the Rift

[OPEN] Rings of Past Fatalities

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

we are like birds of a feather
we are two hearts joined together
we will be forever as one
my brother under the sun </style>

During the journey back home, my leg only seemed to grow more and more numb with every step that it took. The feeling was comparable to a thousand tiny needles repeatedly poking into my knee and hock until there was practically no feeling left at all, but I pressed on towards the Edge, intent to show my newest acquaintance my, and hopefully her own, beloved home.

In the back of my mind, I wondered quietly where Harmony had wandered off to once we'd all separated and gone our own ways. She had said she'd left the World's Edge, to the Assassins of all things, but why? I hadn't wanted to engage her in such a conversation in the face of a newcomer, for that surely wouldn't be the proper way to welcome her to this new, strange land. I knew firsthand how overwhelming it could be to walk out of one life and into another, and I only wanted her to feel as safe and as welcome as I had been upon leaving Vallhea behind me.

"I apologize if Suli startled you back there," I said with a gentle smile, bister eyes turning upon the pale mare I walked with. Though the dragoness had not meant it, it didn't change the fact that the little green had nearly scared Brisa right out of her skin, and I felt the need to apologize on behalf of my speechless friend. As if understanding my words, Suli looked down at me from where she flew and gave a sharp huff. Still young, the dragoness still had quite a bit to learn in the way of manners.

By now, we had reached the borders of home, marked by the scent of my warriors and the thick, ever lingering mists that wove about the trees. It had taken us quite some time to get to where we were, but now, I could finally show why I loved the Edge so. On top of that, I looked forward to learning some more about her, too.

"Well... Here we are," my baritone voice spoke up once again, feet moving to carry us on past the borders, "I know it doesn't look much different than the Threshold given the darkness, but you'll come to recognize the borders quickly. Further north, you'll have to watch your step, as the World's Edge is called such for a reason." And I surely wouldn't want our newest member plummeting over the cliffs and into the sea far below.

Dropping talk of the land until we'd ventured further into it or come across another of my, our herdmates, I directed the topic of conversation on Brisa, hoping that the pale maiden wouldn't mind my curious questions. "... Where did you call home before this, if you do not mind my asking, Brisa? Is it far from here?"

[For @[Brisa] . Takes place after their Threshold thread; this is open for everyone after Brisa posts!]

image by blu | table code by tamme

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Since the departure of the other mares that had welcomed her to this strange place she was surprised that it was the stallion that appealed the most to her when it came to somewhere to reside. Whether it be some long forgotten herd instinct that helped her decision or something else entirely, she knew not. Both others had seemed nice but the thought of living life as what they considered to be their lifestyle choices seemed a little too wild for her liking. It had been quite sometime since she had encountered herd life bet she was hoping that it may provide her with something to adapt to once more. The days of her wandering the lands alone had taken their toll on her both mentally and physically, so to be able to call this place home was a drastic improvement on her luck.

At first she had felt high stress surrounded by many strangers but she had slowly began to feel herself relax a little more with it just being herself and Destrier, oh and Suli as well. The small dragon was a little unnerving with its quick movements and rather unpredictable behaviour but she was finding herself curious as to what exactly dragons were like normally. Her gaze wandered occasionally between the green dragon above and the black stallion walking next to her, she really wasn't sure which provided the most brain power to think about and not overreact to as she had before. That little outburst of pent up fear had been rather embarrassing and one she was not wanting to repeat if she could help it. Hearing the apology made her feel even more shame as it was not the dragon's fault that she was so jumpy, at least not the only reason. "No need to apologize, it is I who should not be as..well as jumpy as I am." She replied hastily turning her eyes to the forest floor as they walked.

As they walked slowly towards what she assumed to be the homelands she started to grow a little nervous as what it was she was walking into. How many others would their be in the world's edge? Well it didn't really matter she would have to meet them sooner or later she might as well suck it up and get the worst of her fears out of the way. If she was going to live in a herd she would have to get used to being around other horses again without freaking out about the smallest things and movements. It was the stallions who caused her the most worry, it just was not that easy to just get up and drop her past and forget about everything other stallions had put her through. Just one step at a time, thats all she could do other than to live in solitary confinement. If she could manage to warm up to Destrier in such a short period of time surely she could manage to hold her own around others.

As the lyrics fell upon her ears the fae made many mental notes trying to remember what she was being told now. It was almost like your stomach's capability to take in food, there was only so much you could put in at a time and her memory was about full for the day. She doubted that she would be going too many places on her own for awhile, at least until she managed to adapt to her surroundings and develop some sense of direction and location. "... Where did you call home before this, if you do not mind my asking, Brisa? Is it far from here?" Flicking her ears to catch the question it took a moment to develop a response that would suffice.

"Many of the places I have been I do not know the name but there has never really been somewhere I could consider home... Well maybe there was a place at one time but that was many years ago in the land of feathered hooves." She said quietly, surprised that she could remember the name of where her father's herd had resided all those years ago. It had been the start of her nightmare so really it wasn't all that easy to just forget where it all began. "My family once resided there but then... well things happened and I ended up alone just wandering from place to place.." It was difficult for her to repeat the basics of her life but she knew that it had to be done. Her blue eyes misted over as she thought back to the pasts painful memories. Once again she took to trying to focus on her surroundings to distract her thoughts, but it was not the land that seemed to draw her attention. Destrier was her object of interest but she couldn't bring herself to admit she was placing her life with that of a stallion.

His jerky movement had caught her eye long before now but it had taken some time for her to clue in to the actual cause of his pain. His leg was the issue and her ever curous mind wondered what it was that had happened to it. "Your leg, umm what happened? I mean if you don't mind me asking that is. Does it hurt you that much? Her question was probably stupid considering his limping gave away the pain identification but still she felt inclined to return his question but never really expected an actual answer. She couldn't help but feel concern for her new friend, maybe there was something she could do to help ease his pain? What she had no idea but the thought was there. What reason did he have to open up to her after all? She was already getting her hopes up, but how much of her past would have to be revealed before she earned the trust to receive such information?

TAGS: @[Destrier] OPEN
WORDS: 970
NOTES: <3 I love rping with this mare, she is so much fun.

Table and Image by Moonstone Designs
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Hellena Posts: 64
World's Edge Seer
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 26 Buff: NOVICE
Whit
There was movement in the woods. Shadows, darkness, silver light from the Moon above, all convoluted, dancing, swirling, swaying, carved by the contours of the breeze that whispered through the thick trunks. Mists seemed to move of their own accord, not by the wind or the weather, their foggy touch breathed with a life of its own. The shapes it carved were the shapes of those who resided here, in the World's Edge, the lands had gifted us with the ability to become its very mists - an ability I embraced, and used quite often. My connection with the mists had always been deep, they obeyed my call, they followed me wherever I walked, they informed me of danger, of news, of change that occurred on our borders and lands, and now, they allowed me to travel as part of them, truly.

So I became one with the mists, and the tendrils of my nerves seemed to become a part of the lands themselves. There was no delay between their communication with me - I felt every footstep, saw every motion, comforted every member who was welcomed in the herd they called the Qian. And now - what was that? A newcomer, crossing the borders for the first time, being welcomed into the family that always seemed to be growing, expanding, gaining new blood, new ideas, new inspiration. I moved myself towards them, my ears forming atop my pewter crown just as a horn extends from my brow. I stand beyond the reach of the WingLeader and this new mare, a few strides away, my form seemingly built by the foggy foundations of our home. A small smile curves my lips, as my tiara becomes more solid, I tilt it to Destrier, and the new mare, Brisa.

"Greetings, and welcome to the World's Edge. I am Hellena." My voice is a smooth hum, a deep and reassuring stroke of an artist's brush against their eardrums. "Our Protectors have recently defended our home from invaders." I add, as a quiet explanation for the injury Destrier sustained. A small frown creased my brow as I considered it again, and I gave him a knowing look - he had denied a healer when I offered to fetch one. My expression softened again as I looked to the new mare, my inquiry gentle and light behind those deep violet pools. "What is the name of the newest soul to walk amongst our borders?"

bg - table

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

we are like birds of a feather
we are two hearts joined together
we will be forever as one
my brother under the sun </style>

She went on to explain where all she had been, though it seemed she had been far too many places to remember the names of most. There was one, though, the Land of Feathered Hooves. I quirked a brow in simple curiosity as she went on, stating that something had happened and eventually, she'd been left all on her own. A lonely wanderer, a soul without a purpose... That had been me more than once in my life, and already I was beginning to feel myself drawn to Brisa for our similarities.

"You have led a difficult life from the sound of it," came my voice once she'd fallen silent again. The last thing I wanted to do was conjure any more painful memories for the mare, and so I avoided digging any deeper into her tale. From the light of a lamp tree, I could see the glint of tears welling within her eyes, and my chest tightened at the knowledge. I hadn't meant to make her cry, and while I wanted to step closer and assure her that all was well, would I only cause her more embarrassment? Despite my want to comfort her with a gentle caress of my muzzle, I refrained and instead decided to pull the conversation away from such a sensitive topic. But she had beaten me to it.

Her question was of my leg, which seemed to flare proudly at its mention. One ear flickered in mild annoyance at the feeling, but casting my gaze from my leg to Brisa, I offered her a somewhat grim smile and opened my mouth to speak, but I was cut off before any words could form by the familiar voice of our Seer. Craning my neck in the elder mare's direction, I cast her a gentle look and dipped my head in her direction, crimped forelock momentarily covering my face. "Ah, Helena," came my simple greeting, "It is good to see you again." I wasn't ignorant to the way she looked at me, however, and almost childishly, playfully, I pursed my lips and turned my gaze back onto Brisa to act as though I had not caught her knowing look. A useless act, I knew, considering that she was the Seer...

Hellena had explained the invasion to Brisa, and I hoped that the news of a recent war wouldn't scare the already uneasy mare away. Deciding to speak up before her thoughts could possibly run rampant at the thought of war, my bister eyes adjusted on Brisa's blue. "But rest assured, the World's Edge is very much a safe place to be. Our intruders were ousted with minimal injuries on our part, thanks to our warriors and the rest who stepped in to assist in the fighting. Of course, one does not have to be a fighter to find an acceptable place within the herd. There are many eager, senior members who would be more than happy to show you what's available."

image by blu | table code by tamme

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

As the moments passed the more things started to blur together as they travelled along, each tree they passed might look slightly different than the one before it but so far all she could see is a bunch of trees without much difference. It would take time to be able to find her way around on her own, hopefully she wouldn't have to in the near future or she would find herself walking in circles trying to find what was now her home. "You have led a difficult life from the sound of it," Destrier's lyrics stated the reality that she knew all too well. Nodding briefly in response she spoke softly once again. "You don't want to know the half of it." Managing an attempted smile she found some way to bypass the inevitable past history, at least for now by asking another question.

It took only a few short minutes before her attempt to change the subject was answered but not by whom she had been expecting. From the darkness another set of hooves could be heard approaching before a striking white fae appeared from the mist. Her beauty was obvious as was her position among the herd, she had utmost confidence in herself and presented with dignity that was profoundly lacking on her own part. Protruding from the crest of her cranium was yet a single horn adding only to her overall beauty. It was not often that she heard of unicorns in this day and time but it seemed that this new land held much to behold other than the eternal night that darkened the landscape. Rather nervously she sidestepped almost running into the black stud who was now only inches from her. His presence was no longer threatening to her but rather reassuring in the face of meeting others who she did not know.

Feeling my nerves once again tense in anticipation the fae slowed to a halt beside the stallion Destrier in which she had started to feel a little more comfortable with. Dipping her own crown in response to the new arrival she unknowingly moved up closer to Destrier, warily observing the mare Hellena as she spoke aloud for them to hear . Surely she must be another member of the herd that Destrier spoke of so she figured she do her best to maintain herself as best she could given the anxiety she felt building once again. Invaders attempting to capture the land? Did she hear the mare correctly, what was she getting herself into this time? Her attention was quickly brought back to the stallion as he went on to explain more into what the mare had failed to mention. Likely he was trying to prevent her mental contemplation over the whole situation which he succeeded in helping to reassure her slightly. She was relieved to hear that she was not going to be expected to fight, or at least not right away. Her fighting skills were not exactly competent or up to par with any of the others, plus her nerves would send her over backwards at the moment. It would be rather amusing to watch from a distance if she was some onlooker to her own self, probably like a kitten trying to fight off a grizzly but the kitten would likely have a better chance to succeed.

She wasn't exactly overly thrilled at the idea of spending her time with some of the senior members but it was better than what she had been expecting considering she was at the bottom of the pecking order. Destrier likely had other things much better to do then to babysit her anyway plus it seemed like Hellena had her eyes on him already. "My name is Brisa, thank you for letting me come here." She replied quietly lifting her eyes to meet Hellena's politely hoping to make a good impression for once. Lowering her head her gaze once again fell back to the surroundings unsure what to do next or what else to say. Socially awkward could describe how she felt at this moment especially as she clued into herself standing with her shoulder touching the warm flesh of Destrier's shoulder. When had she moved over here? She didn't remember moving at all, it must have been subconscious movement on her part while her mind was so focused on other things. Oh boy how could she make things any more embarrassing tonight she thought silently realizing she had no desire to move away.

TAGS: @[Destrier], @[Hellena]
WORDS: 756
NOTES: None

Table and Image by Moonstone Designs
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --

Hellena Posts: 64
World's Edge Seer
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 26 Buff: NOVICE
Whit
He cowered beneath my gaze, which was to be expected - my piercing violet pools could see deeper than most, and when pressed upon only one, they could become quite intense. It amused me, though I did not reflect such a thing outwardly. He should have sought the attention of a healer, no matter how busy they were with the recent inundation of hurts that resulted from the recent attack. The mare he brought from the Threshold was a nervous sort, even as she imparted her name upon my ears I could see the shiver of nerves rattle her, the sheer idea of meeting a new being evidently troubling for her. Or perhaps, it was simply a matter of adapting to the newness of the realm - perhaps even, the newness of me. I had to remember that while I knew an eons worth of history of unicorns across the world, some came to this land having never met anything different to what they considered 'norm'.

"Welcome, Brisa." I speak to her directly, with a soft expression upon the contours of my curved façade. My tones were warm, genuine, and I dipped my tiara to her once more, tilting my horn so that it was not so directly pointed at her. "I am the Seer of these lands; through these mists you see, I read divine messages bestowed upon us from the Goddess of the Moon herself." I explain to her, my position within the herd, so that she might understand that there is more opportunities her than what one might initially assume. "Once you are settled, perhaps you might like to think of what interests you. There are many trades to follow within the herd, all of which help our family function, and survive." Relaxing my posture, I bend my bodice as if to invite my fellows further into the lands, so that we might walk, and teach our newest member the terrain, and at the same time impart any knowledge she might like to learn. "Is there anything you would like to know, child?" I offered my knowledge to the girl, who was but a child compared to my many years.

bg - table

@[Destrier] bumps

Bump..