the Rift

[OPEN] Turn Around || Acceptance

Cheyenne Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

we'll play hide and seek to turn this around

It seemed as though they had been walking for hours. Maybe it was just in her head? Her legs ached and her muscles were sore and tense, yet this stallion seemed completely unaware, or uncaring, of her fatigue. They walked wordlessly toward his home, yet with every step she took she felt more and more of an intruder. She told herself it was just Alleo and his bad attitude - that he was the one with the issues, not her, but she didn't quite believe it. His words played on her mind; why did you not turn and fight?

Why had she run? If she had turned and tried too fight off the wolves, her beloved friend, her sister, would have been able to escape. She was to blame for the grey fillies disappearance, just as she was to blame for so many other things. She closed her eyes for a moment, letting the warmth of the sunlight wash over her back. A sigh escaped her kissers. Why had she nottried?

She was weak; in spirit and in body. He said she looked strong and capable, yet her body was not experienced in the art of war. She knew nothing of taking pain or using her sharp daggers to ravage flesh. In truth, the reason she had fled was simple; fear.

After their silent trudge toward the Foothills, her voice finally emerged, though her tone was somewhat meek. "I did not fight, because I am weak.” She told the stallion, lowering her head. For once, it was not an act. She was walking behind him, so there was no need to fake her movements. “I have never fought, so if you are looking for some warrior princess, you won't find it here.” She told the knight. He said he was a warrior here, and commented on her figure. Was that the purpose he intended for her? No way; she was not tarnishing her body with scars. She would not shed blood for anyone but herself. She was no knight, and she was no tool for anyone's purpose.

And yet, had she not vowed not to be useless? Vowed to be something more than an ornament to be admired?

What purpose has she here?

“talk talk talk”

CHEYENNE

add image credits here

CONTINUATION OF THIS THREAD

@[Alleo]

Alleo Posts: 115
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

The silence that followed the mare's sarcastic comments in the Threshold was not unwelcomed by Alleo. In fact, he preferred that she keep her tongue still as the chirping birds were a treat to hear after months of silence. His tail flicked from side to side as he walked and he wondered if the mare would take its constant movement as a sign of annoyance. He'd much prefer trotting to his home so he'd get there faster, but he seriously doubted that the mare would be able to keep up with him if she were as tired as she claimed to be.

When she finally spoke an ear rotated in her direction, though he did not slow or turn to face her. Not at first, at least. "Weakness is a state of mind." He said several moments later, and that was when he stopped and turned to face the antlered mare. "If you believe you are weak then you are weak." He wasn't going to go out of his way to make her feel better about herself.

“I have never fought, so if you are looking for some warrior princess, you won't find it here.”

"I did not go to the Threshold looking for a warrior. And I most certainly am not looking for a princess." His tone was flat and unamused because he was uncertain if she was joking about the princess part or not. One thing was for sure, some of the other warriors would not take too kindly to her if she acted like some holier than thou princess that refused to help the herd that was offering her protection and shelter.

"I've offered you protection and shelter." He continued on. "If you're ungrateful then I suggest you turn around now and go live elsewhere. But I would be quick about it because there are things far more fearsome than wolves that lurk in Helovia's shadows."

i'm the colorless sunrise that's never good enough</style>

Credits

Unregistered

Her eyes raised, staring up toward the back of his head. He was much taller than her, stronger too. He could easily outrun her and leave her on the borders, yet he did not. She doubted that was due to any respect for her. More likely it was simply 'duty' for the knight. He walked because she would not go any faster for fear her legs would give way, and from the way he didn't even turn his head to speak with her, or slow to walk beside her, she knew that he disliked her.

Fine, she told herself. She didn't care. Why should she!? He was nothing but a pauper. Had she not been with a prince? She still bore feathers in her tail - a gift from her 'beloved'. Frankly, she barely remembered the fools name, nor cared when he was forced to leave. But that was not the point. Cheyenne did not care what anyone thought of her. She did not need to prove herself to anyone.

Did she?

His words, though true, were bitter and stung to hear. Her head lowered, eyes staring toward the tip of his ever twitching banner. The movement of the appendage reminded her of a cat, jerking its tail in irritation. She didn't care. She didn't.

His words came upon her ears like a threat and she felt a shudder ripple through her muscles as she glanced over her shoulder. The sun was nearly fully raised, gleaming down, beaming with joy with no regard for the delicate atmosphere that had settled between the two. Her own banner twitched, slapping her hocks as he ears lowered. “The big man threatens the homeless vagabond?” She questioned with narrowed eyes. “I appreciate the concept of a home, though I am beginning to wonder how homely it is here. Are all strangers treated with such disregard?” She asked, sneering as she quickened her pace; she trotted swiftly, turning 180 degrees to block his path. Her canary eyes stared up toward his. Her antlers could easily gouge out those pretty eyes of his and wear them like pearls, she mused. “Now, lets be civil, sir knight. Tell me who is the king of these lands, and I will speak with him myself.” She demanded. She had no time to piss around with this stallion any longer. He had no manners and no hospitality!

“talk talk talk”

CHEYENNE

add image credits here

@[Alleo]

Alleo Posts: 115
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

Alleo's advance toward the Foothills was effectively stopped when the mare suddenly found a burst of energy and trotted around to block his path. He was very thoroughly unamused and unimpressed by her show and quite bored. It reflected in his eyes as he gazed at her and the slight threat of the tipped antlers. What did she think she was going to hurt him with those? She probably didn't even know how to use them. "Strangers that have no manners and speak with only contempt and sarcasm are returned the favor." He replied easily enough. "If you want to be treated with respect then you should learn to respect others first, princess." The warrior looked down at the mare, the corners of his mouth still pulled down in a frown and he snorted at her. "And if you intend to threaten me." He said, his muzzle reaching to shove her antlered head away from his face. "Learn to use what you've been gifted."

With that said he shoved past the newcomer, his muscled shoulder shoving into her smaller frame to effectively move her. If it hadn't been obvious before that he was not scared of the mare it was blatantly obvious now. His tail flicked once more, pale strands dancing through the air almost tauntingly as he retreated once more.

"You're lucky our Chieftess left." He called back to the mare. "She'd have had you for lunch." He chuckled to himself. He hadn't officially met the dark mare that had been Chieftess, but her reputation proceeded her and from what he'd heard she hadn't been one he'd want to meet in the dark of the night or one he'd want to anger. "Apollo!" Alleo then called into the distance as he stopped on the edge of the Foothills territory. "And now you wait." He instructed. "The Chief will be here to pass judgement shortly."

@[Cheyenne]
@[Apollo]
i'm the colorless sunrise that's never good enough</style>

Credits

Unregistered

He spoke of respect yet he had none, nor did he even stop to think 'oh, maybe the lady is weary from her travels and does not wish to be mocked immediately after an introduction'. She glared, eyes burning into his. Despite her anger, she couldn't help but allow those eyes to burn into her skull - to imprint on the back of her mind. Green seas and cerulean sky. Beautiful. Yet within those eyes was nothing but foolishness.

He snorted, his words harsh and demanding. How dare he speak to her in such a way!? She couldn't remember a time when anyone had been so cruel. With a flick of the muzzle he shoved her antlers to the side, forcing her head to jerk away from his. She winced at the slight movement, almost anticipating some sort of attack, yet the only attack that came was he lashing of his tongue.

Maybe she would learn how to use her antlers. Maybe she would teach him a lesson or two, the brunette thought as she seared in rage at his touch. She knew that was unlikely, but the image of his defeated body, her proud form stood over his fallen torso as he begged forgiveness was satisfying. She was jerked away from the image with a rough shove and she stumbled to the side as the knit passed her by. He was no knight in shining armour. He was he dark knight. The one who eventually would lose his joust. But not today. Today, he was the victor.

He called out a name; Apollo rang his kissers as he stopped, his back to her once again. She didn't bother responding. Why should she? Instead she turned to face the same direction, gazing into the lands and standing by his side quietly. She needed to compose herself before this 'Apollo' arrived. His mockery rang in her ears and she felt her muscles had tensed with anger and upset, so as they waited in silence she tried to calm herself. Deep breaths, in through the nose, out through the mouth. She closed her eyes, bowing her head slightly. She felt her legs quiver as a breeze stroked her pillars. It was time to hide beneath her mask.

For though who saw beneath, never liked what they saw.

“talk talk talk”

CHEYENNE

add image credits here

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
A P O L L O

And how can you say that your truth is better than ours?
Shoulder to shoulder, now brother, we carry no arms
The sound of his name drew him from his silent reverie. Apollo had been grazing, enjoying the peace, allowing his worries as Chief to simply slide away from his shoulders when the call rang across the rolling hills of his home. Giving a grunt of mild annoyance, the Merciful lifted his head, a few blades of grass dropping from his chewing lips. Who had summoned him? Honey-brown orbs glanced around, and with a weary sigh, Apollo ventured onwards. Each step was slow, leisurely almost, as if he was taking an evening stroll...

For now, the Foothills was safe and was their home. For now, he could relish in what the land had to offer... For now, his family was safe. At least for another day.

Arriving upon the borders of his home, the black and white stallion lowered his head, surveying the two who stood in wait. Apollo barely recognized Alleo, but he dipped his head in greeting to his fellow. The stallion had not been with them for terribly long, but the overo found no reason to dislike the brute. He was brother to Lakota and Hana, if he remembered correctly, and served the Foothills loyally as a warrior. Such a rank held a certain respect from Apollo. Turning his gaze, the Merciful's gaze lingered upon the mare, who held no scents save those of the Threshold.

"Alleo," he said softly, tipping his muzzle in the grey stag's direction, "Pleasure to see that you're well, brother." Soft eyes danced between the two before turning to land upon the antlered mare once more, and a welcoming smile upturned his lips. Was she here, looking for a home? The thought was warming; they needed more to call the Foothills home if they were to survive the oncoming storm. "Welcome to the Foothills, ma'am. I am Apollo, Chief of the Foothills. Is there something that I can do for you?"

ooc: Sorry for the bleh post, guys, and the wait. I blame my meds.

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Unregistered

She tried to ignore the stallion by her side, focused instead on the warmth the sunlight brought to her haunches and the wind that caressed her mane with gentle fingertips. Her eyes took in the land before her; its rocky hills spread wide and welcoming her in with trees gently hugging the landscape. The borders raised upwards gently at first, though in the distance she could see towering mountains that stood sentinel and strong, protecting its inhabitants. She sucked in a deep breath; the scent of sweet, sticky dew and crisp air filled her lungs. Yes, there was no point wasting time worrying about the opinion of one knight when the world before her was so much more captivating.

In the distance she saw a figure moving leisurely toward the pair. Though slightly impatient, the mare made no signs of this and simply watched as the figure grew bigger. As he neared, she let her eyes linger over a toned, handsome body, vision hungrily memorizing the painted stallion with a satisfied smile. Her eyes were like that of a ravenous wolf; the yellow glow carefully eyeing her prey, yet as he grew close enough to see her, she forced a softness in her expression.

Dipping her crown to the stallion, she threw him a wide smile. Oh, there are plenty of things you could do for me, handsome knight, she thought inwardly, but said nothing of the sort. It was not the time for playful banter, and if Alleo was anything to go by, this chief would not appreciate her words. “Alleo tells me your herd offers a home to those in need. It would give me great pleasure to call this herd my own.” She spoke softly, lowering her antlered head respectfully toward the patchwork beauty. “My name is Cheyenne, though you may call me what you wish if it is hard to pronounce.” Often, others had a hard time pronouncing Cheyenne, which was worded as shey-enne and was often difficult on the tongue. Commonly her sisters called her Chi-Chi, though that was quite the most unbecoming nickname for the lady. The very thought of Chi-Chi brought a shudder to her withers.

“talk talk talk”

CHEYENNE

add image credits here