim reaper.

I glance about my surroundings, they don't look familiar to me, which suits me just fine. Plenty of new souls to corrupt, rather than the old tired ones that I had kept coming across before. It is no fun trying to play games with someone who has nothing else to lose, for they had already played and lost.

I let out a loud bellow, letting anyone close by that I have arrived, and that I want some attention...
"Speech" Tagged: Open! Notes: I brought him back xD Count: 581

Orinthia Posts: 132
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 17 hands :: 4 years
Orinthia
Flowers were supposed to be blooming everywhere, letting their sweet scent waft in the air for everyone to rejoyce in. Bees should've been buzzing around and bathing in the sweet sunlight, but there is only eternal darkness now, and I am only led by the light that the moon sheds. Flicking my long onyx tail, I wander further into the deep forest that I've grown to love. My emerald orbs still flashed in the darkness, slightly wary of my surroundings and what dangers could be lurking in the unilluminated shadows.

It wasn't that I hated the dark, no. An adventerur like me had to be fearless and had to be set to travel in any sort of condition. But I was starting to miss the sunlight despite the fact I could be spotted in the distance like a white stallion in a dark forest. There was a strange sense of superiority when I was shrouded in the darkness, when I could watch everyone. But I am a kind soul, not a cold blooded killer.

In the midst of my walk, my audits pricked up when a bellow rang through the forest, completely catching my attention. There were more horses wandering the place. Smiling and picking up my pace, I curiously trotted to where the sound came from, eager to see who was traveling the forest in these darkened times. Had the gods turned against us? Hopefully not.

Now at a quick trot, I slowed down to see a golden body not to far away with an onyx mane and a powerful body. Putting on a kind grin, I walked up to him stopping not too close to him. "Hello", my vocals were somewhat shy, but in a way not submissive. "I am Orinthia. May I ask how you came upon this place?" Questioning but not accusing, I awaited the stallion's reply. Hopefully it would be a new chance to make a friend.

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit

Tensions ran high, ever since our borders had been threatened. My beloved was pushing herself further and further with each passing hour, forcing herself to be fit for any future threats. The ability to heal with sunlight was still beyond her reach still, but the weather which patterned her hide had returned, albeit faded and difficult to see in the moonlight. The magic that allowed her to shift the weather patterns around us had not returned, though the wind did fill her wings more easily than before. I clung to her back with tooth and claw, as we flew over the borders, again and again, observing the ruin, the incomplete wall, exercising, forever improving fitness.

Do not push yourself to break, I say to her, through that connection only we share. As always, I feel her reaction to my voice, the rich tones that sound so much like her father, the warmth and affection that springs up in the very fibre of her soul as she hears it, feels it. I will push myself until I can be sure that we never lose. Her reply, somewhat haughty, came back at me. She was a stubborn creature, stubborn and bold, refusing even my request. Let us travel elsewhere then. There are guards enough here. I left it unspoken, that we could do little to heal now, with the absence of the Sun rendering her powers obsolete. The annoyance at not being able to do anything rolled through her still, and a growl vibrated in my throat in reaction.

Still, it spurred her to change our course, and so north we flew, and then east. The thoughts running through my beloved's head were unsettling. And where will we go, my little cloud? I asked, for as we reached the Threshold, she did not seem content on slowing, but rather on continuing through, to lands beyond. Wherever the hell I want. Father travelled most of his life. Once again, the stubborn, irritated thoughts pounded against my skull. Our home is here. I murmured quietly to her, hoping to calm her raging soul. She was as temperamental as the weather, one minute a raging tempest, the next a cool breeze.

Do you think the Sun rises beyond Helovia's borders? The question surprised me as much as the change of tone. We were gliding now, easily swooping over the Threshold, but her attention was on the horizon beyond. I felt her gaze attempt to see the Sun beyond that horizon, to see whether the Gods of Helovia affected the rest of the world. I do not know. I replied back sadly, hoping that my beloved would decide to land sometime soon. I was tired of this game, this flight, and I could feel the fatigue rotting in her bones as well.

Soon, we did land, with a light thump on the ground. I rose from my crouched position on her back, and before leaping down, I stretched a long, elegant gesture along her spine. With a spark of her normal resilient self emerging, she laughed as she shook me off, my wide grin responding in kind with glittering teeth and a wagging tail. My paws met the earth easily, my form trotting off into the surrounds. I was hungry, and the Threshold often held creatures suitable for my consumption. At the back of my mind, I was aware of Cirrus' ventures elsewhere - she was as disinterested in my hunting for game as I was in her eating of grass.

With ears pricked, my beloved happened across a meeting, stumbling into view just in time to hear the introduction of a dark mare, as well as a intriguing question. "I would assume he walked here." Her sly reply came, an easy grin upon her maw as she boldly walked towards them. "Given that he doesn't have wings," she added by way of explanation, nodding her tiara in greeting to the duo. "I'm Cirrus, of the Dragon's Throat. Who might you be?" An easy smile coated her lips, as the young belle stood before the gathered with the stars upon her pelt, and blue skies in her eyes.

child of the sky
bg - table - manip
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
    Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
    Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
    HEART SICK_AND EYES FILLED UP WITH BLUE

The sun doesn't set anywhere. There is one place surely where it has settled, but there it remains like something felled from the sky and swallowed by the sea. With its burning beacon extinguished darkness has spread outward, like the ocean rising up to spill across the rocks once the lighthouse burns out. Somehow something as simple as light managed to keep all the dreariness at bay, and now? Now it leeches into the atmosphere like a disease with only the blinking stars to nettle it's dominion.

There is no light to be found beyond, for it was from there that Ampere had waded through the murk of the eternal night to come here, to the path of the sun. Yet no sun awaited the end of the trail, much like the hollow tale of a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. We all need a good snipe hunt now and again, so the universe seemed to feel.

There was some hope though wasn't there? That's what the stars were meant for.

"A shame he didn't," a voice drawled from the trees above which the small group began to gather. Within their depths Ampere was perched, or rather lounging, upon the large boughs of an old pine tree, which happened to be stationed beside a young, vibrant, orange tree. Heralding the return of some other sign of hope - a god that Ampere did not hold faith with perhaps - the ground began to flourish. If the glowing trees were not peculiar enough this midnight blooming surely was, but at some point you must adjust to the broken reality of a changing world or risk the inevitable spiral into insanity. Ampere chose to believe the world was crazy than deem herself as such, so she did not question the nightly bounty. It was much easier to partake of it anyway.

"Come in on wings that is," she clarified, her voice followed by a long, drawn out sluuuuuuuuuuuurp as her mouth carved around the rind of an orange and her tongue flicked out the juices. A few droplets of the orange rain may have tinkled down below, but soon enough the whole fruit would fall, perhaps, hopefully, striking Cirrus on her head.
    "He'd be quite handsome with a pair," Ampere continue on after licking her lips clean. She giggled in the tree tops which soon began to sway. If you couldn't already spot her a flash or two of blue or black was surely easy to notice now. She wasn't trying to hide though, well at least not now.

Abruptly all the commotion ceased. There was brief and likely thankful silence from her, but as any tender moment proves to be, it was fleeting. A wide grin soon flashed through the trees as Ampere's head poked through the foliage. Her mane unslung from her neck like crows wings stretching for flight, but instead of flapping it swayed and danced in the forest breeze, soft as spider silk. The wide smile on her maw sent wrinkles crunching around her electric gaze which settled upon the most handsome stallion rather primarily - though she did spare a glance to the two mares, especially the one she aimed her sticky grenade at.
    "Not to mention then you could join me up here." That neon stare all filled with blue shorted out briefly as she tossed him a wink, that momentary absence of the mega-wott color seeming to enhance it all the more when next it blazed free. "Pity." The pout pulled her lips into a pucker and it set the lightning on her cheek dancing, much like the heart in her chest and the heat in her loins.

A M P E R E

plaguedog.deviantart.com

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
    Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Unregistered

My bellow for attention didn’t go unnoticed for long it seemed. Not more than a few minutes passed when the sickly sweet stench of a vixen entered my nostrils. I could hear her dainty footfalls on the ground long before I saw her. Dammit. This one was going to be no fun at all, I could tell from her soft gentle tones. Though they had a slight edge to them, she would be way too easy to break for what I wanted right now. I needed something long and drawn out. If you had the patience, the long term game was always a far more satisfying pursuit. But, she was here now, so I couldn’t be rude, could I?

But no sooner had I opened my maw to reply with some heavily sugar coated lyrics, a voice came from the shadows, feminine in origin as far as I could tell, and slightly mocking. She was mocking me from the darkness for my lack of wings. Her notes quickly filled my nostrils. A younger perfume this time, sweeter, slightly more pungent, followed by that of what stank of canine, wolf perhaps. The hairs on my neck stood on end, I didn’t have a good past record with wolves.

She pulled herself from the obscurities whilst introducing herself as Cirrus. My obsidian gems drank her in, her lithe filly form, her smoked blue pelt and the unfortunate hound that trailed behind her. My harks flattened slightly and my ivories knashed within my dial at the sight of the wolf like creature. Though it seemed to have some form of bond with the youngster, I still didn’t quite trust it.

Despite the flea bitten one however, I could only marvel at my luck. Barely an hour in these new lands, and here was I, surrounding by not one, but two wenches, awaiting my acquaintance.

“Well good evening Dearys. A pleasure to meet you I’m sure. Orithina, Cirrus. What pretty names you both have. My name isn’t quite as handsome I’m afraid, for it is Rumplestiltskin. I am merely a weary traveller, pausing for a breath in what are clearly your lands. I pray I am not intruding?”

I nearly jumped out of my pelt as yet another harmony came from up above. Yet another jezebel had come to join the party, though she seemed to be determined to stay in the tree tops. Her lyrics drawled her way to my harks, and again she seemed to be mocking me. Damn these pegasi. They were really starting to get my goat. What gave them the right to mock me?

Having said that however, I couldn’t help grinning as the one from above intoned that I was clearly handsome, though I seemed to be missing some appendages to join her in the skies. It boosted my ego, even though her speech made her sound slightly unstable. As she giggled, I turned my attention to the foliage above, just in time for some orange liquid to rain down on me and hit me square in the eye. Shit. That

The tree tops were swaying alarmingly now, and the occasional flash of cerulean appeared between the leaves, which I assumed belonged her.

There was a moment for silence, until an insane grin flashed through the trees, followed by the vixens head, which turned out to be quite pretty. Or at least pretty for one that was clearly not all there. Her gaze was almost electric, charging the air almost, and it settled on me first and foremost. I couldn’t figure out whether to be nervous or flattered.

“Well now, Deary. Seeing as I clearly can’t join you high above, how about you join us down below? And pray, whom might you be?”

Well what did you know, months of travelling on your lonesome, and in the space of an hour, you were surrounded by wenches. It would seem it really was my day after all..

"Speech" Tagged: Open! Notes: I brought him back xD Count: 660

Hidden Account
    Orinthia
    Not long after my arrival, I heard twigs cracking behind me, and leaves rustling. Turning my head away from the stallion, a gray pegasus mare appeared walking forwards with an amused expression. Offering a friendly smile, I replied to what the mare said, sensing she had a good sense of humor. "Well of course he walked", with a giggle at the end of the sentence, I flicked my tail waiting for her to speak again.

Fixating my emerald orbs on the mare, I took a step closer, unafraid at the notion they would attack me. The two equines before me seemed pretty docile. "It's a pleasure Cirrus. I'm Orinthia, just if you didn't hear me introduce myself before", politely speaking, I shifted my eyes back the stallion. He didn't seem to have a thrilled face, but shaking it off, I really didn't care.

Hearing the pegasus mare, memories flooded my mind again and got me to think about my two friends that live in the Throat. Levi and Lusana. Did they still live in the oasis? A pang hit my heart, and waves of sadness rolled over me. I wished I followed them, but something was holding me back. I couldn't settle yet, not when I had more of Helovia to explore. Besides, I already had a different herd in mind.

Then, appearing at Cirrus's side, I spotted a hell hound. Glaring at it, fear coursed through my veins, but scolding thoughts came up, warning me that not every canine was evil and would viciously maul me. Somewhat calming down, I wrenched my orbs away from the hound, hearing the approach of yet another. The mare's head was sticking out of the foliage. Not trying to instantly judge her, I didn't like her. Of course she was flirting with the stallion. Suppressing the urge to roll my eyes, I forced a smile.

"Thank you", my faced flushed in another heat wave, embarrassed that he called me a 'Deary' along with Cirrus. Yup. Another flirt most likely. "This land belongs to no one. As you see, I am an adventuring soul", flicking my tail, wondering what else he was going to say, I looked at everyone that now joined our little "party". Watching intently, I was being somewhat bored at seeing the cerulean lass hitting on Rumpelstiltskin. Poor Cirrus. What must she be thinking at this point?

Whit

[ Just wanna say guys, in my post above I mentioned that Sitka had wandered away to hunt, so he's not actually near Cirrus or anyone.. ]

My little cloud's taunting words were soon backed up by another voice. Had I been by her side, I might have alerted her to the presence of the pegasus in the tree above sooner. Alas, I was away hunting, and not intending on returning to the side of my beloved until I had eaten my fill, or she decided it was time for us to depart. Spittle and citrus juice dribbled down on her, and had she not already been looking up, the fruit that followed would have clobbered her right against the refined angle of her cheekbone. As it was, my little cloud leaned away from the flying fruit easily, peering up through the foliage above to get a better view of the darkened girl within the branches. A flash of cerulean, I noticed that she held the same eyes as my little cloud, though the thought did not reach Cirrus' mind. She was simply curious who this girl was, with her sassy mouth and easy smile. Flirting wasn't something that crossed her young mind, sexual maturity may have reached her curvaceous bodice but it was yet to make its appearance upon her innocent heart. The other mare introduced herself as Orinthia, Cirrus listened with a vague flick of an ear, and another when the stallion eventually introduced himself as well.

With a name far too long to recall for one just half listening, my cloud soon grew bored of waiting for the tree-born mare to make herself more visible, instead she turned her attention back to the steed. "Stilts, was it?" she asked, unable to recall the rest of his name. "We're in the Threshold, the mere gateway into a land called Helovia. The Dragon's Throat is but one of the herdlands within, though there are vast stretches of wildlands where creatures like that live." She motioned, with a smirk upon her lips, to the belle that was amongst the trees, before tilting her head towards Orinthia as well. It wasn't an insult, so much as a tease, a taunt, perhaps unwisely made. I sighed, distracted from my hunt, and decided to make my way back towards my beloved, and those who were gathered around her. I was a fair distance away still, however, and I did not rush back.

"Are you interested in staying, Stilts?" Cirrus asked, typically direct and forward. The practice of going to the Threshold and recruiting members was not one she was particularly good at, nor even something she did consciously. She barely considered asking the others where their homes where, or if they might have been interested in something other than the wildling life they lived - it simply did not dawn upon her to make such an enquiry. Though the pegasus girl did catch her interest, she wasn't overly concerned about some sassy Outcast throwing oranges in the Threshold.

[ Sitka still is not quite with the group yet. ]

child of the sky
    bg - table - manip
    as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

Well he was certainly less attractive once he spoke, much to Ampere's disappointment. Gaucho could talk sweet to her all day and she's certain that deary would never pop up. The thought of him set Ampere's attention drifting to Cirrus. She could not recall the girl's name, had not been listening, but the name of the land hung in her ears with memory. It was in truth the only reason Ampere had revealed herself. The bay stallion was not the first good looking stud to pass through, and he would certainly not be the last, but the conversation afforded by the throat pegasus was something worthwhile.

The unicorns came... Ampere's thoughts whispered to her mind as images of that fateful day stirred behind her eyes. So many dark shapes crashing over the horizon line, dancing in tempo to the screams of the beaten and the broken. War had come to the Throat, and yet here a member stood, inviting another into their home, and one without a horn no less.
    Had they won?
    Was Gaucho living?

The most important question of all though, why was Ampere so fixated on him?
    I really need to get laid she groaned to herself, casting her glance back to Rumple with a haughty flick. As long as he didn't talk she supposed he would do for the night.

"I think you're missing my point stud," Ampere drawled out again, her tone teasing, but kindly so. She continued to ignore the others, though an ear was turned towards Cirrus, who at least seemed the most tolerable of the two and with a similar mischief streak as herself, which only meant Ampere had someone to out-do. "Up here the only 'us' would be you and me." She sent him another wink, vanishing back into the tree tops with a flurry of leaves. "I'm sure you'll call me whatever you like, but Ampere is what most stick with." she hollered down from the tree tops, running along the branches towards an opening in the canopy.

Cirrus continued to vie for his attention, dutifully serving her herd. Did she even like him, or did she just welcome whoever came though, adding nothing but numbers to the masses? Ampere would never understand the politics of herd life, it all seemed rather silly to have to do things you didn't want to do, or invite people you didn't like to live with you.

A space in the trees appeared and Ampere dropped down, her wings flaring to catch the air for a softer landing as hooves reached out to meet the earth. Ampere shook herself off, some twigs and foliage trapped in her mane alongside her prized feathers - it gave her a rogue appeal, like a sexy wild woman, or perhaps an insane hobo. With a smile gracing her lips as she lifted her gaze towards the gathering she strode towards them, coming from behind Rumple now, her wings folding neatly against her back. "Creatures like this are exactly who you want to spend your nights with," Ampere crooned, slipping up beside Rumple, daring to dance close and brush a shoulder against his hide. "Go home with her and you'll be cold, lonely and ...in war," Ampere cast her electric stare to Cirrus, pointedly looking for a reaction from the Throatling. What would she give away about the most recent herdland warfare? They had won hadn't they? Gaucho was alive, wasn't he?

A M P E R E

plaguedog.deviantart.com

Unregistered

I chuckled inwardly as the equine before me blushed as I flirted with both her and the smoky Pegasus. I cringed as she spoke, calling herself an adventuring soul. She was trying far too hard for my attention, and I found myself even more put off by her than I was the first time she opened her mouth. She wasn’t going to be any fun, she would be far too willing.

“I’m afraid I cant Dearie, what does make you the adventuring soul? As far as I know, you could just live in this place, and never leave.. for I have never seen you anywhere else..?”

I decided mocking this one was the way to go, flirting would only give her the wrong idea. The look on her face as the one above threw down her come ons, was one of disgust. What a Prude. I had to stifle a yawn. Sometimes a prude was fun, breaking them down and awakening the beast within them, but today I didn’t have the patience. Besides this one’s beast was likely only to be a pussy cat.

I turned my attention onto the smoked one, though she was clearly only half with me, with her other half up in the clouds with the one hidden up top. She couldn’t even get my name right for gods sake. I huffed a little bit; I hated it when the vixens didn’t hang on my every word. Mind you, Stilts had a certain ring to it, seeing as my name was rather a mouthful. She could get away with that one I guessed.

“Aye, not quite lass, but close enough. So if you live in this place, the Dragons Throat you say, what brings you here, on this perpetual night? Alone? Surely it’s not safe.”

I smirked a little, for if this was to go my way, it would be me she wouldn’t be safe from, but it wasn’t wise to let her know that this early on. Besides I hadn’t decided which one of the two remaining whores this night would be taking a turn for the worse for. Though given the calibre of the two fillies, they could well take control of the evenings proceedings instead. That was fine by me, I had all the time in the world to entice some poor soul into my web and store them like a spider stores flies when they are quite hungry enough yet..

My harks pricked as she directed a question at me, asking me if had any intentions of staying around this place.

“Well if the residents of this Helovia place are anything like you three, then it would be rude to leave, don’t you think? It would be like turning down the pearly gates for the fiery ones. What did you have in mind, lovey?”

This came out as more of a drawl than my normal charming harmony, I couldn’t help it, the endless possibilities were exciting me.

Yet again, mocking tones floated down from the trees, focussed only on me and not the others, which suited me fine. I listened with heightened anticipation as her forward remarks made their beautiful way to my harks. She winked and quickly retreated back into the foliage, and it took all of my self-restraint not to follow her, but I couldn’t be rude and put all my eggs in one basket, now could I?

“Ahh Ampere, what an inviting suggestion, but pray that would be rude to our other company, don’t you think?”

My charming velvety soprano had returned, weaving its way round the whole group, trying to capture all of their attention, though I was really only talking to Ampere.

Finally, the cerulean winged one dropped to the forest floor, allowing me a proper look at the beauty. Her eyes, violent shocks of blue, so bright that they almost caused me to squint, and an lithe bodice, pelted in obsidian, and flecked with azure, she was a sight for sore eyes.

“Ah finally, my dear. I get a proper look at you.” I spoke, as she slid herself in next to me, glancing past my shoulder, causing me to groan slightly, just loud enough for her to hear, at her blatant sexuality.

“Do I sense some herd politics here? Now, now, girls, let’s not ruin the festivities with petty squabbles! Far more fun to all get on, don’t you think?”

I had a spark in my eyes and my dial was buzzing at the prospect of the night that stood before me…

"Speech" Tagged: Open! Notes: hes going to get torn apart by these three! Count: 756

Hidden Account
    Orinthia
    "Well, what do you think makes an adventuring soul?", my tone was mocking, returning Rumplestilskin's favor. Giving him a coy smile, I suppressed the urge to roll my eyes. Well, even though I could be pretty darn naive, I also had the capability of being a flirt. Innocent didn't mean I wasn't intelligent. Internally chuckling, I decided to finish my sentence. "I haven't seen you around these areas either.For all I know, you might be keeping tabs on all the newcomer ladies, enjoying yourself sleeping with all of them", blood started rushing through my veins. Did I really just make that comment?

I clamped my mouth shut as the stallion addressed the other ladies. I really didn't care, but I had to keep myself from making snide remarks and annoying comebacks. The concept of a fight just made me go insane with anticipation, I loved the rush! "Well if any of the stallions were as gentlemanly as you, I can see why most ladies you encounter will drool over such a handsome stud like you", I mocked some more! Oh how fun. I knew he was mocking all of us. But I could care less.

Ampere finally decided to float down from the tops of the trees, revealing her brightly marked body. Yes indeed she was a beauty, but I was no stallion, nor was I going to admit it in front of anyone. "Petty squabbles", tonguing the words, I decided to keep my mouth shut. Ah, all the comments I could be spilling out right now. "And you, Sir, what is the definition of fun for you?" I questioned once again with a coy smile.

Whit

It was just as the conversation was becoming more heated that my approach might have become noticeable to the more observant souls. I slowed my step, the hairs along my back raising as I listen, now through my own ears and my beloved's the sly comments this stallion insists on making. Though, there is a smirk of amusement upon my lips, for he mentions whether my young beauty of a cloud is safe - little does he know what wanders through the bushes not far from where his plump hide rests.

My little cloud's thoughts are all innocent and oblivious to the overtones - or was it undertones? - of the conversation, her attention still mostly fixed upon the strange girl whose mane bore feathers from various avian relations. Cirrus' own mane held three feathers from her fallen father, though they were black and white, where this Ampere's mane contains an assortment of hues. Cirrus is drawn to them more out of curiosity then anything else - Ampere is by far more interesting than the dull equine beside her, and the new stallion who seemed intent on calling them all smoochey nicknames. Deftly ignoring the query of Rumplestiltskin, I feel a wave of tension roll through her as Ampere mentions war. A snort ripped through her nostrils as she made to reply, her hoof lifting from the ground to stamp down in defiance of her words.

"Whoever thinks a place named for the fire that makes a dragon's breath cold is an idiot. As for war, we beat those stick-headed idiots from the North so far into the ground, flowers are using their horns as pedestals." Haughty and bold, the feathers upon her wings had fluffed up, her mane flapping against her nape as hints of her magic were roused by the strong emotions. It was now that I emerged from the shadows properly, though I still hung back, not wanting to draw all the attention towards myself when so much was still left to be said and done here. I sighed quietly, wondering whether my little cloud would ever figure out that in order to recruit, you had to be nice and polite... Though, she probably thought that that's exactly what she was being.

"As for my safety," she promptly turned back to the stallion, swiftly growing tired of this charade. With a swing of her crown, she pulled the spear from its hideaway amongst her feathers, its wooden shaft still dark with blood, but its silver point ever shiny and sharp. Thrusting it into the ground before her forelegs, she added, "you needn't ever worry about that." Scooping it up again, she turned on the spot, a swift, singular move, and began trotting away. I leapt upon her back as she passed me, flashing a toothy canine grin to those left in our wake. Over her shoulder, the sweet melody of Cirrus' voice cascaded from her maw, "you want a home? Travel South, and perhaps our leader will hear your plea."

And then she was gone.

[Sorry for the wait guys! Cirrus is gone, it really isn't in her character to linger for long :) ]
    @[Ampere]

child of the sky
    bg - table - manip

• I enjoy being tagged.

His groan passed between his lips like a sweet sound, but by then Ampere had set her attention on the weather girl. She was rousing the stallion only partially for her own pleasure, but mostly to hoard him from the other mares so she could arise some sort of champion. She'd lost so much recently it seemed only right she deserved win something, even if only a night of company.

Warm company, the kind that's given regardless of the chill of your surroundingsm in as much the same way as Cirrus' was sure to provide him the absence of that warmth, heated esophogus of a dragon be damned.
    There's frost dragons Ampere's mind retorted with a pout, the memory of the silver Tinek flashing to mind.

Beyond that comment though, Ampere nearly leaned forward to hear the rest. Cirrus responded like a flame to her flint, igniting with pride and sharing her herd's victory - that was all Ampere needed to hear. He's alive she assumed with relief, glad to be rid of the constant worry she carried since watching the unicorns spill over the horizon. Of course he is, he wears his opponent's blood like cologne. WHat a fine smell he had too...

The sudden appearance of a spear whipping around took Ampere by surprise. She startled slightly into Rumpelstiltskin, subconsciously seeking his protection in a display of her youth. Ampere was not afraid though, and as the situation became clear and the shyness drained from her body she found herself full of curiosity instead.
    What were the odds of finding another horse with a weapon? Her dam had told her such tales of her sire, The Samurai, though he had used a sword not a spear. Still, what had been made clear was how unusual any choice of weapon had been.

It awed Ampere so much that she barely caught word of what Cirrus was saying, but snapped back to attention as a creature leapt upon her back. Her final words trailed into the pegasus' ears just as her gaze flickered blue and hardened, like metal burnt by lightning.

Just go south. Ampere clung to that phrase, sure to meet Cirrus again.

Orinthia's attempt at flirting settled into Ampere's consciousness then as she blinked away her fury, the baby blues melting back into the neon glow of a motel sign. Ampere shifted her gaze towards the mare, a sloppy smirk settling under her eyes. She had to admit she was impressed the girl was still trying, but that was not the same as enjoying.
    "A pointless question to ask a stallion mare," Ampere addressed her with a flat tone that matched the hard hold of her stare. "You're adventure ends here. I'm sure I hear a new one calling you somewhere else. You should run along to it."

A M P E R E

plaguedog.deviantart.com