the Rift

[PRIVATE] Just like a fairy tale [Ciceron]

Nyx Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Nyx walked slowly and peacefully through the thistle meadow. A delicate smile drew at her lips as she remembered watching the sun come up that morning. She had been so surprised. It was wonderful to see the sun again. She didn't think she could have bared the darkness for another day. Helovia had been so dark and depressing. Nyx had felt as if she couldn't ever be cheerful again. She was nervous around every corner, thinking that there were predators lurking in the darkness. Her mind had started to play tricks on her. And then dawn had come.

The sun shined its liquid golden rays upon her dark back, warming her. She took a deep breath, inhaling the crisp air. Patches of violet thistle surrounded her. The grass was a lush light green, and crunched lightly under her light grey hooves. A light breeze blew her forelock into her eyes. She shook her head, and felt a burst of energy. She held her head high, snorted and broke into a canter. Her long legs ate up the ground, and she felt as if she could fly. Her long straight black tail blew back behind her and the wind whistled her ears. The violets were a blur of purple in the corner of her eyes. To the right of her there was a wide river, and she started to slow down. Finally she came to a full stop and flared her nostrils; her head held high. This was the best she had felt in days, with the sun finally out.

She walked slowly up to the side of the river, and dunked her muzzle in, drinking long gulps of the frigid water. She finally raised her nose up, and thin drops of water dripped from her whiskers. She backed up and looked around her. She wondered if she would see any other equines around here. She hadn't seen anyone for a while, and was sort of lonely. While the darkness had lasted she had just sort of wandered in the forests. Now that the sun was back she felt as if she could be normal again. She eyed the terrain around her, and felt so peaceful just standing there in the sun's rays. She let out a soft nicker, wondering if anyone would hear her. But her soft voice just got carried away in the breeze. oh well, she thought to herself. She wasn't expecting to see anyone around here anyway. She walked slowly over to a red oak tree and stood under its shade, and sighed peacefully.

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

Upon leaving the threshold the dappled stallion felt the need to put his muscles through some exercise. Walking through the forests of the threshold was nice but one could get quite cramped not being able to maintain normal paces due to the trees, brush and just the overall landscape. Tossing his cranium high in the air he launched himself forward eagerly taking advantage of this open space while he had the chance. There was nothing like just losing yourself to the thrill of discovery and thats just what he was planning to do. Life was too short to just sit back and watch opportunities pass you by so he might as well make the most of it while he still could. Long fluid strides carried him purposefully along the landscape of Helovia making it seem nearly effortless. His past training with his father was evident in his finely built musculature that shaped his steely coloured pelt. He was not one to care much for bragging about appearances but he also hated to hear others talk bad about themselves.

Trotting along the sun made the silver markings upon the lower portion of his body shimmer and shine brightly, the one oddity that you could say was not exactly normal. His blood was rich with both unicorn and regular equine bloodline but the dominant traits were clearly displayed in the unicorn blood. His mother had never met any of their kind until his father happened to come along to theoretically sweep her off her feet. He had heard that terminology used by those in love before but never really understood the phrase. but she never had anything bad to say about anyone. The first four years of his life had been spent with his family and herd learning all there was to learn about military precision, tactics, defense and everything else that went along with it. He had excelled thanks to the ability passed along by his father enabling him to grasp things with a much greater understanding and performance.

A noise interrupted his recollections bringing him back to a steady walk before stopping altogether. Flicking his ears around he found it fairly easy to pick up the sounds of another nearby, turning his head to the source his silver orbs caught sight of a mare standing alone not to far ahead. Being one to enjoy interacting with others he was thrilled to meet another so soon into his journey, what brought her out here all alone. he wondered silently. A rumble escaped his chords calling to the mare gently before his strides carried him forward towards her location.

The wind seemed to carry only her scent which made him curious as to where all the others were, he had been told that many inhabited these lands. "Hello miss, forgive my intrusion my name is Ciceron. What brings you out here all alone?" He said softly offering a smile as his eyes carried over her frame more out of habit briefly before returning to her face as he came to a standstill a couple paces away from the fae respecting her space. Unlike many stallions he was actually one who refused treat females as property using them for whatever they pleased. The thought disgusted him which could be one of many reasons that drove him to seek out what others described as mutual feelings of love. Not that he had had any luck, but he hadn't really been looking either. Hopefully he wouldn't end up frightening the mare, he only hoped to merely speak with her.

tags: @[Nyx]
muse: good
notes: Sorry for delay with posting it took forever for someone to change my guys rank to free him from threshold.

Table and Image by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Unregistered

Nyx

As Nyx stood under the large tree, a breeze picked up, swaying the long grasses, and blowing her mane slightly. The branches above her creaked and groaned. The sun shined on her dark back through the leaves, casting shadows all around her. She pricked her ears, as she heard soft hoof beats crunching the grass. She almost gasped in surprise. She hadn't expected to see anyone way out here. As the figure got closer, she saw that it was a stallion. She let her gaze travel over his figure, and immediately noticed how muscular and strong he was. She wondered if he was part of a herd or if he was he an outcast? He had a dappled steel grey coat and had silvery lines that looked like vines going over his legs and shoulders. His mane was long and grey and reached down to about halfway down his neck.

"Hello miss, forgive my intrusion my name is Ciceron. What brings you out here all alone?" His voice was confident, and broke through the silence. Why was she here alone? She had been an outcast for the past few moons since she had left the herd of her birth. A rogue stallion had killed her mother, and almost had gotten her, but she had escaped, and wandered alone until she had reached Helovia. This was how the jagged silver scar had gotten to her shoulder. Her eyes clouded with sadness as she remembered her old life with her mother, and herd. She had been very close to them but couldn't have bared to stay with the pain of her losses. She had needed a new start.

She felt her shyness take over suddenly and slightly stuttered,
"H-Hello, my name is Nyx. It's nice to meet you. I'm not part of any herd; I'm an outcast." Her voice sounded light and timid compared to his. She smiled softly at him, lowering her eyes. She paused, wondering where he was from or what had brought him out here. She was usually nervous around other stallions because of past experiences, and most stallions she met were obnoxious and arrogant. But he had a kind look in his eyes. She had the feeling that he wouldn't hurt her. "Are you part of a herd? Or are you alone like me?" Her voice was stronger this time.

OOC: Sorry for the long wait! School has been insane.

The breeze brought with it the gentle coolness easing the warmth of the sun as it once again shone brightly in the sky for another day. He had missed seeing the light it brought and the life it gave to many. The stallion stood awaiting the response of the fair maiden that he had happened across in this land as he enjoyed the nice weather. Her frame was slender but she appeared to be in decent health from what he could tell from just observing from where he stood. Dropping his silver orbs to glance around once again he tried to seem casual instead of prying or to intense.

"H-Hello, my name is Nyx. It's nice to meet you. I'm not part of any herd; I'm an outcast." The voice reached him as soft as silk yet he could tell his presence was either making her nervous or uncomfortable. The faintest of quivers laced her tone at first but seeming to overcome something the second set of lyrics were soft yet without too much anxiety which calmed his own nerves slightly. He was not nervous about speaking with the fae he was more nervous about saying something stupid to cause fear or nervousness. Pushing those thoughts aside he focused on just allowing himself to relax and talk as he normally would. "It is nice to make your acquaintance Nyx." He said gently dipping his head and returning her warm smile. He rather liked her name, it sounded unique and elegant just like her.

His prior curiosity about why it was she was all alone proved to be answered in her next statement before she simply returned the question as one of her own. So she was an outcast, somehow he found it hard to believe she had not been swept up by another herd by now but regardless it made no difference to him. "I have only recently come to call the Foothills my herd, before I had been an outcast having left my family to seek my own future." He explained silently wondering if there could be a hope of Nyx also calling the foothills home. So far it seemed like a fairly decent place and there were others who could become friends with her. At least it was better than being alone, but that was her decision to make. Maybe depending on how the conversation progressed he could offer to show her the foothills.

"Have you met any others around here recently?" He asked motioning to the landscape surrounding them. It was a rather pretty place as long as you avoided the thick patches of purple thistles that splotched across the fields randomly. It was much like walking through a maze if you were to pay much attention to the prickly plants and avoid them. On occasion one would run up against skin but it really wasn't all that bad, more uncomfortable than anything as long as it was small. He had no intentions of sticking his foot in one of the larger patches to see how it would fair, that much could be left a mystery for he was not being no test dummy for his own amusement.

tags: @[Nyx]
muse: good
notes: No problem at all. I completely understand :)

[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Unregistered

Nyx

Nyx flicked her long tail that nearly reached the ground. "It is nice to make your acquaintance Nyx." ,the stallion said. He dipped his head respectfully, and smiled back at her. She flushed, slightly self-conscious. She had no idea why she was being like this; so nervous and jumpy. Then he explained that the Foothills was his home, and that he had been an outcast who left his family for a new future. She supposed that this was how most equines ended up in Helovia. Leaving their family on a good note. She had been forced to leave. Sure, it did get lonely wandering alone, but after a while she had started to get used to it. She didn't have to worry all the time about losing anyone she loved. She didn't have to worry about the pain in her heart. Though someplace in her longed to be part of a herd. To have a family, and have other equines to talk to. When she was alone the only thing she had was her own voice echoing in her mind.

He then asked her if she had seen any others recently. She replied, "No, I just wander alone all the time. I haven't seem any others around this area so far, except for you, that is. Though I will admit that it gets kind of lonely. I'm glad that I ran into you, and have someone to speak with for a change. I left my birth herd some moons ago when my mother was killed by a rogue stallion. I barely escaped myself, except for this scar."
she nodded down at her shoulder, pointing out the jagged scar. His light eyes met with her dark ones, and for some reason she felt calmer, more at ease. She laughed softly "I haven't spoken with anyone in so long, my voice sounds strange even to me."

Purple violet flowers surrounded them, and they looked like one big purple blur out of the corner of her eye. This terrain was so peaceful, and quiet except for their voices breaking through the deafening silence.
"I wonder if I could join a herd?" ,she said mostly to herself but it came out loud.

It was clear from the mare's wary tone and her posture that she was rather uncomfortable with the presence of strangers. Though he did not know the reasoning behind it he tried to make himself seem as unthreatening as possible keeping his eyes down and not making to much unnecessary eye contact. The unnatural colouring of his eyes could intimidate some as they did not resemble those of the common traveller. He had been told before of this observation and kept it in the forefront of his mind when meeting others for the first time. On the odd occasion it did happen to come in handy when he was really trying to come across as such but at the moment it was furthest from his mind.

"No, I just wander alone all the time. I haven't seem any others around this area so far, except for you, that is. Though I will admit that it gets kind of lonely. I'm glad that I ran into you, and have someone to speak with for a change. I left my birth herd some moons ago when my mother was killed by a rogue stallion. I barely escaped myself, except for this scar." Following her motion he could see the faint scar over her shoulder. His heart clenched at the pain he was sure that was felt not only physically but emotionally as well. It was not something that he would wish upon anyone, not even his worst enemy, not that he had any to his knowledge so far. "You have my most sincere apologies for the devastating loss, I can not imagine what you had to go through." He said softly wanting to comfort her but knowing better than to invade into her personal space unless invited.

"Your voice is lovely, I am glad to be the one to hear it." Smiling he shook his head to displace some of the pesky flies that had landed there. They were likely one of the worst creations anyone had ever thought of, they were always around to annoy you and did not have any logical purpose other than to feed the lizards and frogs. Surely there had to have been something more logical that could have taken their place. Thinking back to his new home in the Foothills the idea of inviting Nyx dawned on him. Apollo had mentioned at the past meeting that recruitment was needed as their numbers were dwindling. "I'm sure that you would be more than welcome to come live in the Foothills. Everyone I have met seem pretty decent and nice. It would be a great place for you to call home. Only if you wanted that is." He offered politely not wanting to make it seem as if she had no other choice. It was tempting to add in that he would very much enjoy to have her there but he left that out incase it sounded to weird. He was new there as well so they could get to know the area together.

TAGS: @[Nyx]
MUSE: Good
NOTES: Sorry for delay. Have been working some crazy hours at work which unfortunately doesn't leave me a lot of opportunity to get online.

Pixel Base- BronzeHalo