HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
Practice Makes Perfect - OPEN - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Player Resources (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=99)
+---- Forum: Art Nook (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Practice Makes Perfect - OPEN (/showthread.php?tid=26659)

Practice Makes Perfect - OPEN - DarkShadow - 02-23-2017

So in my free time, I've been doing some manips for my own character, but I'm overly critical of my work and I can't make myself happy with any of them. Which, naturally, is frustrating xD

So I'm looking for some simple or not extremely designed characters that I could use to practice my arting skills on. Of course, you don't have to use anything I make. You can hate it, that's totally fine xD I just need to get some practice in and I'm kind of at a loss for myself.

Side note - I plan on doing a manip for everyone who posts here (eventually), but just know that I might skip around and take awhile to get something done. It all depends on how I feel, how busy I am, and if I'm feeling creative.

Also - I'm open to doing some quick pixels here as well P:

My dA for examples

If you're open to me butchering, I mean arting your character, just give me some details below of what you'd like me to capture. I.E. - dark and mysterious, light and happy, add a companion, no companion (stuff like that) :)

RE: Practice Makes Perfect - OPEN - Sheba - 02-23-2017

Ooh, I'd personally love anything of Sheba! She's currently pretty ugly-looking for a quest, but her natural state is nice and simple. Classic white (gray) unicorn, neutral tan colored-horn, regular mane and tail. She has a companion but he doesn't necessarily need to be there--ocelot stock is hard to come by c;

As for mood, I guess...grumpy? She's a real pain in the butt haha.

Thanks so much for offering these!

RE: Practice Makes Perfect - OPEN - Kiri - 02-23-2017

I have one pretty simple girl and one slightly more complicated girl that would not mind you practicing on them! ;)

I have Astrid (basically just a blue roan with wings) and Kiri who is a dark sooty buckskin with horns and some tattoos, shoulder stripes, long hair, and pretty eyes.

RE: Practice Makes Perfect - OPEN - LovellaTorendo - 02-23-2017

You are welcome to take a shot at Patrick if you'd like, I don't think he is terribly complex. Currently he is quite playful, as you know. He is pretty well described on his profile but if you do try him let me know if you have any questions! :)

RE: Practice Makes Perfect - OPEN - DarkShadow - 02-27-2017

@Sheba Here ya go P:
Not the best, but if you want anything changed let me know ^^

[Image: 58b4718ee2e15]
dA link :)

RE: Practice Makes Perfect - OPEN - Vertigo - 03-01-2017

@Astrid I did a thing <3

[Image: 58b75696518fd]
dA link :)

Hope you like!
Let me know if I need to change anything ^^

Also, I just realized I posted as Ve instead of my OCC account P: Oops

RE: Practice Makes Perfect - OPEN - Astrid - 03-02-2017

OMG @vertigo
It is so lovely! I just can't even believe it!
It is totally her!
Thank you thank you thank you so much!!!!!

RE: Practice Makes Perfect - OPEN - DarkShadow - 03-02-2017

@Astrid
I'm glad you like it!

RE: Practice Makes Perfect - OPEN - DarkShadow - 03-03-2017

@Kiri For you m'dear <3

[Image: 58ba14928c1b8]
dA Link :)

Hope you like!
I know my dapples look more like spots than dapples, so that's a work in progress, but it's getting there ^^

RE: Practice Makes Perfect - OPEN - Kiri - 03-06-2017

Thank you so much! I love her energy and you did so well. The spots are adorable!

RE: Practice Makes Perfect - OPEN - DarkShadow - 04-07-2017

@LovellaTorendo Here's a yearling/little older Patrick :P

[Image: 58e7ade2f03c2]
dA Link :)

Hope you like it!

RE: Practice Makes Perfect - OPEN - Dragomir - 04-11-2017

Dragomir could use some more art and is very easy to work with. He's just a stock horse, I have a folder for easy access here: DA Folder

His asset information is up to date if you feel up to doing those, otherwise he is usually found ambling about looking for rocks and avoiding the intimidating conversations which threaten him along the way - just about any setting works!

Let me know if you have any questions <3