the Rift

poison and wine

Saphira Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

There were shadows that kept dancing in her line of sight. Every time jaw jerked up, they stood as still as the trees they copied. Again, she would straighten her frame, carrying onward with no idea where she was even trying to go. All she knew was it felt good to let her legs rid of more miles.

Upon this night. (She wouldn't know there was no end) There was no wind to play tricks, oddly enough in this pitch of greys and blacks. There were no stars either to assure her of what lie a head. They were covered by clouds or so she assumed. Eyes could not see them, and her nose could only scent the evergreens, the damp of the earth that had hint of life.

"Ériu, what tis this place?"It was starting to get hard to deny her exhaustion, but not her wariness. This forest was not home, nor any where she had been before. She much rather had done this during the day. This place she thought would end, but did not have one in sight. Onward she let her hooves clip against the ground, giving way into a slow trot. Walking didn't appeal to her, afraid something would find her. While she thought she was a decent fighter, the nightmares of old stories made her wonder if those wicked, damn things lived here and she was under their spell. The mare laughed lightly. Out here it was more likely a wild cat would get her, and she shoved aside the images of ghostly maidens that had always scared her as a child.

No, this surely was not their lair. This wasn't the ruins of Denar nor the foggy coast of Reyk. The further she pressed herself, she was beginning to sweat and with a sigh of knowing she stopped in a clearing, thinking she might have very well heard the sounds of horse's steps.

Artemis Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Sei
Artemis
The Foothills were vulnerable. Artemis knew this; they all did. The 'Grey', as it was, was no longer, and their family was in a delicate place. Yet Artemis knew they would be okay. She knew they would not falter. Apollo was strong, as were his brothers and sisters. It was strange. Artemis had never seen herself as a herd sort of unicorn before, yet now she felt at one with the small group. They really were her family now.

It was a strange feeling. She had never had a real 'family' before.

But now, it was important that she return to this place; the Threshold. The dense forest loomed before her, thick and dark with vines and foliage. It was far from welcoming, and the thick clouds had masked any moon light that might provide some relief from the constant gloom. Sucking in a sharp breath, she arched her proud neck and pressed onward into the forest.

By now, she new this place fairly well, yet in this perpetual darkness even her memory could not falter and, like anyone else who wandered the forest alone, her eyes played tricks upon her. The flash of eyes peering at her, the shifting of unnaturally thick shadows and a distant thudding sound all put the mare on edge. She stopped, glancing over her shoulder. The thudding seemed to be getting louder and it took her a far long second to realize it was to the tune of a trot beat. Whinnying, she followed the sound until she came across the sight of a dark pelted equine. Miss, please. You are not alone!"
She shouted after the stranger, ping up a swift trot to follow the sounds of the equine, who's form was lost easily in the darkness. She hoped the mare had heard her, but she was uncertain. Artemis's voice never was overly loud, even when she tried 'shouting'. From such a large beast, such a meek voice was peculiar indeed.
[Image: 258b4tv.jpg]

Harmony Posts: 137
Deceased
Filly :: Equine :: 16.4 HH :: 5 § Frostfall
Wild.

Harmony

Once again, i found myself roaming through the Threshold. For some reason, it gave me a sense of comfort. Talking, to and meeting new beings was something I loved. Although, not all beings that cross my path here are kind, I don’t mind. Simply having company is a pleasure in plain sight. With my pillars strong and rested, I cantered through the land, the dark night hiding my bodice, the slight breeze not loud enough to cover my hoof beats, though. With my tail raised high, and my harks perked, I concentrated on finding noise... Slowing to a jog I noticed that this night was far to quiet. Or was it day? Oh, who knows?! I was suddenly getting sick of the darkness, awaiting the time when the sun would return. Raising my maw to the Heavens, I yelled a silent prayer to the God’s above.

Through a bush I lumber, a large smile displayed on my sorrel kissers. I heard heard a sound, yes. The sound of a voice, and hoof beats that did not belong to I. A small chuckle escaped my lips as I tripped over a thick branch that laid in my path, my spirits suddenly lifted by the humor of my childish mistake. Coming across a thick thicket of grasses and wheat's, I lumbered right on through it, wincing as thorns grabbed hungrily at my pearl and sorrel coat. Looking to a shoulder, I spotted a splot of blood. With a displeased snort, I galloped the rest of the way through. I then became more alert, slowing to a walk. Sudden thundering of hooves and another voice. She could hear it perfectly, the being just to the right of her. Slinking out from the shadows, she followed the light pelted Unicorn, a fae. With a slight smile, she noticed she must be recruiting, she had the scent of the regions coming off her in waves. I tried my best to keep my voice kind as I amplified it;

“ Dove, are you in need of assistance?”

Tags;
@[Saphira]

The life ahead can only be glorious if you
learn to live in total harmony with the Lord..

Unregistered
Holding her breath, ears kept fluttering back and forth while her eyes continued searching. Nothing but the sound carried to her. She began to pace, not wanting to be a standing target. Every fiber of her being wanted to cry out "Who is there?" She did not bellow. Saphira wasn't sure she wanted to be found.

Cramming her silver neck toward her chest, on another turn her ardent gaze was drawn to the white figure, who was most certainly headed this way. The mare wasn't one to balk, but the white form grew in stature and size, she started to ask herself how long was it appropriate to stay. With triangle ears upon the ghostly walker, at last the stranger cried out. It was the words that made her freeze in place. They were not cruel, and sorta soft for the tone in which the draft was using for them to reach Saphira. It occurred to her, she didn't stand out with her coat of grey. Thoughtfully, she nickered back.

Then the forest seemed to give life to another, and a little stunned she careened to the right. Green eyes lifted up to rest upon the face of chestnut and ivory filly. It took the equine a second to realize she was speaking to her. The name Dove brought a fickle smile to her face, and she began to nod. "Yes, where the hell am I? And lease tell me this forest has an end." There was no way she was going to spend the rest of the night here.

@[Harmony] @[Artemis]
I'll be quicker :X

Hidden Account
Sei
Artemis
Artemis slowed her steps, approaching the stranger with calm, precise movements. Her body toned and bulky, she often found herself to be intimidating to those she did not know and often held back in an attempt to appear more docile than her appearance let on. Her neck arched proudly, though her ears flopped forwards almost lazily as she managed a small smile. The returning nicker pleased her and she took this as a good sign, yet as she picked up her pace another figure emerged.

Before she even laid eyes upon the filly, Artemis knew who it was. Painted pelt, bright, joyous eyes and an ever-present smile - all the images tumbled into her mind all at once without so much as seeing the figure through the perpetual darkness. No, Artemis needed only to hear her voice as she chuckled fondly. "I should have known you would be here, Harmony." She commented with a lazy flick of the ear. It was no time to chat, however. This newcomer had stumbled into the Threshold and, if it was anything like Artemis's first few weeks here, had probably been walking in circles in complete and utter confusion.

She stepped into a small pillar of faded light that glimmered down from the moon between cracks in the otherwise thick, near impenetrable canopy above. "This is Helovia, specifically a forest known as the Threshold." She told the stranger as she stepped toward her painted friend - yet, she considered Harmony such, though their meetings consisted of awkwardly bumping into each other in this very forest. She stood side by side with the smaller assassin, her steely eyes glimmering under the faint flow of moonlight. "The forest does indeed have an end, and we may lead to you it, however before we do I will offer you this, She started. She was getting the hang of this social situation malarkey, after all! "I come from the Windtossed Foothills, a herd who kindly took me in when I, too, was lost within this deep forest. I offer you my home as yours, so that I might offer you the same kindness that was given to me by my leader, and my brother, Apollo the Merciful." Brother, he had said to call him. Brother in arms, though both horses hoped war would not taint their home for some time. In Helovia, it was an inevitable occurrence, however. Apollo was a kind and thoughtful leader, and despite Artemis's quirks, had accepted her with open arms. Artemis could only hope the little grey before her might accept her invitation, however she knew little Harmony would offer her a similar proposition as always. She silenced, waiting for th others to speak their turn.

@[Harmony]
@[Saphira]

Unregistered
Going to skip Harmony as more than 48 hours have passed.

Confusion was the best word to sum up her journey here, and this specific moment when faced with two strangers who apparently knew each other and what lie ahead. Aware they could help her in her predicatment, she remained openly curious as to how. Often she liked to deny needing others, but she knew she was lost. Saphira hated to be lost, and vunerable. Though the latter she would never admit to. A weakness of hers was pride, and admiting any defeat was a terrible dishonor.Yet, what better way to describe, stumbling into foregien lands without a friend in sight?

Eyes would continue to thoughtfully stare upon the white mare, ears tipped to her very voice. Yes, she had found a kind soul. Maybe, her gut was wrong. Instantly, she thought of gentle giant, but assumed beneath the surface the woman must be a warrior too. There she was making up stories, by barely getting names. Saphira merely smiled to herself, eating each syllable up, starving for information.Helovia. Was the biggest word she grabbed, and shoved into her mind. This was the first way for her to regain control, and not appear as naive, unknowing. Saphira was far from a child, and she had always grown up a little quicker than she should have. Appearing like she knew it all, she thought was a great defensive mechanism at times.

With her verdant gaze she glimpsed in the dark, bobbing her head as the white lady continued to explain, and offer her two things. Lead her out, or a home straight away. The mare couldn't hide the cock to her skull, the brief bemusement in the blinks of her eyes. They had no idea who she was and it surprised her any should offer her a place. The grey's face softened to a degree, if to say "Oh" when it was clear she too had come this way, and this Apollo had given this offer. They surely must not be half bad. Since the painted filly was quiet, and Saphira long wanted out of the dark she swiftly put her words together. "These Foothills, and Apollo do not sound so bad to my worn ears, and tired feet. I can say I believe in kindness and a home with in at its heart...well I might like to see it for myself."

Hidden Account
Sei
Artemis
(Skipping Harmony in order to end the thread.)

Artemis watched the greys face with quiet curiosity. The white was not adept at reading the facial expressions of others, yet she was slowly gaining the ability though observing others. This mare seemed to soften after her initial shock at being stuck in the dismal forest. Her body seemed to relax as the unicorn spoke quietly, the warriors words meeker than one would assume from simply looking at her. Despite her barbarian homeland, the unicorn ad been hidden away and was raised in isolation, giving her an acute uncertainty when it came to strangers. She had improved with these frequent threshold meetings and had grown in confidence since that fateful day when Apollo had found her stumbling through the darkness. She smiled almost fondly at the memory. I seemed so distant to her now, though in reality it had not been more than a few months. Funny how time warped ones perspective like that.

The mare agreed to see the Foothills and Artemis felt her smile twitch, widening at the corners as she raised her neck almost proudly. Nodding her head toward Harmony in a farewell, she took a few steps closer to the grey. Touch was something Artemis refused to do, but she metaphorically took the smaller horse under her wind by simply being close by, or so she assumed that was what she portrayed. Maybe she was just invading her pesonal space? He idea made her doubt herself, but she tried not to show it. "You will not regret it, lady Saphira. Apollo is my brother in spirit and in heart. He will gladly accept you into our home." She told the mare. She remembered when Apollo had told her to call him that; brother. She had refused, for 'lord' and 'lady' was all she was accustomed to, as polite and formal as she was despite her brutish size. It was hard for her to adapt to calling him in such a way.

Turning, she directed herself to the familiar trees that marked their gnarled and tangled path. She knew her way as if it was a second home. She signalled for the smaller creature to follow, leading her toward her home.

(Ooc- Have requested group change for you, you might be put into outcast until Apollo accepts you himself, but I will start an acceptance thread for you shortly :)