the Rift

[OPEN] he watched a falling star at the edge of the world;

Glacia Posts: 111
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Name :: Snowy Owl :: None Nessie

My attention is on him. Only him. A sneer begins to form on his face, before suddenly, it was gone. My ears once up fell a little back, the excitement falls a little. My words are the only thing that ring through the darkness, and even those are gone. There is only silence, silence and waiting. What was he waiting for? He was like a glacier, my namesake taking his sweet time as he thought over answers? As he fought an inner turmoil perhaps? It was impossible to tell, the only emotion that had shown on his face thus far was that quickly subdued ugly sneer.

Just like mother. He hid his emotions easily, looking so icy, so cool. But I wait, wait for his name, and it takes so long, the suspense. My heart beats against my chest, and I can hear it in this silence, I wonder, can he hear it too? And then with the flick of his white tail, he finally speaks. "I am Mauja," His voice comes out defeated, and for some reason, I can't help to feel the same. Mother had told me, she had told me who my father was. She had heard it from that pretty lady Illynx. The missing lady of the Basin. My blood runs cold, and I hope she doesn't show up dead like so many others.

I find myself calm. He speaks again. "though if she has ever spoken of a Liam, we might be one and the same." Yes, mother had mentioned that she had known him as Liam until the day I was born. Then she found out the truth, and his name was Mauja. The old king of the Basin. Who ruled long before mother had gotten here. My mind slips to Aviya, that crazy girl who tried to kill me, that crazy girl who challenged mother, and my eyes slip down into the snow and the close. I feel anger at this spotted creature. This once mighty leader. This once kingly creature. So what the hell was he doing back here, on the borders of the Basin? What was he searching for.

His voice rings out once more, and the glacial eyes slip back up to him. "Who's your father?" Its so cold, so cruel. So nonchalant. Like he didn't really care, like it didn't really matter. I am not surprised though, and I watch him, silent towards him as well. Should I tell its him? Or should I say not you and relieve that from this icy creatures conscience. The descision is made, and I close my eyes for a moment before looking back at this cold man. "You." The word is quiet, barely audible, and I feel a calmness come over me. I had said it just loud enough for him to hear me. Like he cared. It seemed like he didn't really. Suddenly, I wish I hadn't left. Maybe then I wouldn't be so disappointed in him. In my mother.

"talk talk talk talk "
Tagged;; @[Mauja] @[Chernobyl]
Words;; 509 words
Notes;; <3

I HAD A HEART THEN
but the queen has been overthrown

full image

Messages In This Thread
RE: he watched a falling star at the edge of the world; - by Glacia - 12-05-2014, 03:20 PM