the Rift

[OPEN] New blood (Throat, welcoming)

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream
No Time for Lies and Empty Fights

They flew with haste; speed bequeathed to them perhaps by the hand of the almighty, or it could simply have been the drive of seasonal shifts by heaven’s foot, while Frostfall grew nearer. Far beyond the tumbling landscape, and with any luck safe from the ravenous appetite of those walking corpses upon its ailing crust, Hector never let their journey slow. It may not have been the inauguration the golden-winged mare expected- deserved even, but it was more than necessary for the assigned warrior to whisk her safely from the grip of inevitable terror. Still she would have the opportunity to wander the fields or corruption and explore those forests riddled with sulphuric clouds of toxic gas; but the soldier would see to it that she did so with a solid education nailed into her slight, attractive girth.

Finally, when the sea of billowy green meadow so far beneath gave way to the burnt soils and golden grasses of the Heart, the stallion began to circle broadly; guiding his recruit loosely around the vicinity which bore both the beauty of glossy gems baking beneath the autumn sun, and the danger of molten lava lakes. To the southern end he dipped gradually towards the fissure whose jaws peeled apart the barren land crudely. Veci confirmed resolutely that no other lingered by the door to The Sanctuary, and carefully they made their final decent. As steady hooves collided with the hard packed clay, he turned hurriedly towards the mare and gestured in cautious silence, with pursed lips, that she follow into the tunnel. Trusting her to conform, Hector stepped inside and they began down the slippery path.

Hector’s vigilant steps clattered along for some time. The light which had been shed some from the outside world began to dim, but a new light- warm and luminous began to seep from their destination. So too did a mellow thrum of voices rise; and that sound grew steadier as they neared the entrance to the vast chamber. The room was large enough to accommodate a grand number of horses (many herds even), and the dim light cast was from the smouldering lake of fire; the heart of the land itself, held back by crystal sheet walls. Still it was dark and dank within, and quite unlike the natural habitat Pegasi sought to occupy.

Hector paused against the cool upward stretch of one black stony wall and offered at last, something of a thoughtful smile. His manner was naturally aloof and precautious; but he wished to comfort the still unintroduced soul who had trusted his rocky proposal, so willingly. "Welcome to Helovia." He offered heartily through a slightly scornful scoff. "Recently the country has been overwhelmed by plaguing sickness, and fearful confusion has been spread with that disease. Those from Dragon’s Throat; myself, our Sultan’s Midas and Gaucho included, who have not been infected thus far have been warned that it is not a beatable presence. Not something our army can surpass. So we have sheltered here, in this Sanctuary along with many others who are not our family." He said this last piece carefully, narrowing his eyes and casting them both left and right.

"There are Unicorns who will undoubtedly seek this cave as refuge also. These in particular hail from the north and they are wicked hearted and cruel to those of our blood- the Pegasus. The Basin herd are frightfully racist so you must travel through these corridors with that in mind." He drew a breath, and the mistrust slipped again from his expression. "We have allies also, who you will no doubt come across. They are the World’s Edge herd; and still friendly are those from the Asylum and the Windtossed foothills. You will find no trouble in their company, sister." A quiet nod concluded that delivery of information and he looked patiently towards her lovely sky-blue eyes. "What is your name friend, and what else can I offer you."

For @[Yitilu] and anyone else

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Yitilu Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Soon her journey would pick up again, as she was being led to a safe place. Flight was easy, and simple to her, but everytime it was still amazing. The feel of the wind through her wings and hair, was always a wonderful feeling. Hell even the wind upon her face was. So she was getting a kick out of flying, out of the feeling of freedom. She was also getting a kick out of the sights below her. Granted the scenery blurred with the speed at which she traveled, but it her eyes could adjust and sharpen, so that it became clear. It was beautiful. The colors the passed below her were mesmerising, she wanted to go an explore them, but she needed to follow the male pegasus, so her head was lifted, and her eyes fell upon her leader.

Greens turned into browns, as the grasses dried out. Then the browns mingled with reds and oranges, as pits of lava greeted the new face. Yitilu's flight would come to a halt, so as to get a better look at what she was seeing. Then she looked from stallion, who was unaware of her stopping, and then to the ground. Fire was something she liked, it was poweful and fun to watch, all the colors and shapes it made, but lava was something she was not a fan off. It was evil, and it seemed like it would hurt more, because it would be harded to rid yourself of. She was uneasy by being so close to those pits.

Then she remembered that she was following someone, and she quickly took off again. Wings would beat harder, propelling the fragile equine forward at a greater speed, so as to close the distance quicker. Once she was back in line with the stallion, he began his descent, circling first around the area, then slowly lowering himself down. He would wait for her then, and she would join him, gently the mare would glide down, until lightly hued hooves would touch that hard surface of the clay. Gold wings would fold in at her sides, whilst she walked towards the chestnut and the entrance to the underground.

Steps were slow, and hesitant then. She was nervous, and anxious to see the inside. Questions would surface, slithering from all corners of her mind, but she would beat them back. Yitilu would not let herself get so worked up again. So she followed him in, taking an interest in the sounds that each hoof made on the stone floor. It echoed, making each of their gaits sound hollow. She smiled at that, then let her eyes wander. The walls themselves were normal, just a form of stone that had not been unseen. So it was not that intriguing, but it was the fact that it was large enough to encompass the pair, and then some, and that it was remaining like it was sculpted, even with the pressure of the stone that sat ontop and around the opening.

The stallion led her into a larger area, one that was large enough to house many horses comfortably. She stopped at the entrance, and stood, awestruck by the magesty of it all. Gaze would travel to the source of the light in this area, the large lake of fire. It crackled and glowed before them, and even at a distance she could feel the heat. It carressed her pale hued face, and neck, warming the lady, bringing delight to her. Even if the pit was frightening some, the warmth and color that it gave off, was more than enough to outweigh the fear she felt over the danger it held.

His voice called to her again, welcoming, explaining everything. She listened with intent, listened the story of a force greater than one he had. "Thank you for the welcome." She said, polite as always.

Then words on the story sang from the unique pegasus lady, "Why has this force come here? Why do they claim that you cannot beat this force? I would think that your Sultan's would be thinking of ways to defeat this force, or at least keep it a bay. No offence to you and or Sultan's of course."

Stallion would go on to claim all who took shelter here. He talked about the unicorns, whom she did not mind even if many a pegasi did, and vice versa. She frowned, as she heard of a unicorn herd which housed unopen creatures. Creatures who would not take kindly to creatures not unicorn. "Well that's nice. I will be mindful of them. Thanks for informing me of the unfriendlies." She admitted, casting a look around briefly.

"Would you mind letting me know of where their favorite hang out is, this Basin herd. Just so I can keep my respective distance from the, lest things be stirred." She asked, easing her mind of lack of trust for this one. He was not a bad guy to her anymore, and her demeanor would flourish around him. She was becoming a more social lass, albeit highly inquisitive.

She smiled when he explained that not all were bad, and there was not trouble to be found in a number of the herds. That was good, she didn't want to have to be cautious all the time. Though her personality was such that any being would recieve a cautious and shy reaction from Yilitu, at least for a while. Her named was asked soon after and she asnwered, "My name is Yitilu. May I ask for your name?. . .And if you do not mind I would love to know where water can be found. My throat is rather parched from a long journey before coming to Helovia."

Easily the words she offered were dissected from the mass of churning voices; the grim drone of hopeless confusion that had swept through the main population of Helovia. He listened carefully as she spoke, consideration and patience weaving through the lines of his stoic facade, and his head was tilted towards her, suspended upon the downward slant of his wiry crest. After she had offered all she would, the stallion began to explain. "It was the patron of our home- well the desert which pray soon you will meet, who passed this warning through his Oracle to us. The Sun God told us that this darkness would not be fightable. Nobody yet knows why or how it has come to be, but a task force is being assembled to confront its arrival for those willing and able to commit themselves."

After a breath to gather thoughts into something lest strategic; more fluid for the sake of the conversations flow, Hector continued solemnly and the last lingering hint of smile dissolved from his masculine features. "The Basin Unicorns are yet to step into this sanctuary. I cannot tell you where they dwell yet. Undoubtedly though they will show your humility no grace or kindness- you will know easily if your path crosses with theirs." He was nodding as he concluded, quite impressed that she so quickly sought to heed the warning proffered- many had not, fools had ventured into the northern extremities despite counselling and come to grief there. Certainly this young mare would not so quickly suffer their fate. Shrewd was her nature and open was her mind.

When she smiled, the remnants of that lost crept once more to his lips and tenderness un-shown rippled through his core. “Yitilu” He repeated silently the exotic curl of her name upon his curt, somewhat uncultured tongue. Veci noted his thought cunningly, for few found their place in the crevices of the soldier’s warring mind- she would be guarded well with those faces he held close beneath the flesh of his breast. "Hector." He bellowed soundly, the name quite fitting for one so dauntless; perhaps foolhardy in the face of danger unfolding. He gestured then with a toss of his face towards a southern doorway in the cave. "You can find food and water further beneath the earth, Yitilu. Should you need anything further and I cannot be found, seek out our black and white Sultan- he is fringed with shimmering gold, or our dappled Oracle who carries only one wing." Both were unmistakable bodies; both perhaps steady enough to turn to while things were fraught.

• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Yitilu Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
He explained that his infomation came from a god. 'The God of Fire', he said, which explained the pits of lava and fire around and the seemingly barren landscape. She was curious about this god, wanted to meet them, the stallion said that she would in time. Well she really didn't want to wait that long, alas she would, lest she get taken by the darkness outside. This god of fire seemed wise, and she liked to hear that one controling an element was wise. Plus she also felt this god was an interesting one, for he would appear before the creatures of the land and warn them of this coming trouble. Seems like the god would stay out of the affairs of the ones on land. Ten points for him. Then she began to wonder just how many gods there were, as there was a god of fire, not just a god. So there must be plenty more, maybe a god of earth and a god of the sea. She would love to meet them all, and maybe she would get to. For now she would worry about what to do now.

She would save her growing desire to help them out for later on, when chance arose. Yitilu would continue to listen to the chestnut's informative words, to learn about her new place as much as possible. "Well I will keep a look out for them. Thank you for the warning." She said, her voice genuine in sincerity. She was grateful that he offered her some words of warning and advise, rather than leave her without knowing what was around or going on.

Then her name was asked for and she gladly gave it to him, a smile forming upon her lips. And in return she had asked for his, which was given to her. Yitilu felt that name was befitting of one so dauntless as he appeared to be. "Hector. . .What a great name you have been given. I like it." she admitted, letting thoughts be voiced, rather unknowningly. When her statement registered, she withdrew within herself, her demeanor changing to that of embarrassement. Did she just say that?

Mare would try and cover up her what had just happened by answering his offering to help her out with anything else. She asked where the water was, for she was rather parched. It had been a long journey here, and all that walking and flying did a number on her reserves, mainly thirst. Hector answered her with a gesture in the direction of the area where she would find what she desired. Yitilu followed his gesture, craning her head over to gaze towards the place he spoke of. Soft, sweet voice sounded once more, "Thank you Hector." she said, enjoying the knowledge of his name, and the ability to use it now, and ever grateful of his generosity and kindness shown towards her.

She would head that way soon, for now it was finally time to voice her thoughts and wishes on this task force Hector spoke of, as her had had time to think on it, "Well I wish anyone who joins that task force all the luck in the world, and I pray to this sun god that all who confronts this unbeatable force, makes it out alive." She began, putting her faith in this God of the Sun, then added, "I know I am new, and should not be trying to worm my way into these affairs this early, but How can I help? I would like to devote myself to aiding in this however I can, its the least I can do to repay you and your Sultans . .Maybe I can help take care of the injured?" she added, her caring nature coming forth. It was strange of her to already be devoting herself to a herd that she had not even been formally introduced to yet, but she felt it in her heart that helping out with this task force would be her way of repaying them for their offered protection. Well she assumed the Sultans of this herd offered her protection, as they would not send someone out to collect newcomers, if they did not wish for new members.

He could see, as ever roving eyes swept beyond the smaller mare’s position to scan around them, their family pooling in the darkness; though many already seemed to have resigned to this subterranean fate and were slipping as Yitilu spoke, still deeper into the unnatural haven. He was untouched by the slip her tongue when it revealed her favour towards his name. Hector was an impassive creature who had, over the years, washed the weakening presence of emotion and empathy into the far pits of his hooves. His weight rocked enduringly left to rest the tilting hind-hoof opposite, offering no bother as embarrassment flooded the melding champagne and white expression across her pretty face.

She moved quickly into the next matter, and his giant skull began to bounce with approval- the orange creature possessed unwavering patience, but he appreciated well her ‘cut to the chase’, approach. So too was he instantly intrigued that she referred so ceremoniously to their Sun God for the wellbeing of the resilience brewing, he reacted with a small smirk, the wild tangles of his long wind-swept mane unable to conceal the intrigue hinted by the stretch of his long ears towards her. "Yitilu, " The below of his resonating voice began once the soft, tune of her own had ceased, "You have followed me unquestioningly; accepted what information I have offered you, and appealed already for the safety of those around you. I don’t consider you to be new."

Again the stallion nodded in earnest, confident with each revelation spoken, and more so that she was brethren simply and safely. Aside from that, the taskforce assembling at the hand of Gaucho needed all the support of those who could be rallied to aid- whether to fight or tend those wearied by the predicament at hand. No offer to help from this point forward could possibly be frowned upon, and thoughtfully, he snuffled at her generosity. "Your heart is brave." Again his ginger gaze was cast to those who dithered in the grips of ailing uncertainty- Yitilu was not crumbling into the shadows of doom; nor was he. "I don’t doubt there will be hearts to counsel and wounds to dress. Thank you." For a second he paused then, eyes narrowing curiously as they came again to rest and range between her shockingly blue gaze. "Perhaps if you like tending to the suffering, seek out our Shaman- Onni, and ask for her guidance. There are ranks which need filling and if you are willing to pledge your time and effort to further yourself in her field, that might be a role for you."

@[Yitilu]