the Rift

Quiet Pleasures

Prometheus Posts: 75
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Pyr :: Siberian Tiger :: Hypnotize & Flaming Touch Adoptable

She seems scared, and at once I feel more at ease with the situation. This social interaction is what I am used to- one in which I hold the ace. When I am the threat I am in control, I am a god. But a closer look reveals that it is not I that she is scared of- in fact, I find myself irritated by the fact that I cannot determine what makes her nervous. She says she will follow me and I know I should turn to lead her, but my mind is elsewhere. Is this what it is like to be alive, to somehow be vulnerable at any moment simply as the result of another's emotions? I wonder how much I have hurt you, suddenly. I torture you for your love for me and mine for you- have I ever considered what the pain must feel like?

All at once, I feel a monster. I want to leave and be alone, perhaps even without your company; but I know of my duty to lead you and this mare home- you to a healer, her to acceptance. I nod callously, emotion leaving my face as it appears drawn and tired. "Very well," I speak softly, not waiting for more than a moment before turning away from her and heading back in the direction of the Dragon's Throat. From the earth I seek out metal and flecks of ore, for sheer desire for the comfort of the smooth, liquid metal. It melts and bubbles at my feet, still somehow retaining its natural color. A trail of mercury stains the earth silver in my wake, leaving a trail for any who wish to follow- Rowan or otherwise. I must take her to Kri, I think. She cannot be a part of the view by my word alone, it will take more than that, I remind myself.

I don't turn or look back to see if she is following me- I quickly find that I don't much care. Besides, even if I did, she will follow, I am sure of that. She is in a new land, lost and unsure. The first creature that has shown her any sort of kindness, regardless of its inveritable nature, will be the one she follows. Until she finds the emotion elsewhere, she will be his shadow.

[[So now the two of them have to go to the Dragon's Throat territory to meet Kri, who can actually do the accepting- would you like to make the thread, since it would have been your turn to post next anyway?]]

img © foter
[Image: siggy1_zpsfwdjquxw.png]
please tag Prometheus in all replies!
magic & force is permitted at your own peril.

Messages In This Thread
Quiet Pleasures - by Rowan - 09-15-2012, 10:37 PM
RE: Quiet Pleasures - by Prometheus - 09-16-2012, 01:06 AM
RE: Quiet Pleasures - by Rowan - 09-16-2012, 03:01 AM
RE: Quiet Pleasures - by Prometheus - 09-16-2012, 01:55 PM
RE: Quiet Pleasures - by Rowan - 09-16-2012, 05:19 PM
RE: Quiet Pleasures - by Prometheus - 09-16-2012, 06:38 PM