Jackal Among Allies [Kri,open]

Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme
Individually, we are one drop
Together, we are the ocean.
- Ryunosuke Satoro

Paladin was taken aback by Kri's brusque words, and he furrowed his ebony brows in confusion. His crimson eyes scanned her deep, sea-blue ones for a reason why she seemed to treat him in such a clipped manner, but he found nothing. Why then was she so short? He had not me the mare before, and he had pledged the Foothills as allies to the Qian as well. Were they so different? Did the horn upon his brow make them outcasts from each other, not worthy of simple common politeness? Ophelia's arrival was perfectly timed, because he was struggling with being angry or trying to remain civil.

She was even more beautiful than he remembered her to be, but she would always be the furry little black and crimson foal. Still, her coat had grayed out so quickly to a pristine white, and the crimson that rested in her mane and tail tugged at his pride. He listened as she spoke, furrowing his brows when she called him Paladin. She had always been distant, but had she departed so far from her family that she would not even refer to him as her father? She cared about the Foothills? How did she know that he had taken over as the ruler? Or did she not? Honestly, he was surprised that she did not ask about her mother, and he cast a strange look at his pale daughter.

"The Foothills are well," he replied. "I am hoping to return everyone to activity again and restructure the herd so that they can eventually elect their own leaders." He wanted a relationship with his daughter, badly, but she had always been standoffish. "It is very good to see you, Ophelia." Ktulu popped in then, and he smiled warmly at his daughter, and he closed his crimson eyes when she nuzzled him. He nipped at her forelock in a fatherly way. "Ktulu," he replied, pleased that his daughters were here.

Ktulu came and stood next to him, a silent support that he appreciated, but he wondered why she chose to ignore her sister's side. They had always been inseparable, and he dearly hoped that nothing had come between their relationship. The way Ktulu seemed to scrutinize her sister lead him to believe that something was off, and he furrowed his brows. This was turning out to be a very strange encounter. "Well, I am here to visit you as well as the Lady Kri," he replied, wondering if she was just as confused he was.

Crimson orbs slid once more to deep blue, and he bowed his head respectfully. "I came here to question the purpose of stealing Jackal. I did not defend because I was under the impression that our herds were allies. Even though I succeeded Gossamer, I am supporting the Qian with warriors and a place to live, and I continue to keep my borders open to all species. Smoke has informed me that the ties with the Throat and the Tuuli were sound, so I am concerned by this potential threat," he said with honest understanding but a gentle undertone of natural authority.

"Should Jackal wish to leave and join you of his own free will, I will not stand in his way, just as I have done with my own daughters, but I cannot abide by forcing a young stallion from his home when it serves no military gain to you and your kind." Paladin hoped that she would understand. "However, if you wish to work on strengthening our two herds by considering this sort of stealth as a spar, I would accept the challenge. But, I would ask that you allow those who wish to return the freedom to do so, as would I."

Messages In This Thread
Jackal Among Allies [Kri,open] - by Paladin - 09-12-2012, 12:15 PM
RE: Jackal Among Allies [Kri,open] - by Tamme - 09-12-2012, 04:33 PM
RE: Jackal Among Allies [Kri,open] - by Kri - 09-12-2012, 04:35 PM
RE: Jackal Among Allies [Kri,open] - by Olema Surema - 09-13-2012, 12:52 AM
RE: Jackal Among Allies [Kri,open] - by Ktulu - 09-14-2012, 10:40 PM
RE: Jackal Among Allies [Kri,open] - by Paladin - 09-15-2012, 01:59 AM
RE: Jackal Among Allies [Kri,open] - by Kri - 09-15-2012, 12:49 PM
RE: Jackal Among Allies [Kri,open] - by Olema Surema - 09-16-2012, 01:32 AM
RE: Jackal Among Allies [Kri,open] - by Ktulu - 09-16-2012, 11:36 AM
RE: Jackal Among Allies [Kri,open] - by Ázzuen - 09-16-2012, 08:51 PM
RE: Jackal Among Allies [Kri,open] - by Paladin - 09-18-2012, 06:27 PM