HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) (/showthread.php?tid=21255)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - Ktulu - 10-26-2015

Ktulu</style>
when the sky turns gray and everything is screaming
i will reach inside just to find my heart is beating
</style>

She missed. She fucking missed.

Anger gripped Ktulu's like a vice and she grit her teeth together as she completely missed her target because of the chaos that surrounded the tigress. She wanted to lash out at everyone around her, snap her teeth at them, kick at them, and shove against them to give herself ample room to fight, but in the process she would only turn them against her"Son of a bitch." she growled and she glanced around at the sea of bodies that continued to hurl themselves at the tigress. A glimpse of red and white alerted her to her sister's presence, black and gold screamed that her daughter was also there, but she couldn't get to either of them to help or to protect them.

Fuck it.

The Constrictor threw herself back into the heat of battle, her horn poised and ready for the chance to draw blood and maim. This time, however, she damn near prayed that she wasn't knocked off target by the continuously moving bodies that all attacked and vied for the attention of the Earth God. "This is the last one." She thought as she continued to fight. "No more after this." She moved to the tiger's left, her back hooves dug into the ground and she surged forward, her horn aimed at the tiger's elbow joint. Cripple it. The harder it was for the tiger the move the less likely it was that any more of them would get hurt... at least that was what she hoped.

"."

Image Credits

TEAM EARTH
moves to the tiger's left and tries to stab the elbow joint

RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - Ampere - 10-26-2015

WINDOW SEAT TO CHAOS OVERLOAD

She swept past the battlefield, above it, magic leaping from the beat of her wings in unseen gales that would rip storms between the souls of the damned - of the bonded. It was oddly cathartic. Even as the tar exploded in fire and shouting rose like a clamor, Ampere coasted on, a small smile playing on her lips. The world burned and screams wailed out, whether born of attack or agony was indiscernible, and Ampere felt peace. This war, whichever one she was fighting for or wrapped up in, it did something to channel the mare's restless energy and volatile personality. It helped define her, grounded her among a place that had always felt like home no matter who else had been present.

It was life.

Her gaze was naturally drawn to the stallion swaddled in flames as she enjoyed the beauty of the moment, but all too quickly the distant bliss was wrenched away. The fires suddenly felt hot and so very close, and the blood and the sweat and the stink of fear wrinkled her nose with disgust. Gone was the meadow of flowers, each fighter a petal dancing in the breeze. Come was the field of bones and rot where the horrors of war sowed.

Within the heart of that change was him.

Not Gaucho, though he was there too, his movement drawing her eye, and with it her heart. There, in that moment, flames billowing against more flames, Ampere saw the other piece of her being.
"Zèklè," she whispered, but then why was she screaming?

"Z-"
Her heart hammered.
She watched him ignite beside Gaucho. Lub dub
"ZER-"
Her wings sang.
She watched him ascend the stairway to heaven. Lub dub. Whump whump
"ZEROO-"
Her magic snarled.
She watched him hurl himself forward. Lub dub. Whump whump. bzt tst
"ZEROOOO!"

Her shield was flung from her back, its width expanding into the glorious metal sun it encompassed, set to sail between her boy and the fearsome tiger. Simultaneously she reached, claws, tore for the electric signals that hummed inside of him just as easily as they did outside his golem. Once she found them she jerked on them, attempting to control his body, to direct the electrical currents inside of him and around him and fling him back and away. Beyond her shiny item and her terrifying abilities however, was Ampere's body, which darted into the space between the god and the stupid child. Her feathers flared, wings and tail expanding as her momentum was forced to a halt, so that her flesh might take whatever unfortunate fate would have befallen him.

She only hoped she wasn't too late,

A M P E R E

darya87.deviantart.com

Team protect @Zèklè
Throws her shield in front of him, tries to use her magic to force him back, and puts her body between him and the tiger. Mentions Gaucho as well!

RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - Naerys - 10-27-2015

N
A
E
R
Y
S
She'd been frozen in fear, so much so that she hardly noticed when Alysanne stepped in front of her. The island itself is littered with a cacophony of sounds; the shouts, the rumbles, the grunts and groans and cries but perhaps the most distinct of all is the sound of flesh, hooves, and horns pounding and piercing flesh. Overhead, the sounds of many great wings flapping and once, very faintly, she hears a snap. A sound that she couldn't begin to understand at just a year of age but as her eyes scan the battlefield once more, she sees the pale filly in a heap and once again she's quickly surrounded by bodies. Still, she can't move. Not until she sees the hot tar splatter up towards them... and straight into her mother's wings.

"MOMMA!" she shouts, her voice unhindered by any need or desire to be seen a certain way. In that instant, fear shifts almost instantaneously into anger. Her young face set with determination, the usually vibrant teal of her eyes darkens and her eyelids narrow slightly. The girl is smoldering and boy is she pissed. The extent of her mother's injuries doesn't even matter. What matters is that the black tar came from that damned tiger and it hurt. her. mother. Her jaw clenches and with a few hard thrusts, she launches herself into the air leaving behind her patch of passionflowers to slowly wilt and die.

Once in the air, the girl manages to hover for several more moments. Every ounce of her wanted to just leap into the fray and allow the anger to override everything - including her better judgment. She holds back, perhaps because of her mother's presence or perhaps for another reason entirely. Whatever the reasons are, they mean little to nothing to the girl in that moment. What matters is carefully watching the battle unfold, biding her time for the perfect opening. Naerys is nothing if not careful and that certainly applies here. She watched as her aunt landed her hit on the tiger's spine and though her heart leapt with excitement and pride, she kept quiet. Naerys didn't want to be a distraction, didn't want to throw her aunt off balance and end up injured.

And that's when she sees her opening. In all the commotion below, she found herself a gap over the beasts spine. The girl descends with a fierce determination, angling her wings for a swift descent and aiming her hooves out in front of her. Naerys aims to smash her hooves into the tiger's back. She didn't have time to wish or hope for the success she desires. She doesn't have time to worry about how her mother or aunt might react. She could deal with the consequences later, assuming she made it out of this fight alive.
Image Credit

Team Earth God
Is angered by her mother's wings getting splattered with hot tar, launches herself into the air where she waits for her opening then she descends with the intent of smashing her hooves into the tiger's spine.
@Alysanne

RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - Zenobia - 10-27-2015

Shit, shit, shit. I saw the crocodile get shoved away but even my wings could not slow my dive. All I could do was brace for the impact. What a mighty warrior I must look like. Along the way I collided with something scaley, but that sensation was quickly overwhelmed by the intense pain scorching through my skin. Heat burned an easy pathway underneath my protective layer of hair - oh god that smell of burning. My left hip and flank seered in pain. Teeth gritted as I tried to blink away the instinctually tears in my eyes. Fuck. It hurt. I could already feel it begin to bubble as blisters slowly formed on my skin.

During my attempt to stop my descent, I managed to screw up my right shoulder. Awesome. As if to distract myself from the pain (yeah right), my eyes darted up to see what I had collided with. A dragon, which was surely someone's companion. "Sorry buddy!" I cried to the dragon, my voice quivering in pain.

Hooves decided to stay rooted as I looked for my father. I spotted who he was heading for and nodded my head to myself. Zero. If this was any other situation I would have laughed at the young foal's actions, a risky little daredevil that didn't let others deter them. Except this... Fuck. I wish I could protect the innocence of his soul from this slaughter. As he climbed I faced the tigress, making sure to keep my peripheral vision glued to the boy.

"Hey, bitch." I growled, voice low due to the pain. If anything I just wanted to get her attention. Recklessly I charged toward her, not daring to take the skies. I was wary of the tar surrounding the tigress and the flames that still burned. It was risky, but I aimed to rear up and slam my hooves down on her spine. Crack it, crack it. I attempted to bite the tigress for good measures. This was the best way I could protect my family and the Dragon's Throat at the moment: by felling this wicked beast.

Team Earth God
mentions @Aaron (his dragon), @Zèklè, @Gaucho
summary the tigress is shoved out of her way and trying to stop her dive she injures a muscle in her right shoulder. receives second degree burns along the way due to fire.

seeing zero and her father, she does her best to distract the tiger. recklessly charges it before rearing and trying to crash her front hooves into it's spine. also aims a nip at it for good measures.
Image Credits

RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - Nuray - 10-27-2015

stars in your multitudes, scarce to be counted. filling the darkness with order and light.
You are the sentinels. silent and sure. keeping watch in the night.
With every action came a consequence. The feeling of her horn piercing through the tiger's eye sent a shiver along her spine. Eye juice was staining her horn. When she pulled it out of the now empty socket it took every ounce of willpower not to gag as the eyeball dripped onto her. A shiver ran along her spine and immediately she wished to cleanse herself in the clear water before any taint could ruin her purity. Unfortunately, this became a secondary need to the pain that suddenly engulfed her.

The heretic swiped at the silken maiden. Claws raked - no, gouged - down her right shoulder and deep into her side. Warmth quickly began to spill out of her. Her clean skin and what little hair she had was stained by her own blood. The metallic scent caused her nose to scrunch up. Nuray gritted her teeth as pain coursed through her body. Golden eyes narrowed like daggers as she glared at the tigress. Her body trembled from the severe injuries, yet the mare did not back away.

Begon, filthy cretin! Her horns sought for the creature's eyes once again, the female attempting to stab the other eye out. This time she would not pull away if she struck, even if her aim was off. She would push further and try to skewer the tiger's brain with her horns. Nuray was keenly aware of the blood she was losing. Hopefully, this demon would fall soon. She required medical help, she knew that. However, she refused to be driven away until her job was done.

"Talk?"

Team Earth God
mentions n/a
summary stabs the tigress' eye out making her wish to purify herself from the eye guts immediately. claws gouge her right shoulder and run down to her sides. blood immediately begins to spill.

instead of withdrawing nuray tries to stab the creature's other eye out. if she hits anywhere she wishes to shove her horns even further in an attempt to skewer the demon's brain.
image credits

@Random Event - HFH

RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - Evaneska - 10-27-2015

No. Nonononono. Let this be a dream. Please, whoever is listening, don't let this be real. Nirvana was offered by the Gods of this land, but at what cost? The natives did not deserve to suffer like this. This wasn't right. Reverse back time and send us back if you most, but please.. Stop this bloodshed, this warfare. Especially... let this little one have her life back.

I had tried to protect her, but I had failed. There was nothing I could do - yet again - but watch as her small, fragile body was sent flying like a ragdoll. For a while, all I could do was stand there. Guilt threatened to choke me. I had witnessed her mother die and now.. No, she wouldn't die. She couldn't. Not someone this young, not in this land that was supposed to be safe.

By the time I found myself capable of moving a swarm of healers had surrounded her. Again I realized there was positively nothing I could do, but stand there and watch. Little One, please be alright. Please. I prayed to whoever would answer. The God of Earth, as everyone had called him, stood in front of us - her - with spread wings. The protection came too late, but I didn't dare voice this. Because, at the end of the day, I had been incapable of protecting her from the raging tigress. From one of my own cruel and sick gods.

Numbly I approached the group yet kept far enough away. I did not wish to get in their way. “Will she be..?” My voice cracked, but the question was clear. “I'm so sorry, little one.”

Team Earth God
mentions mainly erthe
summary unable to protect the child, she watches the scene numbly. evaneska finds herself frozen with guilt before she quietly approaches the healers and the foal.

RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - Miykael - 10-27-2015

I WAS MADE TO KEEP YOUR BODY WARM
BUT I'M COLD AS THE WIND BLOWS SO HOLD ME IN YOUR ARMS

None of it made any sense. Neither the expansions nor the battles that followed each new land. It didn't seem worth it. So far, it brought little more than pain, death, and strange new diseases. Yet even as he grows weary, heavily battle-worn despite not actually fighting. He hasn't been completely useless, however. In fact, he's used his healing magic so often that he's almost in a perpetual state of pain. Something he is decidedly unused to. Once again his magic pulls the blackness from the lungs, this time it's another unicorn mare of... you know what? He doesn't rightly care where she's from. She turns to him, offers her thanks then charges into the fray. He returns her smile without a word, deciding instead to focus his attention on the sounds of the battle - searching for the strangled cries of pain or cries for help.

A sickening snapping sound indicates a broken bone and though he manages to hold back a wince, his blue eyes search for the possible victim. And that's when he sees that pale filly again. Resplendence and several others are already there, already tending to the small girl. They had enough hooves and minds working together for the girl, so he makes no move towards her. Instead, he returns his attention to the remainder of the battle.

Wherever he finds the wounded, he seems to find others already there for their aide. So he simply lingers on the outskirts, watching and waiting. Until Naerys' voice, shocked and angry, bursts across the battlefield. He whips his head towards where she stood with Alysanne only to watch helplessly as the girl burst into the air, joining the chaos exactly as she'd done in the Flats. He wants to yell at her, to tell her to get away from the fight. He wants to tell her that she's far too young, that she'll get hurt - just like Erthe. But he knew it would be useless. Naerys won't listen. He can see the determination creasing her youthful face. Only death or serious injury could stop the girl now.

Moving with haste, the healer moves to Alysanne and lowers his gaze to the hot tar splattered across her wings. "Aly... are you alright?" concern shines clearly in his bright blue eyes but he doesn't move to embrace her like he used to, he doesn't make any assumptions. Once his initial exam of her injuries is over, the stallion turns his gaze back to the battle. His eyes fall on the colt, Aeolus, and notices the black stuff staining his face. Without further thought or question, he summons his light in the boy's chest. Once there, he allows it to grow and expand; encasing his chest and lungs in the warm, soothing light. After several moments, he lets go of the magic and allows it to fade - hopefully obliterating the disease along with it. The pounding in his head intensifies, but he does his best to simply hide it.

MY HEART'S AGAINST YOUR CHEST, YOUR LIPS PRESSED TO MY NECK
I'M FALLING FOR YOUR EYES, BUT THEY DON'T KNOW ME YET
AND WITH THIS FEELING I'LL FORGET, I'M IN LOVE NOW
Image Credits

Team Earth God
Successfully cures Ahvelyn, hears Naerys' shout and freaks out. He runs to Alysanne, checking on her and her injuries before turning to use his Healing Magic on Aeolus to cure him of GLL.
@Alysanne
@Aeolus

RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - Parelia - 10-27-2015

PARELIA
Honest hearts are undercover. We are shadows on our own
Hazel eyes flashed angrily as her flames merely singed and mildly burnt the beast. A screech from her soul-mate drew the mare's attention away. "PENNA!" She screamed flying towards the falcon even as he was knocked from the skies. Fear thrummed through her heart as her eyes grew wide and everything else vanished. The bird hit with a thump the air knocked from his lunges, feathers singed, he lay at the base of a tree. Cream hooves thundered down next to him as her muzzle flew to his feathery body. "P...Penna?" Tiny head lifted and he cooed softly at her. Relive flooded her lithe body as she gazed down at him. Lowering her head she allowed him to peck and claw his way up to her withers. 'Lets get you somewhere safe sweetheart. Then I'll make that thing pay...'

Carefully she flew up and away hoovering beside a tree well out of harms away. He settled himself in the crook of a large branch tucking his head under a tender wing. 'I'll be back with a healer once this is all done.' He cooed once more before the mare flew back to the fight.

Fresh vigor and anger sounded through ever fiber of her being as she circled the crowd once. Bright eyes caught sight of Ktulu charging in for an attack, and she dove to help. Landing beside the dark mare she reared sharp hooves aiming for the back of the tiger's elbow, hoping to pop it out of place. She wanted to make this fucking beast pay for what she had done to Penna. May she fell the wrath of a bonded mare. After slamming down the mare knew she couldn't contain the fire burning within her chest any more. She flew away; up towards the cat's face. Blue flames erupted along her body. Still trying not to cause harm to anyone else she tried to fly in front of the massive cat's face. If her plan worked she would run her flames along the cat's face, maybe draw it's attention away from everyone else. Now she was thankful for the blood Penna had gouged from her neck and shoulder, maybe that would aid her in this fight.

Speaking  Penna

Words; 371
Tags;
Notes; TEAM EARTH!!!! Penna hits a tree she takes him away. Then she comes back and lands beside @Ktulu and tries to knock the tiger's elbow forward and out of socket. Unable to hold her magic in any longer she tries to fly infront of the tiger's face sweeping along infront of her snout trying to burn it as much as possible and avoid everyone else.

RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - Enna - 10-27-2015

something filled up my heart with nothing

Pain. It is the first thing that registers within the darkness. You try to pull from it, try to remove yourself from the burning substance that seems to just stick, your mass too heavy to budge anyways. There is screaming, though you do not know where it comes from, if it is you or someone else, real or something spawned within this abyss. You can feel something near, something substantial linger near you, a voice cutting through the screams that is all too loud, all too sharp. Quiet, you try to say but you know nothing fumbles from your lips, your body numb save for the agony that has consumed much of your left side as well as your head. The presence is followed by a second one, a silent one, and a third that as its voice reaches you it is familiar. ‘Enna,’ she says, and something inside you stirs, a flicker of light visible from behind the curtain of your eyelids. It stings, whatever she does next, the smell not altogether unpleasant though certainly strange, something that sticks out amongst the throng of sweat and blood and fear. Another stumbles about, thankfully wordlessly, before his movement becomes silenced as well. It sends a spark of panic through you, your body feeling nothing beneath it or above it in any direction, save for the aching. Besides their movement you had nothing tying you to the earth, and this feeling of weightlessness is enough to make you sick. It is almost too much to bear, the heat of tears filling the space between eyelid and eye uncomfortably as you try once more to move, to break from whatever this prison you have found yourself in is. ‘Enna!’ But this one, this is not only familiar; it pulls at you, quells your panic if only for a fraction of a second, brings the world into your grasp again. ‘Enna,’ Quiet this time, and yet it forces you awake, his name on your lips as you stir against the ground, his breath hot and oddly comforting against your cheek, his touch enough to make you forget everything else. ‘Will she be all right?

“I’m—“ hurting, I’m hurting, it fucking burns. But it does not matter. “okay, I’m okay.” He matters. The seemingly distant images of him too close to jaws that would bring death sending your heart into a fit as it spirals down, down, down, to the floor of your stomach, and too heavy to hold, matters. You swing your head around, eyes blinking against the brightness as you struggle to find him despite knowing exactly where he stands, too entirely far although he is physically close, too far when you only want to feel him, touch him, breathe him. And so you fight against the weight of your limbs, your mind swimming within your head, too disconnected from your body for your movements to be anything short of pitiful as you try once, twice, thrice, before finally lurching from the ground on shaky legs, stumbling just far enough to find your chest colliding as gently as possible with his side, his scabs rough against your flesh, causing a grimace, but the wounds are healing, so your lips trace nimbly over every possible inch to make sure that he is whole instead of fretting over something old in this moment.  It is only as they move up his neck, pass under the thick curls of hair, to the defined line of his jaw that you freeze, the acrid stench of blood fresh and wet as it permeates your skin, sends your nostrils flaring, your eyes shooting open once more in to the blinding light and the darkness of the shadows in the trees, the contrast too much and not enough all at once.

“Rohan,” what is enough is the dark stain trickling down against his sand-carved face, angry and red and too out of place to ever be anything but alarming. “Please, don’t stay here.” A mumble against his cheek, your eyes desperately searching through heavy, elongated blinks for his gaze, for a reason to the stream of blood seemingly pouring from his ear. “Let me—” you inhale sharply, your body trembling from the pain that sears your shoulder, the exposed tissue and muscle caked grotesquely with tar burning like a thousand suns, eclipsed only by your concern, your need for him, for him to be as far away from here as possible. It is only then that you call upon your magic, only then that nothing is your answer. It does not spark to life, does not swell like a current through you. It does nothing, and the emptiness is more lonely than you ever could have imagined. You try again through your hazy mind, the act of concentration enough to exhaust your already exhausted body, your eyes widening with a new sense of terror as this sole realization clutches at your heart. “L-et-let me help you, please—please.” The words barely make it out, more of a croak than anything else as the lump in your throat grows, eyes leaking a wetness that is not quite tears as your desperation settles in, the disconnect from your magic, your ability to help, opening the floodgates to the panic you had so far managed to suppress. “We can’t stay here.” But you do not wait for an answer, dreading the possibility of questions. You turn your head as quickly as you can manage to acknowledge the dappled man, your lord and your prince, to Tia, even though their attentions are focused elsewhere, before you brush tenderly past your sandstone man, slowly making your way to the fringes of the fight with the full expectation for him to follow.

team earth god/lets gtfo
SO IM REALLY SORRY SHE KIND OF IGNORED CICERON/DEIMOS/TIA/EREBOS, SHE WAS SUPER OUT OF IT AND JUST WANTED ROHAN. BUT I PROMISE I'LL MAKE IT UP TO YOU GUYS LATER <3
first chunk is basically her still knocked out/in a semi conscious state but nothing actually happens outside of her mind as far as her actions go
she then wakes up and stumbles to rohan and notices the blood from HFH, tries to heal him but is way too mentally/physically exhausted to, then plans to rescue him from the battle to tend to him elsewhere instead

RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - Ilios - 10-27-2015

Ilios
He grins as his hooves glance off of the beast's head. Sure it wouldn't knock the thing out or even kill it, but at least he made contact. Next he turned his attention to Ranjiri and protecting her. Then a voice he had never wanted to hear cry out like that shook the air. 'Mother, Penna!' Instantly he flew up towards the cream and white mare. Silver eyes flashed with fear as he saw her sailing towards her falcon. He flew above the fray watching them ready to fly in and help if they needed him. Relive flickered through his body as he watched Penna climb on his mother and them fly off. The falcon would be okay; he would make sure a healer saw to them before they left.

Turning back with new anger in his heart the stallion turned back to the fight eyes searching carefully. He saw a younger filly flying towards the tiger. He races to her side, hooves poised to strike along side her. He is careful to watch her, ready to take any backlash for the young mare. If he could help it, she would not get hurt. He much rather take every ounce of pain upon himself than allow anyone else to feel the sting of it. 'Gods if anyone has to get hurt again let it be me! Keep my families safe, take me instead!' He closed his eyes for a moment taking a deep breath before opening his mouth and letting forth a warrior cry to end all cries.
Wonderings   Talking
Words: 258
OOC: TEAM EARTH!!! Flies up to check on Penna and Parelia then dives with @Naerys and tries to smash the tiger's spin and take any damage that might affect her.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~ Robert Frost

RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) -
Ranjiri - 10-27-2015

It gave me a sick feeling in my stomach to hear and feel the tiger's bones being crushed under my hooves. I knew that we had to fight against her to protect Helovia, but it still didn't feel right to fight and kill and for my own sanity and peace of mind I hoped that it would never feel right to me. I barely registered Ilios as he landed next to me, I was too focused on fighting against the tiger and hoping that the battle would end soon. Evil or not I still didn't feel like it was right to make anything suffer before death finally took over.

The cut my horn made was shallow and as the tiger moved I backed away from her and was thankfully out of reach of its claws and teeth. I could see the little filly that I had protected during the Moon Goddess' battle get thrown across the battlefield and my heart lurched. Another mare was trapped under the tiger's paw and another was slashed by its claws as it fought to stay alive while we fought to kill it. Then I saw Dragomir across the battlefield, fire dancing around his legs from whatever sloppy fiery attack someone thought was appropriate.

It was overwhelming and after three previous god fights I hated it.

The screams, the cries, the roars, the smell of blood, everything that went along with the fight left me feeling sick to my stomach and I wanted to run away from it all. In the end my sense of duty and my loyalty to my herd and my friends was what made me stay. That was was what made me join the others that were attacking the tiger's chest. I could only hope and pray that my horn would pierce the tiger's heart and kill it so that it wouldn't suffer anymore and so no one else would be injured in a fight that never should have been ours.

"."

you won’t forget the heavy steps it took to let it go
close your eyes, count to ten, hold your breath and fly
image credits

TEAM EARTH
tries to stab the tiger's chest and hopes to hit its heart

RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - Mordecai - 10-27-2015

She was doing good. She was doing so good until some assbag of a pegasus slammed into her in the air and knocked her to the ground. It all happened so fast and the girl was so new at flying that she couldn't catch herself before she hit the ground. Her right leg was the first to hit the ground, but then she kept falling. She flapped her wings, trying to catch herself, but her side hit the ground and her wing was trapped at an awkward angle under her. Pain shot through the wing joint into her shoulder and in her pain her anger skyrocketed. Mordecai clambered to her hooves, her black eyes wild as she searched for the feathery asshole that had knocked her out of the sky.

The main problem was that she didn't know which feathery asshole was the one that had knocked her down. As she looked around she saw the equine filly that had shouted at Abraham over her stupid feather and a unicorn stallion attacking Abraham. She couldn't help but think that the two of them were incredibly stupid for attacking Abraham instead of the tiger, but he was a big boy and could crush them easily enough on his own.

Mordecai's anger had lost a little of its edge, which allowed her to focus on the tiger once more. It was bleeding and blinded and needed to just die. The dark girl kept her hooves firmly on the ground as she focused her magic once more on the tiger. Instead of going for the eyes again she attempted to turn the blood that coursed through every inch of the tiger's massive body into acid. Maybe her acid would eat away veins and arteries and make the tiger bleed out where it stood. She hoped.

"."

MORDECAI

when the last light warms the rocks and the rattlesnakes unfold
mountain cats will come along to drag away your bones

TEAM EARTH
tries to turn the tiger's blood to acid

RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - Vadim - 10-27-2015

look into my eyes</style>

its where my demons hide
</style>

It all seems to happen in slow motion. Vlasi is screaming in his head that Erthë is separated from her by the bodies of those fighting. The tiger's massive paw swipes and his daughter is sent flying across the battlefield. The forest he created disappears as he runs toward his daughter, but just as he reaches her she disappears and he's left standing, staring down at the place where she lay only a few seconds before. "Erthë!" Vadim shouts and he looks, desperate to find her and protect her because he can't lose her too.

When he sees her she is by the Earth God, surrounded by healers. The only one Vadim knows is Badger and that is only because he was present at her birth. He runs, shoving past anyone that stands in his way as he attempts to get to his daughter and when he reaches her he touches his muzzle to her cheek before he lifts his head to look at Badger. "How bad?" He demands and as he does so Vlasi curls up beneath Erthë's neck so the girl can use her as a pillow.

He wants to hit Badger, to shout at him and demand that he do everything in his power to help Erthë even though he knows that the gelding already would. "Help her." He says, anyway. "Do whatever you can. Please...." Then, even though he doesn't want to, he moves aside to let Badger do his job. He places himself in front of them, his ears back and his eyes hard as he stands guard because he won't allow anyone or anything else to hurt his child.

"."

Image Credits

TEAM EARTH
protects @Erthë and @Badger

RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - Dovahkiin - 10-27-2015

Ahrk fin Kel lost prodah, do ved viing ko fin krah,
Tol fod zeymah win kein meyz fundein!

It wasn't really a surprise when she felt herself being jostled on both sides, bodies bumping into her hard enough that she is certain bruises will blossom across her hide. They slowed her down, sent her off of her course which ultimately causes her to stop. She needed to readjust herself, and fast. The dark and brightly striped mare gave a quick sweep of the battlefield with her sickly green eyes. What in the fuck is she even doing here? This isn't her battle. She has no herd affiliation. Her loyalty is, as it always would be, to herself alone. It didn't make any sense that she felt compelled to attack the tiger with the rest of them. But she couldn't ignore the desire, couldn't ignore the incessant pull to feel her red-tipped antlers tear into the beasts flesh.

From somewhere, water spilled onto the tiger, granting her just enough time to find the beast again and zero in on her. With a renewed sense of vigor, the dragonborn surges forward; long dual-toned locks flowing behind her like a banner of death. Well-toned, firm muscles ripple beneath her striped hide and as she draws near she lowers her head once more to aim her antlers at the tiger's side. She longs to hear the sounds of her rack pummeling and tearing at the flesh, longs to hear the cries of pain from the beasts lips. In the precious seconds before potential impact, she finds herself praying to Akatosh for accuracy. She can't fail this time. She won't.

DOVAHKIIN
image credit

Team Earth God
Gets bumped into and thrown off her course, causing her to pause. Isopia's water helps her to pinpoint the tiger and once again she charges at the tiger's side, hoping to hit it with her antlers.

RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - Beest - 10-27-2015

Beest
move through me - i'll be your triumph

Everything was burning. Beest's whole body filled itself with adrenalin. He wasn't able to stop coughing as smoke filled his lungs. Did these creatures care nothing about their environment? They were just burning everything to the ground as soon as they saw something that didn't float their boat. Sure, Beest didn't know what had been going on before the tiger appeared, snarling, dripping tar. Sure, it truly was a terrifying creature. But did they have to go berserk like they were doing now? Soon nothing would be alive on this island, what wasn't burnt already would be suffocated by the chemical smoke. As he decided to run as far away as he could from this curious war, a tremor shook him of his feet. Slight jolts of pain ran through his body as he got up. His knees turned red and sore, but there was too much going right now to worry about his tiny injury.
Instead of finding higher ground the bay decided to change his plan, as the sea seemed to remain calm. He would stay on lower ground instead, trying to avoid the toxic fumes as much as possible. As he attempted to gallop towards safety, head held low, nostrils flared wide open in an attempt to breathe in enough oxygen, a vaguely familiar figure welled up from the mist. As she rushed to close the gap between herself and Beest he slowed down to a full stop. His blank eyes stared at her, his body stuck in a barren stun. Her were characteristics so inevitable, there was no chance on the world it could be someone else. But he had never thought he would run into her again.
"Yeah, I'm alright. It's just a scratch. The tremors..." Just as he thought she didn't recognise him she started screaming his name. Beest couldn't suppress a grin as she grew more excited to see him and reached out to softly bump her nose. "Maren," he replied kindly. Wow, had she grown. His gaze followed her every movement. He nodded in agreement with her statement. This couldn't have been a worse timing if they tried, but inside his heart swell with a joy he had long forgotten. Again, he merely shook his head in response to what the tiger mare said. He was longing to catch up with his old friend, one of the few he actually truly connected to, but there was no time for such a thing in this chaos. "I just got here. I have no idea what's going on." He stated, though his tone was begging for some more explanation. Looking back over his shoulder he noticed the fires were getting worse, and the urge to leave grew as his body filled itself with adrenaline again.
He focused on Maren again and let his tongue speak the words that had been burning in his mind all along.
"What do I do?"

"talk talk talk"

Beest changes his mind about searching for higher grounds and decided to stick to lower grounds in order to avoid the smoke. Then he catches up with his old friend Maren.

Credits
Table by Tamme ♥

@Maren

RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - Aithniel - 10-27-2015

AITHNIEL
So curious this Earth God....
Her fire didn't quite reach the tigress, and she rolled her eyes in irritation. Somedays battles went her way, and others it seemed like divine intervention wholly defied logic. Then again, most of the divine, she noticed, defied logic. It was sometimes beautiful and sometimes terrible. Absently, she wondered if the Earth God truly believed that he was their salvation, a redeemer who kept them from enslavement. Were those from the Rift truly enslaved at all? In a a way they were all at the mercy of the Helovian gods, shackled to them for magic and accessories.

Wasn't that slavery? Forced dependency?

Aithniel narrowed her eyes curiously and hissed a breath as flames licked along her right leg. "Ow! Dammit!" she grunted, jumping away and shaking her head. The fire child jumped into the air then, spreading her wings and thinking about her unhatched egg. It was sitting safe in a secret location, somewhere far far away from this disaster. She wanted to be there when it cracked, unlike herself. She wanted to name it too. Take care of it in ways she was not. This battle needed to end, and quickly.

Fire was her only ally, and she kicked her heels together, igniting a spark that plumed into dangerous flames. She aimed at the tigress, a willing pawn in this battle of gods. Her hooves would not set foot beyond her allowed squares - not this time. Her fight against the moon goddess was enough to give her some wisdom to pick and choose her battles. This one was not worth fighting. Aithniel threw the fireball at the tigress, hearing the cries of anguish below. Some foal got hurt, apparently.

Perhaps she should have stayed home. Silver eyes, hard as stone and shimmering with apathy fought hard, determined to make it back to her egg - her only family.

Image Credit

Team Earth God
throws a fireball at tigress from the air

RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - Roskuld - 10-27-2015

Bullshit, you said.

You said into my head.

Actual words you said.

Bullshit, was the thing you decided to say to me.

The very first words you could form with your mental voice.

And it’s like…I dunno, I’d never been so proud of you before now.

You couldn’t have picked better words.

You were wrong and you felt wrong and so did the rest of the world—an entire universe I never even knew could possibly exist. And—honestly—it was doing a shitty job at doing that. I remember my Pa saying something about that bear god being “sick”. And if this was the place he had come from, then I knew full on that my Pa hadn’t been talking out his ass.

This was some Bull. Shit.

It’s no wonder my Pa had pulled that land out of the vortex of…of…whatever the hell this was. My mind couldn’t grasp it, its darkness and the twists of lime green bile and hate that swirled around so wrongly, such utter bullshit that made my eyes spin and my body throb all kinds of wrong, wrong, wrong. I didn’t know how I ended up there; the only thing I remember with concrete certainty was looking into the golden eyes of that Pretending Bitch and ream her ass a new one for trying to fuck it all up when our loved-ones were in danger (Did she have loved ones? Was she capable of stuff like that? Or did she think about it too hard—)

I guess sometime after the fight I’d been sucked into the vortex of sick that the rotting bear carcass had left behind—and I’m not sure how long I’d been in here, either.

Long enough to really know sickness, I guess.

Long enough for you to learn how to say bullshit and call out the world for what it was.

Long enough for my bones to ache, because this wasn’t my world and it was sick, sick, sick all over.

….no, I can’t say I know how long I’d been in there. It was dark though, dark in my head and in my eyes, so that it was something like…

….a dream

…and when the world cracked around me and I felt something fresh wash over the land I wandered through—it felt like I was opening my eyes from a deep, deep slumber.

It didn’t feel like Pa but it was a god nonetheless (the buzz was unmistakable in my blood), and the rise in my spirit told me this was a power from a plane I knew well. It felt like the world tipped when the god of bones Earth (so many bones to pick with that guy) righted the wrongs of this land, just like it feels like to wake up from something too deep to handle—so my mind scrabbled to catch up to the scene that played out before me.

It was familiar (it’ll always be familiar, I should learn that soon), but that didn’t mean I had my head in it, anyway. A battle was unfurling, just like the last time—and just like the last time, dark and pale figures shifted about the claws of something yearning to fuck them up, and it turns out all of those figures were, in fact, pieces of my heart flitting around begging to be killed.

My family—my friends. All fighting a sickened god, while I laid there in the sand (fuck me) with bones too stunned to move and a head too shaken to see straight.

Bullshit.

[Team Bullshit

Summary: Has been trapped in the Rift for some time. Is thrust back into the Helovian plane along with the Riptide Isles and is too disoriented to fight. Kind of lays there and gurgles.]
"talking"

Quit Hollerin' "Why God?", he ain't got shit to do with it.
♥♥ kate has it going on

RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - Archibald - 10-27-2015

archibald
   the dauntless

There is satisfaction in their movements of war before there is disappointment. Loretta's teeth sink into the flesh of the Tiger God before them, and the taste of iron--hot and warm and alluring--sends waves of determination through her body. Though small compared to this savage beast, the cur was as fierce as could be. In her heart, so closely tied to that of the Dauntless, she would always be ready and willing to battle, wage war, bring death. Even in the days when Archibald made her sit aside from his spars, she yearned to match his stride well and help him bring his opponents to their knees. The fact that their opponent now was a god did not change that. Loretta was as loyal to Archibald as she was her own self, and it would be hard to change that.

But someone, something managed to do so. The emotions that flowed between two hears and the thoughts that sparked between two minds severed, leaving a hollow space in the warlord's mind and a more primitive wall erected in the dog's.

As Archibald slammed into the Tiger he felt the hot, sticky tar run through the seams of his armor. An angry roar of pain left his throat and he thrust his body forward, trying to move away from the tar (that would eventually become fire around him). As he moved, the spot Loretta took up in his soul was suddenly gone. Panic rose in his heart like bile in the back of his throat, and vehemence boiled unbridled in his chest. Another roaring neigh left his throat, and through his pain the Dauntless shoved his weight forward and delivered a debilitating kick toward the Tiger God's back leg with his own, shod hind hoof. Simultaneously, Archibald summoned his magic to seize the tigress and turn her bones to stone.

"Loretta!" Archibald called out, golden eyes searching for his companion. He heard her yelp loudly, and watched as she staggered away from the tar and the tigress as the black substance--so like the ooze that dripped from his face not long ago--burst to flame. The red and white dog moved to safety, and out of the corner of his eye Archibald watched as a black and white figure was thrown to the ground. Loretta was behind it--it, being Roskuld, Archibald realized--and quickly the titan moved to get between the demigod and the tigress. OPHELIA! his mind screamed, golden eyes searching for the mother of this filly that lay grumbling in the lush grasses. Turning his massive body, Archibald lowered his head and waited like a mountain before Roskuld, ready to protect her with his life. As he did so, Archibald was covered in the familiar sensation of burned, ripped, demolished skin and muscle being stitched back together.

i-mi

CONTEST WINNER -- TEAM EARTH GOD -- With a silenced bond, Loretta panics and runs from the fire. Confused, Archibald tries to talk to her but nothing happens. Angry, he suspects its because of the Tiger and tries to turn her bones to stone then kick her back leg with his back legs. Moves between the fight and ROSKULD to protect her. and calls mentally for OPHELIA. Mentions Resplendence's healing.

Roskuld, Ophelia @Random Event -- HFH (Ampere's magic hits him)

RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - Rune - 10-27-2015

rune
It's always been us against the world.

Where was I?

I had been taken from the rift, and now I was in a strange new land. How did I know? Well besides the sickening transportation, it just felt... different.

Cold eyes watch from within the jungle, where a sleek figure hides. She isn't tall, but she isn't small either. She has the graceful looks of the andalusian, with her long mane and tail, rounded haunches and large shoulder. She also holds the lithe athletic figure of the warmblood, and the thoroughbred. Her barrel is long, a graceful warmblood neck, adorned with a handsome head and what would be a kind eye if it where not for the cold distant look that settled in them. Her legs where long, but not thin, holding some thickness, showing her warmblood heritage. Strength shows in her body, and even in her eyes. She holds herself with a regal manner, with confidence. Why wouldn't she have confidence? 

So her eyes narrowed, as the scene unfolds in front of her. The battle raging on, and soon the damn tiger would be dead. There was no doubt. Not even a god could fight against the bombardment it was having.

For some time the black and gold adorned woman watches, but she soon decides that it is no battle she wishes to fight. In silence she turns, moving away and deep into the jungle. They needed no help. The woman doesn't even look behind her, but walks on, fading into the foliage. Maybe someone would notice, and follow after her. Maybe not. She didn't really care.

"Talk?"

image credits

RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - Abraham - 10-27-2015

Fire and ice spewed from lethal jaws, though no element fell on the body of the Tigress like they had intended. Instead, ice blasted into the side of some unknown horse (what a stupid bastard, thought the gold). The fire from Gwyneverre does not hit anything, but merely singes the air above the Tigress. Snarling, fiery eyes move to watch as EREBOS moves to attack her bonded. Rage flutters in her draconian chest and she darts for the blue roan as he moves away from Abraham. Opening her jaws again, Gwyneverre blasts fire towards Erebos and attempts to land on his face by grasping his horn, slashing her hind claws wildly at his eyes. Brienne knows her sister is attacking those that attacked their bonded, but the golden queen tries to blast fire on the tigress once more.

The titan is suddenly thrust aside, the thwarting found in the strength of a storm. Narrowed eyes dart around for its cause, and he decided it was the fugly filly that had yelled at him before. He made a note to find her and remind her of his power, but as his thoughts boiled with the anger of being attacked with her magic, Abraham felt pain erupt on his flank. Roaring, the titan quickly turned his head and watched as the blue roan colt ran away from him after the attack. "COWARD!" Abraham screamed after him, moving gargantuan hooves to thunder after the smaller boy. The swooping of his dragon, however, makes Abraham move away. Kill him, Gwyn. He commanded across their bond, to which he was replied to with a piercing cry. Abraham turned and, though his flank was bleeding, moved headlong into the battle before him. Tucking his head down, when he thought himself close enough, the obsidian warrior quickly thrust his head up, trying to slice into the Tiger God's throat and bring her life out. The stallion arched and moved his body to stay clear of earthen spikes.

Holy water cannot help you now

See I've come to burn your kingdom down

TEAM EARTH GOD -- Gwyneverre (white dragon) attacks EREBOS' face. Brienne (gold dragon) blasts fire at the tigress again. Abraham is knocked aside by the storm, and sliced by EREBOS, but runs to attack the tigress' throat with his horns. Stays clear of all manner of spikes.]

@Erebos