the Rift

Black Sheep [Open Spar- Asylum]

Oxy the Addict Posts: 322
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: 9 [Tallsun] HP: 73.5 | Buff: DANCE
Unnamed :: Common Boggart :: Mayhem Sevin
You’re stomping, ears back and tail swishing erratically from side to side. You slosh through the mud and the muck carelessly, annoyed at everything in the whole world. Lace-face had promised that you were wanted. What has she given you? A herd full of ignorant faces that don’t care a thing about you, except to tell you how wrong you are. That white stallion, pretty boy. It’s him in particular that you’re pissed off at. You wish you could find him walking alone. You’d smash one- or all four- of your hooves into him without a second thought. He deserves it, after all- talking all high and mighty like he’s better than you. What makes him better than you? Nothing. Nothing at all.

As you stomp and sway, you find that you’re getting closer to the sands of the Endless Blue. The land around you is a strange mix of swamp and dirt and sand and greenery. Even your heavy, muddy hooves are finding better purchase on the ground around you. The moonlight isn’t doing much to light your way, it seems rather dim tonight, and the rumble of thunder is off in the distance. Perhaps it is an omen of terrible things to come. You wonder about such things for a moment before you are distracted. A flash of lighting far out over the sea meets your eyes and the long, growling sound that follows is like fuel to the fire that rages inside of you.

You raise your head and scream, the sound is loud and long- unmistakable. It’s quite clear what you want. You want blood. Turning back the way you came from, you look to see if any of your “herd mates” have followed you out this far. Your eyes search in the darkness, seeing none at this moment. Taking a few seconds to slide your bag off your shoulder, you search the darkness and scream again. You think you see a flash of horse in the shadows and you prepare yourself for something to come. Your mind is surprisingly clear, as you haven’t eaten any of your plants in quite some time. The desire to take one is strong right now. You need the plants like you need oxygen, but you need this fight more and the plants cloud your mind. Ears back, tail trashing, you simply wait now. You’re looking for that flash again. Was it the pretty boy coming to answer your call? You hope so.

0/3
WC- 413
Setting- Junction of the Endless Blue and the Spectral Marsh. The moon is thin so it is not providing much light and thunderclouds are rolling in.
System- Hybrid Dice
OOC- Open to any Asylum member; I will start our stats rolling thread once I know who my opponent is
we all look for ways to make the pain go away
- bg - table - manip -

Florabella Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
It was the chill which lingered as cold as the breath she took turn frozen before her eyes. There was no sun to provide anything for this mare, but her senses heightened as her hooves and legs picked up the sloshing of water thick with the mud beneath its once benign, calm surface screaming at the air. It hardly showed in the light color of dirt against her body, but it provided nothing, but an obstacle when it came to running. It was only the course fur caked with mud already drying against the oxygen which the trees would revel in.

Ears perked and eyes blazed with a childish hunger at the shrill sound in the distance. There was a newfound desire locked away as she found herself coming to life. It was all it took – a moment to restrain the wildness in a body older than her maturity, and reign in control of its coursing electricity which powered this bizarre, large form of an equine. Exhaustion was apparent in the darkness dyed in the lines beneath a sight for vision. It felt as wonderful as the scars etched away in a petite area of her mind with the other foals, but that knowledge faded away – like dust. A craving she was forced to restrain. Fighting. Fight she must!

The posture was awkward and the movement flimsy, but it took all but a few minutes in order to regain the strength only for her. The gait began slow as it gradually ignited into an urgent gallop to listen to the call. The one who nursed her would not nag her to avoid fights. Not while ancient ways were not yet pardoned.
Her eyes squinted as it tried to focus on where the challenger was. The sun had not yet risen and lead to some extra agitation with a lace of confusion. She had not yet experienced the oddities on Helovian soil as she was born yet again on a foreign land. The wandering vision glanced sideways upon the raging ocean nearby in the plot between two lands. Teeth bared, she paced around with patience running short.

I heard you. Now we can begin.” Her tone carried recklessness and subtle arrogance. It had been too long since she experienced an overdose of energy ready to burst. Perhaps it was why she was ready to do anything even if it willed a death sentence. She didn’t even know how to fight, but they always had a conflict and inexperienced opponents were a part of it, right? No words would be needed. However, she remained unaware of how low her self-control was.

Words: 439
0/3
OOC: Hey, I'm still kind of new to sparring so you have full control if you want to correct me. x]

Oxy the Addict Posts: 322
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: 9 [Tallsun] HP: 73.5 | Buff: DANCE
Unnamed :: Common Boggart :: Mayhem Sevin
You stand there, searching the darkness, looking for the figure you think you saw. Before your eyes are able to lock on to anything decidedly horse-like, you hear a voice. I heard you. You turn your head, and then your body, facing the female. As another flash of lighting brightens the sky, you are finally able to find her form her the darkness. Your lips turn up in a cruel grin. You almost feel bad that you're about to smash this mare to pieces, but the feeling is so far back in your mind that you barely give it a thought. As quickly as the feeling has come, it floats away into the blackness of your brain. The only thing you're thinking of now is retribution. She's not pretty boy, but she was standing there with the rest of them. She judged you just like all of the rest, you just know it. She's going to pay.

Slowly, you toss your bag to the side. You plan to leave it far away from the battle scene. After all, last time you brought it near-by you got distracted by it and hurt because of it. Finally, after what seems like ages to your impatient desires, you begin to move towards the mare. You take slow steps at first, drinking in her form with your eyes. Her long legs mean she'll be faster than you, but you're not surprised. Most everyone is. At least you've got weight on your side. When you hit, you hit big. The horns on your head don't hurt either- you don't forget to notice that this mare is lacking such a projection.

You never even bother to respond to her, so caught up in your own musings and thoughts. You've been heading towards her straight on, or at least as straight as you can. At least this way, if she decides to move, you'll hopefully have time to respond to her adjustment. With only a few steps left between you, you heave your body into a canter and try to pass down her left side. Bending your head to the side and then throwing it upwards in one fluid motion, you attempt to rake your horns across her ribs. As you do so, another flash of lighting brightens the dark sky. Eagerly, you look for blood dripping down from the points of your horns, hoping you find some there.

Of course, traveling down her side would leave you open to take a kick as you pass by her hindquarters. To try and thwart any attempt she might make at a buck, you next throw your hind end towards her as you pass. You hope to let your hip crash into her hip and knock her off balance. Due to your large size, you hope that if you hit she will stumble to the side and be unable to buck out. Still, you don't stick around to find out. As you keeping cantering, you make as tight a circle to the right as your large body can until you are facing where the mare had been. All the while, your ears are flicking about, trying to keep track of her movements. It is somewhat hard to hear her as the wind is picking up, but you try not to leave yourself totally defenseless.

Attack: 1/3
WC: 555
we all look for ways to make the pain go away
- bg - table - manip -

OOC| Everything looks pretty good so far! The only thing I would say is that position is a little more important in battle. Even though we aren't judged as harshly on how we describe positioning, it still can be helpful to your opponent to know how the horses are positioned to one another. I was a little confused as to where Flor was in relation to Oxy when she entered the scene. Then, just general reminders as we start the battle, always re-read your posts before you make them. I already noticed a word I misspelled in my first post. Make sure you're always 'attempting' damage and not forcing it upon your opponent. Finally, and you did pretty good on this in the first post, make sure you don't get so caught up in the battle that you forget to give your character proper emotions (or lack of emotions, depending on their personality)- they will count for points at the end!

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
30 days has passed. Florabella defaults to Oxy. Oxy receives .5 VP