the Rift

{JUDGE ME}swing, swing [Cineviam/Spar]

Cineviam Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
((You did fine xD And I should be apologising about the wait! Last little while I've had a 4 day fundraiser and sick with a sore throat and cold, while trying to work and when I did have a spare second, I was stressing about trying to get the olympic/invasion posts up. Decided to get this up now before I felt pressure from the next invasion round <3 After your next post, I think I get one last defense because Cine attacked first and then we can have it judged.))

Theatricality and deception are powerful agents.
You must become more than just a man
in the mind of your opponent

Cineviam hit his targets but they weren’t as successful as he hoped.

The threat to mark her face drove her head away as he intended but that was all that went according to plan. Faelene had reared too, so only one of his hooves clipped her quite low on her foreleg. The fact that her foot is off the ground reduces the force of the blow somewhat – without the resistance of her weight against the earth, her leg is able to give a bit with the impact. The lack of satisfaction with the assault to her legs was traded for some pleasure from actually catching the bottom of her cheek between his teeth.

Since Cineviam had only half-reared and lunged forward at her, he gained the ground first. Faelene had started to teeter and he could guess that because he was below her, she would strike at him from above as she descended. Since her tender underbelly was exposed to him, he could risk taking the blows from her front hooves and gouge her with his horn or he could try to dodge. He supposed that she was more use to the World’s Edge alive than dead.

Still he decided to take a chance.

He dropped his head to chest level, trying to protect it from her flailing hooves as he darted to the left (her right). He aimed to drive his shoulder into Faelene’s sensitive stomach, maybe knock her off balance as she tried to land. Cineviam didn’t want his horn to gouge her deep but to scrape along her right haunch. One of her hooves caught him high on his neck to the right of his crest as he passed beneath them. The pain is searing at first as the muscles that run along the top of the neck are undoubtedly bruised. Later, when his muscles cooled, Cineviam would probably hold his head high or off to the right slightly to shorten the muscles. While it was sore, he didn’t think it would affect his performance too much during the remainder of the fight.

i.Risked (and took) a hit by one of her hooves
to be able to try to hit one side of her underbelly to unbalance her
while his head is at chest level trying to scrape her haunch too.

ii.3/3 attacks

iii.351 words

Messages In This Thread
RE: swing, swing [Cineviam/Spar] - by Cineviam - 09-01-2012, 07:45 PM
RE: swing, swing [Cineviam/Spar] - by Faelene - 09-01-2012, 10:42 PM
RE: swing, swing [Cineviam/Spar] - by Cineviam - 09-04-2012, 06:19 AM
RE: swing, swing [Cineviam/Spar] - by Faelene - 09-05-2012, 11:01 PM
RE: swing, swing [Cineviam/Spar] - by Cineviam - 09-12-2012, 04:54 PM
RE: swing, swing [Cineviam/Spar] - by Faelene - 09-16-2012, 04:15 PM
RE: swing, swing [Cineviam/Spar] - by Cineviam - 09-27-2012, 12:01 AM
RE: swing, swing [Cineviam/Spar] - by Faelene - 10-02-2012, 03:09 PM
RE: swing, swing [Cineviam/Spar] - by Cineviam - 10-03-2012, 04:59 AM