the Rift

[PRIVATE] Unite Under Open Skies.

Eris_ Posts: 97
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Frostie
E R I S

They walked together wanting to meet the leaders of two great herds. The golden mare's slightly emaciated body had been cleaned for the meeting. First impressions meant something big to the insane one, so she had washed her coat until it was gleaming. Her burning red mane and tail sat flat, presentable and shining under the moonlight. Her eyes shone, a blue that saw others for what they were...orbs that withheld many truths. The silence was held within the world tonight, like the birds were waiting, holding their breaths for something. Her own breaths were drawn in slowly, nerves made each one a little shaky. This was the moment that her family's future depended on. They had experienced a few delays when it came to this alliance, however Eris felt that her family had already mostly proven themselves. They had fought for the throat and in that particular instance, they had asked for nothing in return. Now this alliance was something that they wanted. This was an alliance that would hopefully benefit everyone. Pausing in the middle of the field Eris looked around, her blue orbs were laced with tears. After wanting this moment for so long, could it be anymore perfect?

A wind tousled her medium length hair, she smiled and threw her head back with shut eyes to enjoy the feeling of this moment. How long had Eris actually dreamt of this possibility? Sucking in a deep breath, the blue eyes were opened to see the world again. "It's finally happening." She whispered into the wind, her father would be terribly proud of her right now. If only he was here, if only he was here to support her through the meeting with his deep gruff voice.
No...this was her moment to prove that she wasn't completely useless. Seele, the one who had stuck by her side through everything was also here. Together the sisters would be able to make this meeting simple, quick and painless for everyone. The fact that Eris' mind was also clear helped the situation greatly.

Clearing her throat the golden mare looked around for her dark haired sister. "Seele." Their moment was now, it was best that they showed a united front, which was exactly what they were. Pausing the blood Empress waited for her sister to respond to her call in anyway was she wished. Then, after taking a moment to gain some strength, Eris called out into the winds. "Kri, Mirage and Thor, we request your presence."

" "
417 words.
I don't tag for every post...just for introductions. Sorry about how terrible this is, I wasn't sure how to start. Next post will be better! :D
@[Seele] @[Kri] @[Mirage] @[Thor]

They built my city on top of a grave,
Now the dead roam the street like a rotting parade,
Quarantined and forgotten for days,
These are the stories of those who have gotten away

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
It was not the desperate call that had drawn me from my bed many nights ago to face the Assassin called Adrixaura, no, this chant was entirely different. Perhaps it was no chant at all in retrospect because this meeting had been predetermined in a way. However, I was more than obliging to answer the question poised and waiting before me under the moonlit skies (for they had certainly become a blessing after so much darkness). I had no reason to seek out the precarious burning lights that had lit my way during the dismal disappearance of the Gods and for all the blundering I’d done over the course of the past year, I felt strangely at ease now even if I was being summoned from the arms of patient slumber.

However, now that the sun had finally escaped its prison in hell, I had noticed many things about myself that I had failed to make note of before. I was no longer the gangly youth that had sought refuge in Helovia after losing myself to the nomadic lifestyle of my ancestors. In fact it plagued me to consider how simple I had been back then; of course, I had also considered myself to be reasonably happy. But now, I was something entirely different not only physically but mentally as well. That’s not to say that I am unhappy with the present or the situation in which I occupy, but more so disappointed to find that I have forgotten all the things that made me who I am, or perhaps was.

Not only had I grown into my body, now course and supple with the muscle of an aged stallion but I had also grown into maturity. My actions did not only affect me anymore, they affected those I led, those that looked up to me. But somewhere along the way I had paused in my step, stolen moments from those innocent souls so that I might selfishly reflect on my pains and my follies. I took no pride in hiding from my own truths, but now it was time to admit that the gloom I had succumbed to was over. So with Mirage at my side, we enlisted to the wonders of a meeting so unbeknownst to us, or perhaps just to me, so that we might be able to understand where the Edge was headed from this day forward.

The soft plodding of heavy feet upon new spring soil could be heard upon our approach and like the patient warriors of the Edge I decide to ascend quietly and with purpose. However, the creature I encounter is nothing like what I had imagined. I also assume that she is not the only representative of her clan from the way her curious eyes search the moonlit slopes with intent and the way her entire body seems to quiver with excitement. Long, lustrous crimson threads adorn her curious face like flames and though her beauty is unexpected, I am still skeptical as to what this summit could entail. We are still patiently awaiting the arrival of Kri and an unnamed, better yet unseen second half to the golden mare before us, but my mind has begun to run away with me imagining the many things that could be sung from her gilded lips.

State your business then.” It is more of a demand than a question of content which is enough for me to feel satisfied with her strange engagement of the Edge and the Throat together. I felt as though Mirage would have a better understanding as to why we had been summoned to the Meadow so late in the night, especially if Kri were to be involved. However, I did not feel pity for my confusion on the matter simply because I had been so negligent of my duties as of late. But seeing that I had been returned to the present with more resolve than I had formerly, or perhaps ever, felt I didn’t feel the need to bother with crude introductions. I was certain that the town crier could muse together who I was and why I was here, even if I still had no name to attach her face to in my memory.
Thor

OOC| Whit, if there is anything that needs changing let me know!

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
We had started out walking together. My mind was clearer now, and the pull of the spirits had definitely become stronger - but more manageable than before. I could feel the way that each of my steps seemed to drag the souls of the creatures that wandered around, as if the strings were being tightened for a few, minuscule moments until I decided that they were not worthy of my grasp and allowed them to stay in their safe little nests. Midas's golden feather was still positioned in the dock of my tail, next to the braid of red hair that connected it to my broken, glowing heart charm - the heart that really was the only semblance that I had might ever have had a normal life. The heart that broke with my mother's death along with all of my emotions, allowing me to transform into a relatively believable sociopath.

I hung back for a few strides, slowing down the closer we got to the field in the middle of nowhere. Today might just be the day you can start to accomplish something, mein puppe. Do not disappoint Schwere instructed, and I could hear the gentle humming of Innerste's chords in approval of that statement. Emotions. Heart strings. You must make it seem as though you feel - even if you can't - for it is the one cause you wish to accomplish, and they might be the vessel through which such a task could be guaranteed." But was such a thing true? I did not know.

A gentle swish of my tail and I stayed lingering behind the golden mare - hidden away in my pile of darkness, glass horn glinting ever so-slightly in the moonlight. She said my name, wanting to call me forward. But, I wished to watch and inspect a bit more - to ensure that no one else was around when we went over something so utterly important. After all, this could determine our futures. But, before I had finished my careful inspection of this field and all of the nooks and crannies throughout it Eris had called out into the winds for the three leaders who we requested to meet with.

The call did not go unanswered for long. A winged stallion has made his way up into the meadow with plodding feet into the fresh soil. Yellow orbs gleam from my position as he asks for us to state our business here, and it is at that moment which I allow my tiny frame to slither from the darkened area of the meadow and out into view beside the golden mare with the mane the colour of blood.

My voice rings out, confident but not rude. I was a leader, my voice could boom to the greatest levels to be heard. But, instead, it was of softer, more muted tones. The consonants were still sharp, and the chords were still of a soprano nature, but they were definitely more eligible of floating into the air for which was being spun around us with the night stars. "Sir," I begin, bowing my head ever so slightly in a form of respect and greeting, "I believe it would be best to wait to announce our business once the rest of those who have been requested have appeared. I do promise you, with good faith, that we have no one hidden to ambush you - if you so believe that to be the case. Our intent is far from harm to your families." I pause, taking a moment to allow the words to reach the air before allowing the soprano chords to ring out, "Repetition is a waste of all our times, when we have herds - families - to tend to." I finished, my yellow orbs meeting his gaze with a simple, non-threatening appearance. Usually I quested for a way to mess with the soul - to see what was bothering and what was creating the problems inside of it. But, tonight the souls were at rest. The chiming of voices was dull and restrained, pulled back away from the meadow as if whispering their nervous predictions of what was to come.

Tonight might be our night, finally...

714 words
Sorry, quick and crappy post :| time is limited. Hopefully it'll get better
If you're warm, then you can't relate to me
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!
WE WERE STRONG.
we stayed bright as lightning. we sang loud as thunder.
we moved ever forward.</style>

I had been coming north to see Mirage, ascertain that her kingdom was standing fine on its own. The Dragon's Throat was in fairly rough shape, as Onni had been at a loss of magic during the Endless Night. Now, in the presence of the Sun, the desert seemed to grow.
Just like a land cursed by that arrogant ass's magic would do, I suppose. At least he finally returned, and with me still sitting at the helm. I am glad for that one small miracle.

I flew north, heading on easy winds that carried me softly. I remembered the flight before the return of the stars, how heavy my figure had been in the air. I had wished so very much to just have the ability to call upon my old friend, the winds around me, back in that time. Now, I was sailing easily, eating up miles with the same impressive speed I have gotten used to over the years. Flight is easier when you have a constant tailwind at your side, pushing you forward. I smile. Simple joys.

Before the forest comes into view, I hear my name whispered on the winds which float by my ears, capturing the sound. I recognize the voice from a meeting before, sailing easily downward to the meadow's floor. Easily, I walk forward, pushing through the trunks of trees and making my presence known through a series of forceful movements through shrubs tall grasses which whipped at my like leather.

"Present," I say, announcing my arrival with an extra sound, easy in the world.

Turning toward the mare whose face was painted like a mask, I deeply bow my neck, a profound gesture of respect for one so haughty as myself. "Seele," my voice sounds warm, almost happy, but with a strangely emotional twinge. "I am grateful for your aid during the invasion of my home." Looking at her with calm, dark eyes, I smile. "You have my strength and that of my soldiers, whenever you should need them."

[derp this is crappy, sorry. her muse has been so shot lately.]

KRI the RESOLUTE</style>
MY FRIENDS, I'M ONLY FLESH AND BONE, BUT I WON'T LET YOU DIE ALONE.</style>

image by ANGEL!

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

Mirage the DragonHeart
it's been written in the scars on our hearts
The mare was numb. Too much had happened, and all of it, was her fault. She had had enough of war. Of leading. Of being responsible for someone's skin other than her own. And yet, strangely, it was what she was suited for, what she was made to do. How many times had she been blessed by the Goddess she strove to be like? Did the Moon Goddess ever become plagued with doubts, with guilts, with the weight of the world? It was a silly query, an impossible thought, and yet still, the little shadow mare wondered, and assumed that of course, the Goddess would never be so prone to such mortal failings, such weakness of emotion and feelings. Or would she?

The bracelet upon her foreleg glowed with a quiet hum, though it was a serene sound that seemed to reverberate through the mare's very limbs rather than actually permeate the soundwaves. Trust in yourself, her bonded spoke to her soul, stroking it with her own, trying to provide some comfort to her confused soulmate. The Goddess approves of you, your people love you, she crooned silently within the mare's golden breast, and Mirage tried to allow herself to feel uplifted by it.

The summons was expected, and with a quiet nod, she reunited with Thor to venture forth into the wilds and greet these potential allies. They were friends of the Throat, and therefore, not likely to be enemies of the Edge. But would they lay their lives down on the line for the Edge as they had done the Throat? What did they expect from the Edge? Relief was the first true, identifiable emotion Mirage had felt in a some time, as her sights set upon the chocolate hide of Kri. The little shadow mare made to stand by the Resolute, forever trusting in their kinship, their friendship that had carved their names a place in the lands the residents of Helovia wouldn't soon forget.

Ears pressed forwards, and the mare did not voice anything, merely tilting her crown in acknowledgement of all who were present, and awaiting an explanation.

[ SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT. Will keep up from now on. ]
image credits
table by whit

Eris_ Posts: 97
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Frostie
E R I S

As each leader graced them with their presence, Eris grinned at each of them. It was finally happening. Seele dealt with the male leader of The Edge, Eris studied him with her bright eyes. Good thing they were here for an alliance, she wouldn't be particularly keen to try and best him in a fight. Then Kri arrived, her glory and strength was heard about all across the land. The leader of The Throat was marvellous. For a long time the queer mare studied that winged beauty with respect. Then the magnificent Mirage responded to the summons. Eris also pressed her with a smile. The black leader remained silent as they stood together. They all seemed so powerful to Eris, they could crush her in an instant. It would be best not to ever anger these great leaders.

Daintily the mare stepped forward, her blue eyes now jumping from figure to figure. "Thank you all for coming." Her voice was strong, that of a Queen, it was also respectful though. "For those of you who do not know me, I am Eris, Seele and I lead together." Finally she would receive the same recognition that her sister had. Now it was truly time to get down to the real reason that they all had gathered today. "As you no doubt know, Seele and myself along with a few of our warriors fought beside you in defence of the throat." Eris did not make it out to be more than what it was. A few of them posed as open challengers while others waited in the back for the unsuspecting. "We risked ourselves for your homes and we would gladly do it again." Her eyes still glanced to each leader openly and at times she turned to look back at her blood sister. All the support Eris needed was there. "Today we have called you in the hopes of officially becoming your sisters, our family becoming yours and your family becoming ours."

Her honesty today was nothing Eris had done before. The Empress was appealing to their hearts, to their souls. Help us and we will help you. "We wish to become allies. As allies, we want to request your help in gaining a home land." Now everything was out in the open. Their purpose, their plea and their need. The fate of her family now rested on this alliance. They had put all of their energy into proving themselves, would it be enough? Eris let silence fall.

" "
417 words.
So sorry, I had to deal with some serious RL issues and as a result muse has been scarce.
@[Seele] @[Mirage] @[Thor]

They built my city on top of a grave,
Now the dead roam the street like a rotting parade,
Quarantined and forgotten for days,
These are the stories of those who have gotten away