the Rift

Your war flag proudly standing amid the setting sun

Jahzara Posts: 63
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 hands :: 6 Birdsongs
Xyroca
Jahzara

As the air grew tense and heavy with the peahen's change in demeanor, Jahzara's nerves started to get the better of her. Feeling the larger beauty's burning gaze, she flicked her auds back in apprehension, instinctively taking a step back when Bellona stepped forward. Her mouth began to dry, the moisture on her tongue fading away as quickly as her courage. "I-I told you, I'm not lost..." Her voice cracked as she tried to retaliate, but her words were barely audible as she looked sheepishly to the ground for a moment. 'Watch out!' Lily warned at the sudden movement in Jahzara's peripheral vision, causing the arabian cross to look up with a start.

Quickly she stumbled backwards to avoid the peahen's teeth, positioning herself in such a way that her good eye could watch her, while her scarred, blind side was facing Meriwether. A startled gasp escaped her lips as she jumped, and if the dappled grey was not mindful, Jahzara would tumble right into her massive wing by accident. Lily vanished from her mind's eye, melting into the air like smoke. The golden darling did not just stop out of Bellona's range, rather, she continued to scoot backwards until she has place Meriwether between them. Sheepishly she poked her head around the much larger mare to eye Bellona, listening as she tried to convince Meriwether to follow her.

"Big bully! I have just as much right here as you do." Jahzara blurted out with a burst of courage, interesting how hiding behind a massive warrior could suddenly boost one's audacity. Quickly she ducked back in case the other mare decided to snap once more, lips tugging downward with distaste at the thought of the grey mare following her. If Meriwether decided to join Bellona, then certainly neither of these mares would be the kind she would want back in World's Edge anyways. But she couldn't just give up? Could she? No, she didn't want her new home to be disappointed in her efforts. And more than ever, Jahzara wanted to prove to herself that she could be of value to a herd. Just like she was before she was attacked in her youth...

Feigning whatever ounce of bravery she could, Jahzara raised her dished muzzle proudly, if not stubbornly. She puffed her chest out to the best of her ability, though her delicate frame was far from intimidating. In fact, it was nearly amusing to see her try to hold her ground, especially when one could still see the lack of courage in her eyes. She may have been foolish, but at the very least, Jahzara was determined. She cleared her throat when the peahen finished speaking before answering Meriwether herself.

Jahzara's voice was quiet, but she spoke with honesty and kindness. "If the World's Edge could find me of use, I am most positive that you could be of use to the herd. The most obvious would be a protector, but you are not limited by your strength. There are all kinds of positions available. Like crafters, and philosophers! Whatever interests you." Quickly she turned her crown to offer another timid smile up at the mare, only for just a moment until she returned her nervous gaze to Bellona. Jahzara was caught off guard when asked whether or not she was making up her position, raising a brow for a moment as she was insulted herself. "Believe it or not, but usually I know the difference between reality and my schizophrenia..." She muttered with a snort. "If I was making it up, don't you think I would imagine a more desirable rank than a common mare?"

With that, Jahzara decided to let the mare come to her own decision. Should Meriwether decide to follow Bellona, she would not hold it against her. After all, Bellona was more...Her kind? She was strong, tough, and was also a pegasus. Jahzara was...Well, Jahzara. But at least no one could say she didn't try.

"Speech."
'Hallucinations'

OOC: No worries, I kinda figured Bel would react that way, lol.

Walking On Air
Image Credit
Force permitted against Jahzara, but please to not maim or kill her!
Please tag only in first posts!

Messages In This Thread
Your war flag proudly standing amid the setting sun - by Meriwether - 08-23-2014, 06:48 PM
RE: Your war flag proudly standing amid the setting sun - by Meriwether - 08-24-2014, 02:18 PM
RE: Your war flag proudly standing amid the setting sun - by Meriwether - 08-25-2014, 04:39 PM
RE: Your war flag proudly standing amid the setting sun - by Jahzara - 08-26-2014, 11:15 AM
RE: Your war flag proudly standing amid the setting sun - by Meriwether - 08-26-2014, 04:05 PM