the Rift

Life Moves Forward [open]

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

Moving in silence through the darkness the silver hued stallion could feel the dramatic difference that solitude gave oneself. Before he had chosen to go out on his own he had never been too far from his family's herd should he wish to socialize with others. It was a sense of longing to create memories and become someone more that had driven him along on this journey. Herd life was great and all but if he stuck around like many before him he would never be able to see what else the world had to offer and most importantly teach him. His father had taught him the skills to allow him to become the skilled warrior that he was but he crazed to know more. Very few dared to meander into their rather secluded herd which meant that much information escaped in regards to the rest of the world around them. Dipping his cranium forward he lowered his muzzle to the ground taking in the many scents that surrounded the area. He knew not where he was heading or what he was looking for, all he wanted was a change in pace from his old life to enable him to grow into who he was. Perfection was not possible as there was always things that one could improve on mentally or physically, yet some believed themselves to exceed all expectations. This attitude rather frustrated the stallion as he chose to see things as they were not how they could be perceived or as expected. Nothing could be taken for granted in this life as he knew everything could be taken away as easily as it was earned.

Surprise crossed the stallions face as the darkness began to slowly fade into light everywhere around him. For many days since coming to this land the days had been shrouded in darkness leaving what was a never ending night. Something had changed he could feel it within, but what was powerful enough to cause such a disruption in the earths rotation that night would persist for so long? Something magical perhaps? Whatever it was must have been powerful and overall he had the feeling that he was not so sure he wanted to know the truth of the situation. Shaking his head the long tendrils of his mane flowed lightly in the breeze as he drew himself up next to a thin creek splitting its way through the ground. Looking down he could see his reflection staring back at him, he sometimes marvelled at how much of his father could be seen in his own features yet he was still able to possess the finely delicate aspects of his mother. His musculature was well proportioned and balanced to his athletic frame showing his peak physical condition while his coat shone in the growing light. The silver accents over the lower half of his body shimmered as it reflected the sun's rays, the only hint that he was anything but normal. He carried with him the ancestral blood of his family before him which could account for the unique markings that the unicorn blood created. Being only in his fourth year of life he had little knowledge of the capabilities that magic has evolved into over the decades but in time maybe he would be fortunate enough to experience it first hand. His father had told him that his enhanced skill set was one of many gifts that they had been blessed with, maybe this was true or he was just a fast learner.

Chuckling softly in good humour to himself at the many memories he had shared with his father growing up he plunged his muzzle into the cool crystal clear liquid drinking deeply until his thirst was sated. Sighing softly he couldn't help but wonder why it was that he had not encountered any other equine thus far. Surely there had to be others around here somewhere, their scent was everywhere now all he had to do was find them. Picking his head back up he stepped down into the water feeling the satisfaction of the coolness around his fetlocks before stepping back up on the opposite side of the creek. Striding forward once more he continued on his journey wondering who he may meet first in this rather strange land.

TAGS: OPEN
WORDS: 719
NOTES: Open to anyone who wishes to join in.

Table and Image by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Artemis Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Sei
[quote='Artemis' pid='66853' dateline='1379704415']

The Foothills were vulnerable. Artemis knew this; they all did. The 'Grey', as it was, was no longer, and their family was in a delicate place. Yet Artemis knew they would be okay. She knew they would not falter. Apollo was strong, as were his brothers and sisters. It was strange. Artemis had never seen herself as a herd sort of unicorn before, yet now she felt at one with the small group. They really were her family now.

It was a strange feeling. She had never had a real 'family' before.

But now, it was important that she return to this place; the Threshold. The dense forest loomed before her, thick and dark with vines and foliage. It was far from welcoming, and the thick clouds had masked any moon light that might provide some relief from the constant gloom. Sucking in a sharp breath, she arched her proud neck and pressed onward into the forest.

The eternal night had ended and with it came the warmth. Artemis found herself smiling, a foreign expression that cracked the stoic expression that usually graced her features. Bold crimson marking seemed to sear upon the whiteness of her face as steely eyes glimmered. Dawn had come, and the mare felt hope rise in her belly. Hope for her family, for the Foothills, and hope for herself. It had been too long since she let herself be vulnerable, yet with this new life she was emerging from her shell.

She feared it. Yet she revelled in it.

Striding proudly, she found herself parched and began to head for a familiar creek. She had spent many moons in this forest alone and could navigate it in pitch darkness, so finding the winding stream was simple. As she approached, she saw a figure bending low over the waters to drink, taking in deep gulps before the dappled grey body slipped ankle deep into the waters to cross. She smiled, trotting toward the creek, yet she did not wade through. She jumped across, heavy hooves slapping slightly in the shallows of the water as she landed and soaking the feathers in her fetlocks. Tough her mouth felt dry, she focussed her attention on the newcomer. "Greetings, stranger! May I ask your name? I am Artemis, of the Windtossed Foothills. She introduced herself with a casual flick of the ear. She was getting used to talking to strangers, even!

speech
[Image: 258b4tv.jpg]

Taking his time to take in the scenery the silver hued stallion slowed his pace managing to stay utterly silent. His hooves made no sound upon the fallen leaves and the plants that grew here allowing him the chance to listen to all that this place had to offer. Closing his eyes he drew in slow breaths focusing his attention on listening, and hearing. In the trees overhead he could hear the chirping of some songbirds seemingly enthralled that the sun was once again breaching upon the horizon, behind him there was the gentle sounds of the creek and its water. So many things one could discover if they only took the time to listen and see what was available for all to see. "Open your mind and listen, only then will the true voices be heard." The words of his leader, his old leader Diseray floated into mind making him realize just how much he missed his family. He would always have the memories to guide him and he would never forget the wisdom that these words expressed. Opening his silvery orbs at the sound of hooves upon the turf he turned his frame towards the sound wondering what would behold him.

In a matter of minutes a mare came into view treading calmly through the brush. It took a bit before she spotted his figure standing still amongst the trees causing her to make a detour towards him. The crimson marking across her face was one of the first things that drew his attention along with the horn upon her forehead. He had met a few unicorns in his past and from what he could remember they all had pretty distinct personalities. As the mare came to rest before him he regarded her greeting respectively nodding his head once. "Greetings Artemis, my name is Ciceron. I am pleased to meet you." He said lifting his silver orbs to meet hers own pair. Windtossed Foothills? Hmm that must be one of the territories that she speaks of he mused silently making note of the name for future reference. Surely he would come across many more names in this place so it would be a good idea to remember them.

By this time the sun had fully risen into the sky allowing the first rays to reach beneath the canopy for the first time in many weeks, or even months perhaps. The temperature would surely rise as the day progressed but for now it was nice and cool. The rays made the silver embroidery on his pelt glow softly in the light revealing his true bloodline masked beneath the ordinary. As a young colt he had been confused as to his markings but never thought too much about them as they had been passed down by his father. Tilting his cranium slightly to the right he studied Artemis with curiosity. She seemed so far like a kind mare, what kept her out here all alone?

TAGS: @[Artemis]
MUSE: Good
NOTES: I love her picture <3

[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Harmony Posts: 137
Deceased
Filly :: Equine :: 16.4 HH :: 5 § Frostfall
Wild.

Harmony

It seemed as if the voices and noises of the Threshold summoned me in every which way. If only there was fifteen of me, I could go everywhere I please. Although, it is time for me to recruit for my beloved band, the Assassins. We needed more strong, kind, members. We will accept almost anyone... We must become strong, we need to be strong. I want my dear band to be known, respected... But will this happen? Who knows, I can’t do everything for the band. I’m not even the leader! But, still... I feel as if I’m not doing enough... Recruiting... That’s all I’m doing at the moment. I could be healing, but there is no healing to be done... Hmm. It’s all so complicated.

I set off to my right, down one of the beaten trails, a common one. New arrivals often tended to stick to the well known trails, for they where easy to navigate, and didn’t have many obstacles. Lightly leaping over a log, I land, my movement swift and well coordinated. Two voices seemed to draw me in, I heard one speak their name, Artemis. With a slight smirk, I noticed that competition in recruiting has been strong lately, for we were all flocking to newcomers. I must be close, for I am catching clear words from their brief conversation. Setting off at a slow jog, I trusted my harks to lead the way. I found myself nearly stumbling absent-mindly into them. With a loud snort, I stumbled backward, embarrassed. I closed my orbs for a moment, then re-opened them, dipping my dome to each of them.

“ I am terribly sorry...”

I huffed, almost under my breath. How clumsy could I be? This wasn’t a very good first impression. My clefts felt heavy with disappointment as I tried for a polite greeting, my orbs grabbling over the pair. I rested them on Artemis, matching her words with her appearance. I have heard, possibly seen her before. I nodded to her, acknowledging her presence with all the confidence I could engender. Then, turning my dome, I gave the dappled Stallion a polite smile. Extending out my warm welcome, I spoke to him.

“ Greetings, and welcome to Helovia. It is a pleasure to have you here. “

He had spoken his name, but unfortunately, I was unable to catch it in my embarrassment. I blinked slowly, relaxing my flexed muscles, my kind and warm orbs still rested on the dappled equine before me.

“I’m afraid I didn’t catch your name, but I am Harmony... Pleasure to meet you!”

Tags;
@[Artemis]
@[Ciceron]

The life ahead can only be glorious if you
learn to live in total harmony with the Lord..

Hidden Account
Sei

His pelt reminded her of water; silver markings seemed to shift and glow with every tiny movement and the dapples appeared to her as perfect ripples breaking the surface of a river bed. The handsome stag was shorter than herself, yet his muscles were taught and strong. He would make a worthy knight, she thought to herself, scanning his frame with the eyes of a warrior. She had no interest in pretty things, but power and strength she admired. She did not meet his gaze, instead focusing her eyes upon his grayed muzzle. Eye contact was something you earned from Artemis, though to her people, the barbarians far from Helovia, eye contact was an act of dominance over another and of intimidation. She was still not used to these new customs, so her gaze never reached as far as the others of another.

He was polite enough and she smiled faintly, dipping her head toward him. "and pleased to meet you-" She turned, shoulder muscles tensing as something stumbled through the undergrowth like a newborn finding its legs. As she turned, her eyes came upon Harmony - who had now become a familiar face to the stocky mare. She laughed gently, but not unkindly, taking a swift step to dodge as Harmony came close to stumbling into her. "Greetings, harmony! I should have expected you." She joked, referencing the amount of times they had bumped into one another recently. She dipped her head toward the Assassin. and turned back toward the new comer. "Sir Ciceron, if it would please you, you are welcome to follow me to my home in the Windtossed Foothills. We are a small band, yet we are strongly bound and would gladly accept an addition to our ranks. Of course, Harmony here will tell you off the Assassins, our friends from the out lands." She told the dappled stallion, massive head arced proudly as she spoke of her home.

speech

"Speak."

Credits

BTW I can't read the font at all, nickel, its so tiny, could you please make it bigger? I had to copy paste onto word just to read it.

And thanks! I made it myself <3

Unlike many of the mares he had met in the past Artemis was much taller and had a stockier build than most of the lighter breeds that seemed to dominate much of the population. It gave her a nice contrast of power and strength which was quite fitting for her fiery personality. Her snowy pelt stood out from the darkened colours of the landscape revealing her figure for all to see clearly, a definite advantage to some yet to others it could prove to hinder themselves. There was no denying that she was quite a pretty mare when you combined everything together.

A noise off to the right caught his attention as he turned an ear in that direction, it seemed as if someone else was going to present themselves at some point of another. Moments later a painted mare came literally crashing through the thick brush landing almost on top of them. Talk about making an entrance he thought laughing to himself as he sidestepped out of the way of her potential path to avoid getting bowled over. As his new acquaintance did the same he caught the flicker of recognition pass over her face before the laughter started. Well at least they seemed to know each other, maybe they were herd mates? The two toned mare who introduced herself as Harmony recovered fairly quickly from her near tumble straightening herself up before apologizing immediately. A kind smile caught his maw as her dome turned to him welcoming him to the area. It was nice when people were nice and personable when you first met them, bumping into those who chose to carry a rather sour disposition could really turn your own mood around to match.

"Welcome Harmony, no need to apologize there is no harm done. It's good to meet you as well, You may call me Ciceron." He replied calmly observing the two mares with interest as to what would come next in their meeting. Artemis soon spoke again to extend a request of a place to stay in which he was grateful. He hadn't exactly planned on finding a herd to live in right away but maybe it would be a better option than wandering around as an outcast until he got to know the land better. Hearing about a band called the Assassins he wondered if they actually lived up to their name, if Harmony was apart of the band it wouldn't appear they did but looks could be deceiving so you never knew. Though he would like to talk more with the mare to learn about what it was that the band was like, he did not think that he would end up calling it home but one can always learn about things.

"Thank you for the kind offer miss Artemis, I would like to see your home, it sounds of interest." Turning his head back towards the whitened mare as he spoke he watched as she met his dome but left her eyes averted from his own. Rather strange he thought but neverless everyone had different beliefs and views on things, maybe he would someday understand it all if remotely possible. So many cultures and practices there was it would take centuries to even hope to observe half of them, but he could always give it his best shot and see how many he could grow to learn or at least understand.

TAGS: @[Artemis],@[Harmony]
MUSE: Excellent
NOTES: Sorry XD, Is this size better?

Pixel Base- BronzeHalo

Hidden Account
Sei

Artemis smiled toward the grey stallion as he accepted her invitation. By first impressions, the stag seemed polite and well-spoken, traits that bode very well with the pale grey mare. She was not big on talk, yet when she did speak it was with precise words that were often blunt and to the point. She had no time for the rude of obnoxious who so often plagued the world. It seemed odd that such a quiet, observant mare came from such a barbarian-esque home, yet her old home was what had made her strong, resolute, and untrusting. Though she approved of the stallion, her trust was not yet earned. He would make a fine addition to the warriors of the herd, however.

She nodded and smiled toward Harmony. "I suspect I will be seeing you again, Harmony." She said with a soft smile and laughter gleaming in her eyes, though the stone faced mare seldom did laugh out loud. She turned to the stag with a proudly arched neck and a flick of her long tangle of tail. "Apollo is our leader, and a damn fine leader he is. I will take you to him. I will be honoured to serve along side you as a warrior, Ciceron." She told the stag truly as she turned to lead him toward the foothills. "So long, lady Harmony, until next time!"

She turned and, nodding her head toward the dappled stallion with his sparkling silver pelt, she began the journey toward her home. No doubt Apollo would be pleased with the fine stallion she had found, and maybe he would find his place in this world among the Foothills herd as she had done. She, too, had not been searching for a herd, and yet when she entered Helovia she found not only that, but a family, and those bonds were hard to break. She would bleed for Apollo and the herd. She would die for them.

speech

"Speak."

Credits

Much! I assume you have chosen, then, I can edit this if you want, but I figured it will get you out of the threshold if we get to your acceptance! :)