the Rift

[OPEN] change.

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark

I had been surrounded by the darkness for most of my short life, it's dark fingers constantly lingering. The sun was a precious sight had hadn't seen in a long while, a season or so if I'm correct. I found Sameira during the dark age, and she had hatched in it as well. She didn't know what the sun was, or what it it looked like. She didn't know what warm sunlight felt like on her back after a long day, or what happened when morning mists were cut by the light of the sun.

But today, things would change.

I had grown restless from traveling, so I lay myself down, under a tall tree. I feel Sameira press herself against me, curling up against my stomach. I watch as her breathing shallows, her mind falling into slumber. I smile slightly, blinking my heavy lids. I lay my head down, soon succumbing to sweet sleep. While I dreamed my usual bloody dreams, there were changes happening around me.

The sun's rays broke through the horizon, making my lids flicker. Thinking I was still in a dream, I closed my eyes and continued to sleep. But while I slept, the sun began to rise slowly, setting hues of orange and blue and purple all across the sky, which was now a painted canvas. The light trees scattered across the land dimmed, but their light still lit up the nights. The magic was suddenly restored, and with that, Sameira herself changed.

All along her body amber and blue colors shimmered and appeared, her eyes, although closed, changed. A blue eye and an amber eye, matching her markings. The majority of her fur was still black, but now with splashes of color. And Sameira wasn't the only one to change, I too was changing. Inside, I felt my magic shift. It was once shattered glass, a delicate item that had to be used with caution, but as the sun rose, that changed. Now the glass had been repaired, the cracks sealed and the glass polished. My muscles rippled, and my wings fluffed out as the changes happened.

After everything had settled, I flicked my lids open again, this time keeping them open. I had been awoken by the warm rays of sunlight hitting my skin, and Sameira's whimpering. She had awoken before me, panicking at the sight of the sun. I giggled, my words soft as I reassured her. "Sameira, silly girl, that's the sun, you'll get used to it, don't worry." She was tucked away behind the tree, quivering in the shadows. Slowly she crept out of the shadows and into the light, that was when I saw the colors that marked her fur. I gasped, surprised. She gazed at me with dual colored eyes, blinking and tilting her head. I heard the chirping of birds as they rejoiced over the long awaited sunlight, their songs sweet and melodic as they fluttered from their nests.

I stood up, yawning and shaking my head. I wonder how the sun would affect the Asylum members moods. They were shadow loving horses, and so this might ruin the mood of the Marsh now that the sun could slice through the darkness. I personally was pleased that the sun had returned, which meant I didn't have to fear wandering alone anymore. Now I could go wherever with no fear! What fun that would be! I turned around, staring at Sameira as she raced around, finally getting used to the light.
"words words words"
Image Credits

Harmony Posts: 137
Deceased
Filly :: Equine :: 16.4 HH :: 5 § Frostfall
Wild.

Harmony

I awaited in silence for the pair to awaken, for I wished not to intrude on their slumber. I chuckled at their reactions to the sun, the change in her little pet. It was a joyous sight, yes. If only I had one to share it with, like this young, winged filly did. I had met this mare before, yes. When she was just learning to fly. Long ago, it seemed. Within my first week of arriving here, I believe. My past seemed to be all a blur. Resting myself against a large trunk next to me, wincing as my sore muscles made contact with the harsh bark. My smile deepened as she spoke so kindly. I suppose I should say hello. Suppressing a kind nicker, I took a step towards her, now I was none but 5 horse lengths from her.

“ Greetings! What a glorious day! I believe we have met before, a long time ago. But, I do not believe we exchanged names! I am Harmony, you are?”

I hoped I wasn’t intruding, I had no intentions of sounding rude. My gaze grabbed at the filly, my kind orbs taking her in. They then swept to her small pet, the one that displayed many colors. Flashing it a polite smile, I wished I could comfort the poor, trembling being. With a dip of my painted dome, I turned my attention back to the filly.

“ I hope I am not intruding...”

{Hope you don't mind (: }
Tags;
@[Amara]

The life ahead can only be glorious if you
learn to live in total harmony with the Lord..