the Rift

Quiet Pleasures

Prometheus Posts: 75
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Pyr :: Siberian Tiger :: Hypnotize & Flaming Touch Adoptable

She seems ever curious. I am not one to abide inquisitive natures, but the innocence about her takes me aback, and I find that I cannot respond with my normal gruff retort. Perhaps it is better that way anyhow- if I am to prove myself an asset to this herd, I must begin to treat outsiders with some semblance of respect. She asks my name before offering her and I clench my teeth to hold in the instinct to bite back a violent reply. Hunger drives me wild, and I become aware of the fact that this body has not eaten for days. Perhaps after this you and I shall go on a hunt. Would you like that, Pyr? I sense your pleasure, I draw close to changing my mind. There are other things to consider, such as the mare's constant questioning. She wishes to know my name, who am I to turn away from the curious social interaction? Besides, it is somewhat intriguing to me. "Prometheus- and you, mare?" I answer curtly, feeling strange about speaking my name when I have not uttered it for seasons. I do not introduce you, you are simply inconsequential and she does not see you. With a whip of my tail I draw you out of the shadow so that you may rest behind me, sitting comfortably as I allowed you to heal, looking for all the world like a loyal companion. I make no mention of you, why should I? You are nothing to me, I must force myself to believe this. It is, after all, easier to preach what has been practiced.

"The Tuuli of the Dragon's Throat would welcome you among our ranks, should you desire a home," I reply cooly, my eyes seeming to emanate a light smoke as I look at her and take her in. She seems to be staring back at me, but not quite in the eye. Is it my horn that captures her attention? I lift my head and brandish the splendid weapon, letting my long, silken hairs fall in sheets upon my arched neck. My forelock curls naturally around my fully formed, functioning ears and covers my poll, which is in turn covered in flesh. It will take some time for me to understand what it is to be alive.

She asks what I am carrying, and I wonder for a moment if she speaks of you. No, who would ever consider you worth speaking on? I trace her gaze and realize that she must be speaking of my horn- how strange it is that she has never seen a unicorn. "The blade I carry is a part of me, as is the metal of this earth and the breath in my lungs," I answer cryptically, not feeling the need to explain it any further. "If you follow, you will see other creatures unlike yourself. Nothing in life is ever the same. The pegasi and unicorns of this land will become commonplace to you; death a friend, life a passing fancy," I continue on, my tone wistful, my voice growing to a mere whisper. My gaze turns away from her and while yours does just the opposite. You sit beside me with your faintly colored coat and reddening eyes, looking towards the mare kindly. Whatever hunger may have forced you upon her is quelled by the understanding we have. She is not to be our next meal.

Suddenly I snap my gaze and attention out of the vague line between the realms and back towards the unnamed young mare. "Do you still wish to follow?" I question, standing firmly on cleft hooves and waiting for her response. Should she say yes, I will lead her home. Should she say otherwise... well. Who knew what would happen then.

img © foter
[Image: siggy1_zpsfwdjquxw.png]
please tag Prometheus in all replies!
magic & force is permitted at your own peril.

Messages In This Thread
Quiet Pleasures - by Rowan - 09-15-2012, 10:37 PM
RE: Quiet Pleasures - by Prometheus - 09-16-2012, 01:06 AM
RE: Quiet Pleasures - by Rowan - 09-16-2012, 03:01 AM
RE: Quiet Pleasures - by Prometheus - 09-16-2012, 01:55 PM
RE: Quiet Pleasures - by Rowan - 09-16-2012, 05:19 PM
RE: Quiet Pleasures - by Prometheus - 09-16-2012, 06:38 PM