the Rift

[OPEN] the whole universe will glow.

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!

Onni the Illuminant</style>
raise your arms the highest you can, so the whole universe will glow</style>
The light had been gone for more than a season now, Onni could feel it in her bones. Mr. Sorry Sun, where had you run off to? Whispers said something about a void being torn, but even the Void in Isilme had not taken long to overrun the land. The moon's spirit already hung quietly around the night, painting the sky with stars and setting the soul aflight with wind. The earth had come home not long ago, replenishing the world's waters and lush grasses, the singing of birds heard even in the dreary night.

The one the shaman wished to return remained absent. She remained dark.

Time ceased to exist in absence of the Sun, so even if the new lord had returned, his presence was eclipsed by the missing deity, the one closest in the heart of the desert dwellers. As such, the healer had no idea how long it had been. Had she known that fateful day would have been the last to see the sun, Onni surely would have prayed, begged for forgiveness, for reconcile, for acceptance - begged for him to stay. In his absence, she had given in to the temptation of her darker natures, injured another stallion, even if it was in protection of this land. The shaman had seen his comrades fall, even the Lady, but continued on until the light finally peeked its way back into her heart.

Shameful, ugly, the mare had gone to the Veins of the Gods to seek repentance. A friend appeared, much to her delight. A friend, who would have ever thought?

At the moment, Onni stares into the pool of the Oasis, illuminated only by the bright silver moon above. The scar upon her face not yet concealed, but the healer was not sure it would ever disappear entirely. A mark of insolence of violence for her crude behaviors, when she should have stopped when threat ceased. Again and again she dove into battle with the ShadowKing, but why? Drinking softly, Lyhty floating above in the trees, chirping precious melodies, the shaman tries to find peace in the night. It was a task she rarely found came easily.

And then, ever so suddenly, she began to glow.

Head jerking upward, Onni looks at the golden lit reflection of her figure in the oasis, pale sky eyes widened in shock. The wounds which tormented her with constant pain begin to soothe, feeling absent on her skin. Abruptly, the mare jerks her head toward the east, eyes catching on the cyan island in the distance, the Veins of the Gods burning brightly in the night.

There, there it was, a thin line of pink rising above the ocean. Dumbfounded, the mare can do nothing but stare gape-mouthed at the horizon, tears flooding her eyes and pouring out over her cheeks numbly. In her chest, the heart races, her pulse raising, fluttering, but most importantly, the mare smiles. She smiles so honestly and brightly in the light of her own golden appearance for the first time in months. Relief floods her soul, looking out as the sun begins to peak over the horizon, painting the sky with delicate pastel colors the mare had all but forgotten.

Pinks, oranges, yellows, the colors only father sun could create. The sun chases away the stars of the night, the dark purple hues of the Moon, and the shadows in her body. "Welcome home," Onni says proudly toward the sunset. Welcome home at last.

image credits

Amor Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Amor
Actions, Thoughts

We wouldn’t need the lamp trees now. I saw the clouds pass by, taking the sunlight away again for just a second. I was worried. Would the sun be gone again, after the upcoming night? If it would, I’d assumee this was just all a dream. Maybe it is. I bit my leg, harder and harder. Pain. For one time in my life I loved the pain. No dream, real world.

I started walking around, just to see how other horses responded, and all I saw was surprisement flowing through their eyes. The sunlight had hurt my eyes at first, but now I couldn’t stop looking at it. This is great. Finally. I saw one mare looking up, again I noticed the light in her eyes, Not white and cold as the last little few of times I had seen the light glow in horses eyes, but yellow, little bit of pink, and warm.

The mare must have been really surprised, as I had seen her looking at her mirror self in the water when the moon was still shining. The sky was coloured orange now. How are the other herds reacting to it? How are they looking at the sky now? What are they thinking of the sunlight falling on their coat? I wish I knew. I need to ask the mare. She wouldn’t know me, as I just arrived in the throat, but still. She wouldn’t be as surprised by a stallion coming her to ask about the sun rising, than about the sun rising itself.

Shadow Posts: 153
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14.2 :: 8 HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Chan

It had to be a dream. She could feel the wind caress the skin ever so softly, felt it tug at raven feathers as the wings stretched wide towards the sides, carrying her through the cool spring air. It felt like a dream, one she had seen so many times before in her sleep. They had made waking up into such a bitter affair, a disappointment that stole the pleasure of each day and made it harder and harder to focus on the necessary duties she had to do.

But had any of her dreams ever been this vivid? The raven stared transfixed at the horizon as she circled over the Oasis, almost twisting her neck in each turn so as to keep the eyes locked to the east, where the stars had begun to pale. Finally she became so dizzy that she had to lower herself towards the ground, the landing stirring up sand gravel not far from the spot where another mare was standing, the painted girl the shade remembered to be called Onni... Kri's daughter, wasn't she? She too were reacting, the entire appearance of the pegasi altering and taking on a soft glow that almost seemed to mirror that of the blushing sky.

Was it really... but it had to be. Never before had her eyes stung like they were now, as Shadow turned her attention back to the east and the fleeing night. Never had her eyes watered like this in her dreams, nor had she been able to feel how the so familiar chilly night air became replaced with a touch of liquid, intangible warmth, a searing ray of blessed light that slowly, steadily returned color to the desert and the world around.

"Welcome home" she heard the paint say, and the raven joined in quietly with the greeting, shivering with happiness and relief as she followed the rise of the sun over the horizon. "It really is happening" she murmured breathlessly, eyes glittering with a mirth she hadn't felt in such a long, long time. A smile curved the corners of the mouth, only slightly at first but growing larger as the feeling of joy expanded in the chest. When she finally couldn't hold it back anymore Shadow began to laugh, a warm joyous sound that rang out across the lake. Her own, private, very personal way of greeting someone she hadn't even known she missed.

Caught a bird and let it go, had a rope and don't you know
When I pulled it down, it settled on the ground
Caught a bird and in a trap, had a lot to give back
When the sun came by you opened up your eyes
image credits

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP: 42
Healed

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!

Onni the Illuminant</style>
raise your arms the highest you can, so the whole universe will glow</style>
The others came, and the shaman still stands, amazed and excited and terrified at the sight of the new dawn. Her heart races in her chest, filling her whole body with a tingling warmth that radiates out from every pore of her skin in ethereal light. The Illuminant regaining the right to her title.

She is hardly aware that the dark colored raven of a mare comes to rest by her side, not until her voice peels out across the morning air. A bright, life-filled smile pours across her own features in response, tugging at the ugly scar of her cheek, pulling a scab loose, only to see the injury immediately start to stitch itself once more. The healing aura of the shaman returned. Regaining her title, yes, that is what the sun meant for Onni.

It is not just about returning to her position, earning the title she had gained. This sunrise signals the end of the troubles in her heart. The mentor she had missed so dearly returned to her, chasing away the freckles of darkness on a golden heart. With the uplifted smile, she raises her face parallel to the brightening sky. A shuddering sigh raises from the caverns of her chest, shaking breaths, as her eyes grow damp. Tears glisten briefly in the sunlight before they are captured in the red sand below. Relief flooding her heart. Happiness reclaiming her mind. A numb sort of bliss ushered in by the rising of the sun.

"Yes," she says, voice choking on her own emotions for a moment. The mare clears her throat, glancing around to see an unfamiliar stallion she welcomes over with a toss of her crown. "I would not believe my eyes if not for the warmth on my skin."

image credits

Amor Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Amor
Actions, Thoughts

The painted mare I was looking at stood death still, with a mix of excitement and terror in her eyes. I can exactly feel how she feels right now, I thought, gaining a little nervousness myself. I just didn't really trust that flaming ball of light anymore. It seemed way to close to be safe. Yet I loved it. I wanted to run at it, and chase it until I caught it. I glanced over at the mare again. Still the same, except corners of her lips that were pulled into a grin. A grin of a mare at a ray of light.

I looked at the raven who had stopped walking besides the mare shortly ago. She almost looked like a shadow with the bright light shining on her. If it wasn't the shine on her coat, I would've thought she was just an Ilusion that would fade away once I'd have blinked. I unfolded my wings, and flapped them once. I wanted to go there, also next to the painted mare, just so I wouldn't have to enjoy this alone. I brought my head down to have a closer look at the mare, as if I didn't care about the sunlight at all. Of course I did, but still.

I thought of finally spending days in the sunlight again. Running around without having to watch my step everywhere I went. Fulfilling my duty. That didn't really came on its place in my head yet, while I thought I still should walk for miles to fulfil it, even if I lost everything in a fire, send all my love to it. I Just didn't really follow my thoughts. My dad always said your thoughts is right where you should be. I knew that would turn on me once. But I just couldn't get it out. Why did dad always tell me the things he told me?.

I started walking to the mare, stopping a few steps away from her. I turned to the sun again. I felt anger. That thing had left us for so long. I almost wanted it to sink into the underground again. I almsot wanted it to say "To so far, good night", though that would be the worst thing to say for it. If I kept thinking this way, I would be dead in several weeks. And if the sun went away again, I'd miss it more than ever again. I'd miss it just as much as all the horses here with me in the throat.

"blah blah blah."