the Rift

[OPEN] Sticks And Stones

Morrigan Posts: 93
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hands :: 7 Orangemoons HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Pongo :: Bongo :: None Xyroca
Auds pricked to listen to the stallion describe the ways of his old home, truly fascinated by the description and trying to visualize how grand it must have been. It sounded truly wonderful, a world without war and violence with magnificent creations created by melodies. What could be more beautiful? I pulled my head back slightly at his own sudden change in demeanor, claiming that he hated his homelands. That was certainly unexpected...My crown tilted to the side as I watched him, noting his body language that began to put me at unease once more. What could possibly cause him to hate such a place, when just moments before he spoke of it as though it was heaven on earth?

I followed his gaze to the stone, wondering what sorts of things he could have made out of the stone. What a pity that Helovia had stolen that ability from him, I would have liked to see that. His sudden toss of his head and pinned ears made me jump, my own ears burying themselves into my mane at his sudden snappiness. I was like everyone else? Never in my life had I heard of such a comparison. While in my past I would have yearned to hear such words, something about them didn't sound right. Whether it was his tone, or the fact that they were coming from him, the words hit me just like any other insult that had ever been cast upon me. When he looked at me with a frown, my brows furrowed bitterly. I had done nothing to deserve such treatment, even when I retreated away from him just minutes before. I was kind and apologetic, I had taken steps forward that I had been too fearful to do before. By no means did I deserve this, this sudden resentment of sorts.

Part of me wanted to tell him to piss off for speaking to me like that, but as I stared at him for a second in silence, I decided against it. As the tension grew heavier, I thought back to my homeland. No, my homeland was nothing like Helovia. True, it was nothing like his homeland either. Certainly song did not have such powers. But the customs were still as different as night and day. Though I had never even attempted singing a note before, as the thought never seemed to cross my mind, I would not say that my homeland was songless. Not all of it at least. There was my mother..."My "homelands" were not like yours, nor were they like Helovia...But my mother used to sing to me, they brought me comfort in my youth." My tone drifted off as I thought back to my mother, feeling a pang in my chest that pulled at my heartstrings. How I missed her so...

Shaking my head as though to shove the memories back into my head, I eyed the stallion wearily. "If you hated your homeland, why do you miss it so?" I questioned him boldly, taking the flying leap of assumptions and with it a wild guess that he missed his home. "Those that hate their homelands do not carry on the traditions into their new homes...They do not speak of the magic or the desert with such a passion as you just have." I tried to explain why I believed that he missed his home, all the while trying to understand why he could have possibly hated it to begin with. My crown tilted to the side as I pushed away the feelings of irritation I felt towards him for insulting me, instead trying to change the tone of the conversation completely.
[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.

Messages In This Thread
Sticks And Stones - by Bucephalus - 11-10-2014, 12:41 AM
RE: Sticks And Stones - by Morrigan - 11-10-2014, 01:04 AM
RE: Sticks And Stones - by Bucephalus - 11-10-2014, 01:33 AM
RE: Sticks And Stones - by Morrigan - 11-10-2014, 02:07 AM
RE: Sticks And Stones - by Bucephalus - 11-10-2014, 02:17 AM
RE: Sticks And Stones - by Morrigan - 11-10-2014, 02:56 AM
RE: Sticks And Stones - by Bucephalus - 11-10-2014, 02:16 PM
RE: Sticks And Stones - by Morrigan - 11-10-2014, 03:54 PM
RE: Sticks And Stones - by Bucephalus - 11-10-2014, 04:44 PM
RE: Sticks And Stones - by Morrigan - 11-10-2014, 08:23 PM
RE: Sticks And Stones - by Bucephalus - 11-10-2014, 09:39 PM