Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

LACE</style>
before the sun sets
GLORY
</style>

He laughed at this, sincerely amused yet with the faintest trace of bitterness laced throughout the voice - he didn't even notice it and would have kicked himself if he realized. "She would, if I had one" the grullo agreed, willing himself to push back all thoughts of the shadow-mare who still haunted his heart and soul. "Alas, I have yet to rescue my queen of hearts - I suppose she's just too good at staying out of trouble."

Gilded eyes rested quietly on the frame of the star-kissed girl as she moved around, watched her study the glowing orb of fire and warmth that still hovered over their heads and inspect the log upon which she had been perching earlier. The warm expression on his face dulled slightly when she spoke next, faded in face of her sad statement. Lace wasn't much of a philosopher, but even he could sense that there was something more underlying her words; Fajira still wouldn't tell him what it might be, but he supposed it didn't matter much - he could figure it out.

"All wounds can be healed" he tried, looking between the branch and the girl and wished he could read minds. "Sometimes it just takes time..." Turning his gaze over to the tree, Lace shifted forward into motion, padding towards the injured trunk on near silent feet with the light bobbing along above the back. He took some time to study the splintered, flaked wood, then reached out his mind to the tree to see what he could do. To Cirrus it must look like he had half fallen asleep where he stood, eyes half closed and shadow flickering around the feet, as if they too were taking deep, slow breaths. At first noting at all seemed to happened, but ever so gradually the breaking point began to smooth, bark grew in around it - but before it enveloped the area entirely a small shoot appeared, little more than a twig with hard, shiny buds where leaves would one day appear.

Breathing out slowly the stallion backed up and studied his work, gazing critically at the tiny beginning of a new branch. "It won't ever be the same as the original thing, of course" he commented, "but at least the tree will survive. And come spring, I'm sure the leaves will be just as pretty as the rest." Content he turned to move back to Cirrus, face betraying none of the hopes he held - that somehow he'd made her feel better, a bit more hopeful. No matter what she said he thought she looked lost, like she was still falling without knowing where the ground was or when she would reach it...

A small, secret part of him wished he could be there to catch her when she did.

@[Cirrus]
CREDITS: Schwartze | venomxbaby | 116802
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread
sidera nobis - by Cirrus - 07-13-2014, 06:28 AM
RE: sidera nobis - by Lace - 07-13-2014, 11:30 AM
RE: sidera nobis - by Cirrus - 07-13-2014, 10:47 PM
RE: sidera nobis - by Lace - 07-14-2014, 01:30 AM
RE: sidera nobis - by Cirrus - 07-16-2014, 08:24 PM