the Rift

[OPEN] There's Always a Reason

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

And just like that, it was done. I am a Sultana of the Dragon's Throat.

The dove received Africa's reassurance in a daze, brushing her muzzle against her friend's and drawing comfort from the gesture. Africa, unsuited to the task of leadership? On the contrary, the one-winged mare had been a breath of fresh air, bringing peace and worship to their war-mangled herd. "I'm hardly any more deserving than you, sister," she protested. "Why, the God of the Sun chose you." There was awe in her vocals. "As you yourself said - we must trust in His guidance. Why would He choose you if you were not able to lead? And even without that - the herd trusts you. I trust you. It's... peaceful, with you as our Sultana." She returned Africa's smile with a genuine, excited grin of her own. The Starry-Eyed believed in her, trusted her, wanted her as Sultana; that knowledge alone was enough to calm her nerves considerably.

When the questions started, she was overwhelmed, but not too much so - it was pleasant to be consulted, to have her opinion heard. For the first time, she wondered if she wouldn't enjoy being a leader. She had spent so long in solitude, and then as a faithful servant to her herd, her family - never had she longed for this role, never had she dreamed to rise so high. Now, though... now that she had ascended, she wondered, hoped, prayed that she would do it justice; that she would be all that a leader of the Dragon's Throat should be; that she could make a difference in this world through example, through new ideas, through her guidance. "It has been a long time since a gathering," she agreed absently, turning new thoughts and old over in her mind.

"I believe in some of the changes that we made before the darkness - recognizing and worshiping our Lord, for one. But Ampere had some... unique ideas - not that they were bad, but... well, I'm not sure I agreed with her views on companions. I would rather champion them than discourage them, particularly since having found my own." She frowned slightly. The Mother of Companions had always struck her as odd, but she had been Sultana, and the dove would not speak against her leaders. If nothing else, she was certainly loyal. In any case, the blue was gone now, and Sohalia had taken her place. "And as far as rankings... well..." she paused. "I will need to be replaced as Forger. I didn't have any apprentices, though, so I'm not sure to whom that duty should fall. I'm afraid I am not as up-to-date on my brethren as I should be, though, so for the rest, I defer to you." The admission was accompanied by a sheepish smile.

[OOC | Would now be a good time to mention the whole academy idea? I don't want to shove changes in, but since Africa asked and we need to have a meeting anyway... xD]

"Talk talk talk."
VenomXBaby
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
There's Always a Reason - by Sohalia - 05-31-2014, 12:32 AM
RE: There's Always a Reason - by Africa - 06-02-2014, 12:28 AM
RE: There's Always a Reason - by Sohalia - 06-03-2014, 11:06 PM
RE: There's Always a Reason - by Africa - 06-08-2014, 05:42 AM
RE: There's Always a Reason - by Sohalia - 06-13-2014, 02:13 AM
RE: There's Always a Reason - by Africa - 06-15-2014, 01:54 AM
RE: There's Always a Reason - by Sohalia - 06-16-2014, 09:19 PM
RE: There's Always a Reason - by Africa - 06-17-2014, 12:08 AM
RE: There's Always a Reason - by Sohalia - 06-27-2014, 03:31 PM
RE: There's Always a Reason - by Africa - 07-02-2014, 09:13 PM
RE: There's Always a Reason - by Random Event - 07-04-2014, 09:38 PM