the Rift

[OPEN] There's Always a Reason

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

The dove immediately regretted calling out so callously, for she realized as soon as the greeting left her maw that she had interrupted the Sultana's tranquility. Still, it was too late to retract the call, and as soon as Africa's confusion turned to joy, the angel's shame vanished into thin air. Astraeus, already wise beyond his age, harrumphed softly, as though to chide her for her silly shyness. His claws dug softly into the flesh of her withers, though he did not grip nearly hard enough to break the tender skin there. It was a perch, and one that was as good as any other point on her petite body, and she had grown used to the mild prick of his talons.

The grey eagerly returned the other mare's gesture of greeting, relieved to be in good company after some time spent alone. For one who had clung to loneliness, she had grown to crave the companionship of those fortunate few who could call themselves her friend, and she now counted each moment alone a waste. How could she have enjoyed life before the Dragon's Throat? Every day, she counted her blessings and thanked the gods that Rowan had seen fit to bring her here. Every day, she wished Rowan would return. Things had been so simple back then, so easy, so uncomplicated - but now, everything had changed. She had changed.

But, "I am well, thank you," was all that she said in return to Africa's inquiry, offering but a soft smile in place of a sad, distant retrospection. There was but a moment before the Starry-Eyed began to speak in earnest, and the dove listened politely, her eyes growing round with first confusion and then surprise. She had, of course, noticed Ampere's absence - how could they not? After all, the blue was quite... loud. Yes, that was a perfect word. The Mother of Companions had been opinionated and unabashed in her views. It was a trait that the dove both revered and despised. But then, almost overnight, she had vanished.

And now, Africa wanted Sohalia to take Ampere's place.

"I - oh - oh, Africa, I'm honored, of course, but..." she hesitated, dismay showing clearly on her pretty features. "I - are you certain that I'm the right one for this? I can't fight, I've never been a leader of anything before, and gods know I never wanted to - I mean, of course I'll do it, it's not that I don't want it, it's just I never expected -" she cut herself off suddenly, forcing a deep breath, calming racing thoughts and a blank mind. "I shall try again," she said with a smile. "I would be honored to stand beside you, Africa, but are you quite sure that I'm the right one for it? I'm afraid I haven't much to offer other than the loyalty of which you have spoken."

She had never asked for leadership, and yet... She found herself thinking ahead, making plans, finding ways that she could, in fact, be useful as more than just a pretty face. If the God would grant her favor - and, knowing their patron god, that was rather a large 'if' - and if Africa did not retract her offer, then she would gladly rise to the throne. And she would use it, as well as she could, for the creation of a better world. Of a peaceful world. Or, at the very least, she would try her very hardest to do so. "If you'll have me, I'll do it," she confirmed, joy and determination rising in her eyes.

"Talk talk talk."
VenomXBaby
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
There's Always a Reason - by Sohalia - 05-31-2014, 12:32 AM
RE: There's Always a Reason - by Africa - 06-02-2014, 12:28 AM
RE: There's Always a Reason - by Sohalia - 06-03-2014, 11:06 PM
RE: There's Always a Reason - by Africa - 06-08-2014, 05:42 AM
RE: There's Always a Reason - by Sohalia - 06-13-2014, 02:13 AM
RE: There's Always a Reason - by Africa - 06-15-2014, 01:54 AM
RE: There's Always a Reason - by Sohalia - 06-16-2014, 09:19 PM
RE: There's Always a Reason - by Africa - 06-17-2014, 12:08 AM
RE: There's Always a Reason - by Sohalia - 06-27-2014, 03:31 PM
RE: There's Always a Reason - by Africa - 07-02-2014, 09:13 PM
RE: There's Always a Reason - by Random Event - 07-04-2014, 09:38 PM