the Rift

[OPEN] youth.

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy

she wants to go home, but nobody's home

It is cold, her body shaking as she walks. Her eyes of green flicker, the only color in this barren scrap of land. The earth beneath her hooves was coated in layers upon layer of solid ice, a frozen base of ice and snow. She felt the ice beneath her cracked daggers, ice so cold it could freeze one by touch. Her banner waved, valiantly, it was a long, luscious color of the night, jagged waves of the silken locks scattered in the wind. A cold air seeped around the thin bodice as she roamed, a streak of drift wood across an ocean blue. The moon so full, on this endless night. A beam of silver light bathed the babe, a pristine color shimmering down on her pale rump.

With strides so even, a pace so swift, she swept the snow from the earth, her tail swiping the air, hairs streaming in the wind and she galloped. Her youthful, glimmering bodice would soon fade into a worn, fragile frame. She had been living far too fast, her life flying before her eyes, her brain barely able to take anything in anymore. It pained her, straight in the breast that she had not enjoyed her youth. So she decided that on this endless hour, she would throw herself back into her youth.

Skidding to a halt, the fae tensed her muscles, lowering her hind end to the cold ground. Her leonine tail recoiled as it touched the cold earth. She shivered only a second before she released the spring, her body streaming into the air. She raised her head as she soared for a brief moment, landing with grace and agility. She let her cloven daggers hit the ice first, leaving four holes in the ground. She whipped around, galloping into the cold air, stopping herself but allowing momentum to sweep her forward, her thin body streaking by. She slid on the ice, her hooves gliding over the sleek surface. She giggled, her soft laughter echoing in the empty silence. She felt that this was the first she had laughed in a long time, her mouth shooting hot breath into the cold night. She flung her head back as she slid, finally slowing. She straightened herself, her cloven hooves dug into the layers of snow. Shaking the snow from her bodice, the fae whipped around to try it again, a smile on her youthful fem features.

"words words words"

Frost Fyre

It's where she lies, broken inside.

Aleksandr Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The further north I went and the colder the weather got, the more at home I felt.

The steppes were even colder than what I was used to; it welcomed it with my whole soul, or would have, had I had one of such elusive things. Mayhap I did; it may well be in someone else’s body, however, granted, one identical to mine, but as foreign as my own cold breath.

Frost lined my limbs, gathered in my mane, even in the height of summer, and I shivered in both cold and delight.

She was a very pretty child, for no other reason than she was a child – not that I was much older. At three, many would consider me little more than an infant, but I’d never been young – that was my twin’s prerogative, not mine. One of us had to be the adult, no?

One of us had to be many, many things, except, those things rarely intersected.

She was so colorful, though, among the paler steppes, and such youthful energy, that inspired me to do the same. My own pace, which had been leisurely for most of the time, picked up to match hers, and when she spun back and slowed down, we matched.

I wasn’t very close; as usual, I kept my distance; still, I ventured to catch her eye and nod, inviting her for another run – a race, maybe?

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy

She wants to go home, but nobody's home

A dark blur speeds past the fae, her emeralds widening, slowing herself using her split daggers. The blur suddenly matched paces with the girl, and she seems confused, glancing over. The details of the horse were faint, only because of the speed the two flew at. As she slowed herself, the black man slowed with her. She raised her horned brow, not understanding why he joined her. She had not met this man before, he was a stranger to her, her mind finding no memory of him. As she stood to run back and go for another round, he followed. Flicking her ears back, the fae wondered why he was here, following each of her moves.

He stepped into her line of vision and the fae saw him nod his head, as though pleading for another race with only his eyes. Sighing, the fae shrugged off her annoyance and decided to indulge herself in the joys of racing. "Might as well. Lets go." The fae marked a deep dip in the ice, pointing to it with her tail. "This is the finish line." Speeding forward and assuming the black stallion followed. She headed several strides forward of the finish line, making sure this spot would insure a good gallop. "Positions." The fae said, gazing at the black stallion before opening her lips again, the fae began to count down, positioning herself to run forward. "Ready... set... go!" Assuming the stallion was ready, the fae springs forward, galloping.

She swerves, unbalanced by her swift moves. She spins, the world turning upside down as she speeds along, hooves gliding over the sleek ice. She lets her tail stream behind her, caught up in a cloud of shaved ice and loose snow. She let out another soft chuckle, not bothering to turn back to search for the stallion, she closes her eyes and smiles, lifting her crown a little higher. She didn't care who won really, only that she was having fun.

"words words words"

Frost Fyre

It's where she lies, broken inside.

Dawn is coming
open your eyes

Aleksandr Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I loved running, ever since I was born. Might be simply in my blood; we are a hardy lot, us tundra types, born to run and to race and outstrip most of our opponents, whether be another horse or a wolf or a bear.

Today, however, was not a day for competition – I did not even have a second thought before my feet were carrying me across the distance, by her side and close enough to feel the wind made by her body, but not so close that we’d tangle in each other’s legs. Today, overcast as it was and biting my skin with ice, was a day to simply run and enjoy myself.

And boy, did I ever. It had been far too long since I’d chased my brother around for no reason under the sun, and, well, we were evenly matched in all things – we’d usually end up tangled up and laughing until we choked. Gods, it had been far too long.

Maybe it was her youth drawing my own from somewhere within.

Maybe I was just bored. That was possible too.

At some point I lost myself to the racing, head thrown back to the wind and a smile – a smile! Oh, the horror! – crossing my face for a spell before it became neutral again. At some point we crossed the arbitrarily set finish line, and whether she won or I won, I didn’t even know. It didn’t matter; it was just fun, after all.

Of course, I still felt like a creepy old uncle but then; such was my lot in life.

“Thank you for that,” I said, because at least some politeness is required after you’ve run enough that, even under near arctic conditions, there’s a fine sheen of sweat rapidly becoming ice crystals on your face. “I’m Aleksandr.”