the Rift

[OPEN] in a child's hands

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark
Amara
It was one moment in the night, a moment in which I had been asleep, that something inside me suddenly shifted. Something deep within my soul churned and twisted. I had felt power wash over me, a sickening twist to my brain. In my sleep, I had twitched as the power surged through me, washing over a new sense. I had been in the Marsh then, but now I was in the Heart, wishing to find something.

What exactly was I searching for?

Even I didn't know, sort of. I was looking for Sia, my heart yearning for her. I hadn't really felt any different after I had awoken from that strange sleep, and I still had yet to discover what I could do. So while I walked, I stopped abruptly and looked at a raven sitting in a branch. It squawked at me, it's beady little eyes glaring at me. I squealed, panicking. Sameira jumped at my feet, startled. I realized this little raven was perfect for testing. Smiling, I struggled to focus on the black bird, my little brows narrowed. I tried everything and anything, but nothing seemed to work. And then, it hit me.

I straightened up, narrowed brows pointed at the raven, which had sat there staring at me this whole time. I wasn't using the soul. I reached forward mentally, my small mind towering over the ravens. I grabbed its soul, which was light as a feather. I set it forward, flinging it into a distant space, but my little invisible fingers would not let go. I was pulled with the soul, but my grip was weak, and I fell. I felt dazed all of a sudden, confused. My brain whirled, and I stumbled. I felt older, odd enough. Not mentally, but physically. But when I looked down, I was still little me with the lanky legs. But I felt odd, old. I fell over before looking up at the raven. It had vanished, sort of. It had collapsed, dazed and cawing on the ground, flapping its wings desperately. I smiled, I had magic! To think of all the marvelous things I could do with magic! I could only pull the spirit forward, for it had seemed like there was a wall blocking me from going back. Maybe I wasn't strong enough? Oh well, I didn't care!

I had magic!

But that wasn't the only reason I had traveled to the Heart. I had originally made my destination the Throat, because that's where Sia was. I knew because well, I saw her go off with her daddy after we met not too long ago. I was going to visit her, but I doubt the Throat would be very welcoming. So I just stood in the heart, desperately hoping my champagne sister would come trotting to me.
@[Sikeax] <3

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

No one would ever want to believe that I would grow up this way. No one would think that just a while back ago, I was lying in the bed of snow back at the Foothills, attempting to stand on wobbly legs that caused me to fall on my face. I dream about that time a lot now, each nap and sleep taking me back to that place. The Sun is back, and my time at the Veins was short lived, but lovely. I liked that place so much, and now, all I want to do is return to stay for a while. The Earth God hadn't come, but I would back again, like it or not.
This nap was like the others, one taken just before I got back to the Throat. The herbs I'd collected were braided into my hair, some wrapped around my legs with some spare veins I found while wondering. I shoved them up into the slots between my legs and the vines, and after a while of experimenting, found an interesting way to carry around my supplies. I didn't smell like Sikeax anymore, instead I was just a huge mess up of odd smelling herbs. Oh, if you're not like myself and completely in love with the Earth, then you'd probably turn away in disgust. It wasn't the best smell, and even some passer-by's told me I needed a bath. I'd take one when I got back to my new place, as of now, it's sleep time.
In the mess of herbs and dust, being near the Heart wasn't too bad. Before long, I'd get up and make way to the Throat. Dad would be happy to see me again, and things would be back to normal, resulting in me forcing myself into my studies. That'd be love- CLUNK.
Something came and hit me on my head, then went about slapping me with something made of feathers. Everything seemed to be landing on my face and horn now, and with my horn becoming more and more sharp with each passing day, it really isn't the brightest idea for you to fall out of the sky and land on it.
Like being hit on the head and then being repeatedly slapped across the face will do, I woke up in not the best of moods. My dream was warm, fuzzy, comfortable. It was one of those dreams that last to oblivion, and are none the less the best kind to have. So if anything, I was angry.
"HEY IDIOT, LEARN HOW TO FLY!!!!!"
It's not that I'm hateful, it's that no one, including myself, likes to be awaken from a good dream by a stupid bird that just happened to drop out of the sky and land on your face.
A groan sounded my annoyance completely as I stood up, the herbs and vines covering my body moving about with me. When I shook off the dirt that clotted me, a few came off with it. I should of gone ahead and picked some wild roses to add into my mane, just to give out a refreshing scent that wouldn't repel my friends. Seriously, it was like I farted, or something like that. I don't smell that bad.
My head swooped down to grab them with my more than unhappy mouth, to have them slide between my lips and lay upon my tongue until they were woven back into the vines. They always a bad taste in my mouth that took too long to get out. Whenever I had my head turned to my left front leg, using my horn both as a light(even if the Sun is back, it's a good light) and a tool to move the vines, I heard something. It was sort of like a sneeze/squeal/giggle/whatever that noise was sort of thing. In return, I sneezed. "Achu!" Or whatever that sound it is that comes with sneezing.
I looked back to the bird, now seeing that it was a Raven and just flopping around like it was having a seizure. An invisible eyebrow would of been cocked at it, but instead, I stared at it. Watching it do that was slightly amusing, even though it was sort of mean. I laughed, before there was noise in the bushes, tucked away in the tall grasses that surrounded the Heart. My attention left the bird and its current state of stupidity to get to the idea of someone watching me laugh at a bird. "Hello? Who's out there?" Yet while I might seem a bit hostile with the tone of my voice, it seems a bit mandatory with being in a herd and all. I wasn't sure as who were our enemies and who were our friends, so it left me at high alert. While my blue eyes stared, I finally caught the sight of Sameira, and shucks, what a blessing it was to see that little Hellhound pup.
"AMARA!!!!!!!!!"
I bolted about that time, taking off straight towards the winged chestnut filly. Having her around would be nice, even though I bet she'd laugh at me in this current state. When you've got a kiddo with a glowing face, herbs in her mane and tail, vines around her legs, stomach, and neck(hell, there was even one on my horn) with herbs shoved between them and the body, it's an interesting thing to laugh about. Yet, with Amara I always seem to get lucky with her.
She doesn't laugh at me that much. .

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark
Amara
I didn't take note of the champagne bundle napping at the base of the tree, I only noticed it when the crow fell, staring at it for a moment, my amber eyes unblinking and wide. Sameira watches as well, ears perked. The champagne lump began to move, and I squeaked, ducking behind a bush. Sameira stood tall while the bundle rustled about, standing up. When it turned and demanded who was there, I gasped. The features had been a dead giveaway, and the glowing horn entangled in vines was another give away. Apparently Sia recognized me or Sameira because she screamed my name and threw herself at me.

And then, the stench.

I felt my stomach quiver as the smell caught my nose. I flicked my ears back, stepping back from Sia. "Whoa Sia, you smell like the Marsh after a storm!" The reason for my words was because with strong enough wind, bodies could be carried from the muck and onto the surface, floating for days. The stench of rotting flesh was one I was slowly getting used to, animals dropping all over in the Marsh. "Why in Loorien are you carrying these smelly leaves? Are you trying to be a bush or something?" I giggle as I reach my neck forward, examining the champagne babe. I couldn't help but giggle at her predicament, standing looking like a bush.

Sameira looked confused, Sia's usual scent masked by the herbs she carried. Sameira didn't know whether or not to bark or to greet her with a lively tail and pink tongue. I giggle at Sameira's confusion, her little legs moving her forward as she sticks her nose out, her little nostrils flaring wildly. "I guess she can't tell who you are." I chuckle, a playful smile on my lips. "So why are you covered in those plants anyway?"