the Rift

Flutters and Welcomes

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen

Rei

Rei smiled at the place where Africa had welcomed her into Helovia. It was in this wooded area that her life had been changed. A fondness for the land would always ran through her heart as deeply as the ancient trees in the Threshold sank their gnarled roots into the soils of Helovia.

What stories would you tell me if you could talk? deeply lost in her own musings she tilted her head back to take in the full grand expanse of one of the larger trees before her.

It was one of the mare's quirks, she adored trees. As a young filly whenever she was just learning to fly a few of the older colts dared her to play a game where they scrambled to the highest spot possible and leaped from the spot with their wings held tightly to their sides, the last to spread their wings and fly was the winner. The spot found that day was off of one of the spiraling paths worn into the ground by those traveling to the castle the ground was a good ten feet from the edge of the path. Scared and inexperienced but unwilling to turn down a dare, especially one issued by colts she swallowed and jumped on the count that they had all agreed on.

With the wind whistling in her ears and her good judgement begging her to spread her wings Rei plummeted towards the ground. Fear eventually dug its clutches deep into her and she scrambled to take to flight. Unfortunately panic made it impossible for her to balance and to angle herself correctly. Images of herself as no more than a splot on the ground made her eyes widen with desperation. Luckily a tree had been between her and the ground and she had landed in its sturdy branches.

While she laid in the tree branches catching the breath that had been knocked out of her one of the adult pegasi known for their strictness had passed by and seen the colts and their reckless behavior. The elderly pegasus had bared down upon the pair with a tongue lashing while Rei had stayed hidden away in the lush tree branches.

Jumping quietly from her tree branch Rei had pranced towards home looking back over her shoulder to cheekily wink at the colts being scolded while adding further insult to injury by sticking her tongue out. In her young mind the tree had been her savior that day saving her from scraped legs and also from getting in trouble. From that moment on all trees were added to her undiscriminating list of dear friends.

Rei was brought back to the present by a dappled grey mare that managed to somehow crash through the Threshold while still doing so in a graceful manner. Shaking her head and gently laughing at the oxymoron she had just witnessed she moved to follow after the dreamy eyed stranger.

It wasn't a hard path to follow. In her wake the grey mare left tree branches swaying from her touch, and all manners of signs left by one who was traveling while lost in their own. At one point Rei passed a family of disgruntled squirrels that chattered in confusion that moved into calls of intense frustration as Rei also made her way through their domain. Dipping her head and holding in her laughter Rei dipped her head in apology to the squirrels.

After her run in with the squirrel family she spotted the newcomer up ahead where she had met a pegasus and a unicorn.

"What brings you here, may I ask?" Rei picked up her pace with her ears craned forward, eager to hear the dainty mare's response.

"Hey there!" she quickly called out to the group in an attempt to avoid interrupting any of their words. "I saw you pass by, and I simply had to say hello," she directed her words at the grey mare. Putting her best self forward Rei smiled brightly at both the equine, the unicorn, and the pegasus, "I came to meet one and I am able to meet three. It must be my lucky day." Rei thrived off of making new friends. In all of Helovia she had not met a soul she didn't like, and it only encouraged her friendly spirit to reach out to those she met. "Oh! I forgot to say; I am Rei of Dragon's Throat. It sent shivers down her spine being able to refer to somewhere as her home with unmarred pride."I am sure that it will be a pleasure to have meet you three."

Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Messages In This Thread
Flutters and Welcomes - by Dsiox - 07-03-2014, 10:01 PM
RE: Flutters and Welcomes - by Ghost - 07-04-2014, 01:44 PM
RE: Flutters and Welcomes - by Sheba - 07-04-2014, 02:15 PM
RE: Flutters and Welcomes - by Sheba - 07-08-2014, 11:19 AM
RE: Flutters and Welcomes - by Sheba - 07-14-2014, 03:41 PM
RE: Flutters and Welcomes - by Rei - 07-04-2014, 02:19 PM
RE: Flutters and Welcomes - by Dsiox - 07-04-2014, 10:03 PM
RE: Flutters and Welcomes - by Ghost - 07-07-2014, 11:54 AM
RE: Flutters and Welcomes - by Dsiox - 07-13-2014, 06:07 PM
RE: Flutters and Welcomes - by Ghost - 07-14-2014, 06:11 AM