the Rift

[PRIVATE] sidera nobis

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
Golden eyes glowed at me from below. They could have been predator's eyes, and I wondered sleepily if I was about to be ambushed by some cat. I shivered, though the night was warm. Bruises still ached my body from my recent scuffles, and my face was still a bit messed up. The stench of blood was something I had grown so used to, I barely noticed it any more. Maybe it was infection, maybe fever, (maybe both), that let me see a strange, golden and silver creature below, looking at me, as if sizing me up. I felt like shouting at it, like challenging it, like taunting it into coming up here and having a go at me.

Instead, I curled my crown down into my chest, hiding my teary eyes behind the fold of my wing, ignoring it, almost inviting it to climb up here and take me while I (try to) sleep. But it didn't. Instead, a voice floats up to my audits, saying something about safety and being on the ground. I scoff at him, unable to continue my front of ignoring the world, peering over the fold of my wing to look down and reassess exactly what it was that was addressing me. The figure of a stallion, equine, stood out more clearly now, as I blinked back the tears and sweat that fogged my vision earlier.

I leaned over slightly, moving to stand again, ignoring the protests of the branch. "I can sleep wherever the f-" I don't get to finish my sentence straight away.

My eyes widen, as suddenly, I feel myself drop down a foot in height. My wings open, and I brace myself. "Fuck." It's more of an utterance, an acknowledgement of the dire situation I was in moments before that situation unfolded.

Wind stirred, gusts of it billowing upwards around me. But it was too little, too late. With another resounding crack!, I found myself flailing like a drunk, stunned starry pigeon down, down, onto the ground.

A deep grunt vibrated in my chest, as the wind settled again suddenly. Dirt and dust stuck to my sweaty hide. Somehow, I managed not to land on the stallion who was nearby, though I didn't know what had happened with the branch. With a groan I roll off my side, gingerly testing each appendage, gladly finding nothing aching much more than it was before. My sharp eyes then peer around, locating the stallion. Anger rolls off me, steam rising from my hide as my breaths become deep and more forced. I scowl at him, annoyed at myself - until suddenly.

I laugh.

Maybe it was the fever. But I couldn't help it, couldn't control the gasping laughter that rolled out of my throat in waves, bowing my tiara down as tears flooded my eyes - whether they were from the current laughter or the previous sorrow, I would never know.

@[Lace]
bg - table
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    sidera nobis - by Cirrus - 07-13-2014, 06:28 AM
    RE: sidera nobis - by Lace - 07-13-2014, 11:30 AM
    RE: sidera nobis - by Cirrus - 07-13-2014, 10:47 PM
    RE: sidera nobis - by Lace - 07-14-2014, 01:30 AM
    RE: sidera nobis - by Cirrus - 07-16-2014, 08:24 PM
    RE: sidera nobis - by Lace - 07-16-2014, 09:07 PM
    RE: sidera nobis - by Cirrus - 07-25-2014, 11:38 PM