the Rift

I'm on a bridge to nowhere [Sun God]

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

A quizzical brow raises as his dedicated follower states simply that he needs more magic, the Sun God instantly curious what else the dun could possibly need. Faced with another demanding such things from him he might have grown angry or frustrated, but for now he waits. He knows the Sultan thinks better than he can speak aloud and indeed, he is rewarded for his momentary patience. Clarity comes, though hardly in the form he expected it to. Quickly growing bored with the strained words speaking history he already knows, the god instead beings perusing the Sultan’s mind. The maneuver is more rewarding as Gaucho’s thoughts are easier to follow, and the god quickly understands the reasoning behind the words that follow.

Still, he won’t pretend he’s entirely pleased.

“You’re asking me to allow you to destroy something I gifted to you,” he says with a frown. His voice is still gentle enough, but he grows silent as he thinks over the matter. He has entrusted his land to Gaucho and the Wildfire has not failed him yet. Of course, he can see the benefits to the solitude that Gaucho proposes; nevertheless, it is difficult for him to overcome his prideful nature to protect what is his. And there are also drawbacks- what of the members of his herd without wings? And they will be alienating two-thirds of the potential residents of the Throat, at least in some ways. Still, if the Throat members cannot protect their land then they will lose and then there will be none of them left. The god’s frown deepens.

“I will help you,” he says at last, having weighed the pros and cons within his mind, “But you propose solitude for the Throat.” Pausing a moment for the Sultan to process, he continues, “You will gather fuel from beneath the sands of the endless blue and spread the fuel on the bridge but you must know what it feels like not to hear or feel or see the rest of the world yourself before you force it upon your citizens.” Any other day the god might linger, but today the world was threatening to collapse under the weight of some murderous monster. The deity suddenly collapses once more into the form of the flame bird that Gaucho had conjured, flitting briefly around the Sultan’s head before flying upward into the sky, disappearing into the eternity of the blue sky as the land around the Wildfire returns to its original state.

OOC| Gaucho’s quest is as follows:
1. Collect oil residues from beneath the sands of the endless blue. While doing this, and for any threads started between parts 1 and 2, he cannot hear what anyone says.
2. Spread the oil residue along the land bridge. While doing this he cannot feel any touch.
3. Before the land bridge can be destroyed, he must complete two threads where he cannot see any living creatures (but still can see landscape, hear everything, feel everything, etc.). This effect will continue for one thread after the land bridge is destroyed.
CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
I'm on a bridge to nowhere [Sun God] - by Gaucho - 10-26-2014, 06:32 PM
RE: I'm on a bridge to nowhere [Sun God] - by God of the Sun - 11-04-2014, 10:42 PM