the Rift

[PRIVATE] Faces like Mine.

Catillatio Posts: 65
Banned atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Loon
Photobucket

Actions | "Speech" | Thought

It took them several weeks, the slow pace the cause of it. Tio found it difficult to do more than hobble forwards in an agonizing slowness. in the time it took, the sun had returned, the glowing disk hung low in the sky now, having only recently risen above the horizon. He paused at a pool and stretched his neck down to drink the clear water. When he'd quenched his thirst, he lifted his head back up, water dripping from his whiskers. Acid green eyes found amber gold ones as he looked at Seele. He wondered how much patience she had left after all that time helping him travel across Helovia.

With that in mind, he thought it best not to delay further and he leaned against the trunk of a cypress tree as he cast his gaze around. "Thank you, Seele." His voice broke the peace of early morning. "If I were being honest, I thought you would leave me have way along the way. But... we both know you know better than to do that. Betrayers of Tio do not live for every long." His tone took on a dark quality. He was not trying to scare her, but was stating a fact. He held grudges and was not likely to forget or forgive her should she abandon him... or attempt to double-cross him.

After all, she had made a promise to help him remove this crippling curse- he had no other choice but to depend on her for the moment, but that didn't mean he was going to let her think they were friends, or that he was softening. When he was able to walk normally again, he would be only too happy to demonstrate his power, even on the mare who was closest to his heart.

The lack of fear in her when she addressed him irked him more than he liked to admit. She was the most loyal- when he was weak and suffering, she alone had come to find him, to assist him. He would reward her for that, but he needed to make the point across that even weak as he was, he was to be feared and respected, for his anger was explosive and violent and those that thought themselves close enough to drop the pretense of master-vassal, were most likely to get harmed.

"Where is your pegasus friend? I would like to get this over as fast as possible. I admit, I am hasty to be rid of this curse."

@[Seele], played by abba
@[Amara], played by dark
Quest progression. :D

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark

I had been missing Seele, her absence taking its toll. She had gone off, and weeks had passed since she had gone. The sun had returned, and with it, magic. But I didn't need magic now, I needed Seele. I milled around the Marsh, longing for the bay mare. Sameira tagged along, whimpering. I turned to her, smiling at her silly little face. Her pink tongue was rolled out over her lips, her lips drawn back in a canine smile. Her ears were still slightly floppy, which made them bounce when she walked. I giggled a little before hearing a voice. Perking my ears, I begin walking. The sound glass made when hitting dirt, it was faint, but I could hear it. A gentle clink accompanied by odd hoof steps, an injured horse of some sort.

I walked towards the voice, it was a males voice, accompanied by Seele's steps. Seele had brought home a new family member! I grinned, racing forward to meet them. I ran fast, slowing down so I didn't crash into them. It was a gold stallion with black hair and white brindling. He walked with a limp, one of his legs cripple. I frowned. This, was Seele's idea of a recruit? He didn't look like a misfit, a horse that didn't belong. I looked him over before dragging my amber eyes to Seele. I didn't like the stallion, not a bit. Beside me, Sameira snarled at him, her ears laid back.

Now now child, don't judge a horse by their looks. It's not nice. Momma? In a rush of excitement, I spoke. "Momma?" I had been blankly staring at Seele, but now my eyes were clouded with both excitement and curiosity. I blinked a few times, still surprised. It had been a while since Momma had spoken to me, and hearing her gentle words again made my stomach flutter. Averting my eyes back to the stallion, I spoke again."Is he a new family member?" I ask Seele, although I was still staring at the golden stud. I raised a brow, curious. I continued to scan him over, suspicious.
"words words words"
Image Credits

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
How many weeks had I been traveling with him toward this marsh. He was seriously crippled, and it took all of my strength to not snap at him and tell him to deal with the pain and speed it up. But, we were finally beginning to come back into the marsh, and with that the sun was beginning to return. Bright light cascading across the marsh and lighting up the areas where the trees were not allowing shadows to lurk.

He stopped for water, and I went to open my jaw to speak - to tell him to not stop and drink, to keep moving until we neared the center of the marsh where the pegasus was bound to be only to hear Innerste begin to chime in my cranium. Let him drink. Travelling is a hassle for him, and you have already begun to torture him enough by dragging him down here instead of bringing Amara to the deep forest. I did not care that I had tortured him enough. I was not allowing Amara to be away from the protection of the members of the Asylum. For, if something were to ambush us I would be the only one able to try and protect her. It was safer here, with more people around to watch her and ensure she didn't not have to be tortured to death.

His voice hit my audits before I realized he had been gazing my direction. Tall, thinner frame was leaning against the trunk of the nearest tree as he offered a thank you. Being honest, he thought I would have left him along the way. You really should have. He hindered all of your abilities to go and run off and actually help to support your herd. Why you stayed with him is the help of the devil mare who believes emotions can actually save you. Schwere hissed and I simply shook my head as the words betrayers rang in my ears. Oh. He wanted to go there? Really? I gave him a short scowl, predatory eyes boring into him.

A few seconds later, he asked where the pegasus friend was - wanting to get it over quickly. "Quickness seems rather ironic in the state you are in" I snapped, sarcasm dripping from my maw when I heard the sound of rushed hoofbeats on the soil. A frown was upon her face as her companion snarled at Tio. I could not help but to laugh until I heard the sound of her voice, saying 'Momma?' and then seeing her eyes instantly fill with excitement and curiosity. She held her gaze upon Tio before allowing her words to ring out of her maw again. A new family member, she asks?

Gently, I shake my head. "No. he would most likely kill himself before he allowed his soul to try and serve under a pair of mares. But, he is someone who I have known for some time and just recently found again - and I will treat him as family as long as he allows it." I explain, my yellow orbs falling upon Tio, a smirk on my maw. Family. Such a strange word to be putting with a stag who is nowhere near as crazy as anyone else in my family. But I had offered my allegiance to him not too long ago, and I would stay true to it - until it hindered the true family of mine.

I pause, looking back to Amara. "Amara, this is Tio. He wishes to speak with a pegasus - like yourself. Would you be willing to answer any questions he might have? If you don't feel safe, you can let me know. Nothing will harm you - I promise." I explained, a softness filling my voice as I spoke to the young one. A softness that no one else would ever have - no matter who they were.

Amara was the one who deserved the protection and the care - just as Liebling had. There were few innocent souls in the world that deserved love and care, and she was one of them. She was the one that I would allow Innerste to help me guide.

715 words
Sorry it took so long :/
If you're warm, then you can't relate to me
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Catillatio Posts: 65
Banned atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Loon
Photobucket

Actions | "Speech" | Thought

Her sarcasm wore against his nerves and he had to inwardly take a deep breath and restrain his temper. She had yet to see the depths of hell if she thought his fury was something to torment. Still, he had bigger plans in store, and since everything hinged upon this meeting going as positively as possible, he held his tongue. Let her speak as she wanted. Tio would not be goaded. By now, he was chomping at the bit to have this curse gone.

Hurried hoof beats caught his ears and he looked up to see a young chestnut filly, with wings upon her back, running towards them. She was barely old enough to be called a yearling and as Tio watched her, his heart sank. She was quite a bit younger than the horses he was used to dealing with. His knowledge of how to appease a filly's heart was negligible compared to the vast knowledge he had stored away on how to wrap a mare around your tail. The prospect of talking to this filly was suddenly daunting and Tio flicked his tail as a sign of nervousness.

Then she spoke and Seele introduced him to the young girl. he listened to her words carefully and snorted when she spoke of his preference of being a leader rather than following the lead of another. He opened his mouth to point this out, but was interrupted by Seele continuing to talk. He waited until she was finished and then nickered his response.

"I thank you for the introduction, Seele. Although let it be known that I would rather kill myself than submit to the leadership of anyone other than myself, not just a pair of mares." He commented with a smirk. "As for you, Amara. Tell me about yourself, if you will. I have waited a long time to meet you." He said, his voice sickeningly genteel. He lowered his large, straight head to eye-level with her. His acidic green eyes gleaming in the light of early dawn. He stared at her for several seconds before his eyes blinked, blocking out the eerie green orbs for a split-moment.

There was a hunger in those eyes. Like a predator staring at easy prey. He yearned for something, something that Amara obviously had, but he knew he had to do this right and so he did not act on this crushingly powerful desire. He wanted to rip a feather off her wing and run. But he doubted Seele would let him get away with that, nor would the Goddess of the Moon appreciate him cheating. So, he resigned himself to getting to know this filly, and saying her to his cause. He wondered if the exiled-king story would get her, or if he could dazzle her with stories of his homeland like he had with Phaedra.

He remembered vaguely that he had never shared such stories with Seele. Would the older mare be interested in them as well? The stallion glanced at her and then raised his head. "or, if you don't feel like telling me about yourself, perhaps I can tell you about myself? Would you like to hear a story, Amara?" he asked, his voice lilting, yet, deceptively sweet somehow.

@[Seele], played by abba
@[Amara], played by dark
<3