the Rift

make up the moves as I go

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
Faces upon faces filed in around me making me feel trapped within the small clearing of theThreshold. What was this? Was there an evident lack of new blood to keep my sister herds afloat? I recognized Sikeax from the Throat and recalled her youthful presence in the Deep Forest, but I still doubted her as a friendly acquaintance after the small spat we’d shared in the shadows of dusk in the southern lands. She’s introduced herself in her common way, just as she’d introduced herself that day in the forest. I held no prejudices for the young girl and yet I felt the underlying competition between our mirrored presences in the claiming grounds. However, I did not long for the tension climbing its way between us; after all, were we not alliances? I’d still yet to prove if the contract held between the Edge and the Throat after the absence of Mirage and Kri. I felt that was something that needed to be presented when I next gained the company of Kaj or Kahlua. As it stood, it was still a question in my mind.

Before I could recover from the arrival of the pale Throat representative, I recognized an all-too familiar flash of orange in the trees above. However, my mind could not register its meaning before Tallis had taken a front row seat upon my waiting back. The little dragon knew no boundaries and though my skin seemed to crawl beneath his curious claws, I tried desperately to hide the shock and confusion at becoming something of a perch to Evangeline’s bonded. The relationship we shared was a troubled one, but I couldn’t help the smile that crept across my blackened lips as I felt the reptile clamber his way toward my shoulders in order to bury himself beneath the thick chords of my mane. The sensation was eerie and made me shudder beyond the chill of FrostFall and when I’d had a moment to glance back to the twilight colored mare, all I could do was offer her a quirky smile.

Evangeline… I wasn’t sure if you had it in you to venture away from the Edge.” I couldn’t help teasing my fellow companion in spite of our guest, because I was almost certain that these terms concerning Helovia held absolutely no bearing on her understanding. However, I was only human (or horse in that respect) and I only possessed so much formality. After all, I was by no means a rigid man. I couldn’t imagine that anyone would appreciate another for their stiff personality or their ability to be so unfeeling. Yet once again, as I had thought to address the stranger with kind, informative words, another creature made his way into our company.

The other stallion was obviously from the Basin and his manners projected just as much which made me chuckle to myself, though I tried my best to remain somber. His arrogance was comforting in spite of my dislike of the Basin’s entire existence because, at least I was no longer the most dominant in this pack of females. They often made me uneasy in great numbers because their gender alone was enough to manipulate and individual such as myself –hadn’t Eva recently recruited me to pull a cart to build fires in our home?- to do as they deemed fit. However, I had little to offer him other than a languid nod. But as it appeared, I wasn’t the only one who found his entrance to be discourteous and undoubtedly hurried... Astarea as I’d learned, cared little for the banter of our Helovian natives and I had no intentions of pushing her after such a tiring day. Comically enough, I couldn’t blame her for feeling overwhelmed by so many unfamiliar things and faces.

Patiently, I waited for the twilight girl to find her bearings before I cleared my throat hesitantly. I had no reason to rush her or press her for anything other than a promise of friendship at some point or another. If she wished to find shelter and a family in which to nurture her, I would offer her just as much as any other. But there was no telling what kind of life she’d come from, no way of telling what ambitions she upheld… and to make things worse there was really no way to understand those things about her with so many creatures here, ready and willing to convince her about which path was best. I had two choices: I could stand here and recite the many reasons that I thought the Edge to be the best herd land in Helovia or I could offer her what every other monger here wanted to offer her and let her decide for herself. The World’s Edge was not for everyone and I didn’t expect others to see the magic I’d witnessed within those crystalline walls. “I come from the World’s Edge- a herd land within Helovi-, and I stand before you now hoping to offer you just as much as Sikeax and Thranduil here. Essentially, there are four main families in which you may find refuge and each is just as exciting as the last… but when I stood in your shoes, waiting to find definition and purpose, the World’s Edge had given me that.” I paused to glance at the faces that surrounded me. I had once chance and once chance alone to make my point before leaving this young mare to make her decision. “Astraea, I could explain all that I’ve come to know about this land, but it would not be enough. It is the experience that decides your fate. However, my family is one to support and lift me in my endeavors and they have never failed in doing as much. We pride ourselves on the development of each other.

At that, I glanced toward Eva and considered Tallis resting dazedly between my shoulder blades on the brink of sleep. These two were my family and I’d accepted them as such some time ago. We tolerated one another, dealt with each other’s pain and suffering, beamed and smiled with praise when another succeeded… Was that not home? “I offer you a place in our family Astaea, a place within our home where we will push you to great heights. The World’s Edge has much to offer to you, but I will leave you with your own path to consider. Should you want to come with Evangeline and I, you will become part of us, a sister to protect and a sister in arms. However, if there is any doubt that you hold for us, we will take our leave and wish you the best along your path.
Thor

ooc| Sorry for this... monster.

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
make up the moves as I go - by Astraea - 10-10-2014, 07:13 PM
RE: make up the moves as I go - by Thor - 10-10-2014, 09:59 PM
RE: make up the moves as I go - by Sikeax - 10-10-2014, 10:35 PM
RE: make up the moves as I go - by Evangeline - 10-10-2014, 11:11 PM
RE: make up the moves as I go - by Thranduil - 10-10-2014, 11:58 PM
RE: make up the moves as I go - by Astraea - 10-11-2014, 11:27 PM
RE: make up the moves as I go - by Thor - 10-12-2014, 01:02 AM
RE: make up the moves as I go - by Evangeline - 10-16-2014, 10:27 PM