the Rift

[PRIVATE] sidera nobis

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
It shook my frame. The laughter shuddered through me, uncontrolled, uncontained. It came out in gasps, and I knew it was bordering on that crazy kind of state of mind, that one where I am simply swallowed by the impossible hilarity of any given situation - currently, my falling from a tree seems to be hilarious enough. The motion hurts, my aching ribs and bones complain about it and yet continue to vibrate as the violent laughter refuses to cease.

Something presses against my cheek, and I lean into it, comforted by its touch. Without opening my eyes, without actually acknowledging anything going on around me, I pretend that it is my father, returned from the dead, comforting me as I cry over a skinned knee from my latest failed attempt at landing. The warm breath cascaded down the curves of my façade, the soft, plush muzzle wiped away the tears that stained my cheeks. I let the moment happen, I clung to it, for once not pushing away the chance at intimacy but instead finding myself craving it, yearning for it, begging for it. I make to move myself closer, still blind, letting the tears seal my eyelids shut, letting the masculine, muscular, musky form fill that gaping hole within me.

And for a moment, I am allowed to forget that you are not here, allowed to let you go, to find solace in the embrace of a complete stranger.

Then, of course, I remember, that he is indeed, a complete stranger. Through the fog of a fever, I open my eyes again, eyelashes fluttering against the thick nape of the steed. Though I know he spoke earlier, it isn't until now that his words register; Does it hurt? I pull away, gingerly taking my steps, my posture hunched and bracing, though not just from the physical burden of injuries I carry. The fracture within me has opened up again, revealing your absence, screaming it at me, like it has since the day you left me. I shiver, though sweat coats my hide. The fever that rattles my frame makes the surrounding summery night feel cold, so hot is my body temperature comparatively.

The laughter has stopped, having died off sometime between when the stallion first reached out to me and when I then leaned into him. Instead, a deep, shaky sigh fills my lungs, and on its exhale, I open my eyes once more, blinking back the salty crust that has sealed them shut. "You have no idea." I say, not knowing whether I was talking about physical or metaphysical pain, both of which were causing me grief at the moment.

My eyes trail towards his own again. An odd smile curves my lips as his golden gaze reflects the starry pattern of my own hide. "The stars are in your eyes." I comment quietly, hardly aware of the oddity behind my words. The fever has fogged my vision, it has made my body hotter than a sauna, and now it has invaded my mind.

The Sun God lied. I was still lost.

@[Lace]
bg - table
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    sidera nobis - by Cirrus - 07-13-2014, 06:28 AM
    RE: sidera nobis - by Lace - 07-13-2014, 11:30 AM
    RE: sidera nobis - by Cirrus - 07-13-2014, 10:47 PM
    RE: sidera nobis - by Lace - 07-14-2014, 01:30 AM
    RE: sidera nobis - by Cirrus - 07-16-2014, 08:24 PM
    RE: sidera nobis - by Lace - 07-16-2014, 09:07 PM
    RE: sidera nobis - by Cirrus - 07-25-2014, 11:38 PM