the Rift

Jackal Among Allies [Kri,open]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

K R I the R E S O L U T E
it's not the petty imperfections that define us, but the way we hold our hearts.

I watch in silent amusement as Paladin's face contorts underneath his veil of civility. Oh, yes, Paladin, try to feign innocence, I dare you. My dark eyes watch him intensely, awaiting some insult to slip from his lips and give me reason to tear into him like I so desperately wanted to. I cared not about what ties I held with the Foothills, I had made a promise to Smoke and to Gossamer, a promise this traitor supposedly made as well. For me, his words were a bright light blinding his acquaintances, hiding his true intent. Stupid stallion, why did you come here?

Ophelia interrupts, however, and I cast a somewhat annoyed glance at her beautiful frame. There is a difference in her eyes, though, as I look at her. They are the same as I remember, except they do not need to me the smooth, all knowing eyes I had admired in her as a filly. My brow knits, but only momentarily, though I remain on edge. I have the physically stop myself from letting out a laugh as the mare greets her father as Paladin. "Ophelia," I say, amusement lighting the edges of my lips as I speak.

Paladin answers her question, but I feel my heart does not trust what he says. Already having forced the lead of his mate upon them, I doubt he would be so quick is to allow the herd to elect new leaders. I remain quiet, even as the second sister approaches, even as my annoyance grows even deeper as I stand in this company. Ktulu is much more friendly toward her father, and I notice how she slips a jab into the comment about their father. I smile chidingly at her, but do not actually speak. How could you regulate the feelings of another? What a foolish girl, with much yet to learn.

Lady Kri. I look toward him, my eyes glinting still as I watch him with scrutiny. His words that follow next are patronizing, and I do not appreciate them. You did not defend because you thought we were allies? I think incredulously too myself, an expression I do not try to hide from my face. I see where his daughter gets this foolish understanding of the world - her father. "Succeeded," I say, my words mirroring his with a mocking tone. "Do not phrase it such that you were handed the crown so peaceably, Paladin the Valiant. Your obvious wounds suggest how fiercely Gossamer fought against you."

"We are not allies, Paladin. You and I have nothing in common, and I fear that will never change," I say, my words strong and venomous as I spit them out toward him. "You do not have the right to mention former treaties, as you overthrew those whom I promised to keep safe. A revolution, Paladin, costs you much. Are you so foolish to think you could rely on the friends of those you sacrificed for your own gain?" My eyes light with fire, and I let out a snort, my tail whipping in irritation. "You violate my borders, you question my purposes, and you have the gall to say you will not abide by how I choose to rule in my own land."

"Get out of my home. Traitors are not welcome here."

Venomxbaby, EveLivesey, humblebeez and ali00p

Messages In This Thread
Jackal Among Allies [Kri,open] - by Paladin - 09-12-2012, 12:15 PM
RE: Jackal Among Allies [Kri,open] - by Tamme - 09-12-2012, 04:33 PM
RE: Jackal Among Allies [Kri,open] - by Kri - 09-12-2012, 04:35 PM
RE: Jackal Among Allies [Kri,open] - by Olema Surema - 09-13-2012, 12:52 AM
RE: Jackal Among Allies [Kri,open] - by Ktulu - 09-14-2012, 10:40 PM
RE: Jackal Among Allies [Kri,open] - by Paladin - 09-15-2012, 01:59 AM
RE: Jackal Among Allies [Kri,open] - by Kri - 09-15-2012, 12:49 PM
RE: Jackal Among Allies [Kri,open] - by Olema Surema - 09-16-2012, 01:32 AM
RE: Jackal Among Allies [Kri,open] - by Ktulu - 09-16-2012, 11:36 AM