the Rift

[PRIVATE] Milky Way
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

Where hadn't she looked? Ophelia sighed as she looked up at the narrow path leading upward. Everything below that she had once ruled now looked underwater, and she did not have the heart to go back and look. Curiosity, the driving force of her youth, was all but spent in her search for the two most important beings in her life: Ktulu and Roskuld. Why couldn't she express that to their faces? What cruel beast lived inside that strangled those words from her throat as she wanted to speak?

Would she ever have a chance again?

A heavy sigh punctuated her slow ascent, Tinek trotting behind her, wings tucked to his scaly sides. Flying was too fast when she was walking this slowly, dragging her cloven hooves up, one step at a time. Pause. Continue.

The weather seemed to mirror her mood, and she mused on that wryly. Thunder rolled in the distance and clouds came together, darkening the sky and making the air feel moist. Would it rain? Was this the gods drowning her in her own failure? The pity party had to stop eventually, and she grunted, frowning and putting her ears back as she worked hard on the climb, tail hanging dully behind her lithe figure.

Suddenly, she heard a voice as if it had come from her own mind, and for a moment, she panicked. Had she finally started to lose it? Were her memories blending more with reality now? Ophelia quickly looked to Tinek, and the dragon shook his head, feeling and understanding her fear. No, this was real. The voice was real. She was real.

Ophelia did not even know what she was feeling, but she raced up the rest of the mountain, pushing her body over the final crest as she panted for breath, dual colored eyes desperately searching around the flowered field. Then she saw Roskuld. For a moment, she was scared, unsure of what to do. Did Roskuld even want her anymore? (She had cried "ma").

None of that mattered as she ran toward her daughter, unable to bridge the gap between then fast enough. Without realizing why her vision was blurring, tears filling her eyes, she stopped in front of the now so tall and strong child, her child. Ophelia attempted to embrace her, wanted to touch her, smell her, make sure that she was really there and not just a cruel memory come to taunt her reality.

"Roskuld," she murmured, voice holding her emotions in its choked tone. Tinek, excited, jumped closer, dancing around the child's hooves and looking up with big, red eyes. Phi was happy. Roskuld was good! Roskuld was alive!

Now, saying sorry seemed such a piss poor phrase for her transgressions, but she might as well give it a start. "I am... so sorry..."

Credits: Image by perfectperfection @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Milky Way - by Roskuld - 05-29-2014, 01:06 PM
RE: Milky Way - by Ophelia - 05-29-2014, 11:32 PM
RE: Milky Way - by Roskuld - 06-01-2014, 01:25 PM
RE: Milky Way - by Ophelia - 06-11-2014, 03:52 PM
RE: Milky Way - by Roskuld - 06-17-2014, 10:26 AM
RE: Milky Way - by Ophelia - 06-19-2014, 11:37 PM
RE: Milky Way - by Roskuld - 07-05-2014, 01:31 PM
RE: Milky Way - by Ophelia - 07-18-2014, 04:51 PM