the Rift

you seem so dark [closed]

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

The sky waned on above the ornate ice caverns. The cool orangemoon breeze meandered through, more chilled here than in the Throat. Leander stood silently as the girl responded. Why did he feel the desire to stay here with her? He knew that there were many mares in the Throat in which he could find companionship. Somehow, the idea was not appealing. Maybe the best things in life just happened to be the most difficult. He let his honey gaze stay on Faelene as she spoke, wondering what would become of their meeting this day.

"I have many years of experience as a fighter of sorts. I learned to mask my weaknesses as best I could." He spoke, trying to expain the reason for his usually strong exterior. It had become natural to him to exude confidence, even when inside he was crumbing. "But I do feel secure around you now, Faelene. I don't believe you'd want to hurt me." His deep tones were genuine, though he had to hope he would not eat those words one day. The bronze stallion continued to face her, wondering what was keeping her here with him. Surely, if she truly disliked his kind, she would have run. Or attacked him. Right? The midnight doe retaliated, sending another rueful stab into his heart. Drawing on the whirling emotion in his chest, he responded. "You're right. But some things are worth fighting for." His passionate words hung in the air. Faelene was right; the outside world would always include those who believed that their species were meant to be separate. But should the outside world really be able to control them? No, his desires were not puppets to society.

The dame continued to speak, but her next words cut through the air with audible frustration. The palomino lowered his fawn crown, the girl's harsh vocals only hurting him more. What didn't she understand? Was she surprised that someone could be drawn to her, that someone desired her? Confused, he raised his sunlit eyes to hers. "I'm sorry, I did not mean to upset you." For the one of the first times in his life, he struggled to find the right thing to say, if only for a brief moment. "I can only give you my word that I have enjoyed being with you. I wish it was easier for you to believe that." Sorrowful pools darkened at the sight of her turned face. He longed to comfort her, to take the anger from her face. She spoke up again, but this time of the Throat. Repulsed? "Dragon's Throat accepts all kinds to my knowledge. I would not follow a group that didn't." His smooth words were strong, for he was sure that all types resided in the Throat. If there was some sort of unspoken wariness of Unicorns in the herd, he had not yet encountered it. A small flicker of hope lit his face. "You could come back with me to the Throat, if you want to." Unsure chords uttered the invitation, hopeful and yet half-expecting disappointment.

Messages In This Thread
you seem so dark [closed] - by Faelene - 08-31-2012, 03:22 PM
RE: you seem so dark [open] - by Leander - 08-31-2012, 06:29 PM
RE: you seem so dark [open] - by Faelene - 08-31-2012, 10:08 PM
RE: you seem so dark [open] - by Leander - 08-31-2012, 11:24 PM
RE: you seem so dark [open] - by Faelene - 09-02-2012, 12:22 AM
RE: you seem so dark [open] - by Leander - 09-02-2012, 09:47 AM
RE: you seem so dark [open] - by Faelene - 09-03-2012, 12:16 AM
RE: you seem so dark [open] - by Leander - 09-03-2012, 06:24 PM
RE: you seem so dark [open] - by Faelene - 09-08-2012, 04:56 PM
RE: you seem so dark [open] - by Leander - 09-12-2012, 08:05 AM
RE: you seem so dark [open] - by Faelene - 09-13-2012, 11:57 PM