the Rift

[OPEN] A Future As Uncertain As The Past

Sonya Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
It seemed that an agonising few moments were to pass in silence, and the mare could feel, perhaps prematurely, that her endeavour would be met only with failure. Nothing met her reply and she could almost feel her brown eyes dim further, her head droop a little more because this had been her last shot. In the process of considering turning away, the young mare felt a chill travel down her spine of an unnatural sort, the way one feels when a predator is observing them. Her ears laced back apprehensively, eyes scanning the grounds around her. There was nothing to see behind the rocks or in nearby waters, yet the feeling would not go. Then the voice thundered loudly above her.

Her legs scrambled backwards chaotically as she half reared upward, eyes rolling upwards in terror as she skittishly responded to the loud and unexpected lyrics. Sonya did not register what was said as much as who was saying. As the figure came into focus she caught a glimpse of teeth and felt panic rising. Oh, Gods! she thought, an image of a stallion burning her mind's eye. Of course this pegasus was nothing like her nightmare. Grinding her teeth together she set about calming down, observing every move this flying creature made. She felt much better when the winged stag landed, at least enough for her to regain composure. The grulla mare lowered her head courteously, albeit fearfully too.

The male spoke to her then, bidding her a pleasant enough welcome. Perking her ears up warily, the grey mare took a tentative step closer. "My name is Sonya, Sir. I.. I was following the scents of some horses I know. Seele, and other members of the Asylum," her words stumbled over each other as she spoke quickly, unsure of how to explain herself. She did not want to say why she left, perhaps maybe to someone who would understand, but certainly not to a stranger. A stallion. Someone who will judge her as weak. For this she hesitated, her words trailing off into silence. She simply stared at the gent before her.

Messages In This Thread
A Future As Uncertain As The Past - by Sonya - 05-29-2014, 01:33 PM
RE: A Future As Uncertain As The Past - by Midas - 05-29-2014, 07:15 PM
RE: A Future As Uncertain As The Past - by Sonya - 05-30-2014, 03:02 PM
RE: A Future As Uncertain As The Past - by Midas - 05-31-2014, 09:34 AM
RE: A Future As Uncertain As The Past - by Sonya - 06-01-2014, 04:45 AM