the Rift

you seem so dark [closed]

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

The darkness of evening was chasing the sun quickly out of the sky. The ice caves began to gleam a more shadowed cerulean now. The place seemed to have a strange glow in almost any light. The ethereal sight might have lifted Leander's spirits in any other situation.

Faelene seemed to grow colder with the air. Her sweetness of early had faded, and now was replaced by distant chords. His brow continued to be wracked with concern at the sound of the ebon mare's voice. His wings shrunk back against his hide at her confession. If he ever found the ones that hurt her, if he ever laid eyes on them, he would kill them. Bronze pools were filled with anger, but the rest of his body maintained composure. "I will not ask what happened to you, Faelene. But I promise that I will never harm you." If only he knew how hard that promise would be to keep, that they would soon be pitted against each-other in a war. Yet he was a stallion of his word, and the promise would be kept, no matter the cost.

The girl's gaze warmed ever so slightly, sending a small wave of relief over him. The sooty golden smiled in the midst of his sorrow as she confirmed his words. Yet he knew that little would come easy from her, not if she had been abused so horrifically in her past. She didn't need to go into detail for him to gauge that whatever had happened to her had been horrible. He held onto some strange, persistent idea, maybe it was something in her eyes. Something in her face didn't want him to leave her, at least not yet. Her words were almost like a riddle, and he wished that he knew exactly what to say to ease her mind. It seemed such an impossible feat. "I do not know. But maybe we could find happiness.. together." His pleading gaze held hers, still aching to comfort her but not knowing how. Feathered limbs gingerly took a step towards her, then stopped. He didn't want to scare her, and for one of the only times in his life, he genuinely wished he didn't have wings. Another step brought his softened, submissive frame closer. That was as far as he was going. He stood still, leaving himself open to the black dove. He would not force his presence on her, only offer it.

"You have no reason to be upset with yourself, love." Warmly he spoke, the accurate name for her slipping out of it's own accord. "You must have been through some terrible things. I'm lucky that you'll even talk to me." His usually charming visage was somber. A weary gaze took in all of the sadness in the young damsel's form. There was little for him to do now. His heart was there for the taking, if only she wanted it. "You should not change who you are, Faelene. But maybe in time you can learn to trust me." The ivory marked stallion spoke hopefully. He knew she could learn to trust in him, and maybe even give him her love. But how long it would take, only the Gods knew. His humble invitation was quickly dashed. "You don't have to want, Faelene. Good can come of it, if you let it. I would not let any harm come to you, I swear it." Deep tones were stronger now, secure in their meaning.

Messages In This Thread
you seem so dark [closed] - by Faelene - 08-31-2012, 03:22 PM
RE: you seem so dark [open] - by Leander - 08-31-2012, 06:29 PM
RE: you seem so dark [open] - by Faelene - 08-31-2012, 10:08 PM
RE: you seem so dark [open] - by Leander - 08-31-2012, 11:24 PM
RE: you seem so dark [open] - by Faelene - 09-02-2012, 12:22 AM
RE: you seem so dark [open] - by Leander - 09-02-2012, 09:47 AM
RE: you seem so dark [open] - by Faelene - 09-03-2012, 12:16 AM
RE: you seem so dark [open] - by Leander - 09-03-2012, 06:24 PM
RE: you seem so dark [open] - by Faelene - 09-08-2012, 04:56 PM
RE: you seem so dark [open] - by Leander - 09-12-2012, 08:05 AM
RE: you seem so dark [open] - by Faelene - 09-13-2012, 11:57 PM