the Rift

[OPEN] Sky Full of Stars

Murdock Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 9 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8 HP: 61.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Gaz

So, she was from his former home. Part of him itched to ask how it had changed, why it had changed. The very structure of the earth had crumbled and peeled away, new cliffs rising up and water bubbling forth from the hills to pour in thick cascades down the rock. He had only seen it from above. Since the inception of the new land, he had not set foot on the young earth and wandered through the willows. It was not home anymore. It was beautiful and different, but he knew no one there. He was content to wander for now, searching for himself and the place he would finally feel at home.

However, she was not a native of Helovia, either. Elysia was her home, a place he had never heard of, though the name intrigued him. It sounded both interesting and dark at the same time, much like his own home of Evendim. He had thought of leaving the shores of this land, of returning to his birth place to see what had become of it. He missed it dearly, though he had been driven away by a rival fleet and doubted his return would go unnoticed. So, here he would stay. “Elysia…what is it like? Is it far from here?” He was ever curious, always eager to learn of new lands he had not been to. If he had it his way, he would spend every minute of each day exploring every inch of this world.

Her question stirred uneasiness in him, though he was not sure why it unsettled him. He had not really left by choice, rather, he had been separated from his herd for so long amidst the terror of the wraiths that he had lost contact with them. He had searched for them among the caves and always returned empty handed. They seemed to have disappeared along with the rest of the citizens of Helovia. He had found no one and instead lived his days in darkness and loneliness. It was that that had truly drowned his spirit. “I did not leave so much as I was left behind. When the wraiths arrived, driving us underground, I was separated from the herd. I searched for them for weeks, but never found a trace of my herd mates,” he paused, studying her face and pale eyes as if he might find comfort there. “When finally I emerged from the caves, too much had changed. I didn’t go back.”

He wondered how things might be if he had returned. Would they have allowed him to redeem his title of General, a title that had given so much meaning and worth to the efforts he had spent? He doubted the new leadership would accept him so easily. He had been scarred and worn during the endless night and had not had time to recover before the wraiths arrived. His ribs showed through his thin coat and he was pathetic in appearance as a starved colt. He only wished his spirit could retain the former exuberance that had once filled his being to the brim.

He managed a smile as if somehow that would heal the hole left in his heart. He trusted this mare, whether it was because she had approached him gently or because he was so desperate to find someone to trust again, he was not sure. “What is it like now? The Falls? Would you say it’s worth going back to?” He was not sure if he was ready to return to herd life or not. Wandering about felt too unstructured for his liking, however, he was not yet fit to fill the position of a warrior and would not be content to stand about with no duties to attend to. Perhaps his erratic mind could be put to use in some scholarly position, if he could retain focus for much longer than a few minutes. Whatever the case, he was curious to know how the former Foothills had changed.

"talk talk talk"

If I go crazy then will you still call me Superman?

Image Credit
x

Messages In This Thread
Sky Full of Stars - by Murdock - 06-14-2014, 01:36 AM
RE: Sky Full of Stars - by Cealestis - 06-16-2014, 02:42 PM
RE: Sky Full of Stars - by Murdock - 06-27-2014, 11:03 PM
RE: Sky Full of Stars - by Cealestis - 06-29-2014, 02:46 PM
RE: Sky Full of Stars - by Murdock - 06-30-2014, 12:50 AM
RE: Sky Full of Stars - by Cealestis - 07-03-2014, 12:56 PM
RE: Sky Full of Stars - by Murdock - 07-11-2014, 04:24 PM
RE: Sky Full of Stars - by Cealestis - 07-12-2014, 02:34 PM
RE: Sky Full of Stars - by Murdock - 07-31-2014, 09:52 PM